• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
I just watched the Nintendo Direct for Hyrule Warriors. I know, I know its kinda late. The Nintendo Direct changed my opinion on the game I might be per-ordering it from Amazon. It will be interesting how much Cia shows up because she is the only reason why I might not buy the game, but because of the rating I will be more excepting of the game. I hope it is as fun as it looks. This next year will really drain my wallet. Why you do this to me NINTENDO!?!?!??!?!? If I add up all the games I am getting lets see how much its going to cost. 40 for SSB3ds + 40 for Omega Ruby + 60 for Captain Toad Treasure Tracker + 60 for Xenoblade Chronicles X + 60 for SSBWiiU + 60 for Zelda Wii U + 60 to 80 for any Amiibos I want to buy equals $400. Also if I get Hyrule Warriors its $460. Then there is also Splatoon, thats equals $520. I don't know if I forgot any games coming out, but I can't get a job yer (under 14) so I don't have that kind of money.
EDIT:
Plus 30 for Pokemon art academy, it will be $550 dollars. :(

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
Whew, that's a lot of cash! I haven't gotten that much in my entire life!

Seriously, though, I'd probably try to get all of them in the future. With the number of games I want to get and can play at the moment steadily decreasing, it's only a matter of time until I'm forced to move on with my gaming life. Then a ton of awesome games will fall into my grasp... Kekekeke....

Zephraxe

I just watched the Nintendo Direct for Hyrule Warriors. I know, I know its kinda late. The Nintendo Direct changed my opinion on the game I might be per-ordering it from Amazon. It will be interesting how much Cia shows up because she is the only reason why I might not buy the game, but because of the rating I will be more excepting of the game. I hope it is as fun as it looks. This next year will really drain my wallet. Why you do this to me NINTENDO!?!?!??!?!? If I add up all the games I am getting lets see how much its going to cost. 40 for SSB3ds + 40 for Omega Ruby + 60 for Captain Toad Treasure Tracker + 60 for Xenoblade Chronicles X + 60 for SSBWiiU + 60 for Zelda Wii U + 60 to 80 for any Amiibos I want to buy equals $400. Also if I get Hyrule Warriors its $460. Then there is also Splatoon, thats equals $520. I don't know if I forgot any games coming out, but I can't get a job yer (under 14) so I don't have that kind of money.
EDIT:
Plus 30 for Pokemon art academy, it will be $550 dollars. :(

That's a ton of money... I'm glad I don't want that many games, I would go poor.

Whew, that's a lot of cash! I haven't gotten that much in my entire life!

Seriously, though, I'd probably try to get all of them in the future. With the number of games I want to get and can play at the moment steadily decreasing, it's only a matter of time until I'm forced to move on with my gaming life. Then a ton of awesome games will fall into my grasp... Kekekeke....

And how will those awesome games fall into your grasp?

Oh, NEW TOPIC!

What things would you like to see in Zelda Wii U?

For me...? I would say that there needs to be a bunch of random dungeons that have no actual part of the main story line. There also needs to be a lot of side quests.... That's basically what I love about Skyrim, so why not put it in Zelda?

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
>Games falling into my grasp:
By 'moving on in my gaming life', I meant saving up the cash to get the current systems. But I think I've complained about that waaaay too much.

>Zelda U:
I'd be fine with extraneous dungeons, as long as they aren't as complicated as the main ones. I'd really like to see a variation of Xenoblade's sidequest system, minus the in-party affinity aspect ('cuz Link can't party, apparently. Go figure). I really hope Link's outfit doesn't end up like the pajamas, Skyloft Acadamy, and shirtless outfits (unused beyond the beginning aside from the occasional easter egg). I really want to travel in something other than the story-required tunics!

...And Fierce Deity Alt in Smash. Looks like Dark Link has some competition for the 'Most Used Link Alt' title!

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
>Zelda Wii U
I would like to see an expensive world just like they showed in the trailer for the game at E3. If they really don't make it that big I will be really disappointed in Nintendo. I think it will be just as big because the trailer was made using the in-game engine, so I think we are safe there.
>New 3DS
How about that New 3DS thing going on. I like how they are moving into more powerful hardware for the same price, but come on change the name. Parents will be so confused about which console to get there children. I mean the names are confusing as they are right now. There is a DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS. Then they add a new one called the New 3DS. Now the rant is over I would like to say why I brought this up in the first place. A new Zelda game. We are bound to get one as it is a new console, but what would you like to see out of it. A top down like the last game or more Ocarina of Time 3D. I would prefer a 3D Zelda game because I want to see what they can do with the new hardware. Yeah A Link Between Worlds looked beautiful, but I didn't quite like it like everyone else. Every single person, but me liked it the most out of all top down. I would prefer a Twilight Princess look because that would be harder to achieve.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I agree on changing the name of the New 3DS. I remember seeing a letter in an issue of ONM saying that the Wii U should change its name because otherwise people would think it was a regular Wii with a new controller.
I don't usually buy consoles for Zelda games, but I brought a Wii U just for The Wind Waker HD.
Anyway, NINTENDO, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE A SPIRIT TRACKS SEQUEL? I GET THAT IT WOULD PROBABLY SET THE INTERNET ABLAZE, BUT I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THE THING AT THE END OF THE GAME WASN'T JUST AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE GAME MORE KID-FRIENDLY. D= /end caps abuse

fitzy909

Just another guy
Zelda U
Like most I wish to see a game with lots of areas to discover and explore. One that requires fast travel to make it possible to traverse. I'd also like to see more interaction with people. Being able to ask questions and similar things. Basically, a cross between Elder Scrolls and Zelda. I want it to still be distinctly Zelda, but take some pages from Elder Scrolls' book. I don't want it to get too swamped down with gameplay from other games, which is why I am glad to hear it won't be like other open world games.

New 3DS
I feel sorry for unsuspecting parents. Imagine being told a game only works on a New 3DS, but they only have a 3DS that they bought today, so a new one. That will cause confusion no doubt, but I do like the added features. We can have Zelda, Metroid or FPS games with dual analogue sticks and more triggers. That is the one problem people complain about the hardware with Vita, is having only two triggers. Nintendo are definitely making this a handheld to be able to manage any and all games.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Friendly bump. :]

So, I got Hyrule Warriors yesterday and got to play for a bit. As someone who has never played Dynasty Warriors before, I actually like this game so far. o.o Only played through two scenarios, though.
I unlocked Impa and Sheik, and I'm planning to try them out sometime later.
Hmmm... the DLC for Dark Link's costume is tempting, but at the same time, not sure when I plan to put eShop money in again after pre-ordering the Mario Kart 8 DLC. x.x *wallet draining even further*

Zephraxe

Friendly bump. :]

So, I got Hyrule Warriors yesterday and got to play for a bit. As someone who has never played Dynasty Warriors before, I actually like this game so far. o.o Only played through two scenarios, though.
I unlocked Impa and Sheik, and I'm planning to try them out sometime later.
Hmmm... the DLC for Dark Link's costume is tempting, but at the same time, not sure when I plan to put eShop money in again after pre-ordering the Mario Kart 8 DLC. x.x *wallet draining even further*

You got Hyrule Warriors? Awesome! I'm going to get it, I'm just not sure when. How much DLC is there?

Shadow Furret

Don't use rare candy
I would like to see A Shadow of the Collossus-esque boss fight where you have to climb a giant Ganondorf or something. I also would like game pad feature the increases item control

fitzy909

Just another guy
I have had a Hyrule Warriors for a week now. It is really fun. I actually really like Lana as a character, both to play as and in the story. The story isn;t that bad and I'm now working through the Adventure mode. There's so much to do in this game, but I will say that I doubt I will 100% it, because it took The Completionist 240 hours to 100% it. I do not have that much time.

Zephraxe

I have had a Hyrule Warriors for a week now. It is really fun. I actually really like Lana as a character, both to play as and in the story. The story isn;t that bad and I'm now working through the Adventure mode. There's so much to do in this game, but I will say that I doubt I will 100% it, because it took The Completionist 240 hours to 100% it. I do not have that much time.

How have you had it a week? I thought it came out yesterday.

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
Release date(s)

JP August 14, 2014

EU September 19, 2014
AUS September 20, 2014

NA September 26, 2014

That's how, must be Australian or European. I might buy the game, still on the fence. If you can think of something to amaze me into buying the game say it now.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hmm, I don't see my username on the member list anymore... did I get deleted due to inactivity, or what? Here's my old signup info just in case:

Name: Kiruria
What sword does the Hero of Time use? The Masamune. Whoops, wrong game and wrong Hero of Time. In A Link to the Past and beyond, the Master Sword... though Link wasn't even called the Hero of Time prior to Ocarina of Time.
Job: Milk Bartender None I guess.

Anyway, I'm not really that excited about Hyrule Warriors, primarily since I don't have a Wii U and am not ready to buy an entire new game system just for that one game. I usually don't buy a new console until there are several new games I really like on it - I did that for the 3DS in the wake of Pokemon X/Y, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and other such games. I LOVED A Link Between Worlds, as not only was it beautiful, it was really nostalgic for me since A Link to the Past was the first Zelda game I ever played. I have played and replayed that game several times in my absence - it's just really fun to try and collect everything such as the Maiamais and the upgraded items, plus exploring is just as fun as it was in A Link to the Past.

Also in my absence, I finally finished my first playthrough of Ocarina of Time, after over two years since starting it, and over ten years since getting the game. I played it on the Game Cube, as I had it as part of the Zelda Collector's Edition disc which included it plus the first two games and Majora's Mask (and some Wind Waker previews). I started a Majora's Mask playthrough after that, but haven't gotten too far as of yet (I left off just before the Deku Palace arc); and besides, I had already watched a friend play through the entire thing a couple of years ago.

I don't have much opinion on a new Zelda game for the Wii U as I don't really care due to not having a Wii U, but I think I prefer seeing something completely original (perhaps something in the same bizarre timeline branch as Majora's Mask - even a very loose sequel to that game) rather than a direct sequel/remake to something. I would like to see a 3D version of Majora's Mask though for the 3DS, seeing as Ocarina of Time got one.

Speaking of the 3DS, while I understand the need for improvements with the new 3DS, I don't like the fact that certain games are going to be exclusive for it. It's just not fair to those of us who don't mind the original 3DS and don't see the need for the extra controls. Then again, Nintendo pulled off a similar thing when the Game Boy Color came out (certain games were only compatible with it and not the original Game Boy), so I guess I shouldn't complain about it too much. If I see a New 3DS-exclusive game I really like, I might consider getting one.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
You got Hyrule Warriors? Awesome! I'm going to get it, I'm just not sure when. How much DLC is there?
There's actually a fairly decent amount of DLC for this game. Some of them I also had to look up. o.o

As far as I know, if you preordered your copy at GameStop, they would give you a free download code for the OoT costumes. And the same method applied with preordering from Amazon or Best Buy, except instead of OoT costumes, you'd get a download code for TP costumes (from Amazon) or SS costumes (from Best Buy). Then, there's the Demon King costume set for Ganondorf given out by Club Nintendo for free, if you register your copy between September 26 and October 23rd. If you somehow cannot obtain the other costume packs, I think they're planning to eventually make them available on the eShop, but they have yet to announce the timing and pricing for that.

It also seems that there are four other DLC packs coming soon, too.
- Master Quest Pack: New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes (coming October 16, supposedly worldwide) [I found out that Epona is the "weapon".]
- Twilight Princess Pack: New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes (coming November 2014 for Japan, December 2014 for North America)
- Majora's Mask Pack: Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes (coming January 2015 for Japan, February 2015 for North America)
- Boss Pack: Two new games modes (coming February 2015 for Japan, March 2015 for North America)
And that if these are preordered through the eShop, you're given a Dark Link costume for free. It costs $19.99 here, but hmmm... it's very tempting for me at the moment. x_x;
[Edit: Had to double check on the release dates to be sure I saw them correctly. Unfortunately, I haven't found much details for Europe yet.]

Speaking of DLC content, I believe there's a free DLC for the playable characters Cia, Wizzro, and Volga that just started in Japan (as of yesterday, since they're always a day ahead). We won't be able to get it till October 16th, however.
But omg... I'm actually fond of Cia's alternate costume. Despite the bust size, she looks much less scandalous than her default, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Zephraxe

Hello, I would like the join this club, did I put everything correctly?

Username: DarkLucarioADV
What sword does the Hero of Time use: The Master Sword
Job: None

You are accepted! Welcome to the Legend of Zelda club! You may pick up a Gaurd rank user bar for your sig in the OP.

On another note... Chapter has been inactive for quite awhile now. I am thinking that I should restart this club, so that I will be able to maintain it.
I need a vote from all of the currently active members to say if if you agree or disagree with this notion.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
On another note... Chapter has been inactive for quite awhile now. I am thinking that I should restart this club, so that I will be able to maintain it.
I need a vote from all of the currently active members to say if if you agree or disagree with this notion.
Just saw this edit, I'd say go for it. Perhaps the OP would be maintained better under active new management, especially the member list. (He listed me as Lanaryu instead of SilverLanayru, for some reason.) But I'd say to also hold on to the artwork while remaking the club. Sworn Metalhead's banner for the club looks pretty. :3

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Anyone seen the Strongest Link video? The Spirit Tracks hate in that video hurts my heart. </3

Status
Not open for further replies.