• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Slick

Banned
imo it's quite a bit difficult. Maybe not that you have to practice over and over, but it's slightly irritating sometimes.
I'm not really sure what to say about that sentence actually.

It's much better than PH imo. Just get it man.

... Because if they didn't, there'd be zero replay value at all as the game would truly and officially be "over"?

In which you simply start up the other save slot to replay through the game again and in your "game beaten" save you collect all the Heart Containers, Train Parts and compete in mini-games and such?

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
So I just finished. Brilliant, BRILLIANT, ending but I'm ****** off that they once again they make you go back to the save just before the final boss fight. Why they choose to do this I don't know..

But still, BRILLIANT ending. From now on, this side of the timeline has no PH. Just MM - WW - ST. PH is crap compared to these.

Actually, most timeline theorists put Majora's Mask in the Young Link timeline, with Twilight Princess, with WW, PH, and Spirit Tracks being in the Adult Link timeline. Back to this game, I have heard nothing but great things about it. I can hardly wait to get it for Christmas.

fhqwhgads

If it's too standard, I'll play it, beat it, collect **** 'til I get bored after a few hours, then not touch it again.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So I just finished. Brilliant, BRILLIANT, ending but I'm ****** off that they once again they make you go back to the save just before the final boss fight. Why they choose to do this I don't know..
Its because the only Zelda's worth an afterwords are the oracle games, and last time I checked Capcom isn't making a duo of Zelda games for the DS. But oh how I wish they were.

Wat.

Because if they didn't, there'd be zero replay value at all as the game would truly and officially be "over"?

What, exactly, makes a game not "worth full price"?

If I play it for less than 5 hours.

This will be my second or third zelda game. I bought Phantom Hourglass, enjoyed it, deciding on rather to play windwaker or phantom hourglass next. I just dislike that this is a new link, though. >.> CAN'T WE HAVE ONE LINK FOR MORE THAN TWO GAMES?! PLEASE?!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
If I play it for less than 5 hours.

This will be my second or third zelda game. I bought Phantom Hourglass, enjoyed it, deciding on rather to play windwaker or phantom hourglass next. I just dislike that this is a new link, though. >.> CAN'T WE HAVE ONE LINK FOR MORE THAN TWO GAMES?! PLEASE?!

ST Link is identical to PH and WW link. In every way. And I'm sure you'd complain if we got another sailing adventure.

Played through PH and started on a borrowed copy of WW in preparation for getting this for christmas. It sounds really good from what I've heard.

BCVM22

CAN'T WE HAVE ONE LINK FOR MORE THAN TWO GAMES?! PLEASE?!

No. The franchise staple is generation-hopping, never featuring the exact same setting, same Link or same Zelda for more than two games. Why does it bother you?

Does 100 years later not ring a bell?

As far as the franchise's narrative and continuity are concerned, yes, it's unequivocally a different Link, 100 years after who we presume was his ancestor - the Hero of Winds, the WW/PH Link - helped discover the new land and rechristen it Hyrule.

As far as the physical, technical, character and mechanical aspects - the things that really matter to a video game - are concerned, it might as well be the same Link for all the difference. He's young, short, wide-eyed, plucky and just raring to get out there, brandish a sword, rescue a princess and save Hyrule. So while it's technically a different Link, it's a different Link who looks, acts, plays and controls identically to his ancestor.

Slick

Banned
As far as the franchise's narrative and continuity are concerned, yes, it's unequivocally a different Link, 100 years after who we presume was his ancestor - the Hero of Winds, the WW/PH Link - helped discover the new land and rechristen it Hyrule.

As far as the physical, technical, character and mechanical aspects - the things that really matter to a video game - are concerned, it might as well be the same Link for all the difference. He's young, short, wide-eyed, plucky and just raring to get out there, brandish a sword, rescue a princess and save Hyrule. So while it's technically a different Link, it's a different Link who looks, acts, plays and controls identically to his ancestor.

So in short, I'm right, they're two different Links.

EDIT: @Korobooshi: imo, ST Link looks a little taller. Maybe it's how the camera is positions but I seem to be able to see more of his legs.

Last edited:
This game is just Swell.

Wait, what's the problem with sailing? It was grand. I wish there could have been another game with Tetra and the other Pirate crew but that Inomata guy (director of Zelda) according to some GoNintendo article I read about on a "Spirit Tracks interview with Aonuma" mentioned about him not liking tetra at all....that blows. Forget him, I want Tetra and the gang back. Heck, I mean Four Swords Adventures in Japan has Tetra's Trackers and it's not even realated to the continuity and we didn't get it because people complained about the graphics....oh the irony, two years later people would complain about Twilight Princess being over hyped and didn't live to their expectations. Good god. Those trailers were nothing but a joke. Lets hope those trailers will be in Zelda Wii. Also, no Moblins as of late, what gives?

Last edited:

Slick

Banned
Hey, re-challenge-able bosses, that's neat. :)

I hear the game has a secret boss as well...anyone know if this is true?

I think it's part of the Dark Ore side quest for Linebeck III. I'm not sure though since I haven't done it yet.
When Zelda rejoins her body she says "Tetra, please give me the power" or something. Just noting this as it seems Tetra must have been VERY influential.