• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dratini! (035)

Heracross

Custom User Title
All the Safari balls belonged to Satoshi. He bought them, and he entered the Safari Zone challenge. Takeshi was simply helping Satoshi catch one of the Kentauros.

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
i love this episode.ash plays the hero.i think its realy kool.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Heracross said:
All the Safari balls belonged to Satoshi. He bought them, and he entered the Safari Zone challenge. Takeshi was simply helping Satoshi catch one of the Kentauros.
Actually I've seen this episode, when Ash, Brock and Misty entered the Safari Zone, each one of them had a serparate box of balls and a rod. So, that was brock's tauros, he just never used it again. ;128;

P. S. a subtitled version of this episode is availible to view at youtube.com

Heracross

Custom User Title
The only time we see Takeshi and Kasumi with their own gear is in the shot of them entering through the main gate. This was simply a mistake, as Kaiza-san only gives them one set and that's the only one that is shown for the rest of the episode.

Larvitar

I can understand why this episode got banned. The guns are EVERYWHERE!

It's a great episode though. It's fun seeing Ash catching those Tauros by mistakes all the time xD Didn't know they were SO easy to catch! :p

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I just watched this episode on you tube, and I did not like it at all! :(
It was horrible! :mad:

Medea

Excalibur
Okay now...

First off, it feels super weird to see this episode. For the most part, I have been dying to see this for over seven years (as many of you have as well). After all of the plotting, speculating, and dreaming about it (twice) I finally see it. But of course another thing that was weird was that I'm used to seeing a bunch of Advanced Generation episodes, it felt weird seeing this very retro episode.

Well onto the episode itself, it was pretty cool. I only say that because I got to see Dratini and Dragonair and they are two of the coolest dragon pokemon. Even though, we only see Dragonair for a tiny bit (in my opinion) it was worth it. And of course, the warden kinda scared me and the scene with him and Jessie just added to my fears...Who would...never mind!

Well, tis all I'm going to say for now...

XD375

Shane
I saw a subbed version a few months ago. I saw a great fandub last night, it was done by 4Fans. Ash sounded perfect to his old Kanto voice. The others were all good except Oak. The narrator is also completely different, but that is an exception. The episode was called Safari, So Good! instead. It was done the way 4Kids wouldv'e done it, as they took some parts out, like some gun scenes, they said the guns were empty, and they completely took out Jessie's flirt scene.

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
I recently saw this and no wonder it was banned. The guy put a gun to Ash's head! Also there was a bomb later on. Still this episode, despite being banned, is one of my favorites.

- The ranger's "do you want to get shot line was a classic"

- TR's tickle machine was hysterical. Originality we don't see anymore

- Dratini lake was just awesome, Ash risking everything to dive into the lake to get the bomb and the final rescue by Dragonair.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
XD375 said:
I saw a subbed version a few months ago. I saw a great fandub last night, it was done by 4Fans. Ash sounded perfect to his old Kanto voice. The others were all good except Oak. The narrator is also completely different, but that is an exception. The episode was called Safari, So Good! instead. It was done the way 4Kids wouldv'e done it, as they took some parts out, like some gun scenes, they said the guns were empty, and they completely took out Jessie's flirt scene.

I saw that too. Maybe Oak had a politoad in his throat.:) As for the narator, I wouldn't have a clue. I also thought the title could have been read better at the start.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Say, could you PM me the link to that fandub? I'd like to see that.

I just watched this episode a couple of days ago, and really, its nothing special. Just you're typical Kanto Episode that the current series could seriously learn from.
X
~Danny~

Y

yodelerty

I just watched the episode with Eng. subtitles and I can see why it was banned:

1. Yes, there are lots of guns pointed and shot at people.
2. At one part, Meowth was wearing clothes and a mustache that made him look like Hitler.
3. At one part, James said that the Warden was "Pissing him off"

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
3. At one part, James said that the Warden was "Pissing him off"
Incorrect. He didn't say he was "pissing him off", he said he was starting to "bother" (yakkai) him. It's just the fansubbers attempting to add more cursing.
2. At one part, Meowth was wearing clothes and a mustache that made him look like Hitler.
Just the mustache, really. >>;; Not the reason why it got banned.

Last edited:

water_pkmn_fan

It's really unfair how this was banned cause it looks really fun and dragonair is one of my favorite pokemon. I guess I can read the synopsis on serebii instead.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
They should have never banned this, besides I like Dragon types, maybe they could have used a water squirter instead. But Ash caught 30 TAUROS. He must have used all his Safari balls.

Dattebayo

Banned
Guns are important to anime. You can also see them in some G-rated Disney movies such as Tarzan.