• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Korra

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
So amazing! would never have expected Amon to be who he was! And the death! I was suprized that happened too!

Aang at the end helping Korra at her lowest was amazing too!

I can't imagine what season 2 is to be about!

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
The season finale was great! I knew Among was somehow related to Tarrlok and Yakone... I'm glad Korra discovered her spiritual side, learned to airbend, and was able to have her other bending restored.

Also, I was glad she restored Lin's earthbending! Bring on season 2!!! :D

PokeMaster366

The ending was just so...mushy. Too mushy for my taste. They just decided to give her everything by the end of the season. They could have at least dragged it out to where she gets it back over time during the second season instead of just giving it all to her at the end of the season. She gets the guy; she gets all of her bending back; she gets access to the Avatar State AND Energybending. They just gave it all at once. I have disappointment. :(

charizardfan

Edit [Finale]: Um... I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed in the overall finale. Without saying too much incase of spoilers because it just ended 3 minutes ago for me, I kinda wish it woulda ended right as Korra was standing over the sea crying. Because it didn't, it kinda closes that whole book as a 'book' and not just a chapter.
The ending was just so...mushy. Too mushy for my taste. They just decided to give her everything by the end of the season. They could have at least dragged it out to where she gets it back over time during the second season instead of just giving it all to her at the end of the season. She gets the guy; she gets all of her bending back; she gets access to the Avatar State AND Energybending. They just gave it all at once. I have disappointment. :(
Keep in mind that this was originally intended as a stand-alone miniseries, not the first season in a series. So everything was written ahead of time to be wrapped up by the final episode.

And wow, did I just see blatant murder-suicide in a Saturday morning children's cartoon? Wow Nick, for a network that used to not even want the word "dead" uttered in their shows, that was pretty ballsy.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Wow. That was god awful. In every sense of the word, it truly was.

Completely rushed, characters becoming even more unlikeable than they already are, bullcrap explanations for things that are supposed to be important plot points. It's like a bad writers wet dream.

- Seriously, Amon and Tarrlok were brothers the whole time? That's not even a good twist. Not to mention it was given to us with a huge exposition dump with no set up for it whatsoever. It was just "Oh hey, Amon is really my brother and he is a Bloodbender like me"

- Still no credible explanation as to why Amon and Tarrlok can Bloodbend with no full moon. All we got was "They're special, that's why". It basically Amon having the equivalent of psychic powers will a bullcrap explanation behind it. Nor are we told how Bloodbending can take away bending. In the original series, it had no spiritual connection and was just a Waterbender being able bend the water that is found in blood.

- Korra still being able Airbend despite Amon taking away her bending. This was when I just said, "You know what. . . .f*ck it". Simply because Korra couldn't Airbend at the time of her bending being taken away, it meant she could be able to still be able to use it at anytime afterwards. Not to mention the convenient timing of suddenly being able to do so on a dime out of nowhere, when she previously couldn't even produce a fart of air, let alone to cyclones she blasted at Amon.

- KORRA GETTING HER BENDING BACK IN THE FREAKING END ANYWAYS! Why take it away in the first place if you were going to give it back to her not but minutes later?! What sort of tension is that?! It seems like an inconvenience rather than a legitimate threat that "Hey, I might have just lost my bending forever" It was clearly just another fangasm moment to showcase Aang and quite honestly was just lazy writing.

-As far as I am concerned, Mako can go die in a fire. Like seriously. I want to punch both him and Korra in the face. Asami is a trooper for putting up with these two douchenozzles for so long.

- Korra suddenly gaining the Avatar State was rushed as hell and another product of bad writing. Another fangasm bone thrown to the fans wanting to get them to squee at the prospect of Korra going full Avatar. Korra basically had NO connection to the spiritual side of being the Avatar, but simply because she mopes around about losing her bending, it means she has access to it now? Bullcrap!

- Now that I think about it, Korra's plan deserved to fail and I'm glad she had lost her bending for the short period it was gone. "Let's throw caution to the wind simply because I'm tired of Amon making me piss my pants cause I'm so scared of him". In fact, I was cheering for Amon the whole time and I was actively cheering fort Korra to lose. She simply deserved to fail if that's what her thinking was. Although some of my cheering may be attributed to GanXingba's recent Amon videos. Seriously, no one appreciates the guy's jokes.

All in all, I hated much of this episode and at the end I just said "Wow. I really don't like this show now". If this is what everything was leading up to, then I am seriously not a happy camper. It's like entering a costume contest and the winner gets a tetanus shot. All that build up only to deliver something so hastily put together and badly written. I understand that it will never be like the original series, but it managed to completely destroy any hope of me giving it the benefit of the doubt and saying "Maybe it doesn't have to be" because it clearly isn't, and clearly won't ever be.

Last edited:

cookies kill you

Like a boss
I lol at the people who think Bumis Amon!!! but it was pretty cool however I there were some stupid scenes in it Korra I know lets tell the crowd that hes actually a bender!!! I dont know about you but to me I do not think that would be a good strategy on taking down Amon from his people and then oooh Amon YOU BLEW IIIIIIIIIT!!!!!! way to water bend right in front of everyone lol I dont really understand at what point Tarlocke turns evil since during the whole flashback he wasnt evil ever and oooooh my god I am sooo scared about Asami D:

KickAsh

halted development
Exactly this, if they had her getting her bending back in installments, like 2 or 3 episodes to get one element back, then I like the series would have benefited greatly. The series also would have benefited if she didn't get Mako right away, leaving some romantic tension for Season 2. Same with the Avatar State--Aang had to gain it through the help of a teacher and even then couldn't master it right away. Would have been nice to see Korra struggle with it, too. As for Energybending, since Aang sort of learned it right away from the lion turtle, it makes sense that Korra could learn it right away. Still disappointing she got everything at once.
Anyway, should definitely have ended with Korra overlooking the ocean and crying. Would have left room for Season 2 to expand on what happens, but as of right now I don't really see what direction Season 2 can go in.

OMG, I have been loving this episode for 32 minutes now!!!

- Wow, finding out that Amon was Noahtok and Tarrlok's brother was simply incredible, leaving me gasping for air

- Having Korra and Mako crashing the Equalist rally and having Amon expose.

- The fight that ensued with Amon

- Exposing Amon's bending, and having him take away Korra's bending

- Amon's reuiniting with Tarrlok

- Tarrlok's Murder of Amon

- Korra mastering airbending.

- Having her being healed and healing Republic City

- BAKORRA IS REAL <3333333333

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Exactly this, if they had her getting her bending back in installments, like 2 or 3 episodes to get one element back, then I like the series would have benefited greatly.

Then everyone would say it's too rushed. People will find a way to complain.

KickAsh

halted development
^True, but 2-3 episodes to regain an element is so much better than Korra getting all her bending back in like 10 seconds.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'm surprised Nickelodeon allowed
Tarrlok's murder-suicide and Korra contemplating suicide (hence what Aang said about "When we hit our lowest point)
on a show on their network.

Shadow XD001

This was a good finale for the Legend of Korra Season 1. I really didn't expect Korra to get her bending back after 15 seconds of losing it. I figured Book 2 would mainly be about her trying to get her bending back while also trying to get in touch with Aang spiritually and then also introduce a new villain. At first, I was surprised that Amon (or Noatak?) was related to Tarrlok, but it makes sense. In Episode 9, when Tarrlok fought with Amon (I'll just stick with that), Amon was able to resist the bloodbending because he's a better bloodbender than Tarrlok and that they are related. Makes sense. Also, Amon's fake scar was pretty creepy. ^_^; Can safely say I wasn't expecting that.

Hopefully in Book 2, Korra will ask Aang if he knows how Amon could take away people's bending, or does it have something to do with bloodbending? Also, how does he go from Noatak to Amon?

One last thing. I like how the writers made bloodbending into this whole big thing in Legend of Korra when in the original series it was just a very minor thing.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Still got thirty minutes til it airs for me... I hate you all.

But seriously, from what I'm hearing, the twist with Amon is a real surprise. Not to mention the deaths in a children's cartoon thing going on. Sounds great.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm not sure how I feel about the season finale. I really liked the first part since we learned Amon's true identity and all. I liked Iroh's character, mostly because I missed seeing competent Firebenders. The second part of the episode was lacking though. I didn't think Asami and Bolin got as much screen-time as they should have gotten, but Amon's fight with Korra and Mako was interesting. I was surprised that Korra's bending was taken away, and even more surprised that she learned how to Airbend on the fly. Amon's Waterbending abilities were awesome, but I didn't like that he just ran away. That scene where he and Tarrlok were on the boat made me want to cry though. Anyway, the ending of the season finale was probably the worst part in my opinion. Korra suddenly getting back her bending was so ridiculous; there was just too much DEM involved. I'm glad that she's a full-fledged Avatar now, but I thought the whole process was kind of lame.

Takeo

I'm surprised Nickelodeon allowed
Tarrlok's murder-suicide and Korra contemplating suicide (hence what Aang said about "When we hit our lowest point)
on a show on their network.

I agree, at least when Jet dies it was done tastefully...?

Okay season 1 ended, on to season 2!!!!!

The part that really got me was seeing Tenzin and the kids tied up **** man that was unexpected

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Save at the last minute! I am ok with this ending. Sure people might say that they wanted it to stop on a cliff hanger with Korra only having one element but theres no telling how long it could be until the next season airs. (and the makers of the show probably had no guarantee that there would even be another season)

Since Korra started out being a bit over powered I did sort of want to see her only work with Air bending for a while but I guess it is better to make sure that the Book stays self contained instead. And anyways she learned the lesson that she needed to. (the show is already pretty dark for something on Nick, no need to leave the heroes helpless and depressed at the start of the next book)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The ending was a very good one, filled with so much suspense.

I disagree. If anything, the ending was anti-climactic. This season finale kind of reminded me of the ending of Breaking Dawn; nothing was lost, but a lot was gained. Not that I thought the season finale was terrible; I just thought it could've been a lot more interesting. I expected more from the people who created Avatar the Last Airbender.

But yeah, I'm interested in learning more about Season 2.

Takeo

I disagree. If anything, the ending was anti-climactic. This season finale kind of reminded me of the ending of Breaking Dawn; nothing was lost, but a lot was gained. Not that I thought the season finale was terrible; I just thought it could've been a lot more interesting. I expected more from the people who created Avatar the Last Airbender.

How dare you compare something as amazing as 'The legend of Korra' to **** like Twilight, just no.
The only problem I had with the series was it was to predictable, we got speculations left and right, and for the most part turned out to be true.
Except for the whole Asami betraying everyone, people got that wrong.
I had a feeling when Korra lost her bending, she would be able to channel her Air bending, just made sense, how can you lose something you didnt have?.
I do hope in Season 2 they go traveling, its something I enjoy in anime/cartoons/manga/books/movies etc.

MonkeyX

That scene on the boat... surprised they got that passed Nickelodeon, that was dark stuff it was amazing.

Honestly the only thing I can really complain about is the whole thing with Mako and Korra was handled terribly, but I guess that's what happens when you have a ton of story and only 12 episodes to tell it in.