• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Heroes! Leon's Ultimate Battle! (1116)

mystreon

the elder eevee
With how mime is basically a reserve member and how dragonite lives at the lab, i am starting to believe ash will get more than six mons for the first time in a long time, i do hope he gets more than just a bunch of kanto, one sinnoh and a kanto galar edition tho would be nice, theres other regions guys.

Well the battle was terrible, somehow even worse than Gigachu vs Gigazard. Really, the concept of Gigamantix is so incredibly dumb and isn't conducive for quality, well-animated battles.

The Riolu vs Farfetch'd battle, however, while being another terrible battle in terms of animation, had genuine heart with Ash and Riolu really working well with each other. I do hope that Riolu eventually gets a different moveset. Reversal is fine, but not a big fan of any of the other moves. Aura Sphere is of course going to replace one.

While I didn't really have a dog in the debate between who would get Sobble and who would get Farfetch'd nor did I really care all that much, I did expect Go to get the latter while Ash would get the former. Definitely something totally unexpected.

All in all, the episode was okay. Think I'd give it a 5

Last edited:

Red and Blue

The man in the center with his hands behind his back reminds me of Giovanni for some reason

TheNewGuy

I am so stoked Ash got a Farfetch'd. Sirfetch'd is one of the all-time great Pokemon. A great surprise.

I always thought Ash's XY team was his best - a pseudo-legendary, a dragon, possibly the best regional bird, an OP starter, and Hawlucha, who is simply an exceptional Pokemon - but honestly the way this thing is shaping up it will easily surpass that. Excellent, strong Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash can't challenge one of the Galar gym leaders to a match soon enough, I really want to see more of Galar. Wyndon's one of the best designed cities in Galar(Unlike boring ass Melemele island lol) but Galar has plenty of other awesome designed(And also unique >.> ) cities that should be explored and touched on as well.
The Galar episodes have been good so far but the next Galar episode had better be in a different city, don't turn Wyndon into the next Melemele/Vermillion!

With how mime is basically a reserve member and how dragonite lives at the lab, i am starting to believe ash will get more than six mons for the first time in a long time, i do hope he gets more than just a bunch of kanto, one sinnoh and a kanto galar edition tho would be nice, theres other regions guys.

Dragonite's just left cause Ash doesn't have a reason to take everyone with him(Even though he can be challenged at any point... *sigh* :rolleyes: )
Mr. Mime does live there, yes. And Ash is obviously getting more than six it took XY and SM more than a year to get this many Pokemon, and with possible remakes or perhaps even more DLC(?) around the corner they wouldn't lock Ash up this fast.

I like that Riolu got to beat Farfetch'd but I really wanna see Riolu, Dragonite, Gengar, and Farfetch'd get in on the action Pikachu's been hogging. Those random COTDs Ash beats? Let somebody else do it, don't save the others for important people like Korrina and Surge's second

Think they're just placeholders. Not worth trying to deduce who it is through silhouettes that look like that.

They literally are, you can clearly see Raihan, Lance, and the worst champion's rather obvious silhouette's
While everyone else are standard ordinary shadows with no out of the ordinary traits(And most characters have something that would give them away)

Besides Cynthia and Steven are absent, they wouldn't ignore the most popular champions(And the most popular character at that lmao). Still hoping Cynthia takes it home, you think us westerners will be pissed? Given how even Japanese fans were upset over AshvsAlain, and evidently far worse than us westerners on the Sobble controversy lol I doubt they'd let the most boring of the champions defeat Cynthia, they'd never hear the end of it(And for good reason I might add, Cynthia's the only champion that actually deserves to be 'World Champion' right now. Tough team, Garchomp is properly established as a OP Pokemon without needless showboating like a certain Charizard)

D

Deleted member 384931

Being 7th in the Master Class makes Raihan pretty weak

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Being 7th in the Master Class makes Raihan pretty weak
It's mentioned in the games that he rivals Champions, not that he is in the upper echelon of them, kinda like how it's mentioned Volkner and Claire are strong enough to rival the Elite 4 of their respective regions. But at least he is not 8th place, which begs the question, who would be in 8th place? Because you'd expect Raihan to be 8th in the Master Class since all the other Champions are above him, but no he's 7th. Ash would first need to beat the 8th place Master Class Trainer in order to be eligible to be in the Masters 8 and battle Leon, so 8th place has to be a trainer we know that would make the battle significant. I don't think any of the Champions would be weaker than Raihan, so it has to be a non-Champion trainer, who would that be?

D

Deleted member 384931

It's mentioned in the games that he rivals Champions, not that he is in the upper echelon of them, kinda like how it's mentioned Volkner and Claire are strong enough to rival the Elite 4 of their respective regions. But at least he is not 8th place, which begs the question, who would be in 8th place? Because you'd expect Raihan to be 8th in the Master Class since all the other Champions are above him, but no he's 7th. Ash would first need to beat the 8th place Master Class Trainer in order to be eligible to be in the Masters 8 and battle Leon, so 8th place has to be a trainer we know that would make the battle significant. I don't think any of the Champions would be weaker than Raihan, so it has to be a non-Champion trainer, who would that be?
Good question.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
So I guess a big part of what makes Leon unbeatable is how unpredictable he is with movesets. That being said I’d imagine his Charizard will use as many different move types as possible so that he can use all types of Max Moves. I think he’ll use

Flamethrower for G-Max Wildfire
Air Slash - Max Airstream
ThunderPunch - Max Lightning
Dragon Claw - Max Wyrmwind
Dig - Max Quake
Brick Break - Max Knuckle
Slash - Max Strike
SolarBeam - Max Overgrowth
Ancient Power - Max Rockfall
Crunch - Max Darkness
Shadow Claw - Max Phantasm
Steel Wing - Max Steelspike

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So just watched the episode with subs
I really love how this was an Ash focused episode
Due to that yes the Raihan Vs Leon battle was short and not that good but it was enough for me. Lance Vs Leon still remains a great battle for me so the complaint that dynamax battles can't be good doesn't hold. This one wasn't yes. I love how subtly they introduced chairman rose. He does still seem to be the chairman of the galar league as he wasn't referred to the PWC chairman and was said to have raised Leon so that's why he was here. That ash stare was definitely setting up future plot lines. A lot of stuff was set up and I'm glad they kept Rose's role same. The only galar characters I'm afraid won't show up now are Bede Marnie Klara and Avery. I think everyone else is gonna appear.
I loved Sonia in this episode. She was adequate for her role. I love how it seems they are perfectly adapting her arc. Her being an assistant to Magnolia finding info about darkest day, finding that one hero statue and pondering it's meaning, wanting to be a professor. It would be fun to see her continue to solve the mysteries. Wonder how they would do it in the anime.
Also that riolu Vs farfetch'd battle was really wholesome to me because of how good riolu and ash's bond was, and how ash once again showed empathy and wanted his opponents to be at full power. Ash shown training riolu with Mr. Mime and him stating his training helped riolu learn new moves surprising Goh was a nice touch.
Also it's interesting how Raihan says that him and the other Galar gym leaders need to brush up their skills more, seems to hint those arriving soon.