• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dragoon: The Dragon Campaign

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Birth City Deningrad

Charlotte grinned sinisterly under her black hood as a wave of Wingly soldiers approached her and the army surrounding her.

"This is going to work..." She thought to herself as she stretched her hand towards the Winglies.

"Torment." She whispered as she let loose the Hex and aimed it at the Winglies. Almost immediately, the Winglies in the front line started moaning in pain as their bodies and limbs were being pulled, jerked and twisted agonizingly by unseen forces. This allowed the Gigantos, Minintos and humans near Charlotte to charge towards the hexed Winglies and slash or shoot at them. She then moved towards a corner with less Wingly soldiers, though they were ranged ones this time. Seeing her, the Winglies shot their arrows quickly. Two of their arrows struck Charlotte's left shoulder, bouncing off her left shoulder armor. Charlotte narrowly dodged three more arrows after that. Infusing her scythe with darkness, she charged towards them.

"Impair." She murmured, unleashing another one of her curses at the small group of ranged Wingly fighters. The Winglys started moving more sluggishly. Charlotte took the chance to run even closer and swung her darkness-infused scythe quickly. Aiming for their wings first, she sliced them off after a few, quick swings. Then, together with the other scythe-bearers of Gloriano's army, aimed for the Wingly soldiers' heads and, after some more quick swings, impaled their heads. Charlotte saw Wingly blood pool at her feet, as well as the army's.

Charlotte looked around and saw the impaled corpses around her, feeling slightly sick at the strange, strong smell of Wingly blood, which was red like human blood, but was a different story altogether in terms of smell.

"Charlotte Mikaela Moore, don't you vomit your guts out right here and now. It's just the blood of those vile Winglys. Of course it stinks as much as Winglys do." She warned herself silently, making a mental note to get used to it by the end of the day. Shrugging off her slight feeling of nausea, she whipped off her dark cloak, unfurled her demonic crimson wings and took to the skies, her long blond hair flowing behind her. She flew towards the other Dragoons and raised her scythe towards the approaching aerial Wingly forces.

"They deserve this coming for them. They all deserve it." She thought as she unleashed a wave of darkness towards the Winglys, hoping that she was not too far away for it to at least hit the front row.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Aaron Kodora
Northern Forests

Heh, thought Aaron as he watched the warriors cheer after Polter said his speech. Time to take care of business.

He launched himself onto a wyvern, loving the feel of the muscles moving in its wings as it flew. He followed the other Dragoons as they flew into the Birth City, Deningrad. Even though he hated the Winglies for what they had done, he still admired their architecture. He leapt off the wyvern as he approached the city and pulled out his bow, hanging back with the other long-range fighters. He took out a few Winglies, wincing as he saw their blood. I don't really like the looks of this, but it has to be done. Can't get weak now, of all times.

After countless slain enemies, he finally decided that enough was enough and threw himself into the fray, transforming as he did into his Dragoon form. He unfurled his wings and flew into the air, like an angel of death above them. He formed a few spikes of ice and dropped them on the enemy, then made small bombs that released tiny needle-shaped slivers of ice.

Wow. We're actually winning. Even though he new they would, he was still surprised as it was happening.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Alyssin Garvetura
Birth City Deningrad

Alyssin winced as Winglies were cut to pieces, but she shrugged it off. "This isn't a time to get all soppy. These guys killed your mother. This is for a noble cause." She muttered.

Deciding then and now was the time to act, she slipped foward, hidden by the bulk of the army. "Looks like there IS an advantage for being small" She thought, dodging a Gigantos.

Winglies charged at the army, slashing some to pieces but getting killed themselves. With a slight pang of guilt Alyssin brought down her sword, cutting a Wingly clean in half. Stepping over his body, she parried swords and pushed them back at their owners, before slashing again.

For you, Mother She thought, leaping over a Wingly sword and landing on the head of the owner, slashing at other Winglies before jumping again. Backwards into the army she was part of. The dead bodies of Winglies was piling, and the stench of blood was in the air, making Alyssin want to throw up. But she swallowed her nausea.

Now She whispered. The perfectly round stone she'd placed in her sword hilt glowed brightly, and Alyssin did too. Being hidden behind the bulk of her comrades, the Winglies didn't notice as she transformed into her Dragoon armor.

As Alyssin had suspected, or more over controlled, her Dragoon armor slipped behind her non Dragoon armor, giving her twice the defense, and twice the power. Her wings hadn't appeared, which was what she had planned. This meant they'd think, throughout the battle, she was a normal warrior, albeit with a bit more magic than most.

She gripped her sword hilt tightly, and the jewel gleamed, sending crimson flames down the length of her sword. Squeezing past some of her fellow fighters, she slashed her sword.

With no-on in reach.

The flames on her sword flew out, copying the arc she had made with her sword through the air. The Winglies charged and screamed as they ran into the flames, watching in horror as burns appeared all over them.

Alyssin smiled inwardly. She wasn't killing them, just fending them off. Less smelly blood and gore that way. As she prepared for another assault of the same kind, an idea struck. She sen some flames to the tip of her sword and drew in the air, making the basic shape of a sword just like hers. She tilted the flames so the faced the Winglies, and whacked the image with the flat of her sword.

What happened next made her gasp.

The fire sword flew foward, then stopped. She was about the whack it again when it turned solid, like glass. Then it continued to fly, flying in a straight line, burning and cutting every Wingly it touched.

Awesome Alyssin thought. A new way to strike back. And I dangerous one too. To the enemy, of course.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego ★ Vendrix~
Birth City Deningrad

Diego wasn't affected by the sight of the blood of Winglies. Although he loathed them, he still felt some sympathy for them. At least, enough to give them quick and somewhat painless deaths. His wings did not appear yet; he was binding his time beforeThe wind touched his helmt as he had his club ready. As soon as he saw the first Wingly, he swung and heard a sickening crack as he heard the skull shatter. The Winglies, caught offguard by this, were then also smashed and had limbs and heads be forced into their sockets. Diego had decided not to use much of his magic yet, as he was making sure he always had an ace up his sleeve.

Diego then dodged a magical attack with ease as he looked at the Wingly who did so. He ran up to him and swung the shillelagh into his ribcage as one who can see the visable sturdy chest liquidate with the bone. Diego then swung and smashed the wing into the ground. Diego decided to show off a bit. He grabbed his club and he tapped it hard on the ground like Nanny McPhee. Spires of stone erupted from the fground as several Wingleis found themselves skewers before the spires faded into dust and they landed on the ground with a crunch. He then had an idea. He raised his hand as he focused his magic. An area he focused on, the ground began ripping up and forming a makeshift rock in the air as any caught Winglies were squished into the boulder. Diego then ran towards it and smashed it with the club. The rock shattered in a direction; several dozen shards of sharp-edged rocks flew like bullets and impaled several Winglies in the heart, head and wings.

"Cursed be the ground for our sake, for out of the ground we were taken and to the dust we shall return," Diego said in a sage-like voice.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Skies Above Birth City Deningrad

Charlotte grinned as the dark wave hit the front line of the approaching Winglys, knocking them back. She noticed that, though the wave did not cause as much damage as she expected, the Winglys had started scattering in different directions, obviously disoriented. Some of them had even started hitting each other.

"Hmm...confusion? Isn't that also one of my Hexes? If Naga is Mr. Mob Nuking, then I must be Ms. Status Effects then. Pretty cool." Charlotte concluded, smirking slightly. Once again infusing her scythe with darkness, she flew towards the disoriented Winglys and one by one, impaled them mercilessly.

"You deserve this. All of you!" She thought as she finished the last one off, as she was trying to get used to the blood's stench. The remaining members of the group flew forward, shooting arrows towards her. The arrows flew swiftly towards Charlotte, who thought for a moment that she was going to get hit. However, remembering that her powers of Darkness did not only aid her in attacking, she swung her scythe around herself in swift circles, the darkness creating a purplish-black cloud twister. From inside, she used her wings to propel the twister as it deflected the arrows aimed at her. Still swinging her scythe, she managed to hit several Winglies of the second wave from inside the dark twister. Propelling it to safety by flying, she dispersed the shadows around herself after a she reached a good distance. She looked around, seeing the third wave in the distance, as well as the remainder of the second wave approaching her fellow Dragoons. Lifting herself higher, she flew towards her comrades to help fight off the enemy.

"It's not over yet."She whispered to herself.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Birth City Deningrad ~

The outer rim of the city was in chaos. Battles tore all throughout the west district, fires, magic, and arrows flying amidst the turmoil of the ever increasing battle.

The Wingly spell-casters continued their assault, launching blasts of purple fire at the the advancing waves of the air calvary that continued to drop the human forces into the flying city.

But something wasn't right. The city's defenses were falling too easily, the Winglies were being pushed back, forced to abandon the outer rim of the city with almost no significant human losses. It was as if the Wingly forces had simply left the city in the hands of a small under-trained defense force. Just as Commander Porter started to suspect something, there came a massive blast of power from the city center, crimson bolts of lighting tearing into the sky, vaporizing a Wyvern in mid-flight.

"What the hell was that?" he shouted. "I want some intel, now!"

His intel came in the form of a battered looking archer. "Sir, the Winglys have deployed some sort of artillery. Until those cannons are taken care of, the air calvalry will have to back off."

"Back off? We've nearly cap-"

Porter's words were cut off as more chaos seemed to erupt in the streets ahead.

---------------------------------------------------------

~ High Chamber of the Crystal Palace ~

Azraesis watched as the humans invaded his city.

The Wingly ruler had sat upon this throne for nearly a century, and in that time, violence had never erupted within these walls. But now, the filthy low-worlders had stained his city with their blood and the blood of his subjects. But... he had to admit, he was prepared for this. His city was not a city build for war. He had no defense towers, no heavy artillery, but he did have some tricks up his sleeve, and the tactics of a hundred year-old Wingly general at his disposal. His city would not fall today.

"Send out the Black Squad. I want those cannons protected." he commanded. "And what of these 'Human Spellcasters.'"

"They appear to be human sir, but the magics they wield are beyond that of even our own spellcasters."

"Give the order, I want them found and I want them dead. Do you understand?"

The Wingly solider bowed. "Yes sir, at once."

------------------------------------------------------------

~ Birth City Deningrad ~

The Wingly Black Squads were the elite guard, the top-class warriors that protected each of the flying cities. They were the most skilled, top trained, and best warriors and spellcasters each city had to offer, and the Deningrad Black Squad was no different.

They wore no armor, because they didn't need it. Arrows deflected off of their wards before even touching the cloth of their robes. Swords bent away from their skin, and they slayed dozens with simple words and gestures, beckoning their dark magics to steal the life from those they called their enemies. The normal humans stood no chance against these foes.

The black-robbed Winglies tore through the area, some staying to guard the cannons, others spreading out in search of the Dragoons.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Alyssin Garvetura
Birth City Deningrad

As Alyssin slashed another Wingly, she felt a change the air. Something was going on. Something she figured, quite rightly, she wouldn't be all that fond of.

As she blocked a Wingly spell with her sword, a burst of power surged from the centre of the city. It took the form of red lightning, which formed jaggered patterns in the sky. An unfortunate Wyvern was zapped by the power, and disspeared into thin air, vaporised. Alyssin felt sick.

Those Winglies.... They were luring us in. They acted the easily vanquished, then bring out the big guns... Literally. She thought, gripping her sword tightly. She wasn't going to stand for the death of anyone else on her side. She would take out the strange cannons, and the air cavalry could swoop in and lead them to victory.

Easy said then done. The cannons were well defended, and amongst the normal, easily vanquished Winglies where those who simply exuded such an aura of power. Alyssin could see her Red Eyed Dragon trembling ever so slightly, as if the owners of this dark powers were a doomsday waiting to happen. A huge threat.

Alyssin back away from the cannons slightly, elbowing a Wingly in the head while she backed up. She stopped a safe distance away from the cannons, and sighed. "They'll be looking for us." Alyssin murmured. She frowned. "They look like they've split into two; One half stays at the cannons, to ward off our troops, while the others come to eleminate the only potential threat in this army; The Dragoons."

She closed her eyes, begging the Red Eyed Dragon for advice. It opened it's eyes, staring at her in her minds eye. It opened it's mouth and roared. The simple roar gave a simple message, one easily understood.

Just Try

She tightened her grip anxiously on her sword. A Gigantos charged past, attempting to hack one of the un armored Winglies to pieces. His sword bent on contact, and he fell. Again, Alyssin felt sick. But a flash of detimination flashed through her, and she sketched another sword with the firey tip of her own. Aware this was probably stupid, she grabbed the fire sword sketch, and span it, before hurling it foward. It sliced through some Winglies, but she still felt helpless. Surely there was SOMEHTING she could do......

treespyro

Vintage much?
Andrea Hensley

The battle raged on as Andrea saw the other knights attack the Winglies. It was a bloody battle but "If it had to be done" she thought to herself. The advantage that Andrea had was that she was really fast which was something that was a massive advantage to her unlike the Winglies and her compatriots. She saw that there were many little battles.

She saw a couple of Winglies, she took out her boomerang and ran. The boomerang hit many of them. Unlike the rest of the knights, Andrea used speed and her projectiles to get the job done. "Run to the lighting" she smirked as she shot out a little electric bolts to stun her opponents. She then ran up and kicked them. "I am not really the killing type, so I will allow them to kill you. No blood on my hands" she took out a rope and then tied a couple of them and threw them towards another knight to do the job. "Alright we have company" she smirked as Andrea threw her boomerang once more to get some hits and it worked as she managed to attack those Winglies but just injure them. One of them tried to attack her but Andrea was quick on the ball. "Sorry I'm just too quick" she then swept him with a low kick. "Well I could sweep you off your feet but that is too easy I want to see you squirm" she then had her boots with a sharp heel griding the Wingly. "Oh Squirm, it makes me go wild but I am going to going make sure you can't get up" she then took out a few sharp objects that she picked up earlier and pinned the creature down.

"I have to take care of other business, ciao" Andrea then ran up quickly to catch Winglies however the heard a noise of a cannon. "Oh come on" she muttered as she knew to stay alive, she would have to be on guard but then any noise could infact let her guard down. Andrea knew that she had to sayy on quick offensive otherwise she was going to die, simple as that. "I need to focus" she thought to herself as she got hit from behind. Andrew was on the ground but she turned around and kicked the wingly. "Oh come on, lets tangle" she spat as she went into a boxing stance but then figured she might as well use her power. "Shocking" she used her electric powers to stun her opponent. It was going to be a very long battle and she would have to be on guard.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Nahgka Kaa

Naga breathed a sigh of relief as he finished off the final wave of aerial Wingly lancers around him with his wind-powered spear.

"All done?" He wondered to himself as he flew higher, seeing seemingly nothing around him, as well as his comrades. He started to fly back down to the city of Deningrad. However, before he could land, her heard something behind him. Startled, he looked back.

"Damn...what the heck are those?" He murmured in fear as he saw several black-hooded figures surrounding the army. Naga tried to hurl a twister, followed by a cyclone. To his surprise, the figures continued on, unharmed. Naga started to panic.

"What? Who or what are they?" He wondered as he quickly retreated, flying swiftly out of sight, letting his winds surround him, making him invisible as air. Unseen, Naga began to think.

"Alright now...these weirdos just suddenly come out and they walk off from my gusts. I can't risk getting near to spear them either. The only possible way I can be safe if to conjure up something to attack for me and defend me out of the wind...a replica of the Jade Dragon?" He thought, before quickly shaking his head.

"No...no way. They'll find out my identity if I create the likeness of a Dragon to attack for me. What likeness is it then that I could do, aside from a Dragon. I am Wind, so terrestrial stuff are out of the question..." He murmured, trying to find an answer. After a while, he was sure that he knew it.

"Ventus...fight with me..." He whispered as he conjured a few winds, which soon took the shape of a large eagle, though it was hardly visible. Naga then directed it towards the black-hooded Winglys. He then flew over the Winglies, then lowering himself to just below them, while still made invisible by his winds. The Winglies were caught by surprise when what seemed to be a faintly-visible eagle controlled by Naga started attacking them from the front. Naga then took the chance to strike from behind, spearing a few of the Winglys after which he flew away before they could find out who attacked their comrades' backs.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore

Charlotte tossed back her pale blond hair as she lowered her pearl-studded scythe, looking around and noticing that there were very few Winglys left in the air.

"Good riddance. Good riddance indeed." She smirked to herself as she started descending towards the ground, convinced that they had won. However, a faint sound caught her attention. She listened as the noise grew louder and louder each passing second. She looked back to see where it came from, her eyes growing wide with shock as she saw what it was.

"So, there's still more of them? As if the pesky insects weren't enough, now they send out the rats." She grumbled as she saw several black-hooded Winglys flying towards her and her comrades. She conjured up six balls made out of shadows and used her scythe to fling all of them simultaneously towards the Winglys. To her surprise, the Winglys absorbed the attacks, unscathed.

"What the heck are they?" She thought to herself as she hovered in midair, not knowing what to do next. She looked up and noticed that Naga had vanished into thin air. Sh then looked down and saw the lengthening shadows of those who battled on Birth City Deningrad. She saw that the Black Squad was closing in on her. Thinking quickly, she dive-bombed into the largest and using her shadow magic, vanished into it. She breathed a sigh of relief.

"So, offensive dark magic is out of the question. I can't get close either. I don't know about my Hexes, they could catch me off-guard. So what now?" She asked herself. From the shadows, she looked up to see the battle going on in the air. She noticed that something that looked like a giant eagle formed out of gusts was attacking the Winglies, undeniably Naga's creation. Charlotte grinned.

"Naga, you're a genius. Seriously." She thought as she conjured another ball out of shadows.

"OK, no Dragon for now. But...what the heck is my affiliation? No...definitely not a swan, a lamb or a chicken. I'm no Light, so doves and anything white are out of the question....what does that leave me?" She thought, resolving to experiment with a few on her mind.

"Umbra Leo.." She tried, concentrating on the ball of shadows. Nothing happened. Charlotte sighed. There went what she wanted.

"Panthera Umbra..." She attempted, knowing that surely the black panther was obviously going to fit with her element. To her surprise nothing happened.

"Geez...don't tell me I'm a duck or something. Ducks are fug." She muttered as she thought, trying to find the answer as she brushed her hand against her concealed purple orb. After a short time, she was sure she had it.

"Fenris...let's do this together!" She whispered. Slowly, the ball of shadows lifted itself from her hand and took he form of a large, dark wolf standing in front of her. Controlled by Charlotte's thoughts, it charged towards the Winglys and started to attack. Still hidden in the shadows, Charlotte grinned.

"They may have Dark powers like me, but I doubt that they know about this." She thought as she started murmuring the words in casting her most terrible and painful Hex, her body weakening as she did.

"And may torment and death come at comfort and life..." She finished, her knees buckling due to the fatigue the casting of the Hex caused on her body. She watched as her shadow-conjured wolf attacked the Black Squad, anticipating what she had been waiting for, a sign that her Hex had worked. After a while, the Winglys started to abosrb the health and stamina of Gloriano's army. At this moment, the twenty-one-year-old grinned. Her Hex had worked, as she saw that at every attempt the Winglys tried to heal, it only weakened then further and further. She gathered up all her strength and stood up, gripping her scythe tightly while she controlled Fenris' actions. She decided that it would be enough to stall for now while she recovered some of the strength her Hex-casting had depleted.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego ★ Vendrix~

Diego just smiled as he saw the last of the Winglies get themselves impaled by by his spike attacks. However, he knew this battle wasn't over. His friend may have been the only outcast of the Wingly species, but that didn't mean he didn't know his information about them. Diego's thought was confirmed when he saw the black-hooded Winglys. From what little his friend told him about military rank, he recognized these guys as a Black Squad, an elite group. From what he saw with Charlotte and Nahgka, they were able to absorb magic and impacts.

"Both wind and shadow can be considered 'ethereal' type weapons because they aren't solid. Let's see what would happen if a solid element hit them" Diego said before he stuck his shillelagh in the ground and flung massive rocks at them. To his somewhat shock, the rocks simply split upon hitting them, the chunks falling from the sky and squishing several dozen Winglies that happen to be on the ground. The Black Squad looked undeterred, though they looked slightly sheepish at being an indirect cause to their comrades' death. This simply made them go forward faster. Diego glared them, wishing he had his comrades with him. Then from the ground, something happened. Hands emerged as something pulled themselves from the ground. Diego's eyes widen, they were his friends. Or rather stone statues of them. I suppose it would be to see a Gigantos, a Minimus and a Wingly made of stone stand side by side next to Diego. Diego looked at them, their eyes were glowing, but he swore he saw them winking at him. Diego nodded and tapped his shillelagh on the ground. The three golems then went forward. Stone David was on Stone Goliath shoulder while Stone Judas was flying with levitating-rock wings. Stone David was thrown at a Black Wingly, who then proceeded to blind him and cause him to attack and drain energy from the other Black Winglys around him in a fit of blind rage and panic. Stone Goliath grabbed one Wingly at a time and began beating on it like a deranged toddler with a teddy bear. Meanwhile, Stone Judas carried Diego around the field in flight before he dropped him next to Charlotte and went off to help his rock buddies.

"You alright? Looks like whatever trick you did left them mad and you tired," Diego said as he was able to 'sense' her presence. Although she was in the shadows, the shadows were within the earth.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Birth City Deningrad

Charlotte phased out of the shadows, seeing that Diego had approached her.

"You alright? Looks like whatever trick you did left them mad and you tired," He asked. Charlotte grinned weakly.

"I guess I am. It was that Zombie Hex. As for what it does...let's just say it reverses the effects of healing on the Hexed ones. So the more they heal, the more hurt they get." Charlotte explained, trying to stand straighter, her mind still focused on controlling Fenris di Umbra.

'That's why for now, best that I could do is control Fenris to fight for me. Plus, remind myself not to use that Zombie thing all the time. I don't know if my Life Leech would even affect them either, unless I infuse the Life Leech Hex into my scythe....but I can't charge right now...not for a few minutes at the very least." She continued, the effects of the Hex evident in her fatigued state. She, however, tried to put together her strength, gripping her scythe tightly.

"By the way...thanks...for coming for me. I didn't know how for much longer was I going to be able to hold my invisibility together. If only there were more like you, Diego, and more who would appreciate who you are. You're a cool guy...real.....warm...and I like that in you." She whispered, giving a small wink at Diego as they stood protected behind Gloriano's army.

Last edited:

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Alyssin Garvetura
Birth City Deningrad

Alyssin's grip of her sword was so tight, her knuckles went white. But still the Dragon's strength flowed through her, offering no ideas, bt giving her strength and courage.

The other Dragoons, namely Charlotte, Naga and Diego, had done amazingly well. Charlotte had created a creature of shadows, some sort of large wolf. Naga had created an eagle, made completely of wind. And Diego had created three stone golems to fight for him, each bearing characteristics of a race. Gigantos, Minitos and Wingly. Which seemed an amazing idea. And despite them possibly being weakened from performing such extensive magics, they kept fighting. It was this courage that Alyssin was detirmined to follow. Otherwise her part would never be played, and she would be a worthless figure in fancy armor.

Let's see....... A nocturnal creature would be considered of darkness. A bird of flight would be considered of Wind. A stone creature is of Earth. Of Fire..... What is of fire? Alyssin thought, directing her question at the spirit of the Dragon.

It offered a few suggestions, but none stuck out. None. Alyssin sighed, and dodged a Wingly before kicking it in the back of the head, sending it toppling.

"There HAS to be at least one creature of Fire; One that truely symbolises the element. And not a dragon. Something simpler....... But what?" She said thoughtfully. As if on cue, the right idea emerged.

Firepos......Come fight! She whispered. For a moment, nothing happened. She sighed, and drew another fire sword in the air, and slashed a Wingly to pieces. But then the firey sword went out of control, twisting and turning, growing in size. Alyssin leapt back in fright, and watched as a shape took form: A bird, made of white hot flames. It raised it's head and screeched; A loud sound that piercedthe air and traveled through the battle field. It stared at Alyssin for a moment, befor taking wing and flying away.

Alyssin stumbled backwards, half out of surprise, half out of exhaustion. Firepos, the white-hot pheonix, was hard to control, but worked well, scraching and clawing endlessly at the Winglies. And due to one of Charlotte's prior spells, in theory Firepos did even more damage. If she could summon the power Alyssin could help, but she decided against it. She could lose control of Firepos, and despite the fact she could have summoned strength and courage aplenty a mere moment ago, she couldn't now. She just had to defend herself, control Firepos, and destory the black robed Winglies. Somehow. Otherwise, the battle was as good as finished.

Last edited:

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Micheal Azreal
~Birth City Deningrad~

Micheal watched as a large number of Gigantos soldiers moved to flank the part of the wall he had taken hold of, backing him up in the case that any surprise Winglys were nearby. This had been going well, and for some strange reason, Micheal contemplated that the humans may be near victory.
Until he heard a crack! a sling! and a screech, as one of the Wyverns was disintegrated in the air above the mighty city. A weapon, one that the invasion forces could not have anticipated.
Micheal flew through the first few layers of the city, hacking easily through the slightly confused Wingly soldiers, only finding minor challenge against a captain, who likely would have bested Micheal if it had not been for a Gigantos who swept the creature off his feet and hurled him into a building, cracking his bones and crushing a few bricks.

Micheal held his blade in both hands, as he ran and leapt, ensuring he rose swiftly to get a view of what it had been that had caused such an unbelievable casualty to the force so easily, but was shocked to see no machine, but instead, the shocking image of a Wingly, spearing towards him, clad in black robes, ready for combat. Micheal changed the trajectory of his flight, to luckily block the sudden strike made by the Wingly foe, who hacked in a downward motion, only to be parried by the Dragoon of Light. Micheal flapped to the side, as the Wingly rocketed forward again, and suddenly, held his hand out, and roared.
"Contraction!"
A transparent, warped orb erupted from his palm, flying towards the Wingly beast, and as it hit, the powerful soldier flinched.
But didn't move other than that.
Micheal raised his blade, as the Wingly weapon suddenly clashed next to his skull, and used all his strength to push back, and suddenly spun in mid air, as he blocked a second Wingly.

Fighting two of these Wingly soldiers was bad enough, but now common soldiers were starting to head to Micheal, and he had no plan of action. Not until he heard magical explosions and roars, and watched down below, as he broke free from the Wingly group, as his fellow Dragoons used their powers to summon forth powerful beasts, clearly symbols of their mighty Dragon. Micheal flew away, as the Winglys tailed, as he wondered what he may have as his symbol. A lion? A hawk? He could think of a few, but had no clue how to summon said creatures, until his Dragon spoke in his mind, in that strange tongue, giving him words to use for his conjuring spell. spinning towards the group, Micheal held his hands out, and yelled,
"Albus Leo!"
Nothing. He quickly dodged a bladed sweep, as he continued to fly, readying for a good moment.

"Albus Equus!"
Finally, after many futile attempts and near deaths, it seemed that he had hit the spot, as from his slash at one of the Wingly elites, a glorious white horse, built of pure ethereal magic, charged down the group, knocking aside the elites, and fully destroying the soldiers where they flew. With his defense set, Micheal let the spell wreak havoc up top, while he flew down to rejoin his allies near the ground. As he flew down, he spotted Diego and Charlotte behind the line of the advancing foot soldiers, and Charlotte seemed like she was injured, if not at least weak. Flying down by their side, Micheal landed on his feet, and came to a swift halt over Diegos shoulder, looking down on the two, as he towered above them.
"What's wrong, is someone hurt?"

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Birth City Deningrad

"What's wrong, is someone hurt?" A concerned voice asked from behind Charlotte. The twenty-one-year-old turned and saw Micheal, a look of worry on his face. Charlotte straightened herself, trying to hide her fatigue. She did not want to look weak at this time.

"I-it's nothing serious. Really. Just an effect of my um... shall we say Zombie Hex. Basically, anything that's supposed to heal them will hurt them even more. Plus, their resistances weaken, so damage towards them actually increases. I guess cursing and debuffing are two of my fortes. Yeah...so if your cast your healing spell on them...it's really gonna hurt." She explained as she placed a hand on the largest pearl of her scythe. She concentrated, then watched as streams of lavender energy flowed from the great pearl of her gauntlet towards the great pearl of her scythe, imbuing the weapon with her Leech Hex.

"It looks like regular spellcasting fails to harm these rats. I can't risk launching another offensive spell. I would have to get closer and strike sooner or later, or wait for the moon to rise...which is apparently fourteen hours from now." She observed as she looked over at Fenris, watching as it clawed at the Black Squad with dark-imbued talons, then lowered her head, evidently suffering from the loss of her stamina, although it was no bad as it had been a few minutes earlier.

"This is but a side effect of the Hex, it is very taxing on my stamina. But it had to be done..." She explained, resting her head on top of her scythe as she tried to concentrate on controlling her shadow wolf.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
~Diego ★ Vendrix~

"By the way...thanks...for coming for me. I didn't know how for much longer was I going to be able to hold my invisibility together. If only there were more like you, Diego, and more who would appreciate who you are. You're a cool guy...real.....warm...and I like that in you." Charlotte whispered, giving a small wink at Diego as they stood protected behind Gloriano's army.

Diego blushed heavily, but he couldn't help but smile. His emotions flashed in his eyes for her to see. "Thanks... that means alot," Diego said to her. He went over to her so he could protect her better. He then saw Micheal attacking them with a noble steed of light. He hopes Goliath doesn't see it or he might try and ride it. Then again, he may be able to ride and the Light/Stone Duo could cause even more Wingly pain. Meanwhile Stone David was still hopping on Black Winglies and causing them to drain energy at their allies while blind and increasingly getting panicky at flying blind. Stone Judas was smacking down on Black Winglies and carrying soldiers to safety. "My golems aren't like your creations," he said to Micheal and Charlotte. "I wonder what is my animal..." he said as he was starting to feel a little tired. However, the golems were of a manageable size and were more under his subconscious command, making it less taxing on him.

"Micheal, let's see if my stone Gigantos can ride on your steed of light. The power could amplify more than double. Plus it would shock them pretty bad," Diego said before he got closer to Charlotte. "I'll be here to take care of Charlotte, alright?" he said as he blushed a bit, hoping he wasn't implying anything.

OOC: Yay for romance. Also tomorrow, May 1, is my 18th Birthday!

treespyro

Vintage much?
Andrea Hensley

Andrea could see that Charlotte was on the ground but knew that crowding would make her a target. However a few things peaked her interest as she saw Diego, Michael and to some extent Alyssin use some animal to attack the Winglies' army. Andrea wondered how to do and how much physical energy was needed. So using her speed and agility she managed to buy sometime to figure out. She used a lot of her mental energy and physical energy while trying to make sure that since Michael, Diego and Charlotte were crowding around, it would make her not a target for the time being. Andrea focused and with that a large roar like a big cat was made. It was a Leopard which was like the colour of lighting some what. It attacked with great speed, the Winglies but with speed came the decrease in power. The attacks weren't that powerful compared to the others but it was effective in repeated doses.

Andrea used her boomerang afterwards to some effect but it wasn't the same. She was that strong in comparison to their fellow knights but she was the quickest and that she didn't know how to use that to her advantage. Andrea bought some time but stunning to her opponents. She could hear Charlotte, "By the way...thanks...for coming for me. I didn't know how for much longer was I going to be able to hold my invisibility together. If only there were more like you, Diego, and more who would appreciate who you are. You're a cool guy...real.....warm...and I like that in you.".

Andrea rolled her eyes but she heard Michael as well "Micheal, let's see if my stone Gigantos can ride on your steed of light. The power could amplify more than double. Plus it would shock them pretty bad," Diego said before he got closer to Charlotte. "I'll be here to take care of Charlotte, alright?" That was the clincher. Andrea couldn't concentrate and she started to crack up laughing so badly that she was very vulnerable to any attack. She composed herself, "Oh an ode to my love, we stand here in battle about to get mauled because we are all stupid enough to hang around together making us the target. Oh don't mind me, I am just having some fun. Now get up otherwise you can say hello to death, Harlot" she coldly stared at all three of them. "Diego, you can take care of her when at least you thought of a plan and oh Harlot because flirting is the smartest thing to do right now along with stabbing yourself" Andrea blew a kiss to all three as then she charged into battle even more with her speed and agility. She managed to conjure up her Leopard once more as she and it attacked more and more on the offensive.

FallenSanity

Ruby in the Diamonds
Micheal Azreal
~Birth City Deningrad~

Micheal nodded as Charlotte reassured him of simple tiredness. Micheal felt at least a little better knowing the numbers for the Dragoons would not dwindle. Diego spoke soon after, and Micheal couldn't hep but feel similarly, wondering what it would be like for the golem to mount his spectral steed, but that was a risky test, he himself not wanting to have to summon the horse back if it was simply drained away completely.
"I think that, Diego, is a test best saved for a later date."
And as he spoke, the sound of laughter could be heard above them, and he looked up, to see Andrea cackling at the earlier comments Diego and Charlotte had passed to each other.
"Oh an ode to my love, we stand here in battle about to get mauled because we are all stupid enough to hang around together making us the target."
Micheal blushed, as she pointed out an unbelievable mistake the three of them had made; while they had a few soldiers defending the area, they were practically giant bulls-eyes. Micheal looked up at Andrea, a violent glare in his eyes.

"Oh don't mind me, I am just having some fun. Now get up otherwise you can say hello to death, Harlot. Diego, you can take care of her when at least you thought of a plan and oh Harlot because flirting is the smartest thing to do right now along with stabbing yourself."
Deep down, Micheal felt proud he hadn't been noted for making a mistake, as the woman returned to her combat. Micheal interrupted any violent conjunctures the two of the Dragoons may have, as he spoke.
"Okay you two, she is right. Diego, you can handle yourself right now, we have soldiers to defend Charlotte, let them. I will have to go now, hopefully nothing goes wrong for you two. I'll let you make your next move, just heed my words, and the over-exaggerated words of Andrea."
And with that, Micheal disappeared into battle with a flap of speed.

Micheal headed back to his large steed, which was easily bashing basic Winglys, while only barely tormenting the two elite soldiers. Micheal held his blade by his side, and in one fell swoop and a roar, slashed at one of the Winglys, who was suddenly saved by his partner, who stayed as quiet as Micheal was being. The two clashed violently, as the second Wingly tried to avoid the steed, which was dealing a fair amount of damage. And then, in a flash, it was gone, as Micheal parried the Wingly he was fighting, and spoke.
"Let us fight like true knights, no magic, only blades. We shall see who survives."
As he spoke, the two Winglys flanked him, and all he could do was grin, as they charged at him, and thankfully, he was able to block their strikes, as he danced with death now. It was a great risk, but he knew what he was doing.

And after an unknown time of battle, Micheal saw as one of the Winglys slipped up, and quickly, he flew out of the way, as it collided with its own ally, and stabbed their shoulder, with a scream of pain. Micheal spun around, as he raised his blade to the two grouped Winglys, and with one fell swoop, the white steed was summoned forth.
"Albus Equus!"
The horse burst forward, as it hammered through them, disappearing again instantly. For a moment, the two Winglys, hooded and cloaked, hovered motionless, before a single, perfectly straight line, appeared from ones shoulder, and ended at the others left thigh, and so, four large chunks of Wingly flesh fell to the earth far below. Micheal grinned, and suddenly, felt great weakness overcome him. That had been so much more difficult than he had ever hoped, and the chances of him reenacting such a powerful show of strength were slim to none. He hovered in the air, unsure of what to do next. For now, he would simply fight anyone ballsy enough to fight him.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Aaron Kodora
Birth City Deningrad

Boom. Boom. That's what Aaron heard as he flew through the air, picking off Wingly soldiers. What could that have been? he wondered. He looked up and saw large air cannons firing at the mix of humans, Gigantos, and Minitos. He saw a few of them fall, but something else caught his attention. To his right, coming out of the gates of Deningrad, were a small group of Wingies, but they were different from the rest. It didn't look like they had armor on, which was strange, and their robes were pitch black. He was puzzled by their clothing choice, until he saw one of the soldiers attack them. His sword just bent out of the way before it even came near them.

They must be dark magic users. It doesn't look like there's any way to attack them with weapons, or with magic. But there has to be something, but what? Then he noticed the other Dragoons that also had noticed them, and had also failed to even hurt them. When he saw the animals erupt out of no where, he thought at first that he must be dreaming. But no, they were actually having an effect on the black winglies! He thought about how he could do that to help. His dragon popped into his mind. Help me Dragon of Ice, I need to defeat these black winglies. The dragon nodded his approval and sent him an image of a white bear. Of course! A polar bear!

He closed his eyes, thought for a second, dodging arrows and flying Winglies, then gathered enough power for the summon. He opened his eyes and thrust his palms outwards, saying "Glacies Ferre! A large, 8 foot ethereal polar bear appeared below him, and charged through the waves of Winglies, heading toward the elite guards. He flew over to the uddled group of Dragoons and saw that Charlotte looked like she was hurt. He said, "I'm gonna go take care of business, okay? Good luck everyone" Then he flew off to help his bear attack the black guards.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Charlotte Moore
Birth City Deningrad

"Oh don't mind me, I am just having some fun. Now get up otherwise you can say hello to death, Harlot. Diego, you can take care of her when at least you thought of a plan and oh Harlot because flirting is the smartest thing to do right now along with stabbing yourself." Charlotte heard Andrea sneer. Taking offense at the older girl's last words, she whipped her head back abruptly and glared.

"Oh, just shut up, O Blindingly Pink One! here you go again! I'm fine, and sorry to tell you, but I'm not dying today, whether you like it or not." She snarled as she prepared to charge. A few of the soldiers looked at her worriedly. Charlotte waved their looks off, reassuring them that she was OK.

"Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine. It was just a little...bout of fatigue. I can handle this." She assured, still keeping her mind on controlling her wolf, Fenris. She then disappeared into the shadows and flew towards the Winglys slowly but surely, trying not to make a sound with her wings. She noticed the creatures her fellow Dragoons had summoned. Naga had his eagle, Alyssin had a phoenix, Micheal had a magnificent white horse, Diego had his three golems, though she knew that it wasn't his symbolism just yet, Andrea had a leopard, and Aaron had summoned a polar bear.

"Cute...real cute, me and Andrea fight like cat and dog, we got some kin of cat and dog. Classic." She mused to herself as she flew behind the Wingly Black Squad.

"Here it goes...Fenris, let's do this" She whispered quietly, thinking of her shadow ally. She then swung her scythe into the Black Squad group, the darkness imbued in the weapon allowing it to gather more than the technique usually did. Before the Winglies could find out what exactly had pulled them together, their stamina was being drained quickly, even quicker than usual due to the effects of the Hex laid upon them. Fenris leaped beside Charlotte and started poisoning and attacking the gathered Black Squad, weakening them even further. They started moaning, trying to chant their own curses. However, they were getting too weak to continue. Charlotte smirked.

"That, my dear is a taste of your own medicine." She said cruelly as she felt her body strengthen once more. She then imbued her scythe with her Poison Hex.

"I guess I now know Hexes work." She thought to herself as she prepared to round up and slaughter the rest of the Black Squad.