• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: The Missing Link

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
[Actually... I was hoping to do my thing between areas. Y'know, middle of nowhere, open space, no witnesses]
[Edit: Nvm I'll post this afternoon]

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
[And here we go, sorry for the double post]

Zoe, the Skull twins and ???

The Desert was hot, though you didn't have you state it, you spelt it out in sweat.

It was so hot, Chani and Shani didn't have the energy to fight over who got to hold Croaky for a while. Zoe was bothered less by the heat than Rallen and the other Zora tagging along. She knew why, but she'd never tell them her secret. She clutched onto her magic stones on her belt as their wagon approached the town.

After finally landing in town, the group got out of the wagon into the direct sunlight. The chorus of groans told that most wanted to sleep in the shade due to the heat. Zoe looked around and saw nothing out of the ordinary... Except for nothing.

Rocks fell down from small mezas near where they were, but there was no one up there to disturb the rocks. Zoe looked down at her own elbow fin. The curse that the red bauble laid on her back at the temple had grown much worse, as the dark area of skin had triple since the bite.

"Chani, are you a good at getting rid of curses?" Zoe asked as she knelt by the small skull kid.

"Yep yep yep." Chani chirped as she examined the dark patch of skin afflicted by the curse. Her hands started to glow when she uttered the words "Curse-remove" and the pain in Zoe's fin finally went away. Zoe nodded as thanks before standing upright and walking to the side.

"Anyone want water? I know you're thirsty." She asked the group. Almost as if by cue, chains came almost out of nowhere and caught Zoe around her heels are wrists.

Figures in varrying coloured cloaks surrounded them on all levels. Their faces were hidden, and only bright red hair and a little tan skin showed from the hoods.

"Surrender yourselves and your valuables or else the Zora girl gets it!" The apparent leader commanded. As she spoke, a few threw more chains at the group in order to capture them, and Zoe couldn't reach her bow.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
((OoC: I dunno what's planned, so I did what Izfit told me she would do.))

Izfit

Izfit was busying herself with thoughts of healing and the differences in body forms among races. Enough so that she didn’t fully notice that they had stopped. While the day was still too bright to her, it didn’t matter much when she was meditating. She busily calculated when the next major illness was due to strike (they tended to strike in cycles, and she knew them well).

But then some violence had to distract her, annoyingly enough. A cloaked gang had surrounded them and the wagon wasn’t moving. One of them grabbed Zoe with some chains and said, "Surrender yourselves and your valuables or else the Zora girl gets it!"

“How lame,” Izfit stated in a grumpy tone. “There are better ways to handle taking a hostage.”

She then snapped her fingers and turned five of the gang into brown Cuccos. The newly cursed birds squawked and hopped around, trying to figure out what was going on. While making that curse a multi-target took quite a bit out of her (especially causing it under direct sunlight), she didn’t let it show.

“Now if you’re not careful, one of your guys is gonna become a roast Cucco…”

She paused in a sudden distraction. After casting her curse, she noticed that there was an element of her magic around this dusty town. One of the components of her house? Most likely, and it would only take a minute or two to retrieve. There were plenty of others of the group still on the wagn, so getting that component back was more immediately important.

“By somebody else,” she finished, then left the group.

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Reuskio woke with a start. He had fallen asleep in the wagon, and Dorn was still nestled in his pouch. He wiped desert dust off of his glasses. Clambering out of the wagon, he realized he was a little late getting out. Everyone else was already focused on a group of cloaked warriors that had captured Zoe.

Izfit snapped her fingers, and part of the assaulters turned into brown Cuccos. Still, there were some to handle. Reuskio opened his palm and pointed it toward the attackers. "Ember!" Tiny red flames appeared in the air and spiraled into his palm, and a rod of fire shot into one of the cloaked people holding Zoe. The normally small rod was enlargened by the intense heat and sun, so the fire burned two of the enemies. He didn't have a chance to do much else though, because two of the chains caught him around the ankles and he flipped over onto the ground.

jahz

Banned
OoC: sorry i havent posted in ages guys :/

Shantaro's eyes snapped open as he heard a viscious crackle of fire, he saw the group was surrounded, masked figures blocked every exit route. Long tendrils of fire flowed from Reuskio's hands burning two of the enemies. Instinctively Shantaro uttered a quick Illusion spell, as fine silvery dust covered him he became nothing more than a slight apparation in the air. Now practivally invisable to the untrained eye he drew his staff from his back, it seemed to hum with anticipation in his hands. Making his way unseen behind one of the warriors he dropped to one foot, pivoting neatly around and sweeping the assailants feet from beneath him in a fluid and graceful motion before slicing the man neatly across his throat as he fell. Others nearby cried out in alarm, seeing there comrade fall to this invisible attacker. Shantaro pounced on the opportunity, swiftly killing another foe, again with a neat slash across the neck. He heard a dull thud behind him and saw Reuskio helplessly lying in the dirt, pinned down by sets of chains, running over to the scene his staff swung through the air once more, crashing down on once chain, severing the link, the staff whistled through the air again and the second chain broke. Free of the chains Reuskio leapt to his feet, as he did so a powerful spell fizzed around Shantaro; his eyes flared as his cover melted away. The gang of thieves smiled as he slowly faded back into view, Shantaro's eyes narrowed; somebody else knew magic here. As the gang advanced once more Shantaro smiled, adopting an offensive stance he swivelled his staff in his hand, going back to back with Reuskio the two nodded to each other, now things got interesting.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
???

The cloaked figures seemed unwavering, even though one of their allies was wounded and soem were turned into Cuckoos. The one holding Zoe's chains were dragging her towards their leader.

Zoe saw their leader's eyes for a moment, before they turned back to the soldiers. The two nearest the leader jumped into the fray. They healed the one that had been injured by Reusiko and uncrused their cuckoo-soldiers.

"Now!" the leader ordered. The ones still standing in the original circle finished their chanting and the ground itself chained the group. Izfit and Esper were put in enchanted chains to prevent them from using magic to escape. The same for Chani, as tight shackles clasped her tiny wrists beneath her gloves.

Zoe's eyes widened in terror as the figure in the symbolled-cloak approached the incapasitated Orpheus, draggin her behind with the chains. She removed her cloak to reveal her true outfit.

In the style that many Gerudo women wore, just wearing enough to cover the important areas, but she was lavished with golden jewelry and silver silk. Her red hair was put into two long pig-tails, each with a golden ring with a symbol on it.

Her warriors did the same, all looking similar, but not as extravicant, but all with the same symbol somewhere on them.

The leader examined Orpheus up and down before finally saying "Another Sheikah? Interesting." She patted Orpheus on the head to pratronize him. "Do you know who we are? We're the Teirad Clan. A ban of the greatest warriors this land has ever known. And do you know why?" She began smirking and looked Orpheus right in the eyes. "It's becuase we divercify. We take in the gifted girls from other people and raise them til they reach their peak. Sheikah, Zora, Goron, even a Poe or two."

She looked around at the group in their chains. "And it seems you have tried to do the same. But you have failed to make them reach their peak of strength... And your group's inquisitive skills are awful."

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Rallen

Rallen felt very powerless to these chains, even if he could reach his crystal of red, what hope would he have, after all, these chains were made to be strong. Rallen looked around for anything that he could try to squirm his hand to and either get this chain off or something, even attacking the Gerudos seemed like a good option at this time. The Zora looked to the ground, hoping, praying for an answer. All hope seemed lost, then he heard something about them training "gifted girls...[to] raise them til they reach their peak."

Rallen needed to come up with a plan and fast or rather everyone needed to. Rallen then thought of something, perhaps their blades could cut through, after all, Gerudos are known to carry the best weapons. He taunted, "You really also need to work on your fighting abilities, why I bet I could even beat you chained down here."

One of the Gerudo underlings took the bait, "Why I oughta..." She swung her sword down as hard as she could toward his shoulder. Rallen shifted his body so that the chain would take the blow.

As he anticipated, the chain on his right arm did chop off. He then gloated, "Got'cha." He swung the chain wildly at the Gerudos trying to hit them, if they were in range.

The leader Gerudo just walked up to the Zora, grabbed the chain, and said, "Your taunting skills are decent at least, but your flaunting skills need some work. Try again when you at least are a match for us." She took the chain and dragged it so that his arm would be very PAINFULLY outstretched overtop his back. Rallen tried very hard to keep from yelling or showing any pain at all, he was failing. The Gerudo continued, "Or at least until you can take some pain." She let the chain go for a bit, Rallen was too hurt to do anything right now.
------
OOC: I hope this is okay

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Lady Malla of the Teirad Clan and Zoe

"*sigh* Honestly, how did you put up with these guys?" the Gerudo leader asked looking back at the one on the end of the chain she held. Zoe straightened her terrified face as the bandit spoke.

"Hehehe.... HAHAHA!" Zoe's face broke into laughter. When her laughter died, her normally calm and cool expression turned into a saterical one. Almost angry looking eyes, a dirty little smirk and her voice changed into a grougher one. "I asked myself that all the freakin' time! I mean look at em: a sheikah to quiet for his own good, super greedy Poes; these guys are the most misfitted warriors I've ever seen, Boss-er, Lady Malla."

"No-no, Boss will do just fine from my most trusted Zora... Well my only Zora." the Leader Gerudo laughed. She reached into a small bag on her belt and pulled out a key. "Now, let's get those chains off."

"That's not necessary." Zoe chuckled and showed that she was holding the chains instead of being locked inside them. "What next, Boss?"

"To the fortress of course." Lady Malla laughed. "And which one has the leaf again?"

Zoe pointed right at Izfit. "She's got it in her inventory spell, I made sure of it Boss."

"Very well. We're off girls!" Malla shouted out and cheers echoed back from her soldiers. Gerudo girls began tugging at the chains and had the group march through the sand. Zoe walking right next to their leader with pride.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

The sounds from the mishap below made Alex shift her gaze from the endless plains that lay out behind her. She was sitting on top of the wagon; Arie was floating beside her trying to follow what was going on. Cloaked figures had appeared out of nowhere trapping the others in chains.

Since Alex was behind the rest of the group it seemed that no one had noticed her and there for had not captured her along with the others. She smiled, but did nothing to stop the figures that had recently raveled themselves to be Gerudos.

Arie watched a little shaken, “We should help them, shouldn’t we?”

“Nah, let them get their pretty heads messed with a bit before we decide to step in,” Alex responded examining her staff.

Arie’s wings drooped, but he resigned himself to silence watching as the Gerudo’s talked to the group. The Zora, Rallen, attempted to break free, but was stopped by the leader. Alex gave a slight laugh and Arie turned towards her dismayed, “You know, you’re not much of a hero. How can you watch them be taunted like that?”

Not looking at him Alex leaned her weight on the staff; “It would be senseless to go into the situation without thinking it out first. Besides, what does it matter to me if they get hurt? A sprained ankle a broken wrist, it’s not like it’s my fault or anything.”

“Why was I sent to you?” Arie said in a small voice, “Of all the people.” He straitened and resolved himself, “Fine! If you’re not going to help them then I will!” He flew off before Alex could try to stop him.

“Whatever,” Alex muttered trying to keep a level head, “At least I’m not the stupid one.”

Upon sight Arie tried to make the Gerudos dizzy, but failed miserably. He was captured and placed next to Chani the Skull Kid. He fell to the ground; at least he had tried to help.

Suddenly Zoe, the Zora, Began to talk with the Gerudo it seemed like they knew each other. Alex strained to listen, but the only words she heard were something about Izfit having the leaf and Arie mutter some curse words at her. Alex glared, things weren’t going as planned. Now couldn’t have been a better time to reavel herself she decided.

“Hey fish kid! (Sorry for the repeated nickname) Where do ya think you’re going,” Alex shouted as she slid out from behind the wagon staff in hand and bow hanging out in a position that would be easy to draw if needed. One of the Gerudo slashed a sword at her and she blocked using the chance to send a shock wave through the sword and through the steel blade into the things body making him fall back clutching his hand.

In truth Alex looked like a crazed kid high on sugar or something though in her mind she imagined something a bit better. “How about a fight?” Alex asked knowing that if it came down to what she actually had asked she would need to cheat anyways. In reality, that would probably not be what happened in the long run.

Avalon324

Avalon had been some ways off in the back, making sure they had not been followed. She sighed, noticing the wagon had stopped and there was some commotion. She drew her bow and nocked an arrow, approaching quietly. She noticed one of the group, a person named Alex talking to someone hidden by the wagon. Avalon frowned and slowly strafed to see that most of the group had been chained, with the exception of the Zora Zoe. She chuckled, and strafed back out of sight, hoping she hadn't been seen and nocked 4 more arrows along with the first and then stepped back out taking her time aiming for those holding the chains of the Poes making sure that one arrow would pass by Zoe and the person she had been chatting with.

She held her breath, and let the arrows fly. 4 connected with the two holding the chains of the Poes and the other passed between Zoe and the other. She stepped forward, nocking another arrow.

"Now, let me be clear, that arrow missed on purpose. The next one wont... so let's just release the others and move on our separate ways. I'd really hate to have to kill someone here." she said, letting the next arrow fly, making sure to hit the person Zoe was talking to before dropping the bow and drawing her katanas.

jahz

Banned
OoC: sorry this is so short, i just needed to correct a mistake.

Shantaro had no idea what hit him, one minute he was backed up against Reuskio, the next they were both lying on thier backs in the dirt again. Before he had time to recover himself binding chains clasped his ankles and pineed him firmly to the ground; he was helpless, the force that had knocked him over had left his staff meters beyond his reach. He was baffled, what had knocked him over? Surely he would have sensed magic...

Writhing like a furious serpent in a bag, he fought and kicked but the chains would not budge, the attempt was hopeless. With one final and lame attempt he kicked out hard, catching one of his opponents in the shins, which resulted in him getting a rather painful boot up his rear. Acceoting defeat he lay down submissively, panting heavily as he was dragged across the ground.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
OOC: The following was brought to you by...Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, because without it I wouldn't have been an LoZ fan. XD
Rallen

Rallen was baffled by this, his only Zora companion on this trip betrayed him and the entire team. Rallen thought, Why would she do this? Why? He thought more and more about it when someone came from behind the wagon, Avalon. He shot an arrow toward the kidnappers and stated, "Now, let me be clear, that arrow missed on purpose. The next one wont... so let's just release the others and move on our separate ways. I'd really hate to have to kill someone here."

The ones pulling the chains were distracted enough to allow Rallen to use his good arm, at first he thought about drawing his own crossbow then he realized, if that happened, all they'd have to do is move the chains to stop them from being hit. There had to be another way to get them, he thought quickly until it hit him, perhaps he could use the red crystal. Though he also thought, What if they mark me as a traitor for keeping secrets as Zoe did. But he had no choice if he were to have a chance. He grabbed for his crystal and put it into his necklace. "Let's see you handle this." His scales turned yellow (well what was showing anyways), his arms were more muscular and rocks started to stick out of his back. He grabbed onto the chains that held him and pulled the Gerudos back. He then had the urge to yell, "Falcon PAWNCH!" as he hit them with his fist.

A different Gerudo sighed and said, "Don't you get tired of losing? I mean someone of your status should be seen and not heard." She ran up to Rallen and started to jab him. Rallen tried to dodge, but the added weight prevented him from doing so. He could not move as quickly as he could. Though he always wanted to try that thing Gorons do to get around quickly. He rolled around into a ball and started to spin away then he turned around and came back to hit that Gerudo. She just grabbed one of the chains and started to twist and twirl it around the Zora/Goron thing. Rallen was once again trapped, this time more so than ever. The Gerudo went up to him and said, "I'll take that." She grabbed the jewel from his necklace. "Next time, stick to guarding royalty rather than guarding your friends, because frankly you're a terrible fighter." These words struck deep into Rallen, deeper than anything has before. The words, "You're a terrible fighter." echoed more and more within his mind, he...he didn't want to accept it but knew it was true, what could he do? After all, the last time he tried to help, he ended up unconcious in the temple in the woods, Rallen just gave up.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe

Rallen had turned into a half-goron monster and she had to admit, that was pretty cool. But Alex simply challenging her to a fight and calling her Fish kid [seriously not cool dude] was just irritating.

"Grrr, I've been wanting to put you in your place since we met y'little green annoyance!" Zoe took her bow and arrow out an armed a fire-arrow.

Two chains came from nowhere and locked over Alex's wrists. Lady Malla chuckled and gave the signal for them to continue moving towards the fortress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I suppose now would be a good a time as any to give you this back." Lady Malla said as she held something out for Zoe. It was another gold cuft for Zoe, this one was mixed with the Teirad clan's symbol with a Zora symbol. Zoe smirked and put the cuft on the skinniest part of her head-fin.

"Ah, home sweet Desert home." Zoe chuckled as the group faced a large cliff side. Confusion was the consensus as the non-Teirad wondered why a cliff-side was their home. Lady Malla answered their questions by walking through the cliff into their fortress.

It was an illusion outside, to keep the fortress cavern. inside, it was like any Gerudo Fortress, but with a giant statue over-looking the area, and girls from all over being trained. And harshly trained by the looks of it.

"Cool! I've got senoirity!" Zoe chuckled, looking at their new recruits. The recuits were doing endurance training, holding up buckets of sand at arms-length, but what was more difficult was that sand was coming down from the ceiling into their buckets.

Lady Malla walked over to Orpheus. "So, you are the group's leader are you not? We have a lot to talk about." She glanced over to the rest of the group. "Zoe, handle the rest would you?"

"You got it Boss!" Zoe saluted "OK guys, who's up for a little labyrinth action? Of course you are, let's go!" The gerudos with the chains lead them to a series of trap doors leading deeper into the ground.

"Here's how this'll go. Each of you is dropped into a different section of the maze. There are some weak monsters down there, but they're more for show than anything. Only way out is to get to the centre. Good luck." another Gerudo said before dropping them into the maze.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

Alex glared at one of the menacing rock walls that lined the labrth. Arie was besides her muttering, “Yeah, you were the smart one! Let’s just wait you said, no I said.”

“And either way they both sucked so don’t go giving me that crap!” Alex shouted at the red fairy, “Let’s just get out of here and fry that fish shall we!”

Both of them were still ****** at each other, but Arie nodded and both he and Alex began to walk through the maze. It was extremely dark in the labrth so Alex decided to light one of her smaller Deku sticks by magic and they continued on now only in semi darkness.

They walked for another five minuets until they found their first monster. Lucky for them, it wasn’t very big, and its red glowing eyes gave it away immediately. The bublin ran at them causing Alex to drop her stick causing it to go out immediately on the clod floor. Arie flew at the bublin trying to stay on the goblin like creature so that Alex could use the small amount of light to aim at the creature. Hooking an arrow she concentrated for a moment and let it loose causing the creature to disappear in a cloud of black smoke.

Suddenly somewhere a torch went on indicating that someone had beaten the monster here. Alex sighed and said, “Okay Arie, if we can find more of these torches we can light them or find the others.”

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Rallen

Rallen, feeling a bit down still, looked down the maze as he was trying to determine which way to go. As he neared any foes, he would not take the time to kill them, rather he just dodged them, thinking that they'd be a waste of time. Each time he made a change in direction, he'd slash the way so as not to go the same way more than once. If he rounded about, he'd go back the way he came from so he would not get confused. Nothing could stand in the way between him and Zoe, now he needed to find her and see just why she betrayed everyone, perhaps even the Zoran Kingdom itself.

Something doesn't seem right. Why, of all people, would Zoe betray us all like that? There must be something I missed, some sort of clue...but what? The more he thought about it the more his head hurt, then the obvious solution came to mind, the times that she disappeared before she joined. He heard all about the stories of her disappearing then suddenly becoming a sharp-shooter, if that were true, then...maybe just maybe there was something he could do about it. After all, Zoe wasn't the only one who had to train hard, even if it were under a different land, and now perhaps a test is nearby.

Suddenly he bumped into someone in the maze, though he did not know whom it was, as he was too deep in thought to pay attention. He drew his blade, in case it were a monster trying to kill him, but it was one of his comrades. Perhaps they had already seen the exit and came back to look for everyone else. Rallen thought, Wishful thinking. "Hey, you didn't happen to see which way you were going were you?" He asked.
----

OOC: Whomever wants the crazy Zora (not Zoe the other one), go on ahead and have him bump into you, it really didn't matter to me whom it was.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

In a way, the white Poe was annoyed at being captured. But that didn’t compare to finding another component of her house! She had found a bent nail in an alleyway littered with similar ‘junk’. But this nail was enchanted with her own magic. A nail, meant to hold things together… even in its battered shape, it remembered its task and did so in her house. That was three components found, and ten more somewhere out there.

After she got back to the wagon, magic chains had latched onto her. Her Cucco curse had been undone. All well. The nail was what mattered.

Zoe turned out to be an agent of an odd Gerudo clan. After the group brought them to a hidden fort, she had tossed them into a stone labyrinth. Um, had they forgotten that Poes could just move through walls? It was especially short-sighted since the leader claimed that they had a few Poes. They must have had Poes with a trait of loyalty, Izfit thought, but with enough of their trickster nature to still be jerks like the rest of this clan.

Izfit moved into the walls and searched around. Most members of the group had some magical item or aura that made them easy to find with Detect. For herself… well she didn’t have a trait of loyalty. However, listening to the various members of the mixed group provided some entertainment. She liked them; some were trying hard to be a hero like Rallen, while others weren’t trying at all to be anything like a hero, like Alec. Even the Skull Kids, at least for being fellow tricksters, even if their ultimate goal might be to slow the rest of them down.

In that case, she didn’t mind helping them.

Traveling through the walls, Izfit found the center rather quickly. There were six doors here, plus a way out going up. The strongest monster was in the center (of course; you couldn’t have a proper labyrinth without that arrangement), but as she was in the wall, it had yet to notice her. From the six doors, she could deduce the paths the others needed to follow. She then took another look around with Detect to figure out how they were doing.

Izfit traveled to someone she thought might need help.

((Or, have Izfit find you.))

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
The Skull Twins

"Why? Why would Big-Sis do this?!" Shani shouted to the heavens as he stabbed a bublin with the butter knife.

Chani was too busy crying to aim her attacks properly. She was blasting blizzards aimlessly, freezing a few Skull-fos by accident. After all the monsters were gone, Shani turned to his sister.

"Stop crying! We've got more important things to do!" Shani shouted.

"What would we have to do?! Big-Sis is the only thing keeping us from turning into what we used to be!" Chani sobbed "And now she's gone and turned evil!"

"Idiot! She was evil all along! She was just acting nice. It wasn't her keep us outta being evil ourselves, it was the thought of being better than the bad guys!"

He grabbed her hand and ran down a hallway blindly. He had no sense of direction, he just followed which ever way he felt like. But inevidently... He wound up in the same place they began.

jahz

Banned
This wasn't good. Locked in a deadlocked maze, monsters running riot, no idea where his comrades were, he was probably in a bit over his head. He considered scaling the towering walls, but then again would they really be that stupid, as to let people merely clamber over the top? Spreading his hands out widely he began to find small holds in the walls, moving swiflty upwards he soon reached the top. He was astounded, there must be a catch, they wouldn't just let him run across the top of the maze. Minutes past and still nothing happened, he was amused by the others, some where trying to hide their fear, others -like the skull twins- wailed out loud. Fear was a great motivator, years as an assassin had taught him to harness fear not waste it. Fear heightened the sense, made you more deft and agile, you could do things you could not normally do; you could run faster, move faster, fight harder...

Eventually he gave up the wait, lifting hiself of his stomach he crouched himself, looking around quickly he began on a stooped run; hugging low to the wall so as not to be easily seen. He was fast approaching the center of the maze and still without incident, he leapt nimbly over the various wall that the others were all trying to navigate in vain. He leapt across another wall and as he did so he saw one of his Zora companions below him, it was clear that his comrade was bordering madness. He was moving tenderly, his eyes darting back and forth. Shantaro felt abliged to help him "Here take this." he called, throwing the zora a shaarply pointed throwing knife, Rallen jumped at the sound of his voice, pivoting wildy to face him. "Take the dagger and scrape it along the wall, keep it on that same wall at all times and eventually you will find your way out. It's simple logic really, now go. If you find any other tell them to do the same." Moments later the hairs on his neck stood on end, the air hummed and crackled as he felt the build up of a massive surge of magic. "RUN!" he screamed, there was a wicked roar as a jet of flame rocketed towards him, sprinting as hard as he could he ran across the top of the labryinth. More fireballs rained down on his as he darted left and right, he didnt have time to see what had become of his Zora comrade, he could only hope he was safe. Looking up he saw a group of poes lined the top of the cavern: Another fireball soared down from one on his left whilst another flew at him from the front, diving desperately he jumped down into the Labyrinth once more; instantly the fireballs stopped, "So that, was the catch." he rapsed breathlessly. Standing up he noticed he was in a long straight passage leading out into and open courtyard, dull thuds resounded from within it.
"No way am i going in there on my own." he gasped, so there he sat, perched on a little rock inside a labyrinth inside a secret fortress, inside a mountain, held captive by a group of highly trained renegades. He smiled to himslef as he considered this, it was probably the most obscure situation he had ever been in, and he doubted anyone would believe him if he ever lived to tell the story...

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
"Orpheus. I'm sorry on the conditions we must speak. Honestly I would've preffered not to have had Zoe do what she did, especially when she was making friends like this." Lady Malla said with sincerity. "The truth is, Malbez's trechery has reached even the desert's sands. Look at what his forces have already done." She opened a valve was was suppose to bring water into the city from an underground lake, but was poured in was a purple sludge.

"The Gerudo people cannot survive without the waters of the underground lakes. The Teirads are no acceptions. We may have acted hostile towards you earlier, but in truth we wish to help you in any way possible. Which in our terms means training you."

Orpheus was calm and still during her monologue. He waited until Malla got a "well?" look on her face before speaking. "Honestly, I've had my suspicions about Zoe for some time now." he said. "But really I only have one question. Why all this? Why didn't you simply speak to us instead of ambushing us? Surely it wasn't just a test of our abilities, that could be arranged much easier than a capture attempt."

Orpheus went silent again as he waited for her response.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Lady Malla

"It is quite simple... Malbez came to me before the night of the meeting. We agreed that if we were successful in capturing the ones chosen to fight, he would stop his monsters from attacking us. But until that day came, we would no longer be able to reach our temple to pray or be able to find clean drinking water." Malla confessed. "We made it appear that we had Zoe decieve you and we put you in our cells. Just so we would have enough freedom freedom to defeat Malbez's monsters and free our Temple and our priests."

"If you were planning to decieve Malbez, how do I know you're not decieving me?" Orpheus questioned.

"...I suppose you don't. But hear this: We put Zoe through hell and still she is allied with both us, her home and your team... I suppose I should tell you her real reasons for being here."

[Narrated story tiem : D]

The Teirad Clan had journeyed to the Zora kingdom as to propose a treaty. Myself and my closest warriors went to meet with the king and his captain of the guards.

"I hope this meeting wasn't too sudden your highness." Lady Mallad greeted the Zoran King.

"Ho ho ho not at all Lady Malla. Peace is always welcome in my heart." teh King chuckled. "I suppose I should introduce my captain of the royal; this is Captain Zeke." He motioned to a rough-looking and very tall Zora. The captain merely bowed.

You see, we Gerudo are a spiritual people, we can tell someone's potential by the strength of their spirit. Zoe had a spirit more than ten-fold of her father.

A tiny little Zoran girl with reverse colour scheme skin came into the meeting room, dragging a tiny bow and dulled arrow set. She actually had bruises and a black eye.

"Zoe, what happened?" Zeke asked as he knelt down to her height. The little girl looked up with a smile on her face.

"We needed someone to practise on... I drew the short straw." she said with no spite. Zeke hugged her and swore at the instructor for picking on the weakest student. Zoe left her Dad's embrace when she spotted a Zora boy around her age, helping his father bring weapons in.

"Hi Rallen."

"Got chosen to be the punching bag again?"

"Ya, I don't mind though."

Seeing her inner strength, and how she was underestimated back in her home, we knew we had to do something. One of my warriors was a seeing and saw that dark times were coming. We needed all the strongest fighters we could at any cost. But we had to train her in secret of her own home so as to not bring too much attention and threats to her. Though, not a day goes by I don't regret doing what I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"But why? Why are you doing this?!" the young Zoe cried as chains were slapped onto her wrists. "I thought you wanted peace!"

"You will know our reasons soon enough. You will be put through hell, but it will all be worth it, that I promise you! And if you don't do as we say, I'm afraid we will have to punish you." Lady Malla threatened as the rain pounded down. They had cornered her while she was in a music session with her frog friends. Unfortunately, she had summoned a storm to hinder them.

"Oh yeah, you just said you were putting me through hell! What punishment could be worse?!" Zoe shouted.

"Not on you. On the one dearest to you. What was his name again?"

"...Rallen..."

She eventually figured out that our threats were empty, but continued to come with us quietly whenever we arrived to take her. She thought of the desert as a second home, and us as a second family. She was a great warrior... no matter what hardships we laid on her, she knew she would fight to protect both homes and both families.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who are you?!" Lady Malla demanded.

"My name is Zoe! Born of the Zora people, raised by the Gerudo. Embraced by the desert wind and heat, but strengthened by heaven's tears and blood; the water."

"What is your purpose?!"

"To destroy those of evil intention. Rescue those lost in the dark. Avenge the ones killed in cold blood!"

"And where does your alliance lay?"

"My alliance is in my home. My family. My heart."

"And with those words of truth of the heart, I deem you as a true warrior!" Lady Malla shouted for the entire audience of Gerudoes to hear. "And with that; I bestow you with the relic that will only be used to its potential by your truest aim and truest soul." She threw a belt with red, blue and yellow stones on it. Zoe caught it and bowed.

"Thank you Master."

[End of story : D]

"Her alliance never left that of her home, or you. What we did was for the greater good. She may have been under our instruction to join your group and make sure you got here, but her love for you all is strong." Lady Malla finished.