• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

I'm getting the game at Xmas, along with Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. The three games are ranked 1, 20 and 16 respectably in the UK top 20. Probably the last time you'll see a Pokemon game rank higher than a Kingdom Hearts game in the same chart. :p

Slick

Banned

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Well it depends. Did you groan cause you hate hard puzzles, which is basically what Zelda is(or for the now period SHOULD be) or cause you thought it was easy?

Because I was tired and not in the mood for logic puzzles, when I look back. And there's just something about the Anouki puzzles that irritates me. I'm better at puzzles involving physical objects than I am at word puzzles.

A piece of paper?

Oh wow. Evidently the PH/ST note-taking feature is lost on you.

No, I just can't write well enough on the map to fit many notes on it. The same happened in Phantom Hourglass.

There was a puzzle there? You need a piece of paper?
What?
Unless you're talking about the "mayor's" quest to find partners in the villiage, in which case..
Wow.

See above and above the above.

Apparently it's just me doesn't like the Anouki puzzles. I have absolutely no problem with puzzles in general, there's just something about those puzzles. There's something about the Anouki themselves, no I come to it. They irritate me. They're essentially an entire race of jerks.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
When I saw Linebeck again, I was so happy! TT_TT

The game is so much more easier and shorter than Phanthom Hourglass but it is still good!

So I beat it, I actually think it's probably the best handheld Zelda game out there combining everything right you could do about handheld Zelda, and improving upon it. The only way it could be better is to have it be sidequest heavy in the vein of Minish Cap. I greatly enjoyed it all around.

It convinced me to make this timeline for Zelda since I was bored as hell (warning huge as hell, I have an even bigger version too):

zeldatimelinecopysmall.jpg

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
He not only called it the best handheld Zelda but made a foolish mistake with the timeline. FS and FSA are sometime after MC. And LA with OoX in between aLTTP and the original 2 Zelda's? No. Just no. And another thing, with ST the whole debacle of where to put the 3 original games gets bigger. You can easily slap em on the great flood timeline, as the geography is very similar like.

FS and FSA are sometime after MC.
But FS and FSA ARE sometime after TMC on my timeline.
And LA with OoX in between aLTTP and the original 2 Zelda's? No. Just no.
Why not? For one, the exact place of the Triforce that was actually completed in ALttP is ripped straight from there. No I do not think the Oracle Link is the same as LA Link if that's what you're thinking, they're obvious different (that's kind of why I put some games closer to each other if they share the same Link or at least a similar one), but I believe with that fact that both games features bosses that are usually exclusive to the first two LoZ games that there is a connection somehow or another.

Originally my timeline didn't include the Oracle games and I was kind of, "Where do they go?" in an early version but after a while I figured it makes sense for it to be both near ALttP->LA and the first two games due to how thematically linked they are. However the Oracle games' placement are still very ambiguous so I could see it being placed in a lot of different places. Hell the places of the first two games are just are ambiguous in fact, since in them Ganon doesn't even get his power from the trident like every other 2D incarnation of him so it's very hard to say it takes place after ALttP for sure despite it "officially" being labeled in that spot.
And another thing, with ST the whole debacle of where to put the 3 original games gets bigger. You can easily slap em on the great flood timeline, as the geography is very similar like.
Haha wow, now you're definitely ********ting. Why don't you actually go out and play Spirit Tracks before you even talk about it?

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
But FS and FSA ARE sometime after TMC on my timeline.
I meant directly. IMO sometime after the FS/FSA events the 4 sword eventually got welded into the master sword. Not saying how, just it makes sense that it is the base for it, like the metals or such.
Why not? For one, the exact place of the Triforce that was actually completed in ALttP is ripped straight from there. No I do not think the Oracle Link is the same as LA Link if that's what you're thinking, they're obvious different (that's kind of why I put some games closer to each other if they share the same Link or at least a similar one), but I believe with that fact that both games features bosses that are usually exclusive to the first two LoZ games that there is a connection somehow or another.

Originally my timeline didn't include the Oracle games and I was kind of, "Where do they go?" in an early version but after a while I figured it makes sense for it to be both near ALttP->LA and the first two games due to how thematically linked they are. However the Oracle games' placement are still very ambiguous so I could see it being placed in a lot of different places. Hell the places of the first two games are just are ambiguous in fact, since in them Ganon doesn't even get his power from the trident like every other 2D incarnation of him so it's very hard to say it takes place after ALttP for sure despite it "officially" being labeled in that spot.
While the Triforce placing is directly taken from ALTTP for the oracle games, and I could see it fitting in that way if you want, I just cannot see them happening after aLTTP. I see them for after Zelda 2 for link travelling to new lands or such. Each to there own I guess.
Haha wow, now you're definitely ********ting. Why don't you actually go out and play Spirit Tracks before you even talk about it?
Yeah that was a stretch I kinda effed up there.

As for the FS/FSA debate of ours look here...
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/timeline-theory/2/#toc-example-1-built-relying-on-the-developers
Definitely in the beginning somewhere.

Last edited:
I meant directly. IMO sometime after the FS/FSA events the 4 sword eventually got welded into the master sword. Not saying how, just it makes sense that it is the base for it, like the metals or such.
Now that's just pure fanon...
While the Triforce placing is directly taken from ALTTP for the oracle games, and I could see it fitting in that way if you want, I just cannot see them happening after aLTTP. I see them for after Zelda 2 for link travelling to new lands or such. Each to there own I guess.
Well you have to remember, if you're implying the Oracle Link is the same from the first two games...that just doesn't work. Oracle Link is a Link who doesn't know who Zelda is till a rather long time off, which pretty much rules out any chance of him being any other Link other than his own.

It could probably really fall anywhere after the first three games really but with the relation between the Triforce's placement, and Ganon being revived with the trident automatically (if it was after the first two games, he wouldn't have the trident when he was revived by Twinrova in the Oracle titles) I just speculate it takes place near a time near the ALttp/trident storyline.
As for the FS/FSA debate of ours look here...
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/timeline-theory/2/#toc-example-1-built-relying-on-the-developers
Definitely in the beginning somewhere.
I've seen this before and actually that is a very viable timeline imo. Zelda has a ridiculous series of memes where you question if some mentioned events even really happened so it's very easy to put the more ambiguous games almost anywhere.

Anyway this is off topic, I wasn't meant to spark debate I just made this timeline out of boredom. The main timeline is definitely how I feel about it, but it's a very average view on the timeline so it isn't anything special to debate about. This thread is about Spirit Tracks not the Zelda timeline.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Sir, you don't even have a DS to begin with, so shut your sass-hole boy.
I do own a GBA a GBC and a GB with all previous Handheld games so calm down, eh? And as a correction I don't have a DS at this moment. I did several months ago but right now I don't.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I might not have played it, but I certainly know how I will feel about it. I have seen everything that can be seen, and that gives me a good stand at where exactly I could place it before actually playing it.

I might not have played it, but I certainly know how I will feel about it. I have seen everything that can be seen, and that gives me a good stand at where exactly I could place it before actually playing it.
Not really...I've been playing Zelda for years now and imo ST is still the best handheld game from playing. It basically does what PH wanted to do, only right with some really great characterization too.

For handheld Zeldas imo it's like this:
Spirit Tracks > Link's Awakening > Minish Cap > Oracle series > Phantom Hourglass