• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: The Missing Link

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe

The skeletons of numerous species were nothing compared to the Litch Lord's army of the undead. At least these guys were staying dead now. But still... The empty eyes and the heavy pressure of the room was getting to Zoe.

The Emerald Leaf wasn't so impressive to Zoe, she knew what would happen if they didn't retrieve it and that was all that was important.

"Ya, pretty rock. Let's just grab it and go. This place is making my scales crawl." Zoe said bluntly as she approached the stone. "So this thing gives off life energy? It sounds more helpful than dangerous, but we all know that isn't true." she kidded.

She heard another small giggle come from beyond the room. She looked out the door and saw for a split second two yellow eyes under a straw hat. And it was holding a light arrow in one hand. Zoe smiled and gave a small wave to tell the shadow to hide for now and to meet her outside. The shadow nodded which made the hat cover its eyes for a second before running off.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: I hate to point out my own mistakes, but to anyone who missed my little post in the discussion thread, it appeared that I inadvertently got two names mixed up and ended up calling Malbel "Golbez" for a few posts. I have gone back and fixed that, so I apologize for any confusion that may have caused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Izfit ~

You can detect a strange energy inside the Crystal. It seems to remind one of the vastness and duality of Nature, growth and decay, life and death.

~ Orpheus ~

Orpheus waited for thew others to enter the room as he studied the Crystal in front of him. It just shouldn't be this easy. Sure the previous battle had been tough, but considering what was to gain, it just shouldn't have been this easy. Malbel had to have something planned. Still, the stone was right there, not four feet away.

"Hmmm...this jewel looks very interesting. Any ideas what it is?" Rallen asked. It was at that time that Orpheus realized that Rallen had not been present for the fight with the Litch Lord. In fact, he hadn't even seen him at the doorway now that he thought about it. Had he stayed in the tentacle room?

"That would be the Emerald Leaf," Orpheus said. "One of the legendary Elemental Crystals. The Leaf rules over Nature, and thus, life itself."

"So when do we get out of this dump?" Alex asked. Her face held just a hint of embarrassment. Orpheus didn't really know from what. Maybe she just wanted to keep her indifferent attitude intact.

"As soon as we grab the Leaf I guess." Orpheus said. He began to walk towards it cautiously, so as to avoid any traps. His chain would have come in handy for clearing some of the dense vines that had grown up around the Leaf, but sadly the weapon had been destroyed beyond repair in the fight. At least the blast hadn't caught his arm, for that he was thankful.

Orpheus carefully brushed the last few vines out of place, shaking off all kinds of insects that went scurrying about the room. They must have been drawn in by the Leaf. Orpheus reached out and grabbed the Elemental Crystal, the stone glowing a bit brighter at his touch. He returned back to the others carrying the Leaf. He was glad that his face wraps hid his surprised expression. Something was bothering him about this whole thing, it was simply too easy. But it looked like the Leaf had been right there for the taking after all.

"Alright guys, lets get out of here." Orpheus said to the group.

~ Timeskip - An hour later ~

Orpheus was leading the group, still holding onto the Leaf. It was just a bit too big to fit in his bag. However, they would be nearing the more populated areas soon and Orpheus didn't think that it would be a good idea to go waltzing in with the Crystal in plain sight.

"Alright guys, any ideas for how to conceal this?" he asked the group as they stopped for a short break.

OOC: Note, the Emerald Leaf is about the size of a Basketball, albeit a basketball that was carved into the shape of a leaf. As a result, it is also just a little heavy, but not too heavy. Definitely less than a rock of a similar size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Kinpo - An Inn near the Great Deku Tree ~

Kinpo lead the group of travelers to a small, but cozy looking Inn situated a good distance away from the busy marketplace nearby. The Deku led the group into the bar area of the first floor, which was mostly deserted save a few Deku, and led the group to a deserted corner table and waited for the group to take seats. A waiter came by to take their drink orders and sped back into the kitchen before Kinpo began to speak.

"As the note indicated, Orpheus and the other travelers are currently off in the swamps right now. They should return shortly." The Deku said is his slightly high-pitched voice. Little did this group know that Orpheus probably wasn't going to come back any time soon, if ever. The fool and his team of weaklings were probably dead by now.

"However, Orpheus instructed me to relay a message to you guys. He said that you all could stay here free of charge, he even paid me for the cost, and that he would meet you guys here when they finished up their quest in the swamps." The Deku reached into his coat and pulled out a bundle of room keys.

"Here are your room keys." Kinpo said as he passed them around. Avalon got room #2, Shantaro got #3, Leon obtained #4, and Aaron was passed #6.

You'll find your rooms upstairs." Kinpo said. "Now, if you have any questions before you retire, I'd be glad to help."

It was at that time that the waiter showed up with the drinks. Kinpo paid with two red rupees and turned back to the group, sipping a yellow beverage.

Avalon324

Avalon eyed the Deku with a suspicious eye. She took out a piece of parchment and wrote something down handing it to the Deku before going to her room. The paper read;

I know you Kinpo. It can't be that simple. You have something else going for you, but, I'd pray they return, because fire can be a terribly unpredictable thing.

jahz

Banned
Shantaro followed the Deku to a tiny but very welcoming inn; far from the bustling marketplace it was quaint and peaceful. The others took seat around a table, whilst he stood behind them; casually leaning against the wall but listening intently.

"As the note indicated, Orpheus and the other travellers are currently off in the swamps right now. They should return shortly." The Deku said is his slightly high-pitched voice; Shantaro grunted in acknowledgement, he ran his finger round the rim of his glass and licked it tentatively: satisfied he took a small sip. "However, Orpheus instructed me to relay a message to you guys. He said that you all could stay here free of charge, he even paid me for the cost, and that he would meet you guys here when they finished up their quest in the swamps." The Deku reached into his coat and pulled out a bundle of room keys. "Here are your room keys." The Deku said as he passed them around. The blonde human to his right got room #2, Shantaro got room #3, Leon obtained #4, and the glistening Zora was passed #6.

Once everyone had finished their drinks the group dispersed, making their way to various rooms. Shantaro noticed the human; Avalon he believed she was called, slip a ragged and torn note into the Deku’s hand, once she turned away he glared at her viciously: immediately Shantaro became suspicious, there was suddenly something sinister and conspicuous about the Deku. As he trudged upstairs Shantaro wondered what could have been on that note. He knew for sure though; he was going to sleep lightly tonight. He snapped the key into the lock twisting before hurrying inside.

The reason Shantaro referred to Leon as 'Leon' and not a being of his race is because i couldn't find Leon's sign up to know what race he was.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe

Walking into direct sunlight was both a blessing and painful after being in the dark for so long. She almost basked in the light, but then cringed when she opened her eyes.

"Ow. Hate it when this happens." she muttered to herself, cupping her hands over her eyes.

"Alright guys, any ideas for how to conceal this?" Orpheus asked the group while they were taking a break.

"I'm sure our resident treasure enthusiast has something that could be useful." Zoe said pointing to Izfit. She got up and slung her fishing pole over her shoulder. "Sorry guys, but after nearly being eaten by a Venus-Fly-Squid, I just gotta go fishing. I'll catch us some dinner and meet you back in town." She jumped off the ledge and ran over to the river she saw nearby, but she was actually finding them a place to speak in private.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You really gave us a scare back in the temple. Why didn't you let us know you survived?" Zoe confronted the figure that still hid in the shadows of the jungle bush.

"...All my life I've been alone. And now that I did all that... I wish I had died." the figure said in a high-pitched voice that sounded like it was on the verge of crying.

"Hey, now don't cry. First off, let's hear a name." Zoe said, comforting the little Skull kid.

"I'm... I'm called Chani." the young one studdered.

"...Isn't that a girl's name?" Zoe was confused. Everyone always refered to the Skull kid as a boy. Chani nodded, her hat covering her eyes for a second. "Well, then. My name is Zoe."

"M-may I call you Big Sis?" Chani whispered. She had tears trickling down, but they weren't because of sadness, but because of joy. Zoe gave a soft smile and nodded.

"Now why don't you come out of the shadows and we can go back to the others?" Zoe asked kneeling down to Chani's level.

"That's because my hat was the only thing to survive... I'm naked." Chani replied embarassed. Zoe chuckled and reached into her satchel. She pulled out another Zora Tunic in a lighter shade of blue. "Thank you... Y'know, the way you wear your clothes is like how Gerudo women wear theirs."

"...Really? Well they are quite the fashionable people." Zoe said after Chani came out, fully clothed. The outfit was much too big for her, she was holding the bottoms up for fear they dropped. "We'll get your own clothes after we meet with Orpheus."

"Thank you Big-Sis." Chani replied with an honest smile on her face. Zoe kneeled down more so she could sit on her shoulders.

"So can you fight? Y'know, without being a Litch Lord?" Zoe asked, while walking back into town.

"Yep yep yep! I'm good with magic and stuff!" Chani said giggling.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

“I'm sure our resident treasure enthusiast has something that could be useful,” Zoe noted, before excusing herself to go catch some fish.

Izfit giggled at the suggestion. “Well it is extraordinarily hard to steal something stored by a Poe,” she said. “And I have been somewhat more careful since… a certain incident. I would be willing to play at trading if you like.” She shrugged. “Or, you could pay him to store it,” she added, indicating Esper.

Some owl apparently didn’t like them being around and started a series of hoots to declare his territory. Some distance ahead of them, the Deku village around the Great Deku Tree presumably continued its usual lively routine.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe and Chani

Shopping was hectic during this time of day. Chani was going to be trampled if she wasn't riding on Zoe's shoulders. The clothing store was a lucky break, Dekus were about the same size as skull kids so sizing wasn't hard.

"How do I look in these?" Chani said walking out of the dressing room her straw hat, pointy hat, but in a purple cloak and tan pants. She was also wearing gloves that made her hands look larger than they were and leather shoes.

"Hehehe, cute. You like them?" Zoe chuckled and Chani nodded. "Scuse me, Shopkeeper! We'll take those clothes."

A female Deku lady nodded and priced the clothes fairly. "50 rupees for the lot and I'll throw in a bag for free!" Zoe paid and Chani got a leather bag with a cute kitty face on the front.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are we back at the river? I thought we were meeting your friends." Chani asked as she sat on a branch over the river.

"Well I did say I went to go get dinner. They'll be expecting fish when I come back, not a skull kid." Zoe kidded as she waited for the fish patiently. The line began to tug and Zoe reeled in a huge fish.

"Yay! Fishy! Let's go meet everyone!" Chani cheered as they sliced the head off their catch.

[Time skip: after Dark]

The two approached the hotel the group was staying at and Chani was excited to meet everyone appropriately. They entered the lodge and found everyone waiting and Chani rushed into the room without hesitation.

"Meet Chani the Skull kid... Once known as the Litch Lord." Zoe introduced her. Chani was examining the room with great curiosity and placed the fish next to the hearth.

"Big-Sis, I'm going to cook the fishy now." Chani giggled.

"She survived the tranformation and from now on she'll be travelling with us. She'd be all alone and kinda emo if she didn't." Zoe explained. Orpheus was about to object when Chani began to cook.

"Need a fire~" she sang and she pointed her index finger at the hearth "Inferno~" A giant funnel of flames poured from her finger and not only lit the hearth, but burnt a hole through the wall.

" Woops, too much. Fertilize!" Another light came from her hand and the wall grew back on its own. "Toldya I was good at magic"

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

Alex glared at Orpheus's smart remark, but kept it to her self. She just wanted to be out of this place, it was making her skin crawl. She shook off the feeling an followed the others out of the cave.

When the others were outside Zoe left to go fishing and then Orpheus asked the group how they would store the Emerald Leaf. Right away Alex was ready to stow it, but Izafit was already offering to stow it, that is if they paid her.

Crossing her arms Alex excused herself straing back at the gem sadly. It was too bad she wouldn't be able to hang on to it during the journey.

As she walked away Arie appeared from out of nowhere and asked, "Alex where are you going? The group is that way."

Alex ignored him and continued walking. Arie looked back at the group and said, "Okay Alex, don't get yourself killed or anything. I'm going to stay with the group for now, okay?"

Ignoring this also, Alex continued walking and Arie slumped a little, but flew back over to the group.

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Ridge

"Wait. Zoe, you brought that kid that let us drop from that pitfall trap, right into that huge tentacle thing, and who was turned into that Litch-Lord that nearly killed me with his undead minions?” Ridge said with a terror on his face. He didn’t care usually about strangers. But this one had nearly killed him. It was not strange to get a dislike for somebody for that reason, was it?

“Zoe, I don’t care about that she’s traveling with us, but don’t expect me to like her.” Ridge said. Ridge usually couldn’t say such things, even if he wanted, but the terror of being almost dead did things with him. If Ridge needed to think one time more about that, he would likely scream and faint.
Ridge turned backwards, he didn’t want to stay near his almost murder…

“Aaah!”

*pok*

Ridge had thought again about the nearly dead experience. Lucky, he regained his mind quickly and stood up from the ground. Ridge checked himself if he had not received major damage and if he was not dirty from the ground. Only that last one was. After brushing with his hands over the dirty spaces, he went as far as possible from the skull-kid…

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: @killer_squirtle: careful with the time-skips there, thats borderline bunnying. Nothing to worry about now really, just make sure not to let it get out of hand.

@everyone: Just to clarify, the Inn that Orpheus and the others will arrive at is not the same in that Avalon and the others meet with Kinpo at. They are fairly close, but not the same places.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Orpheus - Somewhere in the Deku Kingdom ~

Orpheus thought over Izfit's suggestion for a moment before finally handing the gem over to the white cloaked Poe. "Alright, I'll let you hold on to it for now. Just as long as you let me trade you back later." he said. Esper could have stored it just as easily, but he seemed like the kind of guy who would charge a kings ransom to get the gem back.

Orpheus noticed that Zoe had walked off, apparently to catch some fish, and Alex had left just a moment ago. She hadn't said a word, but they were out of the marshlands now so the two of them shouldn't run into anything too dangerous. And Alex's fairy was still here with the group, so she was probably going to come back sometime soon. Orpheus had noticed that they were being shadowed a little while back, but he had no clue what it was. It had seemed to stop a little while ago anyway, so it was probably just a wild animal of some sort. It was probably nothing to worry too much about.

"Alright guys, lets get moving." Orpheus said after another five minutes. The group packed up and headed into town. Zoe and Alex knew where they were going, so they should meet back up easily enough. They probably just needed some time alone for a bit.

~ Kinpo - The Mandrake Inn and Tavern ~

As he read the little note that Avalon had handed him, Kinpo suddenly felt a little light headed. So, she was the same Avalon that he had run into a little while back. Well, things just got a lot more interesting, and probably a little more dangerous for him as well. He cast a short glare at her receding back before catching himself and looking a little alarmed instead. Trembling just a bit, he placed the note into his pocket. "Well, it appears that there is something I must attend to, if you'll excuse me..." Kinpo said to whomever was left at the table (he had lost his focus), and headed off into the back room.

A few hours later, darkness had fallen over the Deku Kingdom. Kinpo was in the back room of the Inn, along with a few shady characters...

"I told you guys, you may want to reconsider." Kinpo was saying.

One of the group, a Dinoflos, turned towards the little Deku and grinned to show off his sharp dagger-like teeth. "And I told you, we could care less for your safety. All we want is get our job done. Anyone else," he held one of claws to the Deku's face, "is just collateral."

Kinpo fought back a tremble. He couldn't let himself show any weakness. Even though this guy could breath fire and burn him alive on a whim, he still couldn't show weakness. A crack in his armor just might bring on that dreaded firestorm.

"Okay, okay." Kinpo said. "Here's the list of room numbers." he said as he handed a small paper to the Dinoflos. The six foot tall lizard man took the paper and read it before passing it to one of his subordinates.

"They had better be there, or it'll be you that burns next." the Dinoflos said to Kinpo as he shoved the Deku out of the way and headed into the tavern.

He led his subordinates over to the stairs. He assigned two to a room and let the others pass before climbing the stairs himself. He turned around and breathed a stream of fire that set the stairway ablaze. "No one gets in or out till the job gets done." he said.

~ Orpheus - The Dragonfly Inn (That night) ~

As it turned out, Zoe had apparently found a Skull Kid in the woods. She claimed that it was the same Skull Kid who had been transformed by the Crystal's energy, but Orpheus wasn't sure. It certainly wasn't the same Skull Kid who had cast them into the pitfall, that one was a boy, while this one was a girl. Nearly all Skull Kids look identical anyway, so its hard to tell them apart except for voice. It was certainly a possibility, they were dealing with the Crystal of Nature after all.

"Calm down Ridge," Orpheus said in response to his outburst. "She's not the same Skull Kid who dropped us in that pit. As for if she was the Litch Lord or not, who can say?"

Orpheus turned to Zoe, "She can come with us as long as you watch out for her alright?"

He turned to the barman to order some drinks for the group, but a Deku dressed in the Leaf Guard uniform came running in the room with a few civilians. "Mori, the Mandrake Tavern's on fire! Call the Water Squad, quick!" the Deku said. Mori, who was apparently the bartender, Pulled out a small pipe from the bottom of the bar and placed in in a notch in the wall under a pipe fitting that read "Water Squad". There were several other pipes. They must serve as communication lines for the massive city. Mori placed a small pad on the side of his head (a reciever?) and began to talk into the pipe line.

"We need a Water Unit over at the Mandrake, its caught fire. Yes. Yeah, Tarno just told me." Mori was saying. He looked back over at the Leaf Guard Deku.

"Its serious?" he asked.

"Yeah." Tarno replied. "No joke."

Mori turned back to the pipe. "Yes, it's not a prank this time. Good, get over here quickly."

Orpheus turned back to the group. "I'm going to go check it out, you guys can either come with me or stay here." Orpheus said as he headed out the door. "Show me where the Mandrake is." he asked Tarno.

"Of course, its over this way." the Deku said as he headed off into the night.

Last edited:

Avalon324

Avaon has wasted away most of the day with a nap, having felt tired and generally worn down. Now however she was up, and polishing on of her katanas. She idly rubbed down the blade with a cloth, chatting with Shadow about nothing in particular. She looked up and watched the candle flicker, smelling the air.

"Smoke?" she asked herself quietly. She licked her first two fingers and thumb, and snuffed the candle. The room was plunged into partial darkness, only the moon giving the room any light. She stared toward the door and watched the crack between the floor and the door itself. She shook her head.

"Shadow, poke your head out... she whats going on." she told him, sheathing the katana and grabbing her things. Shadow floated over to the door, and peered through it. He pulled his head back.

"Two guys coming toward the room. Looks like the stairs are on fire too." he added Avalon sighed.

"That worthless piece of kindling... he better be far far away, so far that I can never find him." she muttered standing. She weighed her options, then went to the door and opened it, stepping into the hall. She looked to address the two creatures.

"Is Kinpo really that desperate?" she asked. She shook her head.

"If I have to fight you to get to him. I will. And you know what? I'll win. Why? Simply because I want at that worthless piece of tree bark, and noting will stop me from getting to him now." she said drawing her swords.

"Perhaps, just maybe, if you let me live, I won't kill you." she added.

DTG6407

BlackMelody
Aaron ~ The Mandrake Inn and Tavern

Aaron had stayed up later than most of the other tenants, he ordered a few more drinks at his own expense before finally heading off to bed, so tired he could barely climb the stairs. He had slept peacefully in his bed until the smell of smoke filtered through his nostrils and into his lungs. He awoke coughing hoarsley and sliding out of his bed, his scimitar in his off hand.

He stumbled to his feet while covering his mouth with his dominant hand. Once he had finally ceased coughing and had control of himself he jogged to his bedroom door and threw it open.

"What in the hell's going on?!" He shouted down the hallway. At first the sight shocked him. Flames had engulfed the staircase and smoke was piling up over them, filling the entire Inn, but then he saw two dagger wielding lizards approaching his room and Aaron put the pieces together. He switched his blade to his dominant hand and fell into a battle stance.

"Come on then, let's do this."

jahz

Banned
Shantaro~ the mandrake Inn and Tavern

Shantaro’s eye fluttered open lazily, immediately he leapt out of bed, yelping in fright as smoke came pouring into his room from under his door. His head swam with nausea from the heat and his eyes watered, impairing his vision. He heard heavy footsteps coming towards his bedroom door; these weren’t hurried footsteps, they were rhythmic and purposeful. Whoever was coming was not here to help him. He ran back to the bed wand reached for his staff underneath, he couldn’t quite reach it! It was just out of his reach, the footsteps now stopped, the handle of the door began creaking. He didn’t have any time left. He dived under the bed grabbing his staff and pulling two stout throwing knives from under his cloak, he pulled his hood over his face to protect him for the fire and smoke before waiting silently.

The door crashed open with an almighty thud, it was blown square off of its hinges, this was a dangerous enemy; no it was enemies! A second pair of feet entered the room. “Where is the little ****?” the creature rasped. A large scaled foot slammed into the floor not a foot away from Shantaro’s head, they were dinoflos! This didn’t make his job any easier; bringing a potential incineration into the battle. The two creatures stood either side of his bed, arguing over who had let him escape. He couldn’t wait here, by the time they would leave the fire would have been upon him. He hurled the throwing knives hard; each found its mark thudding into the creatures’ kneecaps. A shrill cry of pain resounded around the room as Shantaro burst from under the bed, drawing his staff from his back he leapt high into the air, the creatures pivoted round to meet him but their large size meant that they were slow and laborious, he brought his staff round in a wide ark, before driving it hard towards the floor, swiping one of the creatures clean off of its feet; whipping the other end around, he smashed it against the face the other one. The creature howled in pain and lashed out at him with a massive clawed hand, he pivoted neatly on one foot before leaping over a low kick and thrusting his staff hard into the side of the creature still writhing on the floor, it gurgled violently before falling still. Shantaro wiped his brow quickly, he showed no regret or remorse from the kill, killing was nothing knew to him.

This left him one enemy, they squared each other up circling cruelly, suddenly the Dinoflo let out a monstrous jet of flame, Shantaro ducked just in time but the blast still scorched his back, he cried out in pain as the fire blew a massive chunk of the wall out. He was trapped, in such a confide space he had no chance, his staff was too big to wield effectively iin the small room and he had lost his knives in the melee. Desperate he turned around and leapt out of the hole in the wall, free falling a few metres before grasping a ledge desperately with one hand.

The humongous lizard ran to the scene peering over the edge to see where Shantaro had gone; before he realised what was going on a strong hand reached up and threw him forward, the lizard cried out as he fell, before cracking hard onto the street below. Shantaro breathed a sigh of relief, however there was still one major problem, he couldn’t reach back up into his room and he was a good fifteen metres above the ground, the fall would either kill or badly injure him. Desperate he cried in vain for help.
“HELP! HELP SOMEBODY! FOR GOD SAKES HELP!” He rasped, the smoke filling his lungs, he was beginning to lose all feelings in his arms, the trauma of the fight had drained him of his energy and his back was in agony from his burns; he couldn’t hold on much longer.

DTG6407

BlackMelody
Aaron Mikau ~ The Mandrake Inn and Tavern

The two Dinoflos blocked Aaron's pathway forward. The sound of their weapons being unsheathed was eerie and long, grins spreading across their face as they glanced at each other then back to Aaron. The one on Aaron's left came forth first. He raised his dagger and attempted to strike Aaron, who easily and gracefully deflected the swipe and slammed his forehead into the head of the Dino. The impact was hard and Aaron instantly regretted it, though it seemed to do enough damage. The dino backed off reeling with pain, his dagger still in hand. He regained his posture before the other one decided it was his turn. Once again Aaron blocked the Dino's attacked, but this time he left out the head butt, instead he just threw his momentum onto the Dino and sent him stumbling backwards into his comrade.

Aaron saw the oppourtunity to captialize and seized it. He rushed forward, dropping his stance and was about to plung his sword through the neck of one of the Dinoflos when a blazing inferno spewed from one of their mouths, Aaron didn't see from which mouth it came. He jumped and rolled back, nearly dodging the flames. His back had made very little contact with his the fire, the rolling motion destroyed whatever flame may have started. He cringed slightly and felt his back with his off hand, the Dinoflos now regaining their posture. They were ready before Aaron and they charged foreward, daggers and claws swiping and slashing at Aaron. He felt a claw graze his stomach before he had enough time to react, jumping back again. He was nearing the end of the hallway, his back a few feet from the wall. The Dinoflos engaged him again, this time Aaron countered the attack, ducking underneath the swipe and behind the two Dinoflos. He let his blade cut into the back of the Dinolfos' legs making the creature fall to the ground reeling in pain. He spun his blade up to block the standing Dinoflos' blade who was attempting to shield his comrade. The deflection knocked him back slightly as Aaron sent the viciously curved blade down it into the stomach of the collapsed Dinolfos.

“HELP! HELP SOMEBODY! FOR GOD SAKES HELP!” Aaron heard the raspy voice of a tenant break out through the sound of burning wood. The distraction gave the remaining Dinoflos time to swipe at Aaron's chest. Two slashes in quick succession lashed across Aaron's chest, making him fall to his knees. The cut's were painful but not deep. He fought through the pain and got to his feet before the Dinolfos could capitalize. He threw his weight in the opposite direction his opponents attack, making the attack miss and making Aaron hit the wall. He used both his hands to launch himself forwards from the wall and into the creature. The dinoflos turned his head to see Aaron's wretched scimitar rip into his chest. Blood spurt from the wound onto Aaron's hand, chest and face. He backed up and shoved the corpse off of his blade with his foot, then promptly sheathed it and ran off to find the fellow tenant.

After braving fire and collapsing roofing Aaron found the room. The door was thrown open and the room was a mess. He could see a large hole in one of the walls and blood on the floor. Aaron ran over to the hole in the wall and saw a fair-skinned man hanging by one hand. He immediatly shot down onto his stomach and hung himself a bit out of the hole holding out one hand, just barely being able to reach the arm of the Gerudo. He pulled as hard as he could with the one hand, smoke was burning his eyes and still filing his lungs, making him cough violently. He threw out his other hand as he felt the weight pulling him out of the building as well and grabbed ahold of the arm him other hand had ahold of. He pulled with everything he had to keep the man from falling and bring him back up into the building.

Last edited:

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Reuskio jumped up, Dorn following suit. "I'll come with you, I have water spells." Reuskio ran outside. He took a moment while going out the door to study the pipe system. It was genius really. They must have been designed so that one voice could carry all around the Deku Tree. Dorn flew in front of his face. "Come on!" Reuskio nodded, and went out.

Already you could see Deku rushing toward and away from a certain direction. Obviously that was where the fire was. Reuskio followed Orpheus and Tarno out into the night. Dorn glided in front of him, lighting the way.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

There was a fire, huh? The white robed Poe considered it. She hadn’t done much in the way of major spells today, at most summoning the Peahat (who had been dismissed at this point). Overall, it had been a good day: exploring a wonderful crumbling dungeon, tricking and playing with various folks, getting a treasure that was immensely rare and immensely powerful, getting not one but two components to her lost house. But there hadn’t been much in the way of major injuries. Ridge had to be revived from an accident (the human did seem a bit accident-prone) and Rallen had that acid burn.

But an actual fire burn? There would surely be plenty of those at an inn fire. And smoke inhalation, and bumps, and bruises, and even some splinters…

She floated out of the Dragonfly. “Well I’m always up to helping…” she said, then giggled.

The Mandrake Inn was close to the Dragonfly, although not in immediate danger of catching fire with its competitor. While there was quite a crowd looking to quell the fire, it was merrily growing into a gorgeous monster… not literal fire monster, as this wasn’t the right environment for that kind of thing. The fire was turning into an impressive sight, although it was probably nerve-racking for even the ancient Great Deku Tree.

On spotting a member of the Deku Guard, she came down and smiled at him. “Hello. I’m a healer, so wherever you’re taking the victims…”

“Oh, err, that would be over there for the time being,” the Deku said, turning to face a wooden platform that was upwind of the fire. “We appreciate the help.”

“And I appreciate being able to help,” she said with a chuckle. She spotted some of the first victims, burned and drenched at once. Izfit prepped her spells. Now to get to her love of healing.

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Ridge

"She's not the same Skull Kid who dropped us in that pit. As for if she was the Litch Lord or not, who can say?" Orpheus said. That first part was maybe true, but the question if “Chani” as that skull-kid was named, was the Litch Lord or not, still gave Ridge a dislike for her. But he didn’t want to search trouble, so he decided he just won’t stay near her. That was maybe the best thing to do for now.

Short after they reached the inn, they heard about fire at another inn. Orpheus said they could follow him if they wanted to, but unlike the many other times that Ridge was scared, he remained from the dangerous situation. Ridge had a special dislike for fire, even though he didn’t know why. There was no reason that he was scared of that most then another things. He had never a special situation with fire, he even hadn’t got once a nightmare about that. But still, he was more scared of that than other things.

Because of this, Ridge decided to remain at the inn. Maybe a few Zora’s would remain too, but maybe they did like the danger, unlike Ridge. But whatever would happen, Ridge would remain in the inn. That was the most safe spot, wasn’t it?

jahz

Banned
OCC: eek! This thread is going scarily quiet people!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shantaro~ the mandrake inn and tavern

Shantaro heard footsteps approaching, he screamed louder and eventually a well built zora came to help him, with a long pale arm he reached down and with a final push Shantaro leapt to grab his hand. The zora pulled him up and back into the room; Shantaro smiled gratefully at him. Momentarily he forgot he was still in a burning tavern that was until the Zora brought him back to his senses, with a crude slap across the face. "Come on!" the zora yelled. Shantaro stood up and immediately fell back down again, something in his leg was burning "Guess that fall did more damage than i thought" he grunted "I think my ankle's broken" he said through gritted teeth. The Zora lifted his arm over his shoulder and propped him upright. "Which way out?" Shantaro yelled, battling the roar of the blaze. The zora yelled something back but Shantaro couldn't hear, he just followed him limping badly.

Burning beams crashed down in front of him, as they attempted to make their way out. Although his leg was in agony Shantaro kept going, he didn't want to slow the kindly Zora down or they would surely both die; red mist began to cover his eyes and a wave of incredible nausea washed over him. He staggered onward but he couldn't keep it up much longer, with a final grunt he leapt down a flight of stairs before landing in a crumpled heap at the bottom; the red mist now obscured most of his vision and all he could see was a pale blue shape running towards him before the mist swamped him and he faded rapidly into unconsciousness.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

Glancing up from the stream that she had been staring at Alex saw a pillar of smoke coiling up into the air. She sniffed the air and found it polluted with the stench of smoke. She shook her head, it wasn’t worth getting involved at this point, and it was a ten-minuet run from where she was at the moment. Perhaps she could find some other way to help.

She turned back towards the glowing furnace that was sure to be the death of a few. He temper was gone, but she still wasn’t quite herself.

Alex walked leaning slightly on her staff that was a few feet bigger than she was. It was dark out, dark enough that she almost missed the small figure rushing up to her completely in a daze. The figure was quiet a bit shorter than she was, but for some reason she saw him and he didn’t see her.

He crashed into her leg falling back wards, but barely fazing Alex. She looked at him lifting one of her eyebrows, “You really should watch where you’re going…” She stopped and looked at him closer, “Do I know you from somewhere?”

The figure turned out to be a Deku; his red cloak was slightly torn and matted from some earlier confrontation. It was dark enough that Alex couldn’t make out his face.

“Umm, uh… No I d-don’t think s-so…” The Deku said in a wavering voice full of fear.

“Are you okay?” Alex asked convinced that he was scared of her because she was quiet a bit taller than he was.

“Umm, y-yeah I’m f-fine!” He said as Alex crouched down to his height.

She looked at his knee and asked him, “Do you want me to heal your knee? It looks like you practically took a chunk out of it and you’re burned pretty bad.”

The Deku shook his head vigorously, “N-no I’m fine!”

Alex smiled, clearly amused, “It won’t take long. I can only heal shallow surface wounds anyways.”

Placing her hand on his wooden knee she closed her eyes and felt some magic leave her. When she opened them the Deku looked one hundred percent better though he might not have really been. He looked up at her and muttered a few words of thanks; getting back up to run again Alex saw a huge gash on his back.

“Hey I think I missed something,” She said grabbing his shoulder, “I don’t think I can heal that, but I know someone who can.”

Alex picked up the Deku and continued, “I that get’s infected you could be crippled for life.”

The Deku looked at her in horror, “What? I could die from this cut?”

“Yeah, I think. You might be safer coming with me, just for now at least and then you can leave.”

The Deku considered it and then nodded, “But I’m leaving once I’m healed okay?”

“Okay,” Alex smiled, “You should get some new clothes too.”

The Deku nodded, “Yeah, please I don’t want anyone seeing me like this… I mean all dirty and stuff.”

Alex nodded and then wondered to herself why she was feeling so nice at the moment.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe, Chani and ???

When they heard about the fire at the other inn, the group ran straight to the scene of the emergency. Zoe carried Chani on her back, but for some reason Chani was always looking into the shadows as if she was watching for something...

Zoe focused on the matter at hand. The entire inn was engulfed in flames, there was little hope for the buiding but the fire was going to spread. She reached into her pocket and took out her flute, Chani did the same with a wooden pipe.

"Follow my lead." Zoe instructed AV^ AV^. Chani followed along on her pipe and soon storm clouds were overhead, helping to douse the flames. Zoe noticed something else too. Their song sounded more stereo than just two.

"Hey Chani, can I see that magic knife Izfit traded you?" Zoe asked , leaning down to Chani's level.

"...Uh... I think I lost it." Chani said in her cutest way. Zoe saw her hand go behind her back and she signalled behind her.

Another shadow was in the forest and it had the same yellow eyes Chani had. Zoe shot a light arrow in the shadows way and stopped it dead in its tracks. Zoe walked over to the figure and saw another Skull kid, wearing similar clothes to Chani, slightly taller and holding the silver butter knife as a dagger.

"Stay back! I'm lethal!" a boy's voice answered. "You may have gotten Vern-Vern, but I won't go down that easy!"

"...Well whatdya know, Skull Twins!" Zoe said in pleasent surprise.