• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of the Tao Trio

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
The next chapter.:D(probably with flaws)

Chapter 6: Little Noah

Everyone was through resting and got up to start their journey towards the west. The Excadrills clawed their way through as they just kept walking and walking. Zack was getting bored of just “walking”. He decided to start talking to Alex.

“So… what’s up?” asked Zack.

“Really? That’s how your going to start a conversation after walking for days in an underground tunnel filled with land sharks and occasional Digletts?” asked Alex.

“Well, when you put it that way…”

“Nah, I’m just kidding! Anyways, I’m just worrying about how we are going to get there. You KNOW we’re lost, right?”

“Yeah, I think everybody’s figured that out. I’m just getting bored…”

“So you want to talk about something?” asked Alex.

“Sure! Let’s talk about… err… the Chief!” exclaimed Zack.

“Okay… Let’s see… so how do you think he became so strong?”

“Good question… and when did he become the Chief?”

“He he, so you two youngsters are curious about the Chief’s past, eh?” giggled Mrs. Chasm, who appeared almost out of nowhere.

“Yeah, we don’t know much about him…” said Zack.

“Well, well then, I’ll tell you the story of the Chief. One day many years ago, a little treecko was found wandering in the forest. He was just an infant, unaware of the dangers that lurked out there. He saw some berries on a nearby bush, and decided to go and pick some. Now, before he could touch even one, a furious Rampardos broke out of the bushes and head-butted him into a tree! Being the youngster he was, he was severely damaged, crying very hard from the pain. The angry Rampardos was mad at him because he had broke into his territory, uninvited. He prepared to smash Treecko with Head Smash, but just in a nick of time, one of our elders, an Emboar, knocked out Rampardos with an incredible Superpower! Mr. George, the elder, went to Treecko, who was unconscious. He picked him up gently and quickly ran over to his village.

"He took him to the village nurse, who is now known as “The Nurse of Hope”. The little Treecko was severely hurt, a few bones broken. She patched him up as best as she could, and started the Aromatherapy. It didn’t look like he would make it through the night, but she tried her best to keep him alive. George stayed the whole time, worried about the youngster. In the morning, George and the Nurse woke up to find that the little Treecko was gone! A search party was ordered to go find the small patient. At that time, I was just a little Snorunt. I was wondering what all of the commotion was, so I asked my Pa. He told me that a little boy had been hurt the previous day and that now he was missing. I decided to go out and see if I could help find him. The first place I looked was in fact the place I found him. He was sitting down, watching the sunrise over the lake. I walked over and asked him what he was doing. This is what he said, “I don’t know where my Mommy and Daddy are… they disappeared into the forest to get me some berries, but they never came out… I went to go find them, but then I was attacked by a really scary pokemon! I woke up to find my wounds healed, and this old guy sleeping beside me… I don’t understand what happened…” I told him what I had heard, about how he was attacked by a Rampardos and that he was carried to the nurse to be healed. After saying that, the search party found us, and rushed him back to the nurse. She questioned if he was feeling better, and if he remembered what he had been doing wandering the forest at night. He told them what he had told me, and asked if they knew what had happened to them. Nobody knew what had happened to them. They asked if he at least knew his name, and he told them that it was Noah.

"We invited him into our village to stay while we figured out what had happened to his family. George decided to let him live with him, so he could have some company. George was like a father to Noah. He nurtured him into shape, and trained him to be strong. He grew very fast, and was becoming more independent every day. A few years had pasted, and we never found his family. Not even a trace of them had been found. Noah tried to be strong, and to go on with his life, although I can remember him softly weeping at night, beside the lake. Then there was that gruesome day. Everyone was asleep, the guards outside dozing from the peace of the forest. Then, as if out of know where, we were attacked by these pokemon known as, “The Haxorus Squad”! They rampaged their way through the village, destroying everything in their path! Many innocent citizens were killed, others severely injured. Their leader, a Black Haxorus, plowed its way over to where Noah and George were living! Noah was terrified, knowing that he could never possibly stand up to such a beast. The Haxorus was getting ready to destroy them with an Outrage attack, when George slammed his arm down on Haxorus, showing an impressive Hammer Arm. This in-raged the leader, making him extremely vicious. He hit George with a powerful Dragon Claw, knocking him back a few feet. George ran at it with a Wild Charge, significantly hurting the leader. George followed up with a few Brick Breaks and a few random punches to wear him down. What George didn’t know was that the Leader had something deadly in his power. After being hit with one more punch, Haxorus stabbed the elder with his horns, using Guillotine! Noah watched in horror, as George fell to the ground, bleeding heavily. The Haxorus smirked at his victory, and looked at little Noah. Noah was extremely scared at the devilish look on the leader’s hideous face. I seeing this unleashed an Ice Shard attack, causing the Haxorus to fall over. Noah, seeing this as a chance to get away, ran over to me and we both started running to the lake to hide. Now back then, the lake had secret caves that are covered up now. We got in, and waited for the Haxorus Squad to leave. Hours pasted.

"Eventually, it was extremely quiet outside. We went to check if it was safe, and went to the broken village. It was horrific, trees were lying down, pokemon were dead, and it appeared that no one had survived. Noah slowly made his way to George, who laid on the ground; eyes closed with dried blood on his skin. Noah started to cry at the sight of the man who had been like a father to him. Then, George let out a cough, signaling he was still alive! Noah ran up to him with hope and relief back in his mind. He said to Noah, “Noah…” *coughs* “I, I don’t think I’m going to make it…” *coughs* “No, you can’t die! Not now!” Noah was sobbing with sadness. “I’m sorry Noah, I, I really am…” *cough* “I want you, to be brave. Be, strong… don’t cry, no matter what happens…” Some very nasty coughing followed that. Noah was broken by this, now crying very loudly. “I’m entrusting you with the position of leader… I, I want you to lead the survivors, use what I’ve taught you over the years… Use all of your strength to protect them, and lead them for as long as you can…” More coughing came after saying this. Noah tried his best to stop crying, to fulfill his stepfather’s wish. “Remember, that no matter what happens, you…” and with that, he paused, and then was dropped into eternal rest. Noah, whose eyes were swollen, and was looking very pale, stood up, looked around, and then came over to me. He told me to go find some survivors, because it was time to recover the pokemon. I did as he asked, and we did find a few survivors. The nurse thankfully was still alive, and was able to heal some of the pokemon, but some didn’t make it. More years pasted, and Noah had grown a lot more, becoming stronger, wiser, and more protective over his forest. Eventually, the elders came to the conclusion that he would be known as the Chief. Ever since then, he has led us through many battles, he has protected us from many threats, and has brought us back to our original power.”

“Wow… so that’s why the Chief was so protective of us back there…” whispered Alex.

“What happened to the Haxorus Squad?” asked Zack.

“After many years, we came across them again, but this time they were being surrounded by a group of angry Scolipedes, outnumbering them greatly. Being a ghost type, I can see inside pokemon, being able to sense emotions and such. Curiously, I had found evil spirits inside the Haxoruses’ bodies. We figured out that they only attacked us years back because an evil Spiritomb was possessing them. We saved them from the Scolipedes, by calming them down with a Heal Pulse. Using my powers, I drove the spirits out of their bodies, leaving a bunch of confused Haxoruses. They said that several years ago that they had been traveling around some dark woods, and had met a Spiritomb who had been released from its prison. It looked at them, laughed evilly, and went into their bodies, causing them to lose control. They now live a quiet life up in the mountains.” Replied Mrs. Chasm.

“I never knew that things like that had happened before…” mumbled Zack.

“Did ya’ll ever find his family?” asked Alex.

“No, to this day, no one knows what happened to them.”

“Well, that was a really cool, but sad story. Thanks for helping us understand the Chief better!” said Zack.

After saying that, the Chief called out that they were gaining in on the Forest, and were about to start heading up. With that, they all got prepared to find out what they could do to get their home back.

I would double space the story to make it more readable, but that feature isn't on my options to post. Any suggestions to make it more readable are appreciated!^^ Edit: Fixed.:D

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Nice wall of text feature. It probably would have been better if you didn't make it one entire paragraph and instead broke if into several smaller paragraphs. That would GREATLY increase readability. You're still allowed to break up the text into different paragraphs even if it's in a quote. You can leave off the end quotation mark at the end of each paragraph to signify that the same person is speaking.

There were a couple typos, but I don't feel like pointing them out. I suggest proofreading before you submit your chapters. I sure hope that we get to see some of the characters in the story about the chief, like the Haxorus squad and the evil Spiritomb.

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
I wanna be in the PM list!

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Good chapter, the backstory was written really well. Can you add me to the PM list?
Thanx, and your added!^^

Nice wall of text feature. It probably would have been better if you didn't make it one entire paragraph and instead broke if into several smaller paragraphs. That would GREATLY increase readability. You're still allowed to break up the text into different paragraphs even if it's in a quote. You can leave off the end quotation mark at the end of each paragraph to signify that the same person is speaking.

There were a couple typos, but I don't feel like pointing them out. I suggest proofreading before you submit your chapters. I sure hope that we get to see some of the characters in the story about the chief, like the Haxorus squad and the evil Spiritomb.

Okay, I've fixed it to be more readable. I'm sorry about the typos, I didn't catch them. Every character mentioned hold a special part in this fic, so you can expect to see them later~

I wanna be in the PM list!
*Adds*

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Are you continuing this story? Ive read all the ones on here, but its kinda depressing not knowing the end haha. I would really like to see the rest of them.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Forest of Nightmares

Finally, they had reached their destination. With a little work, the Excadrill Crew unraveled the last heap of dirt and they had surfaced. Everyone, even the elders, dashed out of the hole to finally be back in a forest! Zack looked around at the scenery. They were standing in a long field, the forest surrounding all ends. It was a luscious forest, showing to be filled with berries and wild pokemon. Some of them were staring at the newcomers, but then they would run off when someone took a step forward. It looked to be getting close to dark, the sun setting over the trees.

“Well, it seems we have finally arrived at the White Forest.” Declared the Chief.

Everyone cheered at that, and the Chief sent out some troops to gather berries so they could all eat. Zack was getting bored waiting for them, so he asked Mach if he wanted to go exploring.

“Sure, but tell either Mom or Dad that we’re out.” Replied Mach.

“Hey Mom, can I go exploring?” asked Zack.

“What? I think not! Not after what happened in that cave!” scolded Zack’s Mom.

“Come on, I’ll go with Mach!”

“A no is a no Zack.”

“Aww….” Sighed Zack. Zack then had an idea. He walked over to his dad who was lying by a tree.

“Hey dad, can I go exploring with Mach and some friends in the forest for a while?” asked Zack with the most innocent face he could make.

“Um, sure. Just be back before dinner! And stay away from anything that looks dangerous.” Warned Zack’s Father.

“Okay, thanks!” exclaimed Zack happily. Zack walked over to Alex and Joey and asked them if they’d like to go exploring with him and Mach.

“Sure Zack! I’d love to!” exclaimed Alex.

“I don’t know… it could be dangerous…” mumbled Joey.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be fine! I mean, look at all of those wild pokemon happily running around, playing with each other!” replied Zack.

“Well, okay… I’ll go.” Answered Joey.

“Okay then! Leeeeeeet’s go!” exclaimed Alex.

Everyone, excluding Zack, sighed as they began to walk into the mysterious forest. It was a lovely forest; Pidoves singing, Beedrills buzzing, and some cute little Duckletts were playing. It was beautiful scenery; everything had bright colors and was growing wildly! They started walking a bit to the north until they came across a small clearing. In the middle of it was a luscious tree, blossoming with flowers and a variety of berries!

“Wow! That is a gorgeous tree!” exclaimed Alex.

“Yeah, let’s go over to it! Those berries look delicious!” Zack happily replied.

They started there way over to it, but after a few steps, something strange happened. The tree started to lose its color and it slowly started to whither. The berries turned spoiled and rotten and hit the ground with a splat. To their horror, the ends of the clearing started to close up by an iron fence, preventing escape.

“GO AWAY!” snarled a deep voice.

They looked at the tree to see a shadowy creature floating above it. It had a red collar, long white hair, and a black body that resembled shadows themselves.

“Um, how are we supposed to leave when you blocked our exit?” questioned Alex.

“DON’T BACK-TALK ME! FOOLISH CHILDREN, YOU SHALL PERISH FOR ENTERING MY TERRITORY!” growled the creature.

“Mach, do you know what that thing is?” asked Zack.

“I think it is a legendary pokemon known as Darkrai. All I can remember about it from what Mrs. Chasm told me is that it is a being of nightmares.” Replied Mach.

“Uh-oh!” gulped Zack.

Darkrai then unleashed a huge Dark Pulse at them, which would have hit if it hadn’t had been for Mach quickly shielding them with a Protect. Mach’s body was then suddenly surrounded by water and he dashed at full speed at Darkrai showing a powerful Aqua Jet! However, Darkrai easily dodged this with a surprisingly fast speed, and then swiftly unleashed a Shadow Ball that hit Mach squarely on the back! To Zack’s horror, Mach appeared to have been knocked out by it!

“That thing is powerful!” gasped Zack.

“Let me try this!” exclaimed Alex.

She unleashed a vine whip which tried to tangle itself around Darkrai, but he was still able to avoid it somehow, and then fired a full power Dark Pulse at the three! As quick as possible, Zack grabbed his scalchop and reflected the attack back at Darkrai! Darkrai was knocked back against the tree, and then something strange happened. He started to turn white, and with a flash, his appearance completely changed! He now looked to be a fox-looking creature with red claws and had a huge amount of red hair with black tipping each curve, leading to a ponytail.

“What the heck just happened?!” exclaimed Alex.”

“CURSES! You’ve foiled my illusion… For that, YOU MUST DIE!” snarled the new pokemon.

“Hey, I think that’s one of those Zoroarks! Mrs. Chasm talked of them making illusions and attacking those who trespass on their territory!” exclaimed Zack.

“Can we actually beat that thing?” whimpered Joey.

“There’s only one way to find out!” said Alex.

Zoroark threw a deadly looking Focus Blast which Zack reflected with his scalchop. Zack then used Water Gun, which was fused with Alex’s Energy Ball, which took a direct hit on Zoroark, smashing him against the tree. With a growl, he unleashed a Flamethrower out of his mouth at such speed that Zack and Alex had no time to react as it hit. Zack wasn’t very hurt, but Alex however was struggling to get up.

“Alex! Are you okay?” exclaimed Zack.

“Don’t worry, I have a plan…” groaned Alex. “Cover me for a minute please…”

“Okay! Joey, you guard Alex and I’ll try to slow down Zoroark from attacking ya’ll!” commanded Zack.

“Okay.” Stated Joey firmly.

Zack turned back on Zoroark who was running at him about to hit with a Night Slash. Zack ducked in time and smacked Zoroark back with an Aqua Tail. Looking furious, Zoroark threw a Shadow Ball at Zack, knocking him back.

“Okay!” exclaimed Alex. Zack looked back to see Alex completely restored and full of energy.

“How did you heal up so fast?” asked Zack.

“Simple, I asked you to hold him back so I could use Rest!”

“Wow, good thinking!”

While they were distracted, Zoroark started to use Nasty Plot to double his power. Zack not noticing this started to run at Zoroark with a Shell Blade on its way. However, this just pleased Zoroark as he took this chance to trip Zack with a Grass Knot. Then a red orb appeared in front of his mouth and he unleashed a huge beam of energy at Zack who was helplessly on the ground.

“Zack, NOOOOO!!!!” exclaimed Alex.

With a giant explosion, Zack appeared to be knocked out cold on the ground. He had a big wound on his back from the Hyper Beam.

“Oh no…” gasped Alex and Joey.

Zoroark laughed at his easy KO, and was getting ready to finish Zack off with a Shadow Claw.

“No, I won’t let you!” snarled Alex. She then swirled her tail turning into a leafy tornado, which Zoroark got caught up in. She flung him into the tree as hard as she could, causing a bunch of smoke to cover where he had hit.

“Is he?…” whispered Joey.

“GRR! ENOUGH OF THIS!” growled that horrible voice from the smoke.

The black figure dashed out of the smoke and landed right in front of Alex, unleashing a small orb, which exploded when it made contact to her head. Alex was now unconscious also. Zoroark looked over at the terrified Joey.

“AND NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!”

Sorry about the time between each chapter. School has slowed down how fast I can finish each one, but I'll try to post chapters quicker!:)

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
She unleashed a vine whip which tried to tangle itself around Darkrai, but he was still able to avoid it somehow, and then fired a full power Dark Pulse at the 3!

Spell out the word "three" rather than writing the number. I think there's a rule about that, but I forgot what it was.

Also, this was a cool chapter. Cliffhangers are always suspenseful.

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
I believe the rule is that if there are three or more words in the number(ie.103) then you just write the number out like I did. If its just two words like 100, then you would have to write it as "one-hundred."
Spell out the word "three" rather than writing the number. I think there's a rule about that, but I forgot what it was.

Also, this was a cool chapter. Cliffhangers are always suspenseful.

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Okay, I fixed that. Thanx for the reviews!(btw, pokemonhunter11, plz don't triple post)

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Sorry brah I'm using my smartphone, so if it posts more than once its not my fault.
Okay, I fixed that. Thanx for the reviews!(btw, pokemonhunter11, plz don't triple post)

menametlg

ow this story is... is... AMAZING!!! Intense!!! I wonder what that timid cyndaquil will do? Joey evolve now and kill that stupid fox with eruption! >:D

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
next update please!!! I really like this story <3

I don't mean to minimod, but I don't want to see this great fic being filled up with insignificant one-liners like this... Please check the rules before posting:

11) The following posts are considered SPAM and will get you into trouble with the Mods:

–Posts asking about fic updates: “When will the next chapter be up?” “Are you almost done the next chapter?” They are rude, period.

PM list plz.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Judging from the style of grammar errors, I'd say English is not your first language.

Ah, no matter. The story is more than good enough to offset the errors. Keep it up!

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Holy crap, the next chapter is up!!!

Judging from the style of grammar errors, I'd say English is not your first language.

Ah, no matter. The story is more than good enough to offset the errors. Keep it up!

English is my first(and only) language, I'm just exteemly bad at spotting errors!xD

Anyways, sorry for the wait, I hope the length of this one will make up for it!

Chapter 8: To Kill for the Ill

“Uh oh…” muttered the terrified Joey.

Zoroark was grinning and started to unleash a dark chuckle. He pounced at Joey with great speed and successfully landed on him, putting his claws at Joey’s throat.

“Oh how ironic things can be. The first one to be killed will be the timid one who was standing back the whole time! You didn’t help your “friends”, or whatever you call them. All you did was stand back and watch, only once getting in front of the Snivy who was recovering, which I bet you wouldn’t have protected if I had aimed an attack. Scum like you deserve to die! Any last words?” smirked Zoroark.

These words struck Joey like a spear, surprising him more than the fact that Zoroark had been paying that much attention to him, and the part that surprised him the most was that it was kind of true… He didn’t help his friends fight, he watched them fight. He never even called out any support for them! It had been that way ever since he met them. Countless times he had fallen in a dangerous position, each time only surviving because of Zack, Alex, or Mach saving him. Maybe Zoroark’s right… maybe I do deserve this…

No… I can’t give up, not now! It’s time to repay them for all they have done for me!

“Even if what you say is true, I won’t listen! This time I will fight until the end!” exclaimed Joey. He strongly pushed Zoroark off his body and fired a Flamethrower at his face!

“Grr, you’ll regret that punk!” snarled Zoroark.

Zoroark who was still a little surprised by the sudden change of nature decided to fire a Shadow Ball at Joey, who expertly dodged it and started to deliver a series of Mud Slaps which all just annoyed Zoroark to death. Trying to counter attack, Zoroark used Night Slash to knock out the small weasel, but to his misfortune the Mud Slaps severely hampered his accuracy, causing him to hit a rock instead. Zoroark, who was getting frustrated from the evasion of Joey, decided to hurl up a bunch of dirt and mud in the air, causing Joey to lose sight of him. When the dust cleared, Zoroark was gone!

“Uh oh, where did he go?” muttered Joey.

This was quickly answered as under Joey Zoroark popped out of the ground delivering an uppercut to the face! Joey flew off and landed against the tree, shaking it slightly. Strangely when it shook, Joey heard a small moan. Deciding that what he was doing now was more important, Joey stomped the ground, his body suddenly was cloaked with fire, and he ran at Zoroark with Flame Charge! Right before the hit landed, Zoroark disappeared again, but this time he didn’t go underground. Joey stopped, confused about what happened. Before Joey could react, Zoroark appeared and attacked him from behind! Joey was flung a few feet away, but quickly got back up with motivation to win.

“Grr, I will not lose to a punk like you!” growled Zoroark.

Suddenly in-between Zoroark’s claws a small white sphere was glowing, and then multiplied showing that he was about to use Hidden Power, but instead of them being fired at Joey, they surrounded Zoroark’s body, and he began running at Joey! His claws also started to glow showing that he was going to perform some Hidden Power-Night Slash combo! Joey, realizing this was his chance, glowed with a sudden color of lava and unleashed a deadly Lava Plume, breaking the Hidden Power and colliding with Zoroark, sending him all the way to the top of the tree! He landed in an awkward position on the top of it, giving him the misfortune of losing his balance and he started to fall down, hitting multiple branches until he hit the ground with a thud. His body twitched, signaling he was still alive, but instead of getting back up to attack, he quickly fled into a hole in the tree. The forest area suddenly changed to appear like it did when they arrived, peaceful and beautiful. Joey went to check on his friends, and to his relief they were breathing. None of them had any serious wounds thankfully, so Joey decided he better go get some of the tribe to bring them back. However, before he could start on the path, he heard weeping in the tree. It sounded like Zoroark.

“Hmm… maybe I should check on him. I mean he couldn’t have been so desperate to get rid of us if all we did was accidentally walk into his territory. I have a feeling there is something else… that moaning I heard, maybe it has something to do with that…” mumbled Joey.

Deciding that he’d better check, Joey made his way over to the tree. Luckily the hole was pretty close to the ground so Joey didn’t have to climb but about three feet. He peeked into the hole, to see Zoroark crying, sitting over a small heap of fur. Joey took one step into the hole, and Zoroark saw him, and quickly turned to defend the creature. Joey knew that Zoroark was too scared to attack him, but he had a feeling that he would defend the thing he was protecting with his life by the urgency in his eyes.

“Please, g-go away!” exclaimed Zoroark.

“Aw… Don’t worry, we weren’t here to hurt anything, we were just passing through, and you attacked us…” said Joey.

“How do I know your telling the truth?” asked Zoroark.

“Because… Hmm… well, we’re just kids after all. I’m really sorry that we walked into your territory. Please forgive us… We really didn’t mean to, honest.” Replied Joey.

“Hmm… you seem sorry, I can see it in your eyes. All right, I forgive you. I’m sorry that I got you into this mess, it’s just, my daughter has been really sick lately, and I don’t know how to make her better…” Zoroark started to sob again saying this.

“Oh, now I see… May I see her? I’m not really that good with medicine, but I’ve learned a few things from my village’s healer.” Asked Joey.

“Well, okay. I will do anything to get her better, she means a lot to me…” muttered Zoroark.

Joey walked over to the fur, showing a little Zorua girl. She looked like she was in pain, grasping her teeth on a stick, her nose running badly. Joey felt her forehead, which was blazing hot.

“Oh my… She has a really bad fever… can you tell me exactly what has been wrong with her Mr. Zoroark?” asked Joey.

“Please, call me Ethan. Anyways, it all started a few nights ago when I went to get us some dinner. I came home with a Deerling, her favorite meal… When I got in here, she was laying in her nest, coughing. I asked her if she was feeling good, and she said that she felt really bad. Her stomach was slightly twisted, which really scared me. She told me that while I was gone she found a berry at the bottom of the tree and ate it. I believe she ate a spoiled one, because she said it tasted bad. I have a very bad knowledge on berries, so I have no idea what berries I should use to heal her… This tree has about every berry you could think of also, and I’ve tried nearly every one, but none have healed her… I don’t know what to do…” sobbed Ethan.

“Hmm, I know how you feel, my parents died when I was really young… I’m afraid I won’t be able to help heal her, but I know somebody who can.”

“Who? Are they near here? We’ll need to hurry though, because I’m afraid she doesn’t have much time left…”

“Okay, I understand. Stay here, I’ll be right back!” Joey firmly stated.

Joey looked up in the tree for an Oran berry. He saw one a branch above him, which he grabbed and took to Alex who was still unconscious. He put it to her mouth and helped her chew it with his hands. He managed to get her to swallow it, and she finally started to stir.

“Alex, wake up! Please, I need you!” pled Joey. Her eyes finally flew open to see that Joey was sighing with relief that she was conscious again.

“Joey… What happened?” asked Alex.

“I’ll tell you later, right now there is something more important to attend to!” exclaimed Joey.

He took her to the tree so she could look at Zorua. She didn’t appear to be wary of Zoroark considering how sad he looked.

“Hmm… I think I can help, but I’ll need a few berries. I’ll go collect them. Also, you’re not doing anybody good by just crying, get her some water! We need to bring that fever down!” exclaimed Alex.

Alex started to go through the tree, looking for the right berries while Ethan went out to get some water for Zorua. Joey tried to get her to drink an Oran berry he had crushed and stirred into a drinkable potion. Alex and Ethan came back with a large leaf filled with water and a lot of different berries.

“Okay, I have everything I need. A Lum berry for the fever, a Sitrus berry to help her gain her strength back, a Tamato berry to burn all of the bacteria in her stomach, a Bluk berry to tone down the heat of the Tamato berry, …” listed Alex, now mixing the berries together in a small bowl-shaped piece of wood. After a little time passed, she walked over to Zorua to give her the potion. Zorua managed it down, and then her eyes closed and her breathing calmed down.

“Okay, now she’s sleeping. She should be much better in the morning!” exclaimed Alex.

“Thank you! Thank you a lot!” cried Ethan, hugging the two tightly.

“Cut it out, your suffocating us!” laughed Alex.

“Okay, and you really have my thanks! If you ever need anything, just ask! I’ll return the favor somehow!” exclaimed Ethan.

“Your welcome! We’ll let you know then when we need you! Well, we probably should be getting back to our tribe, and we need to revive Zack and Mach…” replied Joey.

“Hmm, you might want to wait till the morning because it’s getting dark. I’ll go get your friends and make you some nests to sleep in.,” said Ethan.

“Okay, I’ll go get some Oran berries to wake them up!” chirped Alex.

Ethan went to pick up Zack and Mach and brought them into the tree, while Alex collected some Oran berries to feed them. After being give the berries, they woke up to see that they were last to come to. They looked over to the right to see Ethan staring at them.

“AAAH! IT’S THAT ZOROARK!” exclaimed Zack.

“Whoa! Don’t worry, he’s good!” replied Alex.

“Wait, what happened to that Darkrai?” asked Mach.

“Oh, you see, when you were knocked out, it was revealed it was actually a Zoroark that had attacked us!” exclaimed Joey.

“Then what’s the sudden change of heart?” questioned Zack.

“You see, it turned out he attacked us because he was protecting his daughter who was very sick. We helped her out and she should be better soon!” replied Joey.

“Yes, I’m really sorry for attacking you. I was scared you would hurt her. Please forgive me…” pled Ethan.

“Don’t worry, we do! You were just protecting someone you loved, I know how that feels.” Said Zack. At that, Alex blushed.

“Well then, I guess we should eat and go to bed. I’m tired.” Yawned Mach.

With that, they all ate a grand meal of different berries, said their good nights, and slept the night away.

***​

Joey was first to wake up that morning, and saw Zorua sitting at the hole, watching the sun rising. He walked up to her and sat down.

“Hey… how are you feeling?” asked Joey.

“Good! Thank you for healing me, I was in a lot of pain, and now I feel all better!” exclaimed Zorua.

“Oh, your welcome! It’s my pleasure! If there is anything I’ve learned recently, it’s that you should always help someone who is in need!”

“That’s a good thing to live by! By the way, my name’s Georgie.”

Apparently they were being a bit loud because Mach had thrown the chunk of wood he had been using as a pillow at Joey, knocking him out of the tree, and alternately causing him to land on a misfortunate Patrat that had been sleeping under the tree.

“OW, WHAT THE HECK MAN? WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” screeched the Patrat.

“Sorry…” muttered Joey.

The screeching from the Patrat woke everyone else up, and they all went to see what the commotion was.

“JERK!” yelled the Patrat as it ran off to the woods. Joey just gave Mach a hard stare.

“What?” asked Mach innocently.

“Anyways, since you woke us all back up, we might as well make our way back to the tribe.” Mumbled Zack who was still half awake.

“Hey Ethan, I feel better now!” chirped Georgie.

“Yay! I’m so happy your better!” exclaimed Ethan as he hugged her.

“Well, shall we leave?” asked Joey.

“Yes! Leeeeeeet’s Go!” exclaimed Alex. After a sigh, everyone started to make their way back to the tribe.