• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Dratini! (035)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Satoshi accidentally capturing thirty Kentauros in the Safari Zone was such a bleak comedic gag since he only needed one. I liked Kaiser, however. His tough guy exterior was fun to witness, like when he took out his pistol and shot at the Rocket-dan, but we also saw his vulnerable side with Miniryuu/Hakuryuu.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Another piece of proof that Team Rocket is invincible: they got shot at and still didn't die lol. I was really touched when the warden found his old Dratini as a Dragonair, I thought that was so sweet.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked the part when Dragonair saved Ash. Kaiser realizing that Dratini has evolved and has a child is also moving. I felt sorry for him when he was tickled by TRio's mecha. I only disliked him pointing a gun at Ash repeatedly.
8/10

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wish this wasn't banned; it was a beautiful episode overall and we got to see an elegant Dragonair. I also liked the nice moment once Kaiser was reunited with it.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I still can't process why this was banned in the States just due to guns, when the Squirtle episode had guns as well and was shown.

I still can't process why this was banned in the States just due to guns, when the Squirtle episode had guns as well and was shown.

This episode was more filled with them. The network told 4Kids to not even try to dub this one per Eric Stuart, because American restrictions on such things are there to prevent it. 4Kids did use it for the Poké Rap though. I don't even think he was prompted to mention the guns issue so that's obvious that he wasn't misremembering - they legit never dubbed this one, and clips of it were shown in the rap song.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I didn't think the warden's guns were a big deal and I bet if 4Kids hadn't been lazy they could've edited all the gun scenes. Sucks how we didn't get to see Dratini in Kanto in the U.S.

The Safari Zone lacked the same sense of urgency from the games and Ash catching 30 Tauros wasn't even funny. The warden's past with Dratini was sad but I liked their reunion.

TeridaxXD001

There's been confirmation from some of the English cast that the Porygon episode was dubbed, but have they ever said anything about this one? Footage from the episode was shown in the PokéRAP, but that just means that 4Kids received the episode, not that they actually started dubbing work on it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
There's been confirmation from some of the English cast that the Porygon episode was dubbed, but have they ever said anything about this one? Footage from the episode was shown in the PokéRAP, but that just means that 4Kids received the episode, not that they actually started dubbing work on it.

This episode wasn't dubbed as far as we know, and for good reason. The fact that 4Kids even used footage from this episode bugged me since it confused me as a kid since I couldn't figure out what had happened to the episode.

gentwoer

I'm surprised 4Kids would have even bothered to dub Denno Senshi Porygon or even received the episode in the first place since to my understanding TV Tokyo for the most part provided 4KIDS with tapes of prior episodes after they had been re-edited post-seizure. If they wanted to treat that episode as an "illusion" why would they even give 4KIDS the tape?

I never got why there was so much confusion from fans about the Brock catching Tauros thing. It was really obvious that since he used Ash's Safari Ball, that it meant that the Tauros belonged to Ash. I liked the Dragonair scene at the end of the episode since it was actually shown in the English dub's Pikachu's Jukebox segment so it was a rare glimpse of this episode even back then.

OriginalScream

Given how close the Safari Zone had come to being overrun by greedy trainers in the past according to Kaiser, I'm surprised that the Safari Zone was still open.

Well, at least now they can get money from those greedy trainers.

As for my own thoughts on this episode, all I can say is I've always been annoyed that Ash didn't catch that Rhyhorn, or any other Pokemon besides Tauros.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well, at least now they can get money from those greedy trainers.

As for my own thoughts on this episode, all I can say is I've always been annoyed that Ash didn't catch that Rhyhorn, or any other Pokemon besides Tauros.
Well i wish he like his special manga counterparts catch 18 nidoking and 1 nidoqueen to match 18 Kentauros.

Leonhart

Imagineer
OriginalScream said:

Considering how little Satoshi did with his thirty Kentauros throughout the series, I would've hated seeing Sihorn receive the same level of neglect if Satoshi had gone ahead and captured it. I don't even comprehend why the writers thought that Satoshi catching thirty of the same Pokemon and having him keep them all at the end of the episode was a good idea.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
This was a really good episode if you ignore the whole gun and explosives scenes that led to it not getting dubbed lol. I thought that Dragonair saving Ash at the end was awesome and TRio seemed really cruel in thi episode, which I liked since it made them seem more menacing than usual.