• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Korra

Flappy

<3 Flappy
I don't know why people are complaining about Korra getting everything back and Toph's daughter. I mean you should be happy that she got all her bending back along with the ability to Energy bend. Now I just hope Katarra will teach her Blood bending.

Takeo

I don't know why people are complaining about Korra getting everything back and Toph's daughter. I mean you should be happy that she got all her bending back along with the ability to Energy bend. Now I just hope Katarra will teach her Blood bending.

They simple don't like how it was handled. Its understandable for both view points, the story was rushed to begin with anyhow.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
While it could have been better, that finale was still amazing and full of surprises. I love how Iroh was a one-man air force, the conclusion with Asami and her father, and Amon's backstory. Tarrlok's murder-suicide and the implication of Korra contemplating suicide was shocking. Wasn't expecting any of that. Also fount it hilarious how the shipping drama took a larger portion of the finale then the actual action.

My only issue with it was how Korra met Aang and got the Avatar state after everything was finished. I wish she would have gained it during a longer battle with Amon in front of the public, which would have been a much better conclusion. But it's clear most of the problems was due to them working under the belief of it being a standalone season. I can't wait to see what happens in season two.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How dare you compare something as amazing as 'The legend of Korra' to **** like Twilight, just no.

For a second I honestly thought I was watching Twilight, what with all the romantic stuff between Korra and Mako. I really hate that they fell in love so suddenly, and I feel bad for Asami; she was depressed after she discovered that her dad was working with Amon and the Equalists, but Mako only had time for Korra. It was really twisted in my opinion.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Legend of Korra's season final really showed that this was meant to be a mini series. Korra getting her bending back so quickly in the same episode and getting Mako as a boyfriend was kinda lame. They could have built it up so in season 2 Korra works hard to get her fire, air, and earth bending back. Amon as Tarrlok's brother was surprising. It makes a little sense but how does bloodbending take away bending? Aang did it without bloodbending. I figured Amon would have some sort of Aang/Avatar connection due to how Tenzin said "Only the Avatar can take away bending" but oh well. Speaking of which how did they capture Tenzin's family so quickly?

My fave thing from this final was actually Asami and Bolin teaming up to take down her no-good-traitor father. It was very emotional for Asami that her own father was about to kill her or capture her. The ending was mushy and probably should have been saved for the final episode of Korra. Overall it was alright. Still looking forward to season 2 to see what happens next. Also Naga is the coolest metal bender behind Toph XD

Takeo

For a second I honestly thought I was watching Twilight, what with all the romantic stuff between Korra and Mako. I really hate that they fell in love so suddenly, and I feel bad for Asami; she was depressed after she discovered that her dad was working with Amon and the Equalists, but Mako only had time for Korra. It was really twisted in my opinion.
You kinda got me there. Still don't compare it to ****, when its not.
The whole season was twisted. It wasn't our 'fun loving, adventure seeking, family friendly, you learn a valuable lesson at the end of each episode' kind of a show anymore.

the implication of Korra contemplating suicide was shocking
phew. I'm glad someone else caught that. I thought I might have been over analyzing it.

Edit: Apparently There are comics about The legend of Korra ? anyone want to link me.

Last edited:
This is pretty groundbreaking television. Like the Wire of children's programming.

I'm not a fan of romance in kids tv, i think its too cheesy. So I didn't enjoy that aspect, but the rest was great.

Muder-suicide, thats dark stuff broseph.

And Korra thinking about jumping off the cliff was pretty dark as well.

I liked season 1, and can't wait for season 2

Champion Jared 14

Wow, so The Legend of Korra was only intended to be a mini series? Just one season? I can understand why things were wrapped up so quickly then...a LOT happened, and it was action-packed, sorta rushed though...

I didn't think Amon was Aang's non-bending son Bumi, as confirmed by the second part of the episode...An interesting touch to find out that he was both a water and bloodbender...I thought Amon was just...a highly skilled, Elite chi-blocker...but...I still don't understand how he used bloodbending to take away someone's bending...and was it really permanent removal, because he took Korra's bending, but she was able to bend shortly after that...

Perhaps Amon used blood bending to block the chakra that would normally allow people to bend, blocking that spiritual connection to it...And then they'd have to be healed to restored that spiritual connection...Like stated before, Amon doing that could've possibly been what removed the block that once prevented Korra from Air Bending.

So Korra Air Bends, exposes Amon as a bender, and then he escapes with Tarrlok in a murder-death suicide...that's pretty intense...The spiritual block that once prevented Korra from connecting with Aang and her other past lives was also removed, she gets her bending restored, and gains the ability to energy bend and restore other people's bending (ex Chief Bei-Fong) And then she finally goes into the Avatar state for the 1st time.

That's a lot to take place in only episode...Now I'm thinking, what can they do? Where can they go from here? What new enemy or possible threat can they think of? And what's gonna happen to Asami now that Korra and Mako are officially together?

Vernikova

Champion
Holy **** was the second episode in that finale bad or what. The most off-putting thing was Mako's and Korra's romance at the end but I'm not going to get into that. The whole episode was pretty disappointing compared to most of the actual series. The first half was certainly better than the second.

HoennMaster

Obviously there were things that could have been done differently, but overall I did like the finale. I just don't like how they handled the last three episode. I feel like if episodes 10 and 11 were switched the story would have flowed better but I guess there's no way of knowing. I don't see why anyone is shocked Korra got her bending back. We already knew there was another season, so they weren't going to have an Avatar than can only bend 1 element.

I just don't like how Amon got away and was supposedly killed. It wasn't bad, it just feels like it should have been handled a little differently IMO.

ChedWick

Anyone else think General Iroh II was a pretty stupid General? Just rolling up into the bay knowing full well that Amon was expecting him.

After watching it again I find myself more disappointed. While I don't share everyone else's disdain for Mako, I thought the whole final romance was eh. I really liked the whole story behind Amon and Tarrlock but disliked it in conjunction with everything that has come to pass in this first season. Tarrlock was played up to be just like his father but more manipulative. Then all of a sudden hes just some kind natured water bender with a crazy father who went wayward in an effort to stop Amon, who's identity at the time was still unknown. It just doesn't fit incredibly well together imho. I did finally find myself laughing at Meelo's humor, "Prison break!"

I understand it was only initially intended to be a one season mini-series but how long was that suppose to be the case? We've already known for quite some time now that there are going to be more seasons. There was plenty of time to go back to the drawing board for the end of the finale.

I'm hoping because it is official that there are going to be more chapters, they take their time.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I'm wondering if Naotu-Amon knew Tarlock was about to kill them both, that last minute Tear he sheds right before it happens makes me think he knew what was about to happen, but decided it ample punishment for his sins... (he could probably sense everything going on behind him since he could sense his opponent's attacks before they happened by reading their blood).

It's also nice we got a Water Bender Big Bad Villain, the blood bending also explains why everyone who fights him says they get that eerie feeling whilst doing so, he's 'feeling' the blood/water in them to predict and slightly change the aim of their attacks.

Also like how we got to see Bumi for like, 2 seconds, and never see or hear of him again.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Holy **** was the second episode in that finale bad or what. The most off-putting thing was Mako's and Korra's romance at the end but I'm not going to get into that. The whole episode was pretty disappointing compared to most of the actual series. The first half was certainly better than the second.

I'm glad someone else agrees. The second half of the finale just wasn't all-that great. I have to admit that my expectations were high; I thought we were going to get an ATLA-esque season finale, but what we got seemed too generic to be honest. I really hope that season two is better (please let the next villain be from the Earth Kingdom).

And I really liked Bumi, even if he only appeared for like five seconds. :p

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Edit: Apparently There are comics about The legend of Korra ? anyone want to link me.
There's a comic?

Anyone else think General Iroh II was a pretty stupid General? Just rolling up into the bay knowing full well that Amon was expecting him.
He came prepared for the mechas, they had no idea that Amon would have underwater mines and airplanes instead.

I understand it was only initially intended to be a one season mini-series but how long was that suppose to be the case? We've already known for quite some time now that there are going to be more seasons. There was plenty of time to go back to the drawing board for the end of the finale.
The episodes had already been made when they were granted additional seasons. Would have been costly to attempt to remake the episodes.

I'm wondering if Naotu-Amon knew Tarlock was about to kill them both, that last minute Tear he sheds right before it happens makes me think he knew what was about to happen, but decided it ample punishment for his sins... (he could probably sense everything going on behind him since he could sense his opponent's attacks before they happened by reading their blood).
Either that or he sense what Tarrlok was doing and gave up after losing the last person he trusted, which makes it even more touching.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I think the series would have been so much better if the writers didn't force in that terrible romance subplot. The only good thing that came out of it was that Asami existed, who is arguably one of the best characters in the entire show.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Man, if only the episode ended 2 minutes shorter, then it would have been great.

But the show had to have the same asspull happen for the Last Airbender finale.

ChedWick

He came prepared for the mechas, they had no idea that Amon would have underwater mines and airplanes instead.

And? Attack blimps were also known of. Considering there was a 'fog of war' riding into battle without doing some kind of recon of the area was a pretty dumb move. They could have still made the attack fail but with a little more glory worthy of a Joint forces Navy lead by the great Nephew of the greatest fire bender/tactician to date.

The episodes had already been made when they were granted additional seasons. Would have been costly to attempt to remake the episodes.

To redo the whole reason yea but they really didn't need to. Cutting out the last 2 minutes isn't very hard. Doing that would have meant Korra didn't get her bending back, didn't unlock the avatar state and didn't open the spiritual connection but would also open up the next two season up to Korra needing to figure out how to connect with the spirit world and gain wisdom from the past avatars on how to get her bending back.

Sooo book two: Spirit and book three: ??? and ultimately putting a stop to Amon, who they still could have made a serious villainous threat. Though that would probably have meant the murder-suicide scene would need to be nixed. I really enjoyed that plot twist(the only unpredictable one.)

But they did none of that so I'm really hoping they have some kick *** story up their sleeves. I was very impressed with the series up until today.

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
At first the romance subplot was fun for me, and then it turned out to be too rushed and complicated at the end. Asami, surprisingly, is my favorite character.

The season finale episode was pretty epic in my opinion. Lots of things happened that I did not see coming. Such as Amon actually being Tarrlocks brother. Then Tarrlock commiting suicide while killing his brother at the same time. Just so many feelings came to me while watching this. I'm wondering who the next villain could possibly be with Amon taken out of the picture and what his/her objective be? So many questions left unanwsered!