• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Not really...I've been playing Zelda for years now and imo ST is still the best handheld game from playing. It basically does what PH wanted to do, only right with some really great characterization too.

For handheld Zeldas imo it's like this:
Spirit Tracks > Link's Awakening > Minish Cap > Oracle series > Phantom Hourglass
Eh your list doesn't do anything else that I wouldn't do just mine goes....
Links Awakening>Spirit Tracks>Oracles>Minish Cap>Phantom Hourglass.

Slick

Banned
tl;dr, but from title, I agree with the article.

Profesco

gone gently
I'm taking my time playing it, and it's been pretty fun. Certainly some more difficult challenges once in a while than with Phantom Hourglass, at least, but not that much more difficult, imo.

I haven't finished it yet, so I'm reserving a final opinion, but so far, I liked the overworld and the dungeons in PH better. I'm kind of leaning towards favoring PH's characters, too (except Zelda- I too think it's great to finally see some more of her involved in the story, and this Zelda is a hoot!). But that's no reason for me to contrast the two. I just enjoy playing both games. ^_^

Minish Cap and Wind Waker were also both fun, if easy. I suppose I simply enjoy the cel-shaded art form moreso than the darker titles. WW happens to be my favorite game in the series (I enjoyed the swordplay in that game more than any other one). Then again, I'm not a very thorough Zelda enthusiast; just a happy player.

MetaPheonixPal

On my way to the Sand Temple place. Is the Sand Temple the last temple? And then I go off to do whatever I need to do to fight the Final Boss?

MrPostman

Viceroy
But why though? I know they're supposed to be a challenge, but arbitrarily making them immune to cannons is a bit of a cop-out or something.

Edit: Do I ever get to destroy them at least?

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
No.

This game is seriously awesome though. I might go do some side quest now or collect anything i have missed.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
But why though? I know they're supposed to be a challenge, but arbitrarily making them immune to cannons is a bit of a cop-out or something.

Edit: Do I ever get to destroy them at least?

The idea behind the whole invincible trains thing is to make you think strategically about how to travel and what routes to take across the land. I suppose in a sense it was supposed to be a parallel to real train travel; If you're travelling down the same track as another train, you're risking a head-on collision.

And you do eventually get to pwn some demon trains in the Demon Realm, where you collect Tears Of Light on the tracks which cause you to immunity and the ability to simply run into demon trains to destroy them. The Tears Of Light are temporary however, and the whole demon realm really is like a grand-scale game of Pac-Man.

Ammako

I think Spirit Tracks is too much derived from Phantom Hourglass...
If you think about it, most of the elements so far (I've reached 1st temple) are inspired from Phantom Hourglass.
The Spirit Tower is a Temple of the Ocean King.
These Spirit Tracks maps are Ocean maps.
Hey, even the intro at the start of the game is derived from Phantom Hourglass!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If you think about it, most of the elements so far (I've reached 1st temple) are inspired from Phantom Hourglass.
So don't play if they're using the same engine for a game which is doing as much is capable.

HERLS

LOLOLOL

Just like how Majora's Mask copied way too much from Ocarina Of Time, amirite?

hey guys, I'm just finding treasure I've left in the game and you know the one on floor five at the Tower of Spirits? How do I get to that chest? the one guarded by rocks and I can't bypass the fire. It's over the east side of the room.

BCVM22

Zelda titles on the same hardware sharing the same engine and similar features? How dare they?! Someone needs to launch an investigation into this.

I nominate you. Go, find out what you can and report back.