• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of the Isles of Doom: Stranded *Begins*

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
OK, I’m finnaly starting the RPG. LSU’s will be accepted, so if you want to join, post there. However, do not post here until I approve the character and give conformation, as for I have a different starting scenario for the LSUs.

You are stranded on this island. You have no way back, no source of food, no fresh water, and no shelter. But, luckily for you, there seems to be a good amount to work with here. Large pieces of driftwood lay scattered across the beach. There are many coconut trees on the beach, most with fresh orbs of fruit dangling at their peaks. The leaves are also large and could be used for roofs. Vines hang loosely off the cliff wall at the back of the alcove. The roar of a waterfall is in the distance, indicating a possible source of fresh water. The boat, as of now, will probably be of little use to you, but the small life boat might. You are also lucky that the life boat is carrying a first aid kit, as for you never know when an injury could arise. You could also utilize the simple life jackets in some way. If you can find a way to fish*, you might just be able to get something. Diving Pokémon also might be of some use, as for small and edible shellfish* lie at the bottom of the sea.

*Note: Please don’t eat Pokémon. There are bound to be other more animal like fish or shellfish that you could eat.

Doom Isle Weather Report
Rodela
Partly Cloudy. 67 Degrees F.
Chance of rain, 70%.

A quick reminder of the important rules

Sign-up thread said:
Other: All Pokémon may use ANY attack they can learn, regardless of how they learn it. You may only fly on larger birds, including Dodrio, but not Doduo. I have let some Pokémon that can normally not Surf do so, Miltank, Shiftry, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and a few others. All Pokémon with wings can use Fly, but might not be able to carry you. Golbat may not be flown on. Teleporting can carry you to a spot, but the Pokémon must have seen it before. A good resource for finding out how moves would react in a realistic fashion is here: http://pasbl.upnetwork.net/ . The Attack Descriptions may help you a bit. To find all the Pokémon’s moves, use the SPP Dex. It is the most complete. NO CAPTURES!

I'd also appruciate if in the begining of each post, you would state the island you are on like this:

Karson
The Magnetic Strip

Right now, we are all on Rodela, so that is not an issue, but once we start getting to the other islands, it will help. So, I just want to get everyone into the habit of doing so.

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
Alexander
Rodela

Alexander Grassthunder yawned, strecthed and opened his eyes. It seemed like that he had ended up on some island during that bothersome storm. Just his luck, he sighed. He rose up from where he had been lying in the sand and took a look on the surroundings. He was on a sandy beach, the sand was still wet, near a jungle, with trees growing everywhere. A lone, big cliff was nearby. Alexander sighed. Not exactly a comfy place. Then, he took a look to his left, locating the remnants of the cruise ship. It was massive. He whistled a low tune and sat down in the shade of a tree to see what happened next.

Last edited:

Kyuubii

Gigas
Maverick
Rodela

Maverick awoke in a daze. Where am I?he thought to himself. This isn't Ever Grande City. Alright, let me retrace my steps, I was invited to a cruise through Sidney, I was anihillating someone in a battle, and then... "The Storm!" he exclaimed. Realizing he just screamed that out loud, he quickly started looking around to see if anyone heard, but all he saw was wreckage everywhere. Then he noticed it, there were bodies sprawled out over the expanse of the beach. He counted about ten or eleven in all, and went towards the nearest one to check the pulse. Relieved, he whispered "Still breathing, good." He checked his belt to make sure his Pokemon were still there, and once all of the three Pokeballs he had brought were accounted for, he said "Guess I should find some supplies, smells like rain."

Furizaa

Gary
Rodela

Gary sighed as he stood up on a cliff, overlooking the beach where the various bodies layed. He glenced to his right to see Typhu, his Typhlosion, standing next to him, and then to his left, Scurvy, his Aipom, sitting on his shoulder. Scurvy grinned and tilted his head as Gary looked at him, and Gary smiled back. "It looks like they're starting to wake up now..." he mumbled, watching two others get up and check around. Gary had gotten up about an hour before them, and decided to immediately start exploring. He took one last glance down at them, before turning to Scurvy and nodding. Scurvy lept up onto a tree right next to them, and kept watching down at the other people as Gary and Typhu turned around, walking deeper into the forest behind them to find some food, like fruits and maybe a possible boar to eat.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Karson
Rodela

OCC: I never said anything about fainting, but whatever.
Karson observed his surroundings. He looked towards the sky, which was laced with some gray tinted clouds. "Hmm... Looks like a storm's coming..." He licked his finger and stuck it up to test the wind. "Well, the first order of bussiness is shelter." He looked around to see what building materials were around. He sighed. "Well, let's get to work." He released his Tropius, Rex, his Clefariy, Fetra, and his Lanturn, Lantz. They all looked around, confused. He explained the situation to them, Rex giving a sigh, Fetra slightly panicing, and Lantz seeming indiffrent. "Alright. So, Rex. I want you to gather coconuts of those trees, and get the leaves while you are at it. Fetra, I want you to gather all the wood you can and pile it up. Lantz, I want you to find some kelp or seaweed and bring it to shore."

Last edited:

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
Alexander
Rodela

Alexander opened an eye to see that someone had begun taking in the leafs above his head, removing the shade. It was a Tropius. Further away stood a boy Alexander wagered was the trainer. Another leaf disappeared and sent the sun straight into his eyes. He rose back up on his feet and sighed. No chance of relaxing now, it seemed. The trainer seemed rather stressed on something. Maybe he knew what weather it was going to be or something useful. Alexander walked over to him and pricked his shoulder. "Oy, hello." he said. "Any idea of where we are or something?"

Kyuubii

Gigas
Maverick
Rodela

Maverick wandered along the edge of the forest looking for leaves so he could build a shelter. Where's Luna? I sent her out to find food a while ago, she should be back by now. All of the sudden, something nudged his leg, he turned and saw his shiny Umbreon looking back at him, but something was wrong, she looked troubled. "What's wrong?" he asked quietly, knowing there was something going on. She just nodded her head towards a cliff up above. Looking up there slowly he saw a purple monkey like Pokemon hanging from a tree looking down at them. There's only one of him, with Luna and Ares I should be fine. "Let's go," he said as him and Luna started jogging towards the cliff.

lisalover

I'm a KA water bunny
Odd
Rodela

Odd woke quickly as a jet of cool water splashed his face. He looked up and saw that Bubbles, his Poilwhril was standing above him with a look of concern.

"Don't worry i'm fine!" he said as he stared at his companion with a smile.

The last thing he remebered was that he flew around in a boat and landed on a beach, then fell asleep in shock. He quickly checked his belt to make sure that Houndour and Psycho were there and was happy to see their balls. Now all thats left is finding Sam, he though as he looked around the beach. Odd saw severial other people scattered along the shore but did not recgonize any of them. He looked behind himself and saw a jungle. He thought that mabye she could be in there and walked towards it with Bubbles trailing behind.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Karson
Rodela

"I don't really know. I think were on an island though." Karson said, stating the obvious. "But one thing I can tell you is that a storm is coming, and if we don't build some shelter or at least find some, we'll be in quite the sticky situation. If you help me, this could go a lot faster." Karson said. He told Rex where to pile the leaves, and gave new orders to Ferta to start harvesting vines along with wood and sticks. "By the way, I'm Karson." he offered a hand. "And you are?"

ESPEON FOREVER

<Soto the Quilava!
Phoebe
Rodela

Phoebe looked around the beach for something to use for a shelter. She could tell from the clouds above that a storm would begin soon. A squeal came from the little eevee in her arms. "It's okay, everything's gonna be fine Ameri," she said calmly. But if there wasn't anywhere safe to sleep then the tiny pokemon would be sick by morning. Ameri's pokeball had been left in Phoebe's room just before the ship crashed by this island. Just then, a pidgeott came flying toward them, two fish held tightly in its talons. "Over here, Razor!!" Phoebe called. At least something good was happening.

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
Alexander winced at the mention of work, but shrugged it off him. If it really was a storm, they would need to get ready as quick as possible. Plus, he hadn't anything better to do. He had had enough of storms already as well. He nodded. "Okay, I'll help." he said to Karson. "I'm Alexander. My Scyther can help."

Mighty_Mightyena99

Cute Poochyena
Chibera
Rodela

Chibera eyes suddenly shot wide open as she noticed where she was. 'An island?! Oh yes...the storm.' Chibera looked at the remains of the boat, just as she was nudged by Shadow, her Shiny Mightyena. 'Hey Shadow. I'm glad your okay. Where are Moonlight and Ice?' Just as Chibera said that Ice popped out of the water clapping her flippers and Moonlight bounded up. 'Great! Everybody's okay.' Chibera then noticed the other conscious people that were making a shelter from the leaves that were found. 'I guess I should become of use.' Chibera jumped up then asked Ice to go get some fresh fish for them to eat and asked Moonlight and Shadow to work together to gather more leaves. Chibera then walked over to the edge of the jungle, trying to find large sticks to hold up their 'shelter'.

Last edited:

Furizaa

Gary
Rodela

After a bit of a while, Gary and Typhu were now approaching Scurvy, his Aipom again, with a small bit of fruit in Gary's backpack. "Eh, we'll have better luck next time with a boar.." Gary told his Aipom, as Scurvy crawled onto his shoulder. He then looked down at the trainers. Quite a few were moving about now, and had released their pokemon as they began to build a shelter. Gary smiled slightly and turned back to face the jungle. "C'mon, guys, let's look for some supplies ourselves." His Typhlosion and Aipom both nodded, as they headed back into the jungle once again.

Kyuubii

Gigas
Maverick
Rodela

Maverick hid as he saw a person walk out of the woods, a pretty powerful Typhlosion walking beside him. They walked up to the Aipom and said something which he couldn't quite make out. Maverick turned to his Umbreon, "Looks like it's a trainer's Pokemon, let's follow him, maybe he knows something about this island." The trainer and his Pokemon silently trailed the trainer with the Typhlosion deeper and deeper into the jungle...

Furizaa

Gary
Rodela

As the three of them continued walking through the forest, Scurvy's and Typhu's ears pricked up, and Gary instantly knew from their reactions that they weren't alone. He nodded silently to Scurvy, who leaped up on a branch overhead in the path, and Gary and Typhu slipped away further into the jungle. Scurvy grabbed onto the branch with his tail-hand firmly and began swinging back in forth as he waited for the sounds he had hear to come. Meanwhile, Gary and Typhu approached a massively huge tree, and began ripping strong vines off of it.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Ok, just a reminder, please state your charecter and location. Also, try and make your posts about 8 sentences, but if they are shorter, that's ok. Just don't go crazy with short posts.
Karson
Rodela

"Ok, everyone. This storm looks pretty bad, so let's try to make as sturdy structures as possible." Karson announced. He had some experiance with meteoroligy, his dad being a meteoligist for a local news station. This, however, has made him quite arrogent. He started to pick up long pieces of driftwood and shoving it in the sand. He picked up some vines and seaweed and started to wrap up groups of them, making walls. He continued this until a hut like structure was built. "Rex!" he called his Tropius. "Could you shoot some Leech Seeds at the sides of the walls every few feet, please?" The plantasaur nodded, then started to work, firing little brown seeds every yard or two. The seeds sprouted and wrapped around the makeshift walls.

lisalover

I'm a KA water bunny
Odd
Rodela

After taking a look around the jungle Odd realized than his friends were not on the island. He knew that it was junt gonna be him, his pokemon, and the other trainers there for a while. As he walked out of the jungle and back to the beach he saw a group of other trainers working on a shelter. It was gonna have to be big if it was to fit all of the trainers and he thought he may as well help out. Odd walked over to the group with Bubbles right behind and asked, "You guys need any help?"

Kyuubii

Gigas
Maverick
Rodela

Still trailing the mysterious trainer, Maverick absent mindedly stepped on a branch. He cursed silently under his breath. Suddenly he saw the trainer's Typhlosion freeze as it's ears perked up. He quickly hid behind a tree with Luna, holding his breath and waiting . After what seemed like minutes passed, Maverick decided to press onward, "Let's go," he whispered to Luna who silently agreed with a nod. After turning around, he saw the trainer picking vines off a tree with his Pokemon. Walking silently, Maverick noticed something, the trainer's Aipom wasn't with him. Fearing an ambush, Maverick adeptly pulled a Pokeball off his belt, calling out his most powerful Pokemon. "Go Ares," he whispered, hoping the other trainer wouldn't hear. A huge Tyranitar came bursting out of the ball in a flash of white light, releasing a loud battle cry. "Great job, Ares," Maverick muttered sarcastically, knowing that his espionage was ruined. He silently prepared himself for whatever the mysterious trainer had planned, and waited for him to make the next move...

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Rose
Rodela

Rose scan the area carefully not know what she would find on this land she was on. She assumed that it was an island but she really didn't have any proof of it. As she scratched her head she was at a lost not knowing to follow the beach around or adventuring into the unknown of the forest. Looking to the sky it was covered with dark clouds...it seemed that the weather was against her until the end. She turned to her pokemon, a Misdrevus and a Raichu they looked up worried about the weather. She reached down realizing something horrible... Jaws' pokeball was gone, franticly looking it, the sphere it was at her feet she sighed with relieved. As she tried to put it back in her belt holder she it wouldn't stay; that slot and two others got broken somehow. Rose decided to forget about the belt and worry a little more about the viscous looking weather. Holding out the ball; an Aerodactyl appeared in a flash of light.

"Okay guys a storm is coming and we have to make a shelter to protect us from the rain" Rose announced though it was obvious to all except the recently release fossil pokemon. "Jaws I need you to find some rope, vines, something to tie these large leaves together."

The Aerodactyl look at Rose with a very annoyed glare and mumble something under his breath before spreading his wings and taking flight. Then she turned to the Misdrevus named Jewel and with out a word the ghost nodded and silently followed Jaws in the shadow of the trees with her little doll floating right behind her. She then turned to the Raichu with the mulberry heart on her chest and smiled.

"Let's get some leaves."

thed3

Bow Chicka Bow Wow!
D
Rodela

D finally had woken up he discovered a bump on his head. Slowly but surely things began to come together as he remembered what had happened. After the luxury cruiser was seemingly thrown at an island he and the other passengers and crews arrived at this island. He was the last person to get off his life boat... Well kind of... Right before he had stepped onto the island he had called out his Skarmory, Metallica. But, right as he had one of his feet off the boat, but not on land yet, a semi-large wave lifted the boat slightly which had caused D to headbutt Metallicas wing. Unfortunately for him steel is much harder than his skull and he remained unconscious for awhile...

"Oww... geez," he complained rubbing the bump. He looked along the beach and towards the center of the island and saw the other passengers and crew of the boat already getting to work on building a shelter and getting food. He wondered how he could help. "Well since you're out Metallica let's take to the sky maybe we can find something of use from that vantage point." Metallica simply nodded as she knelt down to let D on her. She then spread her wings and with one flap of her wings she and D were soon flying.