• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Torpoleon

Zelda wank-fest, go!

Anyway, the final boss battle theme may just be the best song in Zelda history. Yeah. I said it.

Molegra can suck it for all I care. :D
So I guess I can't wait to fight Malladus then! (Although I could find the boss music on You Tube though.

I could go and get to Malladus now, but I'm just doing some side quests. Now I just have to find out where Ferrus is because he found something "neato" at the Ocean Temple although he is not there.

Wat.
Amen. Spirit Tracks may not be an overall favourite among the Zelda games, but in terms of music? It's up there with the best of them. Pretty much all of the music in the game is badass, not to mention they brought back the Linebeck theme, one of the only good songs in Phantom Hourglass.

I found all of Phantom Hourglass's music to be good, it's just that there were too few songs.
Also, Linebeck is win.

Slick

Banned

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I found all of Phantom Hourglass's music to be good, it's just that there were too few songs.
Also, Linebeck is win.

I can only actually remember four songs - the Linebeck theme, the Ocean King theme, the overworld theme and the town theme. Anything else is too generic for me to even remember it, to be honest. I mean, the dungeon music? I can't remember it as such, but I swear it was just like a couple of notes playing over and over again in front of an ambient cave background. All but the songs I mentioned above, and all variations of them, were eiher too generic to remember, or ripped straight from Wind Waker (enemy battle music, fairy theme etc.).

Compared to pretty much any other Zelda game, Phantom Hourglass has terribly indistinct music.

Pikachu78

Spider-Dan
I got this game with New Super Mario Bros Wii. And this is much better I'm in love with it!!!
I am enjoying the epic/weird 2nd boss at the momment.

jellsprout

Kinstone fusion offered.....skill upgrades(fuse with the sword masters 3 of them that is to have your charge meter go faster and such) the silver arrows, the magical boomerang, a 4th bottle quest(like how lots of LoZ games have) lots of heart containers, rupees, little quirks in the overworld with people, getting to a house for something(in the fields), and way more. To say there was little reward is absolutely insane.

Those were very few. The majority of kinstones only gave rupees or another kinstone.

And Easy? Where the hell did you finish the game? Its either your such a 1337 man you shouldn't be playing LoZ games or you quit some time before the wind quest.

It took me two days and about two hours to finish MC for the first time. Before that, my shortest first playthrough through a Zelda game was two weeks for WW.

Thinking PH is the bigger and better one with more difficulty cause of 3 dungeons and a bigger OW is a recipe for disaster.

How's that? More dungeons, while the small quests between the dungeons were of about the same size does indeed mean the game was bigger.
Better is also because of other factors, such as a higher difficulty, more innovation and better characters.

but what is there really to do in Phantom Hourglass after completing it, aside from collecting the odd unneccessary upgrade, going to Dee Ess and Maze Island, and trying to beat your previous time in the Ocean King's temple?

Spirit Gems, fishing, collecting the boat parts, the cannon game on Bannon Island, Shooting Gallery on Molida Island, Goron Roll Race on Dee-Ess Island, Maze Island and finding all hidden islands.

The overworld, for the record, was the same size in both games (four quadrants of near enough equal size)

Although the maps or of near equal size, you aren't limited to the train tracks. This gives you a far larger area to explore.

not to mention bags more postgame content.

Such as? Bunnies, Force Gems, train parts, three mini-games and a few hidden stations? That is a little less than what PH had to offer.

and as fun as it was, it lacked some of the features of Zelda that, to me, have become essential; replayability,

To be honest, I don't really feel the urge to now play ST again either.

sidequest content,

About the same as all other 2D Zelda games.

a wealth of charismatic characters

Lineback wasn't charismatic enough for you? There were also plenty of charismatic NPC's, such as Jolene and Joanne.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Those were very few. The majority of kinstones only gave rupees or another kinstone.
The majority might have but the quests to just find em was fun enough, no?
It took me two days and about two hours to finish MC for the first time. Before that, my shortest first playthrough through a Zelda game was two weeks for WW.
Damn dude, you mean without 100 precenting it? If so then you seriously play too slow. I finished OoT in about roughly 70 hours with 100% and MM
with about 60-65. Zelda games do not take 2 weeks to finish 100 or not. And if you mean 2 weeks in the amount of days passed, it doesn't really count. The hours on your file do.
How's that? More dungeons, while the small quests between the dungeons were of about the same size does indeed mean the game was bigger.
Better is also because of other factors, such as a higher difficulty, more innovation and better characters.
By bigger and better I meant the superior one. And higher difficulty? That is kinda....strange. PH was the first Zelda I didn't die in from lack of difficulty and that's the case for most people.
Spirit Gems, fishing, collecting the boat parts, the cannon game on Bannon Island, Shooting Gallery on Molida Island, Goron Roll Race on Dee-Ess Island, Maze Island and finding all hidden islands.
Once you found the Dee -Ess Island and Maze Island, there's no much left to find when it comes to islands.
Although the maps or of near equal size, you aren't limited to the train tracks. This gives you a far larger area to explore.
Yeah cause having roughly 16 or so islands to explore which are pretty small and a vastly empty sea is nothing like 20 or so stations which have pretty small areas and a vastly empty land.
Such as? Bunnies, Force Gems, train parts, three mini-games and a few hidden stations? That is a little less than what PH had to offer.
One minigame less. WOW.

Last edited:

jellsprout

Yes without 100%, the time it took to simply beat the game. I don't know the hours it took, I don't even know if it was counted in the handheld games, but I'd guess it was around 8 hours for MC and around 30 hours for WW.

Dying isn't the only part of difficulty. Although I haven't died in any Zelda since WW (except by stupid stuff, such as getting hit by a fire arrow in TP while wearing the Zora outfit before knowing it did 10 hearts damage or getting closed in by two trains in ST while not paying attention), so I can't really say anything about that.
The puzzles are also an important part of difficulty. And every puzzle in ST were either already done before in PH or were too obvious. The only difficult part was getting the mic to register your blows.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yes without 100%, the time it took to simply beat the game. I don't know the hours it took, I don't even know if it was counted in the handheld games, but I'd guess it was around 8 hours for MC and around 30 hours for WW.
.........Your complaint with TMC is that it took you 8 hours to finish it? Well....then I can't say anything cause there is nothing to say.
Dying isn't the only part of difficulty. Although I haven't died in any Zelda since WW (except by stupid stuff, such as getting hit by a fire arrow in TP while wearing the Zora outfit before knowing it did 10 hearts damage or getting closed in by two trains in ST while not paying attention), so I can't really say anything about that.
The puzzles are also an important part of difficulty. And every puzzle in ST were either already done before in PH or were too obvious. The only difficult part was getting the mic to register your blows.
I know it's not the only part but I'm saying that as an example like the difficulty of the enemies isn't too great. And you didn't know bout the fire weakness? Its in the effing description of the armor in your menu ffs!
Whoa whoa whoa. PH had more difficult puzzles? While I played it and not ST yet, I spoiled the game and saw it entirely played. Some of the puzzles we're not so obvious and really stuck out. If anything the puzzles in PH were obvious and have been seen before.

Dattebayo

Banned
Does anyone know where I can find more heart containers; I want to get some before I go to the Tower of Spirits after beating the Fire Temple.

jellsprout

I think this is how you got them:

[spoil]1-3: You start with these.
4-8: From boss battles.
9: Buy from the Snow Sancuary shop.
10: Capture 5 bunnies and talk to the bunny guy.
11: Score over 4,000 in the Pirate Hideout minigame.
12: Get a time under 1:15 in that whip slinging minigame.
13: Get over 60 hits on the castle guards in the guard training minigame.
14: Complete the first room in Take Them All On.
15: Get from the Edge of the World station.
16: Become Gold Member at Beedle's shop.[/spoil]

Slick

Banned
I think this is how you got them:

[spoil]1-3: You start with these.
4-8: From boss battles.
9: Buy from the Snow Sancuary shop.
10: Capture 5 bunnies and talk to the bunny guy.
11: Score over 4,000 in the Pirate Hideout minigame.
12: Get a time under 1:15 in that whip slinging minigame.
13: Get over 60 hits on the castle guards in the guard training minigame.
14: Complete the first room in Take Them All On.
15: Get from the Edge of the World station.
16: Become Gold Member at Beedle's shop.[/spoil]

Dayum. I only JUST got 60 hits..

Edge of the World station?

Dattebayo

Banned
Edge of the World station?

I think he's talking about that place at the Ocean Rail that is hard to reach unless you do a certain sidequest to unlock the rails to it.

Murton

Once you were lost.
I think he's talking about that place at the Ocean Rail that is hard to reach unless you do a certain sidequest to unlock the rails to it.

He's talking about the station in the fork-shaped (well, kind of) desert in the Fire Region. That station has three mini-dungeon things with puzzles with those cubes with crystals on them.

Wow, that sounded vague enough to NOT spoil the fun of that station.

If anything the puzzles in PH were obvious and have been seen before.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. So the puzzle where you had to close your DS to stamp a map was obvious? Then I must REALLY suck at Zelda for taking 10 minutes to figure it out.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
With all due respect, these Phantom Hourglass Vs. Spirit Tracks arguments are just arguments of opinion, which is an argument that can never be won. I personally prefer Spirit Tracks, and I say that because I find it to be so simply because I think it has more personality, and more replayability. But others will disagree, and who am I to argue? What's more, no one persons view of the games will be a "fair" view; who's to say all of this praise of Spirit Tracks isn't just caused by the hype surrounding it's more recent release? Who's to say tat when the dust settles, some Spirit Tracks supporters won't have changed to the Phantom Hourglass camp? But on the other hand, isn't it entirely possible that some may simply say they prefer Phantom Hourglass over Spirit Tracks because it's the one they played first, or because they want to be "different"?

If you look at both games from the sidelines, they both have more or less the same amount in terms of content, so it really all comes to opinion. Let's leave it at that.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Whoa, whoa, whoa. So the puzzle where you had to close your DS to stamp a map was obvious? Then I must REALLY suck at Zelda for taking 10 minutes to figure it out.
That one was one of the less obvious ones, and it doesn't mean you suck at Zelda games if you couldn't figure it out for 10 minutes. But if you did play games like Another code before, like how Another code was one of my original DS games, you would know straight away that if you got a map on top and a map on the bottom and you need to mark the next area on your map, you slap the DS shut.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That one was one of the less obvious ones, and it doesn't mean you suck at Zelda games if you couldn't figure it out for 10 minutes. But if you did play games like Another code before, like how Another code was one of my original DS games, you would know straight away that if you got a map on top and a map on the bottom and you need to mark the next area on your map, you slap the DS shut.
Well good for those Another Code players - for the rest of us, including me and my friends as well, it was a frustrating and rather vague puzzle. =/

Anywho! I got the game more or less when it came out, and already finished it near 100% (have barely gotten any train parts but everything else I've done, probably due to playing it a fair bit). I have to say I prefer it over PH - the dungeons I felt were more enjoyable, the Spirit Tower didn't force me to repeat floors anymore and I preferred the puzzles in it too without having to worry about a time limit as well. There's also something about riding a train about that'd quite fun. XD The music is pretty much fantastic as well, although I get annoyed somewhat when enemies keep appearing and interrupting the train travelling music. >_<

Zelda is a far more interesting character as well than Ciela - even if only for that one scene, heh. Most entertaining. I also at times get a slight thought of Pacman with the enemy trains... especially at the very end of the game due to 'that' part of the game.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
Yes!!! I finally beat Fraaz, Master of Icy Fire, after nearly 2 days! It was so hard, but I finally done it last night!