• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
So I have heard a lot of controversy over the design of Shia, the games antagonist, but what do you think?

Personally, her design doesn't bother me. Yes, her character has been... accentuated a little too much, but that is most likely an influence from the team behind Dynasty Warriors, Team Ninja. (who made Other M) This more... adult look will almost certainly not carry over to the next game, but the design isn't anything to get worked up about. This game is taking a mature approach to Zelda and I say if they want to do it then go for it. It isn't like we haven't had female characters like this before. ( *cough* TP great fairy *cough*)

Let's not forget about the n64 Great Fairies, either. They were both terribly accentuated and terrifying... *Shivers* There's a reason no one bothers with that mask any more than necessary...

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I'm not scared easily, but the OOT fairies were weird. O_O I thought LOZ was one of the more sensible Japanese things...

Guys, I'm having a mental debate over if I should join Zelda Dungeon or not. Should I? I don't want to end up making myself feel like an idiot...

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
So I have heard a lot of controversy over the design of Shia, the games antagonist, but what do you think?

Personally, her design doesn't bother me. Yes, her character has been... accentuated a little too much, but that is most likely an influence from the team behind Dynasty Warriors, Team Ninja. (who made Other M) This more... adult look will almost certainly not carry over to the next game, but the design isn't anything to get worked up about. This game is taking a mature approach to Zelda and I say if they want to do it then go for it. It isn't like we haven't had female characters like this before. ( *cough* TP great fairy *cough*)

I think it's slightly overdone, but I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure the game has blood, too, so it'll probably either be a Teen or Mature rating from ESRB.
And, um, yeah, MedMana makes a good point with the MM and OoT Great Faries. I mean... Eh... Let's not go there, actually. *Shivers*

I'm excited for it. Metroid: Other M was incredible, so I doubt that Zelda: Other Z Hyrule Warriors could be anything but incredible.

Also, I believe that Zelda WiiU was confirmed for 2014. Rejoice!! LOL

Zephraxe

I think it's slightly overdone, but I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure the game has blood, too, so it'll probably either be a Teen or Mature rating from ESRB.
And, um, yeah, MedMana makes a good point with the MM and OoT Great Faries. I mean... Eh... Let's not go there, actually. *Shivers*

I'm excited for it. Metroid: Other M was incredible, so I doubt that Zelda: Other Z Hyrule Warriors could be anything but incredible.

Also, I believe that Zelda WiiU was confirmed for 2014. Rejoice!! LOL

Finally, another person who actually liked Metroid: Other M! I thought it was awesome, but many disagree...

Wait, Zelda WiiU?! YEAH! I'm totally going to watch E3 now!

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Favorite ending to an LOZ game?
Sorry I know that this out of the blue but I really love the darkness and finality of TP. It was perfect, dark, bloody, and justice was brought to Ganon. Not my fave LOZ but damn great ending ANYWAY
I changed my name yup yup yeah And yes it was confirmed for 2014

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
Chapter you still haven't added me to the roster of people and only one more day until Nintend E3. I can't wait, I watched some of the titles coming out for XBox One, I did really like them that much. I hope Zelda Wii U is a sequel to Twilight Princess.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I'm surprised I haven't joined this yet. ;w;

Username: SilverLanayru
What sword does the Hero of Time use: Master Sword (The Blade of Evil's Bane)
Job: None

Zephraxe

IN THE NAME OF HYLIA, THE NEW ZELDA GAME LOOKS AMAZING!

Did you see it?! The large, expansive Hyrule?! It looks... *Wipes tear away* BEAUTIFUL! Just yesterday, I was saying that the only thing that could make The Legend of Zelda better is a huge world... It's exactly what they're doing! I am so excited!

Also, did ya see Hyrule Warriors?! You can play as Midna! This is the only other thing we needed... An action based Zelda game!

I'm surprised I haven't joined this yet. ;w;

Username: SilverLanayru
What sword does the Hero of Time use: Master Sword (The Blade of Evil's Bane)
Job: None

Also, welcome, SilverLanayru! You can pick up a Gaurd Rank user bar on the OP!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Thanks for the accept. ^^

And yeah, I was watching the stream earlier (but with no volume because I was in class). All I can say is... Nintendo has officially murdered my wallet. x_x;
Thank the goddesses, the graphics are looking extremely amazing for the next Zelda game on Wii U~
I'm also hyped for Hyrule Warriors! Midna would be something I'd also use, besides Link. xP

Woba Fett

kkkkkklkllmlkmklmlkm
Username: Woba Fett
What Sword does the Hero of Time use: Master Sword
Job: none (I'm new to this so I don't know much about them. Willing to accept one if needed though)

Zephraxe

Thanks for the accept. ^^

And yeah, I was watching the stream earlier (but with no volume because I was in class). All I can say is... Nintendo has officially murdered my wallet. x_x;
Thank the goddesses, the graphics are looking extremely amazing for the next Zelda game on Wii U~
I'm also hyped for Hyrule Warriors! Midna would be something I'd also use, besides Link. xP

Nintendo's draining my wallet, too! xD I can't wait to be Midna in Hyrule Warriors!

Job: none (I'm new to this so I don't know much about them. Willing to accept one if needed though)

Welcome, Woba Fett! You can pick up a Guard Rank user bar from the OP!

Woba Fett

kkkkkklkllmlkmklmlkm
I was on the fence for Hyrule Warriors but this trailer just sold it for me.

Also Zelda U, I've been interested in but it wasn't until the trailer that the full hype for the game hit me

Zephraxe

Zelda Wii U looks beautiful and the release date is 2015. Hey guys Zelda Wii U = The Elder Scrolls VI: Zelda

I was thinking more on the lines of Elder Scrolls VI: Hyrule, since each game seems to be named after the land you're in.

I was on the fence for Hyrule Warriors but this trailer just sold it for me.

Also Zelda U, I've been interested in but it wasn't until the trailer that the full hype for the game hit me

Same here! One thing in the Zelda Wii U trailer that stood out to me was the art... That monster was awesome. That bow that Link had... that looked freaking awesome! It had a magic device on it of some sort...

Link himself looked a bit different, too. He looked... Younger than adult Link normally does.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
STAVEN FOR HYRULE WARRIIIIOOORRRRSSS. =D
Fun fact: Link, Zelda and you will never be Alphonse Elric Alfonzo aren't the ONLY characters in Spirit Tracks! *jabs thumb towards deviantART*

Remember, these graphics for Zelda U may not be final.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Wow, I've been inactive for quite a while... just goes to show how often I typically post in clubs, I guess... Anyway, thought I'd reply to stuff.

Hi everyone, sorry for not being very active in here I apologize. Well, I finally made it to Lorule, I've been playing Link Between Worlds quite a bit this week.

Whaddaya know, I've been playing a lot of ALBW lately as well! I just finished rescuing the seven sages and have made a good dent in Lorule Castle. I'm actually really liking this game, and I'm having fun pointing out the resemblances between it and not just A Link to the Past, but Ocarina of Time as well. I find it amusing how many OoT elements were inserted there, such as:
- The Milk Bar (I dunno if this was in OoT, but it was in Majora's Mask which was a direct sequel to it and used the same engine, so... And OoT did have milk available at Lon Lon Ranch.)
- The music that plays when you're in someone's house
- Using Cuccos to fly to places (I believe this has been a staple in the series ever since OoT)
- The overworld theme of ALBW seems to be a fusion of that of ALttP and OoT.
- The meeting with the seven sages seems more reminiscent of OoT, with the design of the room the sages are in, as well as the sages all being distinct characters rather than identical-looking young ladies

I also like how the bosses in this game are reminiscent of those in ALttP, but have been updated significantly, either with new forms or having their difficulty mediated (yay, the giant Moldorm no longer regains all its health when you fall off the battlefield). I still have yet to find the Pegasus Boots in this game, oddly enough; heck, I'm not even sure if they are in this game (they certainly were in ALttP). Leave it to me to fail to find a faster mode of transportation in a Zelda game... I'm well into my first playthrough of OoT and still am having trouble rescuing Epona (I just can't win those stupid horse races).

I'm not scared easily, but the OOT fairies were weird. O_O

You mean the Great Fairies, right? Because the regular ones looked like little balls of light with wings (like Navi). But seriously, what were they thinking with the Great Fairy's design!? Not only does she not look like a fairy at all, she has a really creepy laugh and looks more like some weird stripper. Every time I visit one, I get the feeling she's trying to torment Link rather than heal him.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
^ Yeah, I meant the great fairies. X3

Chapter

hello, im back sorta

Accepted!

As is the other member, wherever your signup is.
The new trailer from E3: SO COOL!
But I think it is in fact link because:
Same earrings
Link still has a ponytail
Same casual wear as WW

EDIT:

IDK if this was a long time ago or if it was recent and I never posted it here, but

PKMNNinja is in fact a Knight. Rank up? IDK if I posted this in the past so just for clarification.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Accepted!

As is the other member, wherever your signup is.
The new trailer from E3: SO COOL!
But I think it is in fact link because:
Same earrings
Link still has a ponytail
Same casual wear as WW
If you were referring to me, my signup form was in the previous page. xD (Btw, saw the first post, it's SilverLanayru; unless you want to shorten it. lol)
And yeah, I actually do think that's Link, too. I'm a little content with his appearance in that Zelda game so far. o.o
I kinda wonder about the advance in technology with this game, though. The enemy and the bow weapon shown in the trailer looks a little more advanced compared to previous games.

... speaking of cel-shade graphics, however, I need to finish my playthrough of Wind Waker: HD sometime. ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.