• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dratini! (035)

Lucille

Ash catching 30 Tauros made me lol

Wow. Team Rocket is really dangerous. I would never want to me wrapped by Arbok. D: But, it was funny seeing Jessie flirt with the old man. Dragonair is so elegant like. Which is why it's my favorite Dragon Pokemon. Misty called Staryu Starmie. (-_-)

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Man, did I laughed when Team Rocket did their motto while being under fire. This episode itself was pretty much vitally important for the continuity in the series. I remember a lot of people that I grew up with were really confused when Ash suddenly had thirty Tauros.
I always assumed that I missed an episode. (I had to do homework when the show was on.)

As it turns out I did miss an episode, but not because of homework. :)

Ditto B1tch

For the sake of Arceus, after 34 episodes using Pokemons as weapons, why did Team Rocket used a gun in this episode? This disturbs me a lot.

It took me years (yes, years) until I find the episode which Ash caught his herd of Tauros.

Last edited:

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
I saw this epsiode a week ago for the first time. I liked it and it explained the tauros. Also had the misty lure part

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash catching 30 Tauros made me lol

I appreciate the irony of the situation; Ash found and caught 30 Tauros easily in the anime while in the games, they're some of the rarest and hardest Pokemon to catch. :p

Anyway, after watching this episode again, I gotta say that it was just as amazing as I remembered it. I especially loved the Team Rocket scenes; James's parachute was interesting and clever even if it didn't work as well as he had hoped lol. I also liked that Jessie tried to flirt with the Safari Zone warden and I noticed that she was dressed in ganguro fashion again. I also noticed that Ash spoke to Staryu telepathically, which I found strange. Anyway, I thought the episode was great. Classic Kanto.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I loved this episode. I saw it for the first time only a few years ago and even though I prefer the dub, it's one of my favourites. Dragon Valley is incredibly beautiful, I love the colour scheme and landscape. The part where the Warden realises that his friend has evolved and had children always brings me to tears, it's so beautiful! That and Dragonair is one of my all time favourite pokemon.

NPT

Just a member
It's a shame that this episode is banned, but I can see why this is banned, Kaiser pointing a gun at Ash is one of the reason, but guns were pointed at Ash in the Squirtle squade episode too.

But scenes like Mewoth putting hitler mustaches, Kaiser firing gun at Team Rocket is a good reason for 4kids to ban this episode.

But still, this violent episode is important because in this episode, Ash caugth 30
Tauros. So the banning of this episode left a plot-hole in the english version of the Kanto saga episodes.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode is one of my favorites and one of the most hilarious episodes imo. I also thought it had some beautiful moments with Dragonair near the end as well.
10/10

Gillachu

Banned
I liked the Safari Zone warden and his guns lol. Ash catching 30 Tauros was lame though but Dragonair saving Ash from drowning was kind of cool.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I wish this episode had aired in English cuz it was great. I liked Meowth's interrogation scene with the old warden guy and I liked how Ash kept accidentally catching Tauros in the Safari zone. :D

JudySpell

Banned
This was a good episode so it's a shame it was banned. The warden was a cool old dude and the Tauros gag parts were enjoyable. 7/10

Darth Nightmaricus

Glitch Trainer
It's a shame that this episode is banned, but I can see why this is banned, Kaiser pointing a gun at Ash is one of the reason, but guns were pointed at Ash in the Squirtle squade episode too.

But scenes like Mewoth putting hitler mustaches, Kaiser firing gun at Team Rocket is a good reason for 4kids to ban this episode.

But still, this violent episode is important because in this episode, Ash caugth 30
Tauros. So the banning of this episode left a plot-hole in the english version of the Kanto saga episodes.

4Kids didn't ban the episode. One of the voice actors said that the Dratini and Porygon episodes DID get dubbed, but didn't get broadcasted for different reasons:

1. The networks wouldn't let them air the Dratini episode because of the violence.
2. Nintendo wouldn't let them air the Porygon episode because of the seizure scenes...despite the fact that the dub edited those scenes to slow the framerate.

4Kids didn't ban the episode. One of the voice actors said that the Dratini and Porygon episodes DID get dubbed, but didn't get broadcasted for different reasons:

1. The networks wouldn't let them air the Dratini episode because of the violence.
2. Nintendo wouldn't let them air the Porygon episode because of the seizure scenes...despite the fact that the dub edited those scenes to slow the framerate.
What is your source for the claim that the Dratini episode got dubbed?