• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Even so, Nintendo know how to make a mean game even with only four main macguffins. Minish Cap and Majora's Mask are proof of that.
Yeah I know I'm not complaining. Hell the whole premise of 4 corners and a central tower is a dream of mine(okay MM has it but you don't go traveling up it every single time you finish one)for a Zelda game so yeah. Not to mention it also has trains. Did I mention how much I love trains. My god do I love them. *cough* Back to the point 4 dungeons is by no means bad. The N-Gamer guy who played it already said it took him 14 to finish without doing sidequests. And apparently the Demon King is called Mallard.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/bkij/index.html
Lots of miniclips and such.

Last edited:
a beloved character returns from the time of Phantom Hourglass and Windwaker boys and girls. Yep, he's old and hearty as ever and he's everyones loving pirate.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Yeah I know I'm not complaining. Hell the whole premise of 4 corners and a central tower is a dream of mine(okay MM has it but you don't go traveling up it every single time you finish one)for a Zelda game so yeah. Not to mention it also has trains. Did I mention how much I love trains. My god do I love them. *cough* Back to the point 4 dungeons is by no means bad. The N-Gamer guy who played it already said it took him 14 to finish without doing sidequests. And apparently the Demon King is called Mallard.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/bkij/index.html
Lots of miniclips and such.

Pardon my ignorance, but 14 of what?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
One thing I'm particularly liking about this game is that unlike Twilight Princess, which was just a mishmash of generic uninteresting music and OOT rehashes, this game has pretty much all new music, Zelda's Lullaby aside.

I mean, granted, so did Phantom Hourglass, but the music in this game actually sounds GOOD. And there wasn't much good new music in PH, aside from the Sea Theme and the Linebeck theme.

Also, just to confirm on the items front, there are 6 proper items. The Boomerang, The Tornado Fan, the Rope Snake, and three others. What will the others be? I'd personally like to see the return of Roc's Cape. Also, I'm unsure if the Spirit Pipes are an item that can actually be assigned, or are they just used when necessary to the plot?

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
One thing I'm particularly liking about this game is that unlike Twilight Princess, which was just a mishmash of generic uninteresting music and OOT rehashes, this game has pretty much all new music, Zelda's Lullaby aside.

I mean, granted, so did Phantom Hourglass, but the music in this game actually sounds GOOD. And there wasn't much good new music in PH, aside from the Sea Theme and the Linebeck theme.

Also, just to confirm on the items front, there are 6 proper items. The Boomerang, The Tornado Fan, the Rope Snake, and three others. What will the others be? I'd personally like to see the return of Roc's Cape. Also, I'm unsure if the Spirit Pipes are an item that can actually be assigned, or are they just used when necessary to the plot?

Wait, there are six items, but only five dungeons? So does that mean you get two in the central tower, or do you get the extra one in a sidequest?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Wait, there are six items, but only five dungeons? So does that mean you get two in the central tower, or do you get the extra one in a sidequest?

Well in Phantom Hourglass, you got the Shovel outside of a dungeon. I'll assume that to be the case here as well - there'll be an item you get outside of a dungeon.

Although I am a bit disappointed at the lack of items. 10 should really be the minimum in my opinion.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Pardon my ignorance, but 14 of what?
Hours. 14 hours.

Well in Phantom Hourglass, you got the Shovel outside of a dungeon. I'll assume that to be the case here as well - there'll be an item you get outside of a dungeon.

Although I am a bit disappointed at the lack of items. 10 should really be the minimum in my opinion.
PH had the same 6 slots iirc so the lack of items is not too different. But the lack is annoying so I dunno.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Okay, so wait do we know if the spirit pipes is apart of that 6 items? Or is that just one of those plot-only items?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well we don't. I personally believe the spirit pipes are part of the special quest items which do not get a slot, but you never know.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Well we don't. I personally believe the spirit pipes are part of the special quest items which do not get a slot, but you never know.

Awww! I'm gonna miss playing the instrument for no good reason. That's just fun! :D I can still hope though!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well you might. Technically the spirit pipes are good for doing stuff like unlocking dungeons and their tracks but might have other uses where you need to pop em up.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Well you might. Technically the spirit pipes are good for doing stuff like unlocking dungeons and their tracks but might have other uses where you need to pop em up.

Man, this game is gonna give me a blast of nostalgia! I remember playing the ocarania to unlock certain things in the dungeon. It may not be the same thing, but its still gonna be wicked! :D

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
It makes sense to use "pipes" as a main instrument, if you listen to the main theme on the trailer you can hear them. As the main theme/railway theme.

Listen to the trailer again and try and hear them.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
5 dungeons. But a whole lot of stuff in-between. And you carry passengers between stations apparently. And you(or others I cannot remember as this was back in July)mocked me at how silly it was to believe this would mean link would have a job doing stuff like that. Well looks like I was right. Anyway the intro spilled watch at your own peril:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3AU08PrZN0&fmt=18

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
5 dungeons. But a whole lot of stuff in-between. And you carry passengers between stations apparently. And you(or others I cannot remember as this was back in July)mocked me at how silly it was to believe this would mean link would have a job doing stuff like that. Well looks like I was right. Anyway the intro spilled watch at your own peril:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3AU08PrZN0&fmt=18

That... is actually a pretty good idea to haul passangers! Perhaps they'll pay you for the journey. This game just keeps getting better and better! (drools)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well I did link you guys to n-gamer to see what exactly the reviewer was allowed to spill and what he wasn't but whatever. But the name Mallard for the Demon King is irking me.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Gannon's a pig.
Demon king's a duck.

...Nope, that's not it. To be fair though they probably named him the Mallard because it's the same name of a famous train and the fact it begins with "Mall" which sounds exactly like "Mal" which is French for bad, or ill.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Gannon's a pig.
Demon king's a duck.

...Nope, that's not it. To be fair though they probably named him the Mallard because it's the same name of a famous train and the fact it begins with "Mall" which sounds exactly like "Mal" which is French for bad, or ill.
True its also the fastest steam powered train no?But an evil duck would be hilarious on its own....