• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of the Ninja Hero! (902)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the Ninja Village! The Legend of the Hero Greninja!!

On their way to Terminus Cave, Ash & Co. meet up with their old friend Sanpei. Sanpei asks them if they would like to visit his home town, the Ninja Village, which happens to be located nearby, due to a special festival being held. As it's their first time in the village, they learn all about it from Sanpei's brothers, but soon the village comes under attack. Will Ash & co. be able to defend the village?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Poor Sanpei's Greninja got owned by Venusaur.

I like Nihei's sleeve style, reminds me of Gintoki's.

That kunoichi is really cute. Liked that bit with Serena.

Overall an entertaining episode, can't wait for next week.

PokeTV: Froakie's Frubbles, F***** dead @ Froakie as Santa Claus.

Did Sanpei's Greninja use Night Slash? I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So... Did Sanpei just hijack Ash's Frogadier's moveset? Double Team?

Also, if I saw correctly, I think its full set was:
- Water Shuriken
- Double Team
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack/Smokescreen?

Kinda what we are expecting to see from Ash's. Except it will probably have Waterfall somewhere.

Wow, the Professor Oak-tag on had Froakie as Santa, and a Stantler appeared..

nuzamaki90

Okay first off, Santa Froakie had me dying. I wish we had more comedic moments like that because that was a funny way to utilize its Frubbles.

Now with this hype episode. It was just really good and a nice setup to the next. Nihei and Ippei are cool though I still think Ippei should be the father. JiraiyaThe Village Elder and Tsunade[/] were also an entertaining duo. The group have been in the woods for so long I can't remember the last time Bonnie KEEPU'd someone.

The battle was great too and I wasn't expecting Sanpei and Greninja to lose. That Solarbeam to the face looked painful.

And that ninja army is interesting as well as the invasion in general. The guard getting off'd and Serena and Shinobu being captured by TR was unexpected.

All in all, I'm REALLY hype for next week too. This episode really got me asking questions on how everything will resolve when all is over.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I found this episode to be a build up for Greninja hype next week. The ninja army entering was kind of interesting and their relationships with the ninja elder. But now, time to say goodbye to Frubble. We'll miss the moments when Froakie/Frogadier was covered in bubbles.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
A build up episode to next week but a god one nonetheless. We got to see Sanpei's siblings and the ninja village is a pretty neat place with some quirky characters. And the ninja army looks BAMF. I mean a Haxorus Mask. C'mon now? Too good.

p96822

Evolve me please
Bonnie propose goes wrong fast XD.

Also the power of Santa frog.

Anyway I though this episode looked okay so I'll give it a 8 out 10

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
A build up episode to next week but a god one nonetheless. We got to see Sanpei's siblings and the ninja village is a pretty neat place with some quirky characters. And the ninja army looks BAMF. I mean a Haxorus Mask. C'mon now? Too good.

They are a bunch of idiots though.. A flock of Skarmory attack: "Venusaur use SOLARBEAM!".. x0.25 Not to mention the weird aversion for Fire-types I've seem to have spotted. I've seen multiple Simisage and Simipour, but not one Simisear. That kind of attitude doesn't help them when their rivals use Steel and Ice-types..

Haxorus-mask is cool, but a Lairon-mask is kind of.. odd..

Bonnie propose goes wrong fast XD.

Also the power of Santa frog.

Anyway I though this episode looked okay so I'll give it a 8 out 10

I saw Bonnie coming this time, and I lol'd hard when it was a henge! xD

Agreed. I'm kind of fuming because Serebii notes it as "None of consequence".. Really now.

And lol, Santa Frog. I spotted the Stantler! Looks like the Pokémon Company hasn't given up completely on it. I was sure they'd use Sawsbuck Winter for it.. xD

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Remember when Sanpei used to be cool and at the top of the game? Dear goodness, this boy just keeps showing poor performances.

The way Greninja is drawn is weird. The head is a little too big compared to the body, and it's a little too covered into the tongue scarf.

Santakie was so random to show, despite not being Dec 24th yet. I love it.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The woman with the purple hair totally reminded me of Tsunade at the scene where Bonnie asked her to marry Clemont.

Good episode at all. 8/10

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Remember when Sanpei used to be cool and at the top of the game? Dear goodness, this boy just keeps showing poor performances.

The way Greninja is drawn is weird. The head is a little too big compared to the body, and it's a little too covered into the tongue scarf.

Santakie was so random to show, despite not being Dec 24th yet. I love it.

December 6th is the Santa Claus day.

dman_dustin

Along with Hero Greninja, there was also Staraptor and Heatmor images, right? Does that mean, if Ash Greninja the concept that creates it is in the games (not the aesthetic relating to Ash, obviously) could that mean Staraptor and Heatmor have similar evolutions. So if we called the concept Synchro Evolution, should we expect Synchro Evolutions of Staraptor and Heatmor? Or was the Hero Greninja the only thing unique about the images.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I've only seen the photos: Team Rocket is attacking the village on their own accord right? I didn't see any scenes with them teaming up with the invading clan.

dman_dustin

I've only seen the photos: Team Rocket is attacking the village on their own accord right? I didn't see any scenes with them teaming up with the invading clan.

No, no. Not that I'm aware of.

From what I perceived in the episode. Team Rocket wanted to capture the Pokemon of their own accord.

But then the ninja army attacked, and while they were confused at first (well not confused but it wasn't expected), they used the attack to their benefit.

Unfortunately that didn't work out to well, and Team Rocket's plan kind of backfired when instead of capturing what they wanted (I believe it was Pokemon), they snagged the female Ninja and Serena.

But I could be wrong.

phanpycross

God-king
This episode really reminded me a lot of the goodra 2-parter tbh, but I loved those episodes, so that's a good thing, althrough those episodes focused completely on Goodra, where this feels more like a 50/50 of Ash and Senpai, at least so far.

still, 7/10, Insanely hyped for next week, and for greninja in general.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
No, no. Not that I'm aware of.

From what I perceived in the episode. Team Rocket wanted to capture the Pokemon of their own accord.

But then the ninja army attacked, and while they were confused at first (well not confused but it wasn't expected), they used the attack to their benefit.

Unfortunately that didn't work out to well, and Team Rocket's plan kind of backfired when instead of capturing what they wanted (I believe it was Pokemon), they snagged the female Ninja and Serena.

But I could be wrong.

You basically got it.

Janovy

Banned
It was a nice episode, though I understood little, and by little, I mean almost nothing.

I feel like I'll appreciate it a lot more once the translation is out.

DotKU

Champion
This episode was great and I'm glad we are FINALLY out of this boring streak of XYZ episodes. I was sort of expecting Bonnie to do the keepu thing, but wow I'm satisfied with how that ended. The ninja village is really nice, I would love to explore it in the next game(s). Sanpei definitely has the worst character design in the whole family, I kinda wish Ash met Nikei instead. Seemed more competent at least. This episode did a good job of building up the suspense and I'm so hyped for next week. OMG Santa Froakie with his voice, I was done.

DotKU

Champion
This episode was great and I'm glad we are FINALLY out of this boring streak of XYZ episodes. I was sort of expecting Bonnie to do the keepu thing, but wow I'm satisfied with how that ended. The ninja

village is really nice, I would love to explore it in the next game(s). Sanpei definitely has the worst character design in the whole family, I kinda wish Ash met Nikei instead. Seemed more competent at

least. This episode did a good job of building up the suspense and I'm so hyped for next week. OMG Santa Froakie with his voice, I was done.