• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dragoon: The Dragon Campaign

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego Vendrix~
- Southern Forests -

"Andrea and Charlotte, cut it out. We can't have any fighting between ourselves. We have to stick to the problem at hand. Porter, was their anything else you can remember about this so-called "monster"?"

"There's not much else I can use to describe it. It was a monster, an unholy creation of those Winglies and their magics. It's skin was like stone, and everything we threw at it didn't even leave a scratch. And it was massive. Far taller than even our artillery catapults."

Porter cast a glance northward. "But we don't have time for discussion. Flanvel is even now headed for Gloriano. We need to move." He turned to Michael. "I'm sorry, but I cannot stand by while my home is attacked. Our survivors and wounded are headed for Deningrad, but I and any others who wish to come with me will follow you, whither you approve of it or not. Standing by and waiting is simply not something we can do."

"Very well then. I will go as well..." Diego said as his eyes narrowed. He wondered if Porter was thinking bad of them. Sure, they were civilians, but it wasn't their fault that no soldiers were chosen by the orbs. Oh well Now wasn't the time for that. It was time to go.

~ Imperial Holy City Gloriano ~

The city was in flames. Up above the cities edge, Flanvel floated menacingly, bombaring the human city laid out below with blast after blast of fire and magic. The Tower was tall and thin, and the spire resembling a spiral that came up to a point. Several rings and devices surrounded the point, and a large circular base of rock and masonry formed the base of the tower. From the spiral, came the blasts of magics, and from the base erupted massive fireballs that rained down over the area of Fort Magrad.

Wingly soldiers swarmed from the tower, diving down to spread chaos across the city before darting back into the air. The Spear Cannon, the massive weapon that had kept Flanvel at bay for so long, lay silent and dark even as the floating fortress rained destruction down upon the city.

The Dragoons, accompanied by the small but determined Roc and Wyvern mounted group of Porter and his men, made their way into the skies above Gloriano. The city proper was only mildly damaged, but the fortified area around Fort Magrad was set ablaze. Wingly troops swarmed over the area, clashing with the few human forces that remained. It seemed that they wanted to capture the city as intact as possible. But the human resistance wasn't getting the same treatment.

"We'll head for the ground to provide support." Porter called to the Dragoons. "You take care of Flanvel. As long as its there, we can't win this fight."

Diego nodded. He will do his best to attack Flanvel. His wings grew out and he flew in a stoney serious gaze. Lacking his earth weapon, he couldn't attack well. However, he was still dangerous. He summoned a large icosahedron of stone before he punched. Shards began flying like bullets the size of baseballs at the Winglies. Each of the missiles hit their targets. Most knocked them unconscious or stun them long enough to be attacked. Some were sharp enough to impale them. Satisfied with his work, he turned toward the icosahedron, smaller, but still quite large. He jumped onto it and the stone shape began headed to Flanvel.

"For Humanity" Diego said in complete seriousness and detachment.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Gloriano

Charlotte flew above the last Human City, noticing the chaos that erupted below her. She never had such bad luck in less than twelve hours. She had gotten hurt, witnessed something that deeply scarred her mind, got into a fight, and practically couldn't face or even bear to sleep with the guy she thought she had feelings for, not when there was the possibility of him going psycho on her.

Winglys spread out across and above the city. Fort Magrad was burning, and Gloriano itself was starting to take damage. Charlotte continued flying with the troops, until they were close enough, but not too close to be easily noticed.

"We'll head for the ground to provide support." Porter called to the Dragoons. "You take care of Flanvel. As long as its there, we can't win this fight."

"Yeah, sure. That annoying thing's gotta fall...and it will." Charlotte called out in response. She then looked up at the sky and frowned. It was daytime, much to her dismay. How the heck was she going to approach the tower without a shadow?

After thinking for a while, she had an idea of what she could do. First, she unleashed several black and dark purple clouds around herself, using her wings to transform them into a swirling vortex around herself, like a dark tornado. Moving from within the tornado, she conjured up more of her dark fog, sending them up the top of her moving vortex and allowing them to spread across the sky. It may not have been nighttime, but it did darken the sky, turning day into dusk.

"Much better....let's do this!" She whispered as she drew closer to Flanvel.

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Michael Azreal
~Death City Mayfil~

"Firstly,"
Michael watched as Andrea walked up to him, and expected her to drag him aside and speak to him like she did with Michael on most occasions. But instead, she walked up, and in a split second, raised her hand and slapped him across the face. Michaels head moved to the side, and he blinked momentarily, unsure of what it was that had just happened. "That's for not being you." He moved forward to look at her again, only to be slapped to the other side, and again, he blinked, not sure what was going on. "Now snap out of it. We haven't talked at all since the battle."

Michael, or that is, the Dragon Spirit, rubbed his cheeks, kind of confused as to what kind of human interaction this was. Never, in all his years of existence, had he seen this kind of interaction, especially between people who said to love each other. The interactions around him were slowly drained out, as he moved his mind into the back of his own spiritual being, and tried to contact Michael. He moved through their memories, and their spiritual beings, before emerging on a large green island, covered with gorgeous trees and surrounded by glistening blue water. In the center of the island sat a man dressed in a grey robe, with dark blue eyes, meditating silently.
Michael, Andrea just slapped you twice across the face.
Michaels spirit stirred as much as it could with the small energy it had left, and spoke to the Dragon of Light. "What do you mean? did you make her mad or something?" The Spirit shook his large, dragon head, and looked down at Michael.
That does not matter right now. I am confused, what kind of interaction is this for a couple such as you and Andrea? Do you commonly hit each other physically? Should I return to your body and hit her?
Michael sighed, before he looked up at the dragon, a hint of malice in his stare. "Look, just go back there and deal with the situation. I need to keep resting, so you don't have to worry about controlling me anymore. Get it? The dragon nodded, and silently turned back, before returning to the physical world.

Michael blinked, and looked around for a moment, as the Dragoons continued to talk amongst themselves and Porter. It seemed the decision had been made, and it was now time for the great battle of their home.
It was time for the Dragons to save humanity.

Imperial holy City Gloriano

MIchael flew above the earth, accompanied by the Dragoon Knights and a group of mount on Rocs and Wyverns. Michael ignored the words of Porter and the other Dragoons. He needed to plan out an attack that could truly best that machine Flanvel was on. He could think of one in particular, but he would need to save up most of his energy for it to work properly. As the literal spirit of a Dragon, he had access to the greatest powers capable in a human body, and the one attack he was thinking of could destroy Flanvel and his weapon in one mighty blow. But he was not ready for it, not now. He needed everything to be prefect. Trajectory, collateral chance, and especially the positions and moves of the other Dragoons.
He raised he blade up, and in one burst of flight, sliced one of the Winglies in two, leaving the two halves to fall to the earth below.

He gripped his blade tight, before swinging in one deathly blow against another Wingly, who was unable to parry the strike in time, and was instead maimed severely across the face and chest. As he reared in pain, Michael swung his blade once more, beheading the foe, as small fountains of blood sprouted from his neck.
Michael hovered still for a moment, looking around him at the glowing orange city. This battle would be the one that proved wether or not these Dragoons were capable of winning this war.

Or if humanities last hope would ultimately fail.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
OOC: Wow, I can't believe I forgot about this. Sorry about that. A bunch of other things have kept me busy, but I'll try to keep this going.

Aaron Kodora
Imperial Holy City Gloriano

The fight raged on around the Dragoons as they flew straight into the battle. Aaron could see far ahead the menacing shape of Flanvel, that big tower in the sky that was sending out powerful blasts of fire and magic. Diego, Charlotte and Michael had already started countering the assault, and Aaron quickly thought of what he could do. Briefly consulting the Dragoon Spirit within him, he yelled out to the group, "What's the plan!?", then flew higher into the air and summoned a huge, whirling blizzard that slowed down the Wingly forces but left the assorted resistance army unaffected.

He left the blizzard to go on, then flew down, pulled out his dagger, and began slashing at the Winglies who were flying above the human forces. He was still partly tired from the battle at Mayfil, but he had enough energy to hold off these enemies before the main assault on Flanvel.

As the time wore on, he began to get more and more tired, so he flew up to a ledge on one of the buildings and started shooting into the crowd. The blizzard helped, but the Winglies were advancing. He had to trust the others to take out Flanvel, because that was the main deciding factor in this battle. Using part of his remaining strength, he summoned his polar bear to decimate the enemy, then flew up to see how the fight was going. It didn't look good.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Imperial Holy City of Gloriano

Charlotte advanced inside her tornado, letting loose cold, dark mist as she moved, in an effort to poison and enfeeble the Winglys. Suddenly, she felt a blast of cold air. Looking to her side, she saw Aaron, flying on his magnificent crystalline wings, as well as ice and snow falling from the dark sky.

"What's the plan!?" He called out. Charlotte navigated her tornado towards him, still focusing on hurling poisonous shadows. She noticed that he was growing tired from the slashing. Summoning up more of her strength, she expanded the tornado, allowing Aaron to enter it. He was going to be safe...for now.

"Freeze-lock the area. I'll concentrate on crippling them so they move slower. I'm going to have to lift this tornado higher. Whatever you do, don't get out. Once I do enough, drop the temperature around them. Might as well freeze this vortex too, 'till it drops on them. I'll just have to make it big enough." Charlotte said, raising her scythe and slashing at the walls of the vortex in a circular motion, going upwards.

The tornado rose higher and higher in the air, growing steadily wider. Charlotte focused on casting long-range Hexes downwards, towards the Winglys. It took some time, and Charlotte was starting to get drained.

"Fenris...fight with me..." She whispered as she conjured up her wolf of black shadows. Fenris appeared, before giving a howl and jumping out of the vortex, heading straight for the Winglys. Charlotte watched from inside the widening vortex, while still letting her Poison Mist seep through. After a while, she faced Aaron.

"Now. First the outside, then the vortex. I'll fly you out if you get too tired." She said, giving him the signal.