• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of XYZ

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
They could have replaced one of the boring XYZ fillers with this boring filler and used this for a Serena special.

Rio!

Composer
So he died while his girlfriend and his pokemon are going to spend the rest of the eternity as statues even after he went through all that trouble to find Xerneas? Wow... And i thought the Espurr episode was depressing...
Yeah that was...drama for the sake of drama where nothing was resolved. xD

Its resting place was disturbed. Instant genocidal(?) rampage.

Yeesh what a cranky-pants. So...I guess it was supposed to be all good after Xerneas awakened and 'purified' Yveltal after it was all said and done. WOW.
Kalos' Trio just got some real awkward handling both in-game and anime-wise goodness.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Yeesh what a cranky-pants. So...I guess it was supposed to be all good after Xerneas awakened and 'purified' Yveltal after it was all said and done. WOW.
Kalos' Trio just got some real awkward handling both in-game and anime-wise goodness.
It was more that Xerneas snapped it out of its anger, signified by how Yveltal's eyes stopped glowing and it stopped attacking.

And let's be fair here, legendary pokemon (and pokemon in general) getting angry and going on rampages where extraordinary means are needed to calm them down has been a staple of the anime for a LONG time. It even got clarified by that one Frontier Brain (the one who could directly translate pokemon speech) who said that when a pokemon got angry enough it became impossible to communicate with them.

<><><>

As for this episode, is anyone considering they may see it differently once they can actually understand what is said and happening in it?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So he died while his girlfriend and his pokemon are going to spend the rest of the eternity as statues even after he went through all that trouble to find Xerneas? Wow... And i thought the Espurr episode was depressing...
But wasn't his girlfriend reincarnated into Bonnie's ancestor thingy? I mean, it's still unnecessary climactic drama, but at least that's something.

Also, it's been a while since I've looked at Kalos lore, but what good has Yveltal ever done? I don't want to be prejudice against Dark types, but the thing is essentially the harbinger of death

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
But wasn't his girlfriend reincarnated into Bonnie's ancestor thingy? I mean, it's still unnecessary climactic drama, but at least that's something.

Also, it's been a while since I've looked at Kalos lore, but what good has Yveltal ever done? I don't want to be prejudice against Dark types, but the thing is essentially the harbinger of death

It's a running gag to disturb its rest and trigger its Ursaring-like rage.

Illusio

No words, only rage

It's implied that it joins you because it wants to help you, so it's not all bad, it's more a Grim Reaper then a Disney!Hades.

Still, it needed some serious fleshing out as it joining you felt forced and the only major lore we get about it is that it wakes up and steals life energy.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Yveltal in the games was a creature that understood that death is a part of life, specifically the end of life. Yveltal in the anime is just another bringer of destruction.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
This episode was too dialogue heavy, need subs. And why was he shooting arrows at Yveltal? Didn't he just have a Talonflame or use Gogoat? Maybe someone can fully explain the point of this because I really didn't understand much tbh lol. Felt like I was watching Pokemon in Roman times or whatever.

To be fair his Talonflame did just get blasted by an Oblivion Wing.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It was more that Xerneas snapped it out of its anger, signified by how Yveltal's eyes stopped glowing and it stopped attacking.

And let's be fair here, legendary pokemon (and pokemon in general) getting angry and going on rampages where extraordinary means are needed to calm them down has been a staple of the anime for a LONG time. It even got clarified by that one Frontier Brain (the one who could directly translate pokemon speech) who said that when a pokemon got angry enough it became impossible to communicate with them.

<><><>

As for this episode, is anyone considering they may see it differently once they can actually understand what is said and happening in it?

I think it's important to note that the pokemon legendaries cause rampages similarily to how in old legends gods/mystical monsters caused storms and other natural disasters for people. I honestly think Yveltal would just be an explanation for a big extinction in a remote area or some kind, but it is actually real if that makes sense.

I think it's important to note that the pokemon legendaries cause rampages similarily to how in old legends gods/mystical monsters caused storms and other natural disasters for people. I honestly think Yveltal would just be an explanation for a big extinction in a remote area or some kind, but it is actually real if that makes sense.

I think he's trying to say it's used too much.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
See, this is the kind of thing that has SM going back to the silly.

This has nothing to do with SM or why it's changing. It's because they want a change of atmosphere from the one we had before.

Yveltal in the games was a creature that understood that death is a part of life, specifically the end of life. Yveltal in the anime is just another bringer of destruction.

It's really sad cause it's the only legendary I truly like.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think he's trying to say it's used too much.

Yeah I was just trying to say that's the most common explanation in the past for disasters so it makes sense that its the most common situation in pokemon mythology although they don't have to mimic exactly. I mean if the legendary isn't going to be using it's abilities or doing battle, it won't be a very exciting movie/episode.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I was a little disappointed by this episode. I expected Sycamore and Alexa to actually explore the ruins, taking notes and comparing what they discover to what they already know, and oohing and aahing over new findings. Instead, we got Sycamore's Storytelling Time.

...And it was a very depressing, cliché story, too. A woman begs her lover not to go get himself killed risk his life and challenge a strong, unbeatable enemy, and then ends up sacrificing herself to save him. The man then spends the rest of his life trying in vain to bring back his beloved, and dies by her petrified body.

Why didn't Xerneas un-petrify Isla? Jean did stop those people from setting the tree deer on fire; the least it could have done was repay that kindness and save Isla, but no. I guess Zygarde wasn't too fond of humans back then, either, since its way of delivering order was to blow everyone up.

I was hoping one of the legendary Pokémon would appear in the present, even if Sycamore and Alexa didn't actually meet or see it. A shot of Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde gazing at the ruins, unnoticed by the researchers and reporters, would have been a nice touch. However, that ending shot of all the Zygarde Cores watching Jean and the Bonnie clone was nice, so I guess I will take that.

DatsRight

Talk about a mood killer just before we get the Clemont/Cilan hijinks and wacky Sun/Moon next up. :p

*Cilan bursts onto stage super upbeat to an extremely somber crowd*
Cilan: Are you ready to LAUGH???
Audience member: *sob* That poor girl...
Cilan: I said, are you ready to LAUGH???
Audience member: Quiet, you awful man!

Last edited:

Viex

That was actually a sad episode. The man just dies there because he doesn't want to leave her.

Talk about a mood killer just before we get the Clemont/Cilan hijinks and wacky Sun/Moon next up. :p

*Cilan bursts onto stage super upbeat to an extremely somber crowd*
Cilan: Are you ready to LAUGH???
Audience member: *sob* That poor girl...
Cilan: I said, are you ready to LAUGH???
Audience member: Quiet, you awful man!

I am certainly watching this episode.
I've even added Clemont and Cilan to my shipping list before watching the episode, purely because the preview screams bromance.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Well , this episode sucked TBH.
It shouldn't even exist

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Just watched the Dub, and its got to be said, I found this to be one of the most boring episodes of the anime I've ever watched.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So this got dub, had no idea it would be. Just as boring as the first time.
Any chance the Cilan one is getting this treatment? Cilan's dub actor was one of the last ones I think they chose perfectly, and I'd love to see him voice Cilan one more time.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So this got dub, had no idea it would be. Just as boring as the first time.
Any chance the Cilan one is getting this treatment? Cilan's dub actor was one of the last ones I think they chose perfectly, and I'd love to see him voice Cilan one more time.

No it's not listed in the tv schedules in the upcoming weeks on either CN, Teletoon, or Disney xD