• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I'd only say that whilst ST isn't outrageously sidequest-heavy, it does have plenty more sidequests than most recent Zelda games, i.e. Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess. Aside from Dee Ess Island and Maze Island, Phantom Hourglass was very sidequest-lite, and TP wasn't massively endowed in sidequests either.

Spirit Tracks on the other hand had the Disorientation Station, the Lost At Sea area, the various cargo quests, the many hidden and obvious minigames (enemy minigames, whip challenge, target range), all of the simply hidden areas, the stamps, the rabbits and their sanctuary, various personal subquests and quests like finding that woman a fitting husband. It's nothing compared to, say, Majora's Mask, but it's still a plethora of sidequests.

latios reborn

I'd only say that whilst ST isn't outrageously sidequest-heavy, it does have plenty more sidequests than most recent Zelda games, i.e. Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess. Aside from Dee Ess Island and Maze Island, Phantom Hourglass was very sidequest-lite, and TP wasn't massively endowed in sidequests either.

Spirit Tracks on the other hand had the Disorientation Station, the Lost At Sea area, the various cargo quests, the many hidden and obvious minigames (enemy minigames, whip challenge, target range), all of the simply hidden areas, the stamps, the rabbits and their sanctuary, various personal subquests and quests like finding that woman a fitting husband. It's nothing compared to, say, Majora's Mask, but it's still a plethora of sidequests.

Which is one thing I like about Spirit tracks..

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Got the game today for Christmas
I have to admit this is the first LOZ game I have ever bought seeing as I usually borrow them from my cousin
But I am thoroughly enjoying the game

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I have to admit this is the first LOZ game I have ever bought seeing as I usually borrow them from my cousin

If you like the game now, you'll love it later on. It gets better with each dungeon, and you'll play way past completion to see all the sights, find all of the Force Gems and discover all of the areas. It's definately one of the better post-Wind Waker Zelda games, although Twilight Princess probably narrowly outdoes it in my opinion if only because it's longer, darker and more complex.

jellsprout

I don't suppose there is any place in the game to see how many Force Gems you've collected, is there? There doesn't appear to be anybody left who wants stuff transported, but it doesn't appear I've gotten the full map either.

I'd also like to add, I like that this game actually uses its items often. In TP there were many great items, such as the Spinner and the Ball & Chain, but you only use them once and never again after that. In ST however, you continue using all your items throughout the game. Only the final item is a bit useless, but the game is nearly over by that time, so it is to be expected.
I especially love the whip. I use it more than the sword.

R_N

I'm at the Spirit Tower for the first time and I love this game already

Zelda's flip out was amaaaaaazing.

Especially the "I'll wait here it seems to be tradition in my family" part

Tamoto

I got Spirit Tracks for Christmas and I find it even better than Phantom Hourglass although I also enjoyed playing this one.
It's really neat, the train is cooler than the ship and I like the fact that you run around with Zelda by your side :p
I just finished the snowy temple and went back to the Tower of Spirits but now Im kinda stuck in there as there is hardly any light lol
But yeah, I like the game, never thought it would be that nice =)

Torpoleon

I've had Spirit Tracks since Dec. 12, 2009 as a Hanukkah present. I've gotten pretty far actually. I'm at the Sand Sanctuary, but the song for it is hard. I play it right but Rael tells me the same junk over and over again! Aside from that, I do like the game actually.

Dattebayo

Banned
I just got Spirit Tracks for Christmas, and I beat the first dungeon today. I have a bit of trouble trying to get the key from high above. I tried touching Zelda to get on her shield, but it doesn't seem to work.

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
omg! ive been playing tloz spirit tracks for 48 hours strait! i need more cola!

Like almost everyone else, I got the game for Christmas. And I've pretty much been playing it nonstop since then. I just made it to the Goron VIllage in the Fire Realm.
I'm surprised at how quickly I'm progressing through this game, at least compared to PH. xP
It seems easier to me for some reason, but maybe I haven't gotten to any "difficult" parts yet. Still, I'm super in love with this game. <3

Dattebayo

Banned
Never mind, I got passed through the second rail map and beat the second temple; now I'm heading to the Ocean Rail. This game is getting way addictive to me because of the stamp collecting and rabbit catching.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I'm against the Horned Beetle thingy. Its so difficult trying to blow the half hedgehog half slug things at him! And then I have to stab his... behind.

R_N

The beele isn't hard. As soon as the grubs touch the ground, stab all 3 of them, position your self in front of them and get the fan ready. When he charges you blow.

I virtually never moved from the starting spot of phase two. You're put right in front of its weakspot then.

Cobalt_Latios

Like almost everyone else, I got the game for Christmas.

Can you guess when I got my copy of Spirit Tracks (note: the first 2 do in fact count) ?

Anyhow, pointless humour aside, I have to say that I am very much enjoying Spirit Tracks. The visuals are astounding, and I have to say that the gameplay is rather... different from what I've played previously (granted, so far, the only few I've played are Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and A Link to the Past. I have Wind Waker, I just didn't think about playing it at the time. I probably should have, but I'll do so probably after beating Spirit Tracks), but still very enjoyable. Oh, and from me not actually solving the puzzles on my own (yes, I've used guides before, shoot me now), I seems this game was the perfect wake up call. Then again, I seem to consider the puzzles more complex than they actually are, and end up slapping myself out of pure idiocy (for instance, before you talk to the first sage, you need to solve this one puzzle. The "hint" is: connect the the statues that are facing each other.
I actually thought that I had to exit that screen, and physically "connect" them somehow. I spent about 5 minutes having absolutely no clue what it was I was actually supposed to do. Then I decided to actually "connect" them on the dialogue that told me to do so... and it worked. I rolled my eyes at my own idiocy.
). Thankfully, I've begun to improve myself and am rather enjoying the puzzles and the use of drawing on the maps for hints. In fact, I find that to be my favorite feature of this game.

I also like how some items you use tend to have prolonged uses (like the Whirlwind for instance). Granted, that one took a bit to figure out how to use (blow into the microphone... I kid you not, I looked into the instruction booklet on that one. Oh yeah, it's back to basics for me).

The train gameplay is surprisingly good. It takes a bit of clever planning to do things, and once you get the cannon, it just makes things a hell of a lot easier.

I'm currently in the snow temple, and am rather enjoying the use of the boomerang.

Oh yeah, this was a good Christmas present idea. Who would have thought this game would have done so well? But damn, the 3D graphics in this game are pretty dang good for a DS title. Considering it uses it throughout the whole game. I kind of wish more DS titles would do stuff like this.

<C_L>