• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Heroes! Leon's Ultimate Battle! (1116)

Joycap

The Smogonites' personal George Orwell
Time for Pikachu's moves to get a complete makeover.

I'm well aware this was meant as a joke, but Idk if this would surprise me much. Electroweb was only on the SM moveset because Gigavolt Havoc gave the same application to relevant fights as Electro Ball WOULD have (not saying it isn't still asinine given that you still had Electro Ball for first half of the series (and all of XY, now I recall)).

It's expandable now. Other coverage options exist the second he gets to grips with Dmax/Gmax.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I like that Leon changed up his move set for Charizard. I'm hoping he keeps doing this or it is revealed that his Charizard doesn't forget moves, that would make him a real threat, ala Drake's Dragonite which knew something like eleven attacks.
Yeah, using all 10 of them in one battle, just to flex.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
The move limit is stupid, and pokemon should be able to use whatever moves their family can learn

Bring back Thunderchu, you cowards

No, the move limit is not stupid. Maybe 4 moves is sometimes not enough, but too many moves will be a headache.

Anyway, in this episode we had the legend and the statue of the hero with the Sword and the Shield (Zacian and Zamazenta). When the series starts focus more in Galar's region I'm quite sure they will go deeper in this plot.

By the way, which do you think suits best to Ash? The Sword (Zacian) or the Shield (Zamazenta)? Since Ash usually fights offensively, I would say the Sword, but the "Fairy Type" doesn't seem to match for me. On the other hand, while Ash doesn't use many defensive moves, Zamazenta's Fighting Type matchs with his style. (Honestly, the Fighting one should be the one with the Sword, and the Fairy Type should be the one with the Shield). Say, do you think the story will be adapted in the game so Ash will command both, Zacian and Zamazenta?

ShadowForce720

Yeah, but he's not really a fighter. Besides, considering he's after Mew, he would try to use Mew to fight in this crisis, after all.

Doesn’t really matter, the fact that he is a central protagonist as well like Ash is, is reason enough for him to partner with one of the two wolves.

Rune Knight

This guy is so evil. Just look at his sinister smile.

PsRzbW2.png

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Leon just have a big stock of TRs after grinding all of Galar's Max Raids

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
For his Normal, Rock, and Dark options I'm thinking they'll be Mega Punch, Rock Tomb, and Brutal Swing instead of the options you listed but I do agree with the rest of your list.
Hopefully as it’d be better to have something other than Slash on a Charizard for a change.

Though it wouldn’t surprise me if they skipped over the Normal Type Max Move since it’s not super effective on any type.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lots of replies incoming:

I love how in the trailer for the upcoming episodes they tricked us by using the the line tha Ash uses to invite Farfetch'd to join him by mounting it with Sobble's footage.

Classic misdirect-editing. The staff is obviously knowing what they're doing.

Unexpected things: Rose and Ash Farfetch'd...

Ash Farfetch'd is the new Ash-Greninja. You called it first.

Sonia was random tbh

Nah, they have to set her up eventually.. Didn't like her ear-gimmick though.

Now I want to see Heracross, Gliscor and Greninja with Night Slash.

Greninja I can obviously get behind, Cut needs to go. But why Heracross per sé? It's movepool has better options these days I mean it desperately needs a Rock-type move like Rock Blast to deal with its main weakness: Flying.
Heracross: Megahorn (signature), Pin Missile (awesome, just look at Paul's Drapion), Close Combat (Focus Punch isn't in the learnset in Gen8), Rock Blast (necessary coverage) <- Especially if it will Mega Evolve.

Gliscor's moveset is already expansive as is: Fire Fang, X-scissor, Steel Wing, Stone Edge, Giga Impact (and Sand Attack, Screech). It already covers Psychic with X-scissor so the only thing Night Slash would cover would be Ghost-types - which it has other options. It basically desperately needs a STAB-move other then implied type-alignments (Steel Wing implies Flying-type and Stone Edge implies Ground, especially with the current animation). However, Gliscor just doesn't get many Ground-type moves: Earthquake, Earthpower, Bulldoze and Sand Tomb. Of which, I think Sand Tomb would be the coolest in terms of animation (even if ingame it's kinda weak). As for Flying-type, it can replace both Giga Impact with either Sky Attack or Acrobatics as both would fit its gliding style quite well.
Gliscor: Sky Attack/Acrobatics, Sand Tomb (basically how it used Sand Attack, but damaging), Fire Fang, X-scissor.

Besides Lucario isn't pure fighting and i see Sirfetch with Night Slash, Brave Bird, Leaf Blade and his attack, i don't remember the name. And in Kalos, Ash got three flying types.

Night Slash and Leaf Blade are the exact same move, just a different glow on the leek. When rough boi Farfetch'd evolves into gallant Sirfetch'd, I'm sure it will replace the 'Night Slash' with the purer Leaf Blade.

Honestly, Zigzagoon’s the only non-Kanto based Galarian form that fits Ash, & even that’s a stretch

Anyway, do you think Riolu will learn Steel Beam once it evolves into Lucario? It’s not the best in-game move, but it’s a flashy new attack introduced in Gen 8 & it got a lot of hype since there was a contest in Japan for a kid to select the move’s official name

G-Zigzagoon fits Ash? Nah, too much of a stretch.

Steel Beam for Lucario. First I kinda wanted Meteor Mash (and Sirfetch'd with Meteor Assault - so both Fighting-types could have a 'Meteor'-move and Dragonite could get Draco Meteor).

I mean can it be any more like a Kamehameha?
- Lucario: Bone Rush, Double Team, Aura Sphere, Steel Beam
- Sirfetch'd: Meteor Assault, Leaf Blade, Iron defense, Dual Wingbeat <- And yes, no Dark-type moves. G-Farfetch'd -> Sirfetch'd represent a turn to chivalry and I think that will get addressed in the moveset.

Two fighting-types, both are completely different in moves and style.

Shame that couldn't save either from being jobbers near the end.

How's that even fair?
1. After evolving, it managed to gain a Zapdos' respect.
2. Noivern got to be in 0 gym battles.
3. Vs. Alain's Metang: got faced with a difficult type disadvantage (all it's moves were resisted due to Metang being Steel-type). Same how we didn't expect Pikachu to really beat Iris' Excadrill.
4. Vs. Sawyer: Beat his Doublade again, a Steel-type (and a Ghost-type so Boomburst didn't work), but fell to a Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse by Clawitzer.
5. Vs. Sawyer (in the league): It tied with a Salamence. It's not as if that's particularly 'jobbing' in normal form. That would be Oshawott losing to Hydreigon even after Boldore already did damage. Or Unfezant vs. Cameron's Lucario.
6. Vs. Alain (in the League): Ash sent out Noivern first and Alain countered with sending out Weavile. It's not in Ash's character to immediately change plans, but he definitely should've. Ash's fault, not Noivern's.

So yeah, three losses, one win and a tie and an honorable mention (at best). If you're looking at purely stats, yeah, it lost. But in context: it got few opportunities and the ones it did get weren't all that much in its favor, like at all. And Goodra's in that same boat as well, with even fewer opportunities. Tieing with the Fairy-type Slurpuff (limiting it's movepool to Ice Beam and Bide) and getting KO'd by a 1HKO-move vs. Bisharp. Both Dragon's were outside of one or two match-ups always pitted in bad situations.

Ash hasn't had a mon with the same type as another member of his team sense X/Y *Goodra / Noivern* and even then I don't really count it sense that situation seemed to come out of nowhere *ash only had 5 pokemon up into the pokemon league which implies the anime team didn't really think his team through.* So..... Gen 5 *Snivy / Leavanny *

Wait, did you forget that Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern all shared the Flying-type? If Noivern and Goodra don't count (and I agree, they weren't on the same 'travelling'-team at any point), why jump as far back as Snivy and Leavanny? Also, I don't recall any substantial episode with both Snivy and Leavanny on the same team at the moment, so if Noivern/Goodra don't count, then maybe Pignite+Scraggy? Again, if you're not counting the Kalos Flying-types on purpose.

Okay, maybe this has been said before but am I the only one that thinks whenever Galarian Farfetch’d was saying it’s name in the episode that it sounded a lot like it was saying c’mon, c’mon. lol

I agree. You're not the only one. It's awesome.

Given how even Japanese fans were upset over AshvsAlain, and evidently far worse than us westerners on the Sobble controversy.

I might be out of the loop, but how are you so sure that 'evidently' the Japanese fans are more upset about the Sobble "controversy"? First off, I wouldn't call it a controversy at all. People were just not expecting it. But if you look at it objectively, what's so controversial about Ash capturing a Farfetch'd and Go a Sobble? Also, there's a thing called the loud minority. I work in customer relations. It's a business that has more then 100,000 daily customers and people think all is going to hell when 10 people keep whining on social media about their ONE order. That's simply not how the world actually works. Pokémon has literally millions of viewers worldwide. To the couple hundred you might hear that are loudly 'upset', 'shocked' or even 'angry' that their favorite starter goes to Go.. Well get some juice and get in line. Some people felt that when Go got Scorbunny because it was their favorite starter. And what happened? He's using the thing frequently and it evolved. There's no reason to believe that Sobble is going to be his next Parasect, yet the loud minority is sure of it.

Thank Arceus it's got a long neck.
Otherwise...
*crack*

"Why are Charizard's nostrils on its chin?" :O

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How's that even fair?
1. After evolving, it managed to gain a Zapdos' respect.
2. Noivern got to be in 0 gym battles.
3. Vs. Alain's Metang: got faced with a difficult type disadvantage (all it's moves were resisted due to Metang being Steel-type). Same how we didn't expect Pikachu to really beat Iris' Excadrill.
4. Vs. Sawyer: Beat his Doublade again, a Steel-type (and a Ghost-type so Boomburst didn't work), but fell to a Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse by Clawitzer.
5. Vs. Sawyer (in the league): It tied with a Salamence. It's not as if that's particularly 'jobbing' in normal form. That would be Oshawott losing to Hydreigon even after Boldore already did damage. Or Unfezant vs. Cameron's Lucario.
6. Vs. Alain (in the League): Ash sent out Noivern first and Alain countered with sending out Weavile. It's not in Ash's character to immediately change plans, but he definitely should've. Ash's fault, not Noivern's.

So yeah, three losses, one win and a tie and an honorable mention (at best). If you're looking at purely stats, yeah, it lost. But in context: it got few opportunities and the ones it did get weren't all that much in its favor, like at all. And Goodra's in that same boat as well, with even fewer opportunities. Tieing with the Fairy-type Slurpuff (limiting it's movepool to Ice Beam and Bide) and getting KO'd by a 1HKO-move vs. Bisharp. Both Dragon's were outside of one or two match-ups always pitted in bad situations.
Well, yeah, that is called jobbing. Its track record is just horrible and unimpressive because the creators ran into a wall.

I don't count the Zapdos episode because nowadays evolutions are treated as major, if temporary, power boosts.

"Why are Charizard's nostrils on its chin?" :O

That's his nose bent back.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don't count the Zapdos episode because nowadays evolutions are treated as major, if temporary, power boosts.
Plus it kind of felt like they were just reusing the plot form the Moltres episode where Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame. Some elements were different, but the gist was still the same

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Not a huge fan of the farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd species itself, but I do like its attitude and character.
With lucario and farfetch'd being two fighting-maniacs, they'll probably be good sparring partners and make eachother stronger.
If it wasn't for that attitude this would probably be my first personal let-down Ash-catch.

Red and Blue

I think Go may have done better against Galarian Farfetch'd if he just used Raboot from the start. At least it had more experience than most of his other Pokemon

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Wait, did you forget that Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern all shared the Flying-type? If Noivern and Goodra don't count (and I agree, they weren't on the same 'travelling'-team at any point), why jump as far back as Snivy and Leavanny? Also, I don't recall any substantial episode with both Snivy and Leavanny on the same team at the moment, so if Noivern/Goodra don't count, then maybe Pignite+Scraggy? Again, if you're not counting the Kalos Flying-types on purpose.

I actaully totally forgot about the flying thing. Well not really forgot. More like, I didn't even think of it. I didn't even realize Pignite was a fighting type. I guess this isn't as much of a thing as I thought it was.