• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dratini! (035)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
ChaosMage said:
OK, since Columbine is over with, shouldn't this episode have aired if they ever intended to?

I don't think 4kids would bother going back and dubbing an episode from 8 years ago. There's no point.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Someone said taht the episode WAS dubbed, but wasn't shown after Columbine. Kinda like the recent Barboach episode in Japan. Besides, it could be the centerpiece of an oldies marathon... (I realise that won't happen in the UK, though) And wasn't a Simpsons episode briefly held back after Columbine?

T

Trendy_boy87

whyn dont they just show the jap version with english subtitles like the one on the net

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Trendy_boy87 said:
whyn dont they just show the jap version with english subtitles like the one on the net

Because 4kids doesn't have Japanese pokemon episodes of the regular episodes with subtitles, so why would they do it for a banned episode?

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
ChaosMage said:
And wasn't a Simpsons episode briefly held back after Columbine?

Not to my knowledge. You're probably thinking of "The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson", which was temporarily withheld from syndication in some areas after the attacks on the World Trade Center (the episode deals with Homer's car being illegally parked on the sidewalk between the Twin Towers).

Chris

Old Coot
Trendy_boy87 said:
Because 4Kids doesn't sub any of their series'. And the reason it hasn't aired at all is because censorship won't allow it to air. There'd be too much to attempt editing to air it.

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
Edward Elric said:
The moment Satoshi went to grab his Safari Balls and fishing net, the warden pulled his gun right in front of Satoshi's face again.[SIZE]

That reminds of family guy when Peter doesn't want to go to joe's to cheer him up and the angel on his shoulder threatens him to go or to be shot in the head. On topic Sharpshooter, where did you get this episode? PM if you want.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I realy wanted to see this ep

Can someone give me the email address for 4Kids head office? cos in english we where writing fake complaints and i want to complain about legend of dratini and the ice cave

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Well, this is it...this was the last of Season 1's banned episodes that I hadn't seen. And it's true what they say - all the banned episodes were classics.

First of all, the Game Warden was a great character. I realize my characterization of him in my script for "A Flockwork Orange" was actually a little off - he's not totally nuts, since he still has a soft spot for his childhood Miniryuu friend. But on top of that, he's dirty - I thought the "Musashi-as-ganguro" scene was hilarious. In fact, that whole interrogation scene was hilarious, from Musashi and Kojiru trying to break the warden's will by playing "Nyasu's Party" to that tickling machine, whatever it was. They don't write 'em like this anymore...

And in the matter of the rest of the episode, at least I can finally see firsthand how Ash got all his Tauros. I'm still wondering what happened to Takeshi's Kentaros, though - I assume he gave it to Satoshi when he realized he'd got a little collection going. Furthermore, this episode features what has to be, hands down, THE funniest performance of the Rocket-Dan motto in the entire eight years of the show. Dodging the bullets was funny enough, but Kojiru's parachute not opening until they hit the ground was the icing on the cake.

It got pretty dramatic towards the end, but it concluded in a sweet way. Seeing this episode was a real benefit for me - not only can I truly put all those Tauros in the proper context (all 30 of them stampeding Ookido-Hakase at the end was golden), but I further comprehend why Jessie was so desperate for a Dratini in "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion".

Now all that's left is "The Cave of Ice"...

xyzman123

He's Mad I tell ya!!
This episode didn't deserve to be banned. Other episodes had guns. If they were used, that's a different story.

megakevinexe

Ultimate Animator
Having the episode banned 'cause of guns doesn't make it such a big deal to me. But still, this episode was great! It was nice to see Dragonair in this episode, though!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dark Venusaur said:
Wasnt that banned because of a gun wow who cares about a stupid gun

Maybe because he fired at Ash and friends? There have been guns in Pokemon before and 4kids left it alone. If the Warden didn't fire at them it wouldn't have been banned.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
CyberCubed said:
Maybe because he fired at Ash and friends? There have been guns in Pokemon before and 4kids left it alone. If the Warden didn't fire at them it wouldn't have been banned.
You know what's funny? They ban an episode with guns firing, but they keep episodes with Rocket-Dan firing bazookas and bombs at Satoshi-tachi. =/

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That's because kids see guns and guns are far more easily obtainable in the real world than a giant bazooka.

It was too realistic, and if that episode was aired you'd have tons of parents complaining and the episode would be removed anyway, as that was during the "fad stage" of Pokemon where it was the most controversal.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Satoshi said:
You know what's funny? They ban an episode with guns firing, but they keep episodes with Rocket-Dan firing bazookas and bombs at Satoshi-tachi. =/

Team Rocket uses "blaster balls" as opposed to bombs.

I can't rate this episode since I didn't see it. Before I ever knew about banned episodes and such, I was extremely confused about Ash's many Tauros, and why I never really got to see the Safari Zone. I felt like I was totally out of the loop.

This ep. sounds really interesting.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
On Answers.com, they said that in The Legend of Dratini (Unaired), Brock captured one Tauros it Pokemon: Legend of Dratini, but he never uses it during the entire TV series.
I was just wondering if that's true or not.