• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: The Missing Link

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

Alex was slightly annoyed at Reuskio for taking her sheild, but she brushed it off and batted another couple undead away. Suddenly behind her she heard a cry for help. Turning she saw Ridge trying to take on fifteen undead, there was no way he could do that by himself.

Jumping over a couple Deku, Alex lunged at two of the undead with her staff knocking them down to the ground. Doing a slight spin she hit another two, but they didn't faulter from their attacks.

"Ridge! Get back to back with me! It'll be easier to fight them that way," Alex yelled as she parried the attack of an undead human.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Orpheus ~

The Litch Lord's beam reflected from Reuskio's (well, Alex's) shield and hurtled back towards the necromancer. The creature tried to dodge the beam, but Orpheus lashed out with his chain whip and grabbed the Litch Lord's leg. The creature cried out in pain, a very unnatural sound that would but a Poe's cry to shame, as the beam hit with a burst of energy. Orphues' scarf caught a bit of the energy and the last foot or so just blew into dust. Shocked, Orpheus jumped back as the Litch Lord continued to write in pain. As Orpheus jumped back, a good portion of his chain just collapsed into rusty shards. Apparently the energy could age non-living things as well.

The Litch Lord seemed to radiate with the green energy for a moment before the green aura that had surrounded him the entire fight just blew away. He feel to the ground, landing on one knee. The creature looked up for a moment before green energy began slowly coalescing around him again.

"Zoe," Orpheus shouted, "Hit it with a Light Arrow quick!" As he did, the Litch Lord looked him in the eye. Its expression was surprisingly one of understanding. Maybe there was still a bit of the Skull Kid in there after all.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe

"You got it!" Zoe shouted back. She finally let the light die down and she tapped a single arrow onto it. "C'mon, come back Skull-kid."

The creature was thrashing still, so it would be a tough shot. Zoe concentrated so hard, time slowed down almost. She finally saw a clear shot.

"Hit!" she shouted as she released the string on the bow. The light arrow flew and hit the monster square between the eyes.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Orpheus ~

Even though the chain had shattered, and was therefore no longer holding him in place, the Litch Lord did not attempt to dodge the arrow. The light arrow struck the creature right between the eyes with a burst of light. The Litch Lord twitched once before lines of light spread across its body and its black skin literally peeled back from the point of impact and blew away in little torn fragments. After a few moments, nothing was left save the end of the arrow witch clattered to the ground, the front having been completely burned off. Their source of life now gone, the various undead simply stopped where they were and fell to the ground in various heaps as the green light faded from their eyes.

Orpheus breathed a few heavy breaths as he took in the new stillness around him. He looked at the spot where the litch Lord had stood just a moment ago, now just a scorch mark on the ground. Orpheus felt sorry for the Skull Kid, but in the end it was probably the Skull Kid who had saved them. If there was one thing Golbez would not have taken into account, it was the soul. The litch lord may have been a fearsome opponent, but at its heart it was still a child and it simply couldn't bear its own existence. Orpheus would make sure that Golbez paid for this atrocity, even if it cost him his own life. He said a short prayer, in his native language, for the Skull Kid before gathering the others.

Esper

As Esper took out another set of undead enemies, Esper heard a scream that made him have to cover his ears. It was filled with surprising sorrow, and anguish. Esper shook his head as he dispelled another stalfos with his fireballs. Esper looked at the Litch Lord, who had just gotten a taste of his own medicine and was now in much pain.

"Hit it with a light arrow Quick!" Orpheus yelled towards Zoe, who followed orders without hesitation. The arrow hit the monster between the eyes.

Nice shoot... Esper thought, shocked at the zora girl's bow prowess and accuracy. He would congratulate her skills later, after he saw the fate of the Litch Lord. It did not move, and slowly began to dissipate away. Esper felt sorrow for the poor Skull Kid, since Skull Children were kindred spirits so to speak. The Skull Kid wanted to be destroyed badly, no longer a free spirit, but one bound by Golbez. Esper reached into his wallet, and lifted the blue rupee stone in the air. It seemed to be looking at him, beckoning him.

"Feast... Feast and grow stronger!!" A strange voice was heard in his head. It seemed as if the stone wanted Esper to eat it, and Esper wanted to eat it, which was strange since he rarely ate anything. Esper perished the thought, and placed the stone in his wallet, feeling a strange presence leave, a malevolent presence. Esper relaxed his body and looked at Orpheus, who was saying a prayer for the Skull Kid. Esper floated next to him.

"It makes no sense to be angry about this..." Esper could feel the anger inside of him, the sense of revenge. "The Skull Kid is free for now... The best thing is a prayer to resolve the restless spirit..." Esper spoke solemnly and calmly, hoping to relax Orpheus. He waited a moment, then looked at Orpheus.

"Where to next 'sir'?"

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
The Vincent Chronicles, Chapter One: Wait at the Great Tree

~Vincent Gourichi~
~Current Location: The Great Deku Tree~

Vincent had finally caught up with his group, but as it seems they had already set out for the dungeon. Vincent was peeved at this, but just decided to cool down until they showed up again. It wouldn't be that bad; apparently they were almost done according the note they laid down. It's details were:

Hey, fellow fighters! We've been out fighting a dungeon for a while, and we just need you to wait. Assistance will be on the way after we take these monsters down!
-Orpheus, Unofficial Leader of The Warriors.

Vincent was happy that they left a note, unlike what they did in the beginning of the journey! Vincent was late because The Warriors never told him when they were leaving, and he had to nearly kill himself trying to catch up in one day. Well, at least he finally made it. I just hope that these guys are nice, Vincent began to think. Because if they aren't, maybe the journey won't be so exciting as I thought it was going to be.

And as the day drew on, Vincent continued to wait at the Great Deku Tree, hoping his teammates would come along soon. Then, he said something out loud. "I wish to go questing with them, but will they ever let me catch up?"

I hope it was okay for Vincent to post his waiting period at the Great Deku Tree, because I wanted to get that introductory post over with. We are probably going to meet up soon, based on the last couple of posts, and I wanted Vincent to be waiting for them once they arrive back from the dungeon. Anyway, that was post #1, and I hope you guys liked it!

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Ridge

Alex went to save him, but one undead was already going to give Rich the final blow.

"Aaaaah!" Ridge screamed as the undead moved his sword to him. This was it. He was going to die. Just as the sword was going to slash through Rich, it stopped. Ridge looked at the Skullflos, to mention that it was collapsing.

It turned out that just at that moment, the Litch Lord had died. With him, the undead did also.

Orpheus said a prayer for the skull-kid. Ridge didn't know if he deserved that, because he had let them fall in that pitfall trap. But maybe, there was something good about the skull-kid. He didn’t knew what, but maybe he would find that out.

Ridge thanked Alex for trying to save him, and went to Orpheus. But, wait a moment. He didn’t have arrows anymore. Ridge went back to the dead undead, and took his arrows out of them. He needed them more then they them. Then he went really back to Orpheus.

jahz

Banned
Shantaro was irritated, he had overslept the previous night; something he never usually did. This had meant he lost a lot of time and ground to the other warriors.This made it incredibly difficult for him to catch up and he had narrowly avoided seriously injury; attempting a risky rooftop jump.

He now sat on the roof of a nearby building; overlooking the great deku tree. Basking in the sunlight, he stretched his limbs lazily, awaiting the return of his fellow comrades. He had arrived several hours earlier to find a short letter scribbled hurriedly on a piece of paper, it read simply.

Hey, fellow fighters! We've been out fighting a dungeon for a while, and we just need you to wait. Assistance will be on the way after we take these monsters down!
-Orpheus, Unofficial Leader of the Warriors.

Shar could see a blonde haired Zora waiting quietly and patiently by the tree, he had contemplated confronting him, but had decided against it: he never had much of a way with other creatures; his shady actions were often misinterpreted as ones of violence. Most seemed to fear him and would walk aside if he came near, but who could blame them? After all he was an assassin: and what was to say this Zora would be any different. So he shrank further back into the shadows; waiting silently.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe

Zoe was picking up the arrows that could could salvage like Ridge was, saying nothing during the whole time. Orpheus would lead them out when they were ready and right now, Zoe knew one person who wasn't ready. She looked up from a pile of dust that was once an Undead and saw a shadow on a ledge high above them.

Zoe face broke into an honest smile and she reached into her bag. She pulled out a stuffed toy frog that was old and patched up multiple times, but was still in good shape. The mis-matched blue and yellow button eyes stared back at Zoe and reminded her of when she needed Croaky. Nowadays she kept him for good luck, but now she found someone who need Croaky more than she ever did.

"Take good care of each other..." she whispered, hoping the shadow would hear her best wishes. "C'mon guys, let's get outta here." she said so everyone could hear.

"Thank you..." a whisper came. Zoe looked back and smiled when she saw Croaky was gone along with the shadow.

Avalon324

Avalon

Avalon approached the Great Deku Tree quietly, not expecting any one to be around. She caught sight of a blonde haired Zora and had eyed another sitting on top of a building.

"Think they're here for the same reason?" she asked Shadow quietly. The Poe shrugged. She sighed, and dismounted Shade, her trusted mare. She let her go graze approaching the tree more. She spotted a piece of paper, and snatched it out of the air, it having flown away in the light breeze, it read;

-Orpheus, Unofficial Leader of The Warriors.

She nodded, and settled near Shade, waiting to see what the others would do.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

So there would be no saving of the Skull Kid. Too bad, Izfit thought. A healing like that was always a nice challenge. She wandered around, giving Ridge a quick healing (she had noted him getting surrounded earlier, but she and her Peahat weren’t much for attack magic power). She checked on the others.

Her Peahat followed her around like an obedient little minion, spinning its yellow propellers around in a whir. “Don’t attack my minions,” she warned the others, before anyone of them had the funny idea to do so. It was of no problem to her if it got defeated. She just cared about her monsters and preferred to be the one to send them away.

As the undead were gone and everyone seemed okay (Orpheus’ whip was a loss, though), she hovered and glanced around to see what, if anything, was still around.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: Sorry for the delay guys, I had the whole post typed up yesterday, but my computer ate it or something so I had to re-type it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Orpheus ~

"Thanks Esper." Orpheus said to the Poe. For some reason, he felt a little more at peace.

He turned to the rest of the travelers, no the rest of the warriors. They had certainly proven themselves in the past few hours (which felt like days). Each one of them had come a ways since he had first met them, but they still had a way to go before they would be ready to face Malbel. This encounter had proven that Malbel was not only capable of complete remote possession, but he was also able to use his own magic through the possessed body, regardless of that body's natural abilities. This meant that Malbel really could be anywhere. Heck, he probably set all this up without ever setting foot in the swamp, much less the temple, himself. At least the white eyes would be a tip.

"Alright guys," he said to the group. "I think its time to find out where that green energy came from." Orpheus took a quick look around before finding a small, rusty door on the far wall. Hopefully it would lead down under the colosseum floor, because that had to be where the green energy came from. Orpheus motioned for the others to follow him as he headed towards the door. After getting some help from a few of the others, they finally managed to push the rusty door open with a loud creak.

The other side of the door revealed a dark, damp staircase that did indeed circle back around to head directly under the colosseum floor. As soon as the group rounded the bend, a strange sight awaited them. The ceiling, and a bit further in the walls and floor, where covered in glowing fungi of various shapes and sizes that radiated a dim green glow. The result was rather eerie.

What made the atmosphere even worse was the upcoming maze of chambers. The entire bottom of the colosseum was basically a catacomb. Skeletons and other macabre things decorated the walls, wether in actual crypts or cemented into the walls. All over the place, the dead were scattered around as if they had simply fallen while trying to dig out of their tombs. Which they probably had. Some were even clawing their way up and into the ceiling when the Litch Lord had fallen, and as a result there were occasional legs and torsos hanging from the ceiling.

"Well, I guess we know where the undead came from now." Orpheus said. With the glowing green mushrooms everywhere, green light often reflected into some of the skulls scattered around, just like the green light that light the eyes of the reanimated. Orpheus was a little worried that something would grab his leg as he walked by, but the dead were once again dead.

As the group neared the center of the arena, the area where the syphoning circle had been, A much stronger green glow began to shine around the various columns and crypts. As the group neared, Orpheus got a clear view of what lay ahead, and actually stopped in his tracks. It just shouldn't have been possible, but right in the center of the arena, amid a massively tangled bunch of all kinds of plants which in turn crawled with all kinds of insects, was the Emerald Leaf. The Elemental Stone of Nature, representing life itself. It was right there, close enough to touch. Orpheus had never even seen it in person before, and now here he was staring straight at it.

After a moment of surprise, he finally moved to allow the others to enter the circular chamber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Don't think I forgot about you new guys. I've got something in store for you while the main group finishes up.

~ Kinpo - Base of The Great Deku Tree ~

That letter had worked out nicely, Kinpo thought to himself. The main group had gone ahead, but with the abruptness of the call to arms Kinpo was certain that there would be a few stragglers. And it turned out that his intuition had been correct. This time at least. He had made a few bad calls in the recent past that he'd like to forget. And now, it looked like his luck was about to change.

Kinpo waited a little longer to see if the group would get any larger before approaching them. He thought he recognized one of them, but he didn't think that person would recognize him. Deku tended to all look alike. Besides, he wasn't even sure if he did in fact remember this person. Agh, so many people came through the marketplace anyway, he was probably just imagining it.

Kinpo, a Deku of course, approached the group dressed in a Leaf Guard uniform (which was basically a coat of reddish leaves) and saluted them.

"Greetings warriors." he said. "You must be here for the call to arms correct?" he asked them. "Why don't you guys come and take a rest in the Inn? I have some information to convey to you guys from Orpheus." he said.

Last edited:

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
OOC: Well, here comes my excuse.
Rallen

Rallen was knocked out by the acidic creatures, though no major damage was done. He now found that his friends probably did not notice his disappearance and went on ahead. He went up the stairs down the hallway and found the group surrounded a giant creature, as well as a few skeletons, though all were all defeated. Suddenly, Orpheus motioned everyone to come, Rallen too decided to come. He went up to Orpheus and said, "Sorry, I'm late...sometimes it seems like I have someone forget all about me on weekends."

He then saw the jewel in front. It glowed a beautiful bright green. He looked at it for a minute then asked, "Hmmm...this jewel looks very interesting. Any ideas what it is?"

jahz

Banned
Shantaro- Rooftop somewhere near the Deku Tree.

Shantaro awoke abruptly, his eyes immediately darting back and forth scouring the scene around the Great Deku Tree. He noticed a Deku guard approaching the tree; this one was dressed in a reddish Leaf uniform. ‘He must be here for a reason.’ Shantaro thought, and with that he abruptly stood up, leaving the comfort of the Shadows and jogged steadily over the rooftops towards the Great Deku Tree.

He landed in the courtyard after a spectacular and neatly executed flip, crouching on the floor not ten meters from the base of the trunk. Soon the rest of the stragglers started congregating in a small huddle at the base of the tree: awaiting the arrival of this messenger, hopefully he had some information on their quest. "Greetings warriors." The Deku called welcomingly. "You must be here for the call to arms correct?" he asked them. A show of brief nods and muttered yeses resounded around the group. "Why don't you guys come and take a rest in the Inn? I have some information to convey to you guys from Orpheus." he said. Shantaro- along with the rest of them- fell in line behind the guard, following him curiously to the inn.

Last edited:

Avalon324

Avalon stood when the Deku approached, listening to his suggestion. She patted Shade and lead her along, falling into step beside the Deku. Shadow floated down to him, peering at him, with an almost quizzical look in his eyes.

"Isn't this the Deku who you told me about? Said you dealt with him before." he said. She merely nodded, but kept quiet, figuring if he were here, that there wouldn't be any trouble. She sighed quietly, and looked at the others from the cover of her hood, sizing them up.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
~Leon Gourichi~
~The Great Deku Tree~

Leon was approached by a strange creature, who seemed to be an assassin. Something about the creature was likable, but besides that, another creature was right in front of him. What do these creatures want? Leon thought to himself. I thought I was the only one missing!

The one in front of him and the other creature was a Deku. Kinpo was his name, and he approached the group dressed in a Leaf Guard uniform (which was basically a coat of reddish leaves) and saluted them.

"Greetings warriors." he said. "You must be here for the call to arms correct?" he asked them. "Why don't you guys come and take a rest in the Inn? I have some information to convey to you guys from Orpheus." he said.

Leon was tired from the rest, so he decided rest in the inn for the discussion. "Ok, kind sir! Let's go!" And so, he ran to get to the inn.

The reason why Leon doesn't know what type of creature Shantaro was is because he stayed around in his own river district, and didn't really see any creatures besides Zora and the occasional Deku before he went on the quest.

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Ridge

Ridge didn’t like all those skeletons. It was just that they would move soon again. Just to be sure they wouldn’t, Ridge took some arrows, and moved them between two ribs. Now they would have at least have some trouble with moving.

After he did every skeleton, he looked to the strange stone Orpheus was watching. He had seen that from somewhere before, but where? Being a person that wants to know everything, he grabbed a book, and moved through the pages, looking for a picture that looked like the strange stone. After 187 pages, he finally found one. Ridge looked to the description.

The Emerald Leaf. Nothing that special likely… Wait, was that not one of the stolen Elemental Crystals? How did it end here? Why would somebody leave it here, without protection? Or was the Litch Lord the protection? Maybe, Ridge thought. Or are these skeletons maybe the protectors? Ridge prepared sword and shield, if they were going to take that crystal away and those skeletons would attack, then he wanted to be prepared for it.

DTG6407

BlackMelody
Aaron ~ Great Deku Tree

The journey to the towering wonder of a tree was long and hard. It took Aaron a noticable amount of time just to reach the edge of the forest, where he could see the giant tree peaking up from the regular tree tops and climbing it's way into the heavens. Aaron trekked on further into the forest, this time without Kirek. The terrain had unnerved the horse and so although it pained Aaron to leave his new friend behind, he did so. He watched as the horse sped off into the distance before he turned and began cutting his way into the forest.

Once he had arrived he took in his surroundings. Almost immediatly jumping out at him was the humoungous tree. It was breathtaking and awe-inspiring to see. Aaron couldn't help but let a crooked little smile cross his face as he let it's vision seep into his brain.

"Greetings warriors."

Aaron overheard a Deku speaking. He was addressing a group of interestingly dressed adventures. Aaron crept closer, listening as the little Deku had peaked his interest. The little crystal at his chest shuddered slightly as if it was cold or afraid. He glanced down for a second and clasped his hand around it. After another quick moment he had released the stone and blended into the back of them. They didn't appear to notice him slip into their little group. The Deku kept speaking.

"You must be here for the call to arms correct?" he asked them. "Why don't you guys come and take a rest in the Inn? I have some information to convey to you guys from Orpheus."

The name Orpheus made the stone shudder again, this time it was harder and it seemed to glow slightly. Aaron quickly concealed it beneath his hand, almost sure that the others had now noticed his presence. Luckily, the act was quick and overshadowed by a Zora in the front who said, "Ok, kind sir! Let's go!"

Aaron followed suit with the others and followed the Deku to the Inn.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit, Emerald Leaf Chamber

There was a fascinating array of skeletons down below the coliseum. Humans, Deku, Skull Kids… she spotted a skeleton that was of a Zora. She wondered what the luckless water person was doing around here to wind up down in this crypt. She also wondered what the others would think if she played a prank with the bones. However, seeing a couple of them act superstitiously towards them, decided to hold off for a bit.

She saw Rallen finally join them, so she drifted back to heal up an acid mark on his shoulder. “Oo, that would’ve burned if you went back in the water.” She chuckled to herself, then looked back at the rows of skeletons.

She saw a glint of metal on one of the skeletons that had been trying to dig into the dirt ceiling above it. Drifting down, she checked out the gold ring, then plucked it off the dead human’s hand. It was rather dirty and was just a plain band, but a good cleaning would make it a nice trade item.

Turning back to Rallen, who had asked about the green jewel, she quietly asked, “Hey, look at this. What do you think it does?”

He looked at it for a bit.

“Absolutely nothing!” Izfit cackled, then put the gold ring away. Then she went over to the more powerful magical item that she had sensed all along.

It was a lovely and powerful thing, but that would mean they’d probably not let her get a hold of it. Made of emerald, the carved leaf shone with energy. Wondering, Izfit used Detect on it again to see if she could see anything more about the shining stone now that she was close to it.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

Alex followed the group only stopping to take her sheild back from Reuskio. Alex being Alex hadn't liked it when Reuskio had taken it and acted the part of the hero. Taking back the sheild with a litte more force than what was required, Alex hefted it back in her bag and then continued on with the group. Her mood was ruined at the moment and her clothes were covered with dirt and grime from the battle.

Not caring for the heaps of skelatons in her way she crushed the skull of a human one under her boot. The sound echoed through out the rather empty room, but she was to busy gloating to care. she continued trampling over some random bits of bones as the group finaly stopped at something.

Looking up Alex saw the green emerald leaf. It sparkled radiantly making Alex stare at it in awe. Her eyes contracted in longing for a second until she realized what she was doing. Pushing her face back into a expression of indifferance she inwardly hoped that no one had seen it.

"So when we getting out of this dump," Alex asked grimly.