• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Korra

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yakon's wife looked like Katara, maybe a younger whatever Aang and Katara's daughter?

It's not Kya, we've seen a picture of her and they look nothing alike. Even if they looked alike they would have said it was her, because you wouldn't skip a detail like that.

Taichi

Well whether you like the final or not, you gotta admit, the music has been beautiful throughout the entire series so far.

Before I go on to read any comments I just gotta say I really didn't like the finale. I didn't like how they spent 10 minutes making a big deal that Korra lost her bending only for them to cop out and give it back to her. I didn't like the Makorra stuff. I didn't like the lack of screen time with Lin and Tenzin as they're my favourite characters (how did Tenzin even get captured? Korra was thinking that herself but that never got explained). I didn't like how they made Amon a blood bender, it just took away the awesomeness of his villain and just made him a standard avatar villain. I didn't like how the Tarlok and Amon story came out of nowhere, it didn't even get built up or anything. And I didn't like how quickly Amon got defeated.

Also, why did Tarlok kill Amon anyway? Amon agreed to stop harassing people?

IDK I just felt Amon was mishandled and I didn't like that he was revealed to be a bender

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
And? Attack blimps were also known of. Considering there was a 'fog of war' riding into battle without doing some kind of recon of the area was a pretty dumb move. They could have still made the attack fail but with a little more glory worthy of a Joint forces Navy lead by the great Nephew of the greatest fire bender/tactician to date.
How could they do any recon before they even arrived? Blimbs are considerably different (slower and larger targets) then airplanes (faster and agile targets) and underwater mines.

To redo the whole reason yea but they really didn't need to. Cutting out the last 2 minutes isn't very hard. Doing that would have meant Korra didn't get her bending back, didn't unlock the avatar state and didn't open the spiritual connection but would also open up the next two season up to Korra needing to figure out how to connect with the spirit world and gain wisdom from the past avatars on how to get her bending back.

Sooo book two: Spirit and book three: ??? and ultimately putting a stop to Amon, who they still could have made a serious villainous threat. Though that would probably have meant the murder-suicide scene would need to be nixed. I really enjoyed that plot twist(the only unpredictable one.)

But they did none of that so I'm really hoping they have some kick *** story up their sleeves. I was very impressed with the series up until today.
It would have taken more then that and requires the presumption that they didn't change the ending because they already have plans for the next season. Given the amount of time it takes to create a single episodes, odds are they already in post-production.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I quite enjoyed the final even though it is far from perfect and I do have my far share of nitpicks. Amon being Tarrlok's brother gave more meaning to Korra's visions but it took away the weight of the whole Equalists thing. I didn't like how Asami really didn't get a happy ending but Mako got what he wanted. I didn't like how Korra lost her powers only to get back so quickly. I didn't like how Amon treated his Lieutenant and how they brought him to just another mere villian. However, everything else I like and the backstory made you feel for both Tarrlok and Noatok/Amon.

Taichi

Season 2:

And so Republic City was saved!
Tenzin enjoyed his life with his kids and newborn son.
Lin gets to be awesome again.
Mako and Korra are awkwardly happy together.
Bolin was fed very well, General Iroh had some nice tea with his fellow colleague Bumi and Asami didn't betray anybody.

3pg1pg.jpg

Don't take that seriously guys. lol

PokeMaster366

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but wherever you see fails in the story, I see opportunity. For example, even though Noatok lied to get everyone onto his side, the issues pertaining to non-bender opression are still truth, so what would happen if the Equalists got a new leader that was a bit less...corrupt, shall we say. I'm probably going to get shot quite a few times for saying this, but I can see Asami taking up the Equalist reins somewhere down the line in the 2nd season (maybe near the end of it or something). The girl lost her mother to a Firebender, her father to blinding hatred, and more recently, her boyfriend to the Avatar, so that can be enough fuel to start the fire. Asami has shown a lot of restraint in putting up with Mako's inability to discern his own emotions and was even aware of the issue, so it would be brutally difficult for her to be emotionally compromised, so it won't be like she's aiming to wipe out the whole bending population. The girl also has a good head on her shoulders, so she could gain even more followers by bringing up the idea of the Avatar being potentially corrupt (just imagine what could happen if just 1 Avatar with access to the game-breaking Avatar State became corrupted). Even some of the spirits would acknowledge what she is saying, particularly Wan Shi Tong, who likely still holds malice towards the Avatar for breaking a vow to NOT use the Spirit Library's information to cause more war and bloodshed. It's not like Korra could just use the Avatar State to solve anything either because it would just prove Asami's point about a potentially corrupt business.

I'll end the post here for now with just one question after The Last Airbender, but before The Legend of Korra: What sort of light show would happen if someone had a failed attempt at Energybending?

Last edited:

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
I can see how people say the ending was anti-climatic, but it really wasn't.

1. "Can't believe that Korra learned to airbend of the fly, avatar state, etc."

I don't agree with people saying this because was have already been shown that korra is a natural bender. (Episode one where she could bend all the elements pursposefully without training. Yeah, easily predictable.) Things would come easier to her than to Ang.

2. The murder-suicide.

I was literally like, "Did Nick really just do that." That really shocked me. It was good, but it shocked the hell out of me.

3. Hated the lovey-dovey stuff.

Overplayed, poor Asami.

4. Lin

Hell yeah, she is a bad *** again.

5. Tenzin

Airbenders are worthless anyways. That is why they were captured.

ChedWick

How could they do any recon before they even arrived? Blimbs are considerably different (slower and larger targets) then airplanes (faster and agile targets) and underwater mines.

How they could have done recon is unknown to me right now but considering the whole industrialized theme of this series and the advancements in mechanics from the last series, it is far from out of the realm of possibilities that Iroh could have had some surveillance tech at his disposal. But regardless of the difference between what they thought the equalists had versus what they really had, going full steam into a battle-zone with no visibility is not something I think a General would order. I think the whole situation was, and I liked the phrase someone else just used, "mishandled" to a degree. But hey, maybe it was their intent to make General Iroh seem young overly eager. If they touched more on that in the next season I would be perfectly fine with that poor onslaught. After all, it seemed like he was a lot younger in the finale than the end of the previous episode lead us to believe.

It would have taken more then that and requires the presumption that they didn't change the ending because they already have plans for the next season. Given the amount of time it takes to create a single episodes, odds are they already in post-production.

I'm just going to leave this one at a solid, No.

jshperz

Wow, my prediction of Tarrlok being Amon's brother was true all along! I thought it was impossible, but I saw a hint when Korra and Tarrlok was facing off. When Korra said something about being "as awful as Amon" to Tarrlok and Tarrlok was looking at his reflection, I thought there was some foreshadowing there. That was a really good twist. And as everyone else has said, the murder suicide scene was very powerful.

I didn't really like the romance part but it was bearable. The ending might not be as powerful as The Legend of Aang's, but it was good. Definitely looking forward to season 2!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Before I go on to read any comments I just gotta say I really didn't like the finale. I didn't like how they spent 10 minutes making a big deal that Korra lost her bending only for them to cop out and give it back to her. I didn't like the Makorra stuff. I didn't like the lack of screen time with Lin and Tenzin as they're my favourite characters (how did Tenzin even get captured? Korra was thinking that herself but that never got explained). I didn't like how they made Amon a blood bender, it just took away the awesomeness of his villain and just made him a standard avatar villain. I didn't like how the Tarlok and Amon story came out of nowhere, it didn't even get built up or anything. And I didn't like how quickly Amon got defeated.

Also, why did Tarlok kill Amon anyway? Amon agreed to stop harassing people?

IDK I just felt Amon was mishandled and I didn't like that he was revealed to be a bender

I gotta say that I pretty much agreed with Endoplasmic Reticulum here.

The Legend of Korra is poorly written due to the fact that it was rushed.

-What the point of taking away Korra's bending if they just going to give it back 10 mintue later?
- I hate how Korra didn't beat Amon.
- I hate Korra just suddenly magically was able to Air bead, an element that she was having trouble to master. It's just a lame Deus ex machina.
- Korra going into the Avatar State.

But the worse thing is how they made Amon Tarlok's older brother without any build up what so ever.

Book 2 have to better other wise The Legend of Korra will never be good as The Legend of Aang.

I should have been watching that instead of this crap.

Which remind me that I really need to pick up the DVD.

1. "Can't believe that Korra learned to airbend of the fly, avatar state, etc."

I don't agree with people saying this because was have already been shown that korra is a natural bender. (Episode one where she could bend all the elements pursposefully without training. Yeah, easily predictable.) Things would come easier to her than to Ang.

Yes but you forget that Korra was having trouble in not only mastering the Air element but also connecting her spiritual side.

We didn't see her do any air bending training aside from one episode.

She shouldn't have been able to master it straight away and it just comes off as a Deus ex machina.

Airbenders are worthless anyways. That is why they were captured.

No they aren't

You also seem to forget that Aang was an air bender and took down the fire lord.

It just poor writing how Tenzin and his family got captured despite we saw them get away.

Not to mention it makes Lin sacrifice pointless.

KickAsh

halted development
You also seem to forget that Aang was an air bender and took down the fire lord.
He was also the avatar.
I think the post was in reference to airbenders who can only airbend.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I felt the ending was kind of rushed, but I guess it's understandable.

The way I see, the writers planned a 26-episodes season but since it seems the networks are changing the numbers for seasons (it seems the new trend is 13 episodes per season) they had to change the schedule.

Anyway, those two episodes were pretty good, specially animation-wise.

Vernikova

Champion
I think the series would have been so much better if the writers didn't force in that terrible romance subplot. The only good thing that came out of it was that Asami existed, who is arguably one of the best characters in the entire show.

I agree. Asami didn't even have to do much to be one of the better characters on the show. The whole romance subplot propelled her to it on its own. As well as the fact that she isn't useless in battle and didn't betray the group.

In my opinion, the best characters were Tenzin, Lin, and Asami in that order.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In my opinion, the best characters were Tenzin, Lin, and Asami in that order.

I agree about Asami. Even though she was hurt by her father's betrayal, she managed to stay sane. I'm not sure how I feel about Tenzin and Lin though. Tenzin was one of my favorite characters at the start, but he got beaten up way too many times for my liking. Lin's in the same boat, although I think she's one of the strongest benders in the story.