• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Heroes! Leon's Ultimate Battle! (1116)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Well, every episode, the opening literally describes Ash and Go respectively as a battler and a catcher, so...
Oh, I'm aware that their goals continually get reiterated, I was just pointing out how their goals also reflect in the character (or lack thereof) of the pokemon they catch. Though if Goh gets Sobble then that pattern might break.

Red and Blue

Oh darn, Ash caught Galarian Farfetch'd instead of Go. That might not be good in regards to Ash getting Sobble

D

Deleted member 384931

I am glad there is time between the starters. Unlike other regions.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wasn't expecting Ash to get G-Farfetch'd. It makes sense considering the gimmick but it's one of those things that while logical you'd think they'd just avoid it duo being logical. Honestly, hard to get excited because regional form with regional evo or not, it's yet ANOTHER Kanto pokémon capture. I like Ash isn't limited by the new mons anymore but at least actually COMMIT to it by giving him other stuff.

As for Sobble, I really hope the preview is misleading - it most likely isn't - since I wanted Ash to get Sobble.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh wow, legitimately surprised Ash got Farfetch'd! I do worry for how it'll be treated though given he already has Riolu and will potentially get Kubfu. At least we had one saga without Fighting types, makes it so much easier to accept Ash having three lol

Ash better get Sobble, he's too precious to be lab fodder

Red and Blue

I guess if you omit prior bonding beforehand then yeah that is true.

Cause I know he still fought hawlucha and litten before capturing them...but he did bond with them first.
From what I remember the Hawlucha and Litten battles never had conclusions.

Here Ash had to battle Farfetch'd to the end and defeat it before a capture

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, Ash has a full team (unless his dad mime isn't really part of it) and half of his Journeys team is weak to Psychic-types for now. At least 5 out of 6 aren't weak to Ground-types like his SM team was (so of course Ground-types didn't exist outside of Hapu). But seriously, Galarian Farfetch'd is just a Kanto Pokemon that didn't get to Alola in this narrative. Riolu remains the true outsider.

I don't like Ash catching Sobble since Sobble is too good for the kid, but on the other hand, I don't want Goh to get it either, so Ash is the only one who can properly give it spotlight.

So I guess it's pretty much a given Ash will always have Riolu on and about when it's a plot-important episode. Otherwise, Riolu is mysteriously absent. Poor not-Iris's Dragonite and Gengar. Too big too animate.

Last edited:

Garbodor.

Ash catching Farfetched? A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
For those not happy with Ash having two fighting types, I will say this; even-though Galarian Farfetced is a pure fighting type I see it functioning as Ash's bird for this region. I am sure it will learn something like bravebird etc.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
And regardless, at least Riolu and Farfetch-d have rather different fighting styles (hand-to-hand and projectile-focused vs. weapon-focused) and very different body structures.

Calling Galarian Farfetch'd a Kanto mon seems a bit of a disservice. It's a form that developed in Galar so it's a Galar pokemon.

If they don't want Satoshi to capture Messon, they obviously just want ikuze frog to return sometime in the future. (I'm kidding, but... Maybe.)

Red and Blue

And regardless, at least Riolu and Farfetch-d have rather different fighting styles (hand-to-hand and projectile-focused vs. weapon-focused) and very different body structures.

Calling Galarian Farfetch'd a Kanto mon seems a bit of a disservice. It's a form that developed in Galar so it's a Galar pokemon.
And it will evolve into an actual Gen 8 Pokemon. It's no different then Ash's Gligar