• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of the Ninja Hero! (902)

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Very much set-up for the next episode but still a reasonable episode on it's own. Ippei and Nihei sounded alright but I do definitely prefer Ippei's Japanese voice, and I'm not sold on Greninja's voice anymore. :/

Really looking forward to see how the dub handles next week.

This was an ok episode. Nothing too exciting.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Eh, as much as I love nunjas, that was a somewhat boring episode, but as it was set up for a two-parter I'm willing to forgive it, assuming next week's episode is good.

One random thought though. Bonnie, before going to a ninja village, decides to play dress up as a ninja. It may be fun and games for her, but the way of the shinobi is this village's culture and way of life. It seems offensive to them for Bonnie to dress up like that. I know I'm overthinking this, but couldn't help but point it out.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
does anyone know who was Shinobu's VA, swear it sounded familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Ippei and Sanpei's reasons for wanting Froakie as their partner given the backstory of the hero Greninja...kinda burns when you think about it...[spoil]knowing what goes down next week.[/spoil]

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well I think this episode made it clear that Sanpei is NOT participating in the Pokemon League for those who thought he was. I never thought he was but some people sure did.

And this was the only time Bonnie's "gag" made me laugh, cause the girl was 100 years old. Only wish that could have happened to Brock. *sigh*

8/10

Pikachu52

Even though it's building to a climax in the next episode, it's still comes across as being uninteresting. I didn't feel the Ninja village was a particularly interesting setting. It felt somewhat cliche, especially since we'd already had something similar with the Village of Dragons in BW and Draconids in ORAS. Most of the episode is spent either Senpai showing them around the village or introducing them to other characters. The only excitement happens when the "Ninja Army" attacks for no reason, but even that seems so random as it's not clear why they would want to capture the village chief. All in all it's seems a somewhat lacklustre plot device with which to introduce the Ash-Greninja.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Great great GREAT episode. The backstory, the suspense, the action, the playfulness... it has it all and builds Sanpei to be a "rival" character similar to Stephen from B&W series. This was a great beginning to a 2 part Pokémon event. Even Bonnie's cute "NINJA" moment was cute and not corny at all.

5 out of 5 stars. Nuff said

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not a bad episode. The only major issue I had was the voice acting for the ninja characters. Not that they sounded bad, but their line delivery sounded shaky.

The Bonnie gag in this episode by far is the most unique and has a hilarious outcome, haha.

Its a good episode to lead to the 2nd part, that's about all I can say.

Acdog

Decent amount of action in this episode. The whole "Hi, I'm Ash, and this is my partner, Pikachu..." bit was particularly long this episode because of all the character introductions haha.

I give it a 7/10.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I'm glad Bonnie wore her ninja outfit again. Lol, at that old man flirting with the young chick. Is he trying to be Jiraiya? Nice to see another proposal gag. I've said this a million times, but I really like how they space this gag out.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
One thing I like about this episode is that Bonnie of all people knows that the plural of ninja is ninja, something half this forum's users don't know lol

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
One thing I like about this episode is that Bonnie of all people knows that the plural of ninja is ninja, something half this forum's users don't know lol

this is a common argument that occurs, but Americanization of the word plays a big part. Just as Canada and the states have different spellings of some words that are both correct, there is different ways for the plural of Ninja. Depends on the culture and their way of speaking.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked seeing Sanpei again, as well as learning more about Ippei. The ninja subplot become somewhat insipid during the middle however, because it was all building up toward giving Satoshi's Gekkouga more of the limelight later on.

I thought it was good. Course one thing that annoyed me was when Sanpei answered Bonnie's question about female ninja, he did not use the term kuno'ichi in the dub which happens to be what female ninja are called. Venusaur seemed completely random as a ninja mascot to me, but I did love seeing all of the various Pokemon they consider ninja-like though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought it was good. Course one thing that annoyed me was when Sanpei answered Bonnie's question about female ninja, he did not use the term kuno'ichi in the dub which happens to be what female ninja are called.

I didn't think it was a big deal since simply using the term ninja was good enough. I didn't expect the dub to be thorough enough to mention kunoichi, regardless.