• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of XYZ

Mini0510

I don't understand how Aila was still a statue after xerneas used its powers to give life. In the movie, pikachu was turned into a statue too but it was revived after xerneas used its powers.
Unless Aila was a statue for too long and it was too late to save her.

Pikachu52

I'm not quite sure what the point of this episode was. It was Sycamore and Alexa telling a cliche story of the three Gen VI legendaries featuring a male protagonist bravely fighting to revive his girlfriend whom Yveltal had turned to stone.

The main characters of the episode, didn't do anything noteworthy and were probably on screen for less than half the episode. Jan and his girlfriend weren't fished out as characters, didn't have many lines and had most of their story told rather than shown.

It was as if XYZ was so focused on Zygarde and as a way of compensating for not having Xernas or Yveltal in the main series the writers threw this together last moment.

1/10 - And that's being generous.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm not quite sure what the point of this episode was. It was Sycamore and Alexa telling a cliche story of the three Gen VI legendaries featuring a male protagonist bravely fighting to revive his girlfriend whom Yveltal had turned to stone.

It was as if XYZ was so focused on Zygarde and as a way of compensating for not having Xernas or Yveltal in the main series the writers threw this together last moment.

Not to mention this special is utterly depressing.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Anyways this episode was pretty sad I guess. The main character of the episode reminded me of Alan a little bit, and the girl that turned to stone reminded me a bit of Serena as well. The little girl with the Dedenne at the end definitely felt like she was an ancestor of Bonnie.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Don't see why they chose to dub this special and make it the last episode of the series instead of last week's. And was that really Olympia? Just how old is she??

I for one am glad the XYZ series is finally done. Won't be going back to watch it anytime soon. I'm ready
Sun and moon. Anyone know when it starts airing?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This was the most boring episode after the National Geographic: Littleo Edition episode.

We're supposed to be happy that the land was restored by Xerneas but the couple still gets screwed with the man descending to dementia talking to stone statues? (This kind of anime would have told us they really were talking). It's pretty hilarious that the man set off to strike down Yveltal with...mere arrows, and then we suddenly get a "HEEEEEEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!" moment from said bird appearing right after, close to the cliff where his beloved was, and then boom. Sad tragic story get. A minute barely passed! And he doesn't even care about his Talonflame getting stoned to death... Mirrors Ash's treatment to his bird after its evolution!

I very much dislike how Yveltal is portrayed as an absolute evil in the anime. This coming from a show that constantly tells little children Pokemon are not evil but misguided.

Well, this ends this really weird saga, I guess. Let's book it and take a long island vacation.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, they actually dubbed this episode. I'm utterly shocked and happy at the same time. Hopefully they'll dub the Clemont and Cilan one as well.

While I agree that this episode wasn't the most exciting, I actually quite enjoyed it. I don't think that every episode has to be big and flashy. Sometimes a more simple story, especially one that separates itself from what we normally see, can be quite entertaining. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a great episode, but I don't think it was awful either. What I find especially interesting about this episode is that it's the first time that Xerneas and Yveltal have ever been explicitly linked to Zygarde, as we never got Z Version and the XYZ arc had nothing to do with Xerneas and Yveltal. I bet this episode was made just for that reason.

The one thing that confuses me is the Bonnie ancestor. What was the point of that?I was assuming they were going to make some sort of hint that she was in some way linked to Zygarde, and that Bonnie was a reincarnation of her, thus explaining why Bonnie had a psychic link with Squishy. But no, she just randomly appeared and did absolutely nothing. Olympia's ancestor was at least justified in the fact that they needed some sort of prophet, so making it Olympia's ancestor was a logical choice, but this Bonnie look-alike had no real reason for existing.

Vipsoccermaster

Fair episode, but there's nothing that really stands out. Great that TPCi decided to dub this episode, though.

Doesn't look like we'll get the special with Clemont, Bonnie, and Cilan; they'll either save for later or ignore completely. So it's onto Sun & Moon now. It's one of these times that US gets a break.

EDIT: They should have the episode with Clemont, Bonnie, and Cilan out anyway, since it's the last episode of the XY specials and they dubbed every XY special episode this far.

Last edited:

doofinc

get rillaboomed
EDIT: They should have the episode with Clemont, Bonnie, and Cilan out anyway, since it's the last episode of the XY specials and they dubbed every XY special episode this far.

Yeah all 1/2 specials. The Mega Evolution ones don't really count since they are integral to the series. Also, at least since DP, they stopped dubbing the travelling-companion specials (Brock's brother vs. Latias, Dawn's Quilava evo, Brock x Cilan, Iris and Gible) so it's pretty unlikely that we get the Clemont and Cilan special, especially since it lacks an official dub title as of this point (Legend of X, Y, and Z got the title at the same time as the last 2 dub titles)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm ready
Sun and moon. Anyone know when it starts airing?

I would guess August. This is because starting Saturday, February 11, Disney XD has been airing 6 episodes a week of XY, labeling them "new episodes," and this morning they aired XY19. If they really are going to reair the entirety of XY and XY&Z before starting Sun and Moon, it would start sometime in August. If they really are about to throw us a half-year hiatus like this, at least there's one good thing I can see coming out of this (silver lining): for the first time since Season 10, we would get daily new episodes instead of weekly new episodes.

Also, rewatching XY19 this morning made me realize: what ever happened to those Malamar? Was it just supposed to be implied during the Team Flare arc, since their goals were similar (altering the planet to suit their convenience) that they were under the orders of Xerosic and only after they failed twice did Team Flare decide to go through with the Zygarde plan?

Mirrors Ash's treatment to his bird after its evolution!

Really? Talonflame appeared in 3/3 gym battles after its evolution, including being the only Pokémon other than Ash-Greninja to appear in both iterations of the Wulfric battle. It also costarred in the Olympia battle, which might be the best gym battle I've ever seen.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Eh, I agree it was a lackluster episode, not really anything of importance and so strange after a good lot of episodes.
The girl never returning to her state is sad, also is the dub aware this counts as a dead body right? Sure, she's stone, but it's still a dead body, interesting since they usually shy away.
So Talonflame... It's just lying somewhere made out of stone as well? Or some rock collector picked it up and took it with them unknowing it's actually real, (We don't know where it landed). I feel sorry for them both.
So uh. Olympia and Bonnie have ancient look alikes? Who had the exact same Pokemon? Or was a hint that that child was the ancestor of Bonnie? Maybe the stone girl had a baby before she became stone, and Jan couldn't take care of her in grief so gave her up, and it turns out Bonnie/Clemont are the descendants of this lot. Of course, once again it's a children anime, they aren't going to say that, but I find it suspicious she showed up for no reason, also with a Dedenne. (Maybe she didn't know it was actually her father, but she came around that area because she suspected something.). Or a reincarnation of the stone woman even, perhaps the writers just figured we would figure it out, and didn't want to get into detail/

Don't know about Olympia and her Meowstic deal, maybe she's a time agent, or she is just really old, considering what kind of stuff she got up to.

Oh I think we know where Jan is Professor, his skeleton and Gogoat's skeleton is probably still in the area, or in the water, but since it's a children show it would be not a good idea to actually show the body, doubt anyone ever moved them, for all we know Gogoat somehow helped bury him, and then went to die in a nearby cave.
Well it's a shame it wasn't better, and many questions will never be answered. Honestly if this was a explanation of Bonnie's descendant, and explains why Squishy chose her, because the cells always knew, then that would make sense, maybe it was but the writers were too scared to actually admit it, especially if Jan and his beloved weren't married.
Episode also reminds me of Ghost of Maiden's Peak,

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well this special ended up being pretty much what I was expecting. I liked seeing the past, especially Olympia's ancestor. Yveltal and Xerneas got less screentime than I would've liked, but at least this special gave us a nice final appearance by professor Sycamore and Alexa. :]

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This special seemed like a typical case of "too little, too late", which is the norm in this show. Sigh. I think Yveltal and Xerneas deserved so much more than this and it's sad how we got stuck with Alexa of all characters. R.I.P XY&Z.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose that since we had seen Yveltal and Xerneas already in the seventeenth movie, we had already gotten pretty much their whole story, so there wasn't much else to explore here. It seemed as if the writers of this special didn't have anything new to show regarding those two Legendaries, so they gave them small roles. At least we saw Pansy again.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I suppose that since we had seen Yveltal and Xerneas already in the seventeenth movie, we had already gotten pretty much their whole story, so there wasn't much else to explore here. It seemed as if the writers of this special didn't have anything new to show regarding those two Legendaries, so they gave them small roles. At least we saw Pansy again.

I totally agree on the last point. I was totally shocked there was no Ash/Alexa scene near the end of Kalos for him to thank her for everything she had done for him. His whole Kalos adventure wouldn't have happened without her. On top of that, I can't even remember when their last-ever conversation was

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well at least this one gave Xerneas and Yveltal a chance to appear in XYZ and not just limited to the movies. It was good to see Alexa after a long time of her not making a major appearance in an episode. It was quite nice to see a Olympia lookalike, who like Olympia, has a male and a female Meowstic and both have the same voice actor and a Bonnie lookalike who also has a Dedenne. But it reexplained the legend we all know about Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde and their abilities and that certainly wasn't the most interesting part

Leonhart

Imagineer
I totally agree on the last point. I was totally shocked there was no Ash/Alexa scene near the end of Kalos for him to thank her for everything she had done for him. His whole Kalos adventure wouldn't have happened without her. On top of that, I can't even remember when their last-ever conversation was

It is kind of odd how Pansy and Satoshi didn't get much time to interact with each other in Kalos, and this could've been a better episode if we had seen them meet up one last time.