• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legend of Zelda: The Missing Link

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: Alright, I think I've let this bit drag on a little too long. It's time to continue the adventure!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Orpheus - Dragonfly Inn ~

Orpheus carefully considered the matter before finally deciding to hand Kinpo over to the authorities (after he kept his promise to pay for the damage to the Mandrake of course) with a full list of his crimes, which went something like this: Assisting a murder attempt, assisting an arson, setting the marsh on fire (a serious offense in these parts), attempted murder, eavesdropping, aiding and abetting wanted fugitives and criminals, impersonating a Leaf Guard, conspiracy against the Deku Kingdom, and conspiracy against Galdora. If he was lucky, he'd get life in prison.

After about another hour of time spent in the Deku Kingdom, Orpheus gathered the others for a final meeting before they headed out.

"It looks like our job here is finished. It seems the general consensus is to head to the Gerudo Kingdom next to search for more information. It is a good plan, the Gerudo are know for having spies throughout the land so it is likely that there would be plenty of information to gather. It will also give us an opportunity to drop by The Goron Kingdom on the way to ask around there as well. So if there are no objections, the Gerudo Kingdom shall be our next destination."

He paused for a moment. "On the way, we'll stop by Veresis, Norn, and the Goron Kingdom. If we leave now, we should be able to reach Veresis shortly after nightfall. Normally, It would take a little longer, but the Deku King has seen to it that we get the use of a trolley to the edge of the woods. The trolleys travel on wires above the ground, so it will make the trip through the jungle much faster. Not only that, but we are some of the first non-Deku to use the trolley system, so it is an honor." Orpheus said. And with that, they headed out.

~ Timeskip - Veresis, The Farming Town - Late Night ~

The sun had been down for about an hour before the group reached the faming town of Veresis. The ride in had taken them past field after field of various crops. Miles and miles of fields surrounded the town, with the more valuable crops being grown further inward. The group entered the town without any trouble (Veresis was hardly what you could call "on-guard") and found the town to be alive with people, animals, and music. Although the sun had set, the town was far from quiet. It seemed that this was quite the lively town.

"Alright guys, I'm going to go find us a place to crash for the night. Why don't you guys go and enjoy the festivities? Today is the Full Moon Festival, so you should be able to find all kinds of things to do. Consider this an official break from work, at least for tonight." Orpheus said as he tossed each person in line a pouch of Blue Rupees (save Izfit to whom he presented a carved sheikah charm since he felt he had to give her something). "Here, I think you've earned this." he said. Each bag contained a total of 70 rupees. While that wouldn't be a great amount back in the castle town, here it was basically enough to cover anything you wanted to do for the night. "I'll catch up to you guys later." he said as he headed off into the crowd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC@Cyberblastoise: don't worry about the time-skip, if you want to finish up your side-story, feel free to do so as long as you end up in Veresis.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe and the Skull Twins

The night air in the area near the desert was cool and crisp. Quite enjoyable compared to the sweltering heat of the day-time. Good thing the twins had their magician-esque hats or else their already black faces would be burnt. Zoe barely worked up a sweat in the heat, contrary to Rallen's poor condition.

When the night came and the money bags were handed out, Zoe examined the conditions of the team. Esper was greedily coursing his boney hands through the ruppes, while Izfit glared in disgust. Least Orpheus was smart enough not to give her one. The Skullies were wanding around the shops, looking for candy stall.

Zoe looked up at the starry sky and the full moon. She spoted her favourite constalation; Piscies. She grabbed two arrows and ran up the face of a small cliff.

"This is a festival ain't it?" Zoe shouted to the entire town "So where are the fireworks?" She laughed as she shot a light arrow straight up slowly then shot a fire arrow after it. The two collided and exploded in a show of light and sound. Zoe heard cheering from the entire town and people asking for more, she answered their calls and sent up a few more arrows.

[Location: A few kilometers from Versis]

The show of light was seen for kilometers and a smal group of cloaked females saw it clearly. The one with a crest on her cloak pointed in the direction of the small town and the group ran with grace and speed through the field.

Last edited:

DTG6407

BlackMelody
Aaron Mikau ~ Veresis, Full Moon Festival

Aaron was much into festivities. Games and all that lot uneased him. He was very competitive and couldn't stand losing, it bothered him to the point where he thought he might kill his opponent. Of course he wouldn't, that would be absurd, the anger was just that intense.

He decided to skip whatever games there might have been and examined some of the trinket stalls. Aaron heard a crack and a bang after a few minutes, he looked up from an exotic looking ruby bracelt and saw a small image of a Zora standing on top of a small cliff. Whoever it was was a skilled archer, probably one from the group. The fireworks show amused Aaron, he truly did love fireworks, even makeshift ones. He smiled as the lights exploded in the night sky, the stars behind them shone brightly and Aaron could pick out the constellation Piscies; his birthsign. He smiled again and shoved his hands in his pockets. He felt the bag of rupees in his pocket and fidgetted with them as he walked throughout the festival, he spotted many members of the group on his way, though he was searching for one of them in particular: The Gerudo whose live he had saved.

After the incident with Kinpo he felt that the Gerudo might want company, someone to talk to. Though he could be wrong. At the least he could get his name. Aaron didn't like referring to him as "the Gerudo." It felt racist. Atleast to Aaron.

Aaron's crystal had been calm the entire journey to Veresis. He forgot he had it at one point and terror flooded through him as he grabbed at the location where it should have been on his chest. The feeling of relief was sweet as his hands felt the smooth yet pointy edges and curves of the crystal. He felt the crystal vibrate every so slightly as he touched it, as if it was acknowledging that Aaron was holding it. The crystal fascinated him, and he was desperate for more information on it. Perhaps it could be used to help the Gerudo.

Aaron didn't know, but what he did know was that it held a lot of secrets. Some of which he'll probably never unlock in his lifetime.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Rallen and the Gerudo saleswoman

Rallen in his new form entered into the Gerudo's tent. There she started to explain, "While you're in this form, your strength increases at least 10-fold. You also lose your weakness to both fire and ice, in fact you could say that out of all the transformations, this one is the most immune to both."

"Wow, this form sounds amazing," replied Rallen looking at his own new two hands.

"Hold on," interrupted the Gerudo, "there's more. While in this form you are as heavy as rocks, you'd sink quick in water, and you won't have a way to breathe. Something else about your new form though, you're also a lot slower because of your increased density. So the good balances with the bad. Understand?"

"Yeah, so stay away from watered areas. Gotcha," answered Rallen. "One more thing though, why didn't you give me this crystal earlier?"

"Honestly, the way of the Gerudo is mystery itself. Our ways are many, and I knew that our paths would cross once more, just as I knew that this form would have been useless to you, but that's enough for now. I will go as will you." She exited the tent, Rallen removed the crystal from the necklace. Then he left the tent to see the Gerudo had completely disappeared. He looked around for a little bit, but she was gone completely vanished.

Rallen then decided to head back with the group. They were all prepared to go into Gerudo territory, he might meet the shopkeeper again if he traveled there. Perhaps she can answer the various questions that he has. However, they were to stop by a couple of villages and the Goron territory first. As he gathered up his things, Rallen thought about the necklace. For now, he'll keep the fact that he can actually transform a secret, until the time is right.
~-~-~-~-~-
Timeskip to Veresis

Everyone started to split up at the town to enjoy a few festivities. Rallen decided to head to the marketplace to see if he could find the Gerudo once more, however no such luck. He then decided to head to where most the townspeople were at. The place was lively.

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Ridge
Veresis

Ridge finally counted himself as the most unlucky person in the group. First that horse trip to the woods, then a thief, sinking in the swamp, a rain cloud that gets summoned above him, a partner in the group that brings people in that almost kill them or lookalikes of them, then again the horse trip to Veresis, and now the bag with 70 rupees that were thrown to him, but accidently did hit his face. If somebody else felt he/she was more unlucky, the nominations could start now.

After counting everything bad that has happened to him, Ridge decided he should look around. With still the thief from the deku kingdom in mind, Ridge held his items close to him. He wouldn’t like to be stolen again. He also didn't want to get near the skull-kids, because he still didn't trust them. After all, a pitfall trap is not the most nicest thing to do to somebody else.

The first thing that he went to was, of course, a book shop. He needed new books right now. After getting some about the Goron kingdom and the Gerudu Kingdom, he decided it would be nice to see the festivities. From a safe distance from other people, of course. He needed some time alone, without anyone. He went out of the busy streets, until he found a silent place, with nobody else around it. Ridge seated down, and looked to the sky where some beautiful fireworks was going on.

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Veresis

What an uneventful ride. Even excited little Dorn stayed rested on Reuskio's shoulder most of the ride. When the time finally came to split up and go through Veresis, Reuskio and Dorn were up and ready to go. They received 70 rupees each and were given time to shop and take part in the festivities. Reuskio headed over to the shops with Dorn. Rallen was a few paces ahead. There was something about him that felt odd. He had something that was emanating magic. Reuskio was about to ask when he spotted a bookstand. Dorn looked up and caught sight of the fireworks. "Cool!" He caught a glimpse of a figure standing on a small cliff. It was that Zora girl from the group. She must have been making fireworks with his arrows. Dorn flew up, away from Reuskio, to the Zora. He hovered in the air next to her. "Hi! I'm Dorn, Reuskio's fairy. What's your name again?"

Reuskio walked over and skimmed his eyes over the titles until one caught his eye. "I see you take an interest in that there book, eh?" Reuskio looked up, surprised, at the sudden gruff voice. An old Goron was sitting there, presumably the shopkeeper, gazing at him intently with a smile on his face. "The Spellcaster Volumes, Part 3. Nature," he recited. Reuskio pushed up his glasses. "Yes. It looks very interesting. I am a magic-user myself, you know. How much would the book cost?" The Goron laughed. "I like you. It's a hundred rupees, but if you do me a favor I'll lower it to 70."

Reuskio agreed. The Goron leaned forward. "Alright, well, look. There are seven volumes in the series. Healing, Fire, Nature, Storm, Earth, Transformation, and Energy. All of the books are enchanted, so that only magic-users can read their contents. As you grow more powerful, more spells will be visible to you. That means if you see a spell written in here, you are strong enough to use it. The ones colored it blue are easy and weak. The ones in black are regular. The ones in red are stronger and harder to accomplish. The stronger you are, the easier spells will be. Right now some spells for you will be colored black. If you get stronger, the book will make them blue. So, the book looks different for every person. I want you to see if there is a spell in there that grows plants." Reuskio leafed through the book. "Yep. Here. It's colored in blue." The old Goron smiled. "Good. Now, try and raise this flower." The Goron pulled out a potted flower from under the stand. The flower was big, but wilted and brown. "This is one of the most beautiful flowers you can pick in these parts, but this was the only one I found. I want to give it to my wife. We had a fight recently, and I want to clear things up."

Reuskio looked at the book for a moment. "Fertilizer." Green, sparkling dust floated out of his hand and encircled the plant. The flower gradually stood back up straight, vivid colors of red, purple, and blue returning to its petals. The Goron was delighted. "Thank you! Never mind what I said, the book's 50 rupees!" Reuskio pulled fifty rupees out of the satchel Orpheus gave him. He turned to leave, the book in his hand, but looked back. "Wait, what's your name? Mine is Reuskio." The old Goron smiled again. "My name is Demesus. It was great to meet you Reuskio." He nodded and left the shop area, heading toward the center of town to take place in some festivities.

((I couldn't help myself. The sidequest thing is really cool. Reuskio'll be collecting the Seven Spellcaster Volumes.))

jahz

Banned
Shantaro wondered slowly around the bustling marketplace, tents lined the paths each filled with something more incredible than the last; he smiled as he felt the blue pouch full of rupees, that Orpheus had handed him earlier. He saw excited waves of townsfolk flooding towards the town centre; a magnificent firework display was taking place, a small figure was silhouetted the night sky, perched high on a cliff they shot flaming arrows across the darkening horizon. A chilling breeze washed over him as he mad his way to the marketplace; lifting his hood over his face he shivered slightly and followed the crowd. Shantaro felt the divine aromatic smell of fresh honey cakes waft towards him; he couldn’t resist that. Five minutes later, he had perched himself on a rock at the edge of the town square; staring up in awe at the majestic fireworks blazed like comets across the sky. It felt good to be home, the familiar smells, people of the same race, the characteristic tents, and that Poe, Izfit, had worked miracles with his back; he couldn’t feel a thing , was completely healed although it had left an ugly scar. A chorus of oohs and Ahhhs rippled through the crowd as the most spectacular fireworks yet rocketed into the sky. Mesmerised Shantaro sat there for the best part of an hour watching peacefully, occasionally he would see other members of the group walking by but most didn’t seem to recognise him amidst the crowd.

A group of tall hooded Gerudo clad in white leather wandered through the marketplace; each bore a symbolic tattoo of three green gashes across their right cheek and had twin katanas swinging at each hip. Immediately Shantaro was on high alert, this was some serious trouble he was stuck in. His heart raced, he had to find cover, if they recognised him they would surely kill him. He hurriedly cast an illusion over himself but soon dropeed it as their magical abilties were equal to his and they wuld see straihg through it; in fact it probably drew their attention. Shantaro-being an assassin- was no novice in the art of stealth and evasion, he was probably one of the best for that matter, but so were these gerudo. They went by the name of "The Veil" and although very few have ever heard of; let alone seen Malbels Assassins, Shantaro was all to aware of the danger they posed. This guildmaster Garza had taught him of these warriors and had warned him to flee at the first sight of them, if he was outside the protection of the guild: and therefore that was his exact plan now. Right now there was safety in numbers, especially when dealing with The Veil. Where was his group? His blood ran an icy cold as thier gaze passed slowly over him, keeping his composure as best he could he slowly worked his way away from them. If he couldn’t find somebody soon, they would surely find him, and then he would be doomed. He shrank further back into the shadows before slicing a neat slit in the tent behind him and stepping into it. Once inside he found himself in a musky smelling bookshop with an old Goron sitting at a desk, a bemused expression crossed his face when he saw Shantaro. "I don't know what you just came in here for, but im giving you a warning; you better get out fast." Shantaro appreciated the patience of the goron before bowing curtly and leaving. He walked out into the now quiet streets, the entire village seemed to have congregated in the marketplace, "Great." he mumbled "Now i have even less cover." Just as he said this he noticed Reuskio slip round a corner hold some ancient book, Shantaro raced after him his feet making no sound as he ran down the cobbled street; the kokiri had been rumoured to posses great magical ability; maybe he could hide him. Urged on by this thought he powered on skididng round the corner before surprising the Kokiri by crashing into him and ushering hi minto a tent where he breathlessly explained what just happened. "Please" he gasped "You've gotta hide me, they'll kill me. The white-robed gerudo's work for Malbel. To many to fight....must hide." he rapsed, gasping from breath.

Last edited:

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Reuskio was startled by a shove from the side. He was pushed into the tent, and saw his "attacker". It was the Gerudo that had joined them earlier. He gasped out to Reuskio, begging him for help escaping a band of other Gerudo that were trying to hunt him down. Reuskio looked outside. There, a tree. Reuskio pointed toward it.

"Climb up there. Be quick! I think there is a spell in here that can help."

Reuskio began to read from the new book. There it was, a spell that could help the Gerudo. It was colored black. "Camoflauge!" Reuskio pointed at the Gerudo, and more green dust flew from his hand. It encircled the nearby tree. The tree branches bent and twisted, tightly covering the Gerudo up in leafy branches in the center of the tree. He was nearly unnoticeable now. The leaves and branches twisting around him were too dense for anyone to see through. Reuskio called up to the Gerudo. "You might have to stay up there a while! Just hold on!"

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Alex

Arie floated lazily around Alex as she pulled her bow string back and let loose another arrow. The arrow head whistled through the air and struck near the center of a bullseye about fifty feet away. Alex growled and nocked another one as she threw another blue Rupee at the startled game host.

People behind Alex glanced curiously, but returned to their shopping and games. The second arrow flew through the air striking the bulls eye strait on. Alex gave a content grin and walked over to the dazed game host to claim her prize. He gave a faint smile when he saw that she had won and gave her sixty rupees, enough to make up for the thirty that she had spent and extra.

Alex dumped the rupees in her bag and walked away from the booth, Arie landed on her staff which hung diagnoly off of her back. A sudden display of fireworks shot through the sky and Alex frowned. She continued walking as Arie looked up at the display memorized.

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, two white robbed Gerudos appeared in front of Alex. The continued walking strait and crossed paths with Alex. Just as she was passing them, Alex gave one of them a sharp jab in the ribs smiling as she went. Those two needed to relax.

The one that she had elbowed whipped around grabbing Alex's arm roughly. She pulled it away and smiled, "Come on? Can't you take a joke?"

They glared at her and continued on towards what looked like Reuskio and some overgrown tree. Smiling again, Alex swiftly darted into the forest and watched what was about to take place from there.

DTG6407

BlackMelody
OOC: I've been playing Assassins Creed 2 lately, so I couldn't help but add a refernce to it. I think that'll be my sidequest for this RPG. Collecting ancient assassin tools.

Aaron Mikau ~ Veresis Full Moon Festival

After awhile of searching Aaron gave up. He had come across so many different stalls that interested him and walked by them in search of this Gerudo. He knew it sounded racist, and it probably was but, a lot of them all looked alike. The majority of them women too, then again Aaron had heard something pecuilar about the males in the Gerudo race.

Aaron found a weapons stall and approached the dark skinned saleswoman who was attending it. He had asked to see this odd lookng glove and had been tampering with it for a few moments, the Gerudo woman smiled mischievously as Aaron tried to find out what exactly was so special about this glove. It cost the hefty fee of 120 rupees. It looked just like an ordinary glove to Aaron, except for a little slot that was barely noticable at the base of the palm of the glove. Aaron had overlooked it several times as he scanned the exterior of the glove.

"Why don't you try putting it on," suggested the Gerudo woman.

Aaron looked at her and had second thoughts. The look on her face uneased him, but then as if she had read his mind she reassured him it wasn't dangerous. Aaron removed his right, dominant, hand glove and attached the odd looking one. He opened and closed his palms, the top half of his fingers were exposed as the glove was fingerless. After a few flexes of the fingers he bent his wrist inward towards his abdomen, and then out towards the back of his forearm. There was quick but almost completely silent ping sound and a long blade that reached all the way across his hand from the base of his palm ejected from the small hole in the glove. The blade reached about 2 inches past the tip of his middle finger. A devilish smile grew across Aarons face as he looked up at the saleswoman. Satisfaction painted her face aswell.

"Now that, is cool. But 120 rupees for one glove with a hidden blade inside?"

"Well first of all, it's not just one glove. It's a set."

The Gerudo saleswoman left her stall into the surrounding tent. She came back with a small wooden box and another glove that matched the one on Aarons hand. The Gerudo woman allowed him to dual wield the gloves and try them out. He waved his arms back and extended his wrists so the blades poked out. The resounding ping sent a chill up Aarons spine. A good chill though.

The saleswoman opened the small wooden box to find two replacement blades and some other accessories. Aaron was desperate to buy these blade. They fascinated him. He had to own them.

He negotiated with the woman for a few minutes, though she stood strong at her price of 120 rupees. Aaron began to get fustrated. He had wished he had more money. He blamed himself for the insufficent funds though, not Orpheus. He was gracious to have been given the money, and he had made a mental note to repay him after this was all over. He didn't like taking things for free.

After more failed propositions the Gerudo saleswoman grew tired of arguing and took the wrist blades. She had turned to go put them back inside the tent safetly when Aaron cried out "No! Wait..."

She stopped and turned around, a strange look on her face. The crystal at Aarons chest vibrated slightly, then suddenly it emitted a pulse that would have normally made Aaron falter backwards. The pulse actually had no physical effect on him or anyone else around though. The Gerudo saleswoman looked a bit glazed over though. She stared into Aarons eyes blankly.

"Okay. 70 rupees. That is as low as I go." She uttered in a bit of a monotone.

Aaron couldn't believe it. Did the crystal do that? Amazing. He didn't care what caused the change of heart, Aaron tore the bag of rupees from his person and threw them at her. She caught them with ease and returned to the stall, laying the gloves and the box infront of Aaron to take.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you," she uttered once again. This time she sounded more like herself, and that glazed look on her face seemed to disappear. Aaron nodded and bidded her farewell. He left his old gloves at the stall for the Gerudo woman. He felt a little guilty for tricking her like that, but his rejoice for obtaining the gloves was immense. He slipped them on carefully as he slowly walked through the festival.

After awhile of messing around with the gloves Aaron spotted a Kokiri girl who had been roughly grabbed by two white robed Gerudo men. He was about to mobilize to help her as he recognized her from the group he was traveling with when they backed off and began walking towards another Kokiri who was ironically also part of their team, this one was a male though. Nearby him was a very oddly shaped tree.

Aaron had a bad feeling about these white robed men, the crystal vibrated humbly at Aarons chest as if to confirm this. He made sure to follow close behind the men, just incase they decided to try and stir up some trouble with his Kokiri comrade.

Last edited:

Avalon324

~Avalon - Veresis Full Moon Festival~

Avalon had pocketed the bag of rupees and had wandered the festival partaking in some of the games or food stalls that were set up around the square. Though had finally settled to trying to gather more funds before doing anything else was was trying to gather a crowd of people to her. A group of about six or seven approached her and she grinned. She had set up a group of makeshift targets and had her bow out, betting those that approached her that she could hit 5 separate targets at once. She wagered her 70 and those against her chipped in 5 a piece for a grand total of 35 rupees that she stood to gain. They each laughed at her and said she couldn't do it. After they had finished laughing she turned and nocked 5 arrows and took aim. After a moment more she let go of the bowstring and it snapped forward with a twang, sending the five arrows flying and in the blink of an eye they each impacted a different target. She turned back toward the stunned group and collected her winnings. The group started to turn and leave.

"Wait, once more? If I win, I get 500 rupees, you fine lot win, I'll wager everything in my wallet and my two katanas." she said to them, setting them down. with her wallet. The group conferred and one stepped forward, setting down two silver and one orange rupee.

"Deal, you could never do that twice." he said. The others in the group doubted what he had said and had chosen not to chip in. Avalon nodded and removed the arrows from the targets and drew five new ones and took aim. She steadied her breathing and again let them fly, each one again striking a different target. She turned back, and collected her things, before taking the rupees.

"Thanks for playing." she said, leaving them stunned. She quietly slipped the person who had allowed her to use the materials 100 rupees as a thank you and went on her way, collecting her arrows and placing them back in her quiver. She found a place and settled watching the festivities.

~~~~
OOC: Likin some of the sidequests people are coming up with. I'm now trying to think of one. Heh.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Zoe and the Skullies

A little fairy had flown right up into ZOe's face and asked her her name again. Apparently his partner forgot.

"Name's Zoe."

[Skullies]

"Candy~Candy~Candy~" the twins sang as they wandered the street, looking for sweets. They spotted Ridge, a boy they knew was fun to mess with. "O Ridge, come out n play!"

"Dazzler!" Chani sang, showing Ridge with sparks and light. Ridge was blinded temporarily and stumbled backwards. Shani positioned himself behind Ride so that he tripped him.

"Hehehehe!" the two giggled before running off.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

A festival. Happy people were celebrating good times and a good year thus far… at least for their farming community. There was music, dancing, games, laughter, and even some fireworks after a while. Nearly every member of the group had gone off to enjoy themselves under the starry sky. Most everyone was filled with joy and hope.

Izfit despised such festivals.

She knew what the problem was. It had to do with a Poe’s innate nature. Her kind loved ruins and abandoned places, the routes that gave other races fear and dread. Loneliness and despair drew them; this kind of celebration usually kept Poes far away. In fact, she would have liked to leave the town until this thing was over.

However, one thing kept her near. There were many merchants that had come here for the festival. Knowing their ways, one of them might have a component of her house. Of course, much of it looked like junk. But there were a few pieces that might be grabbed up. The silver candle holder, for one.

Although there was one merchant with a great many candle holders, none of them were hers. And none of the other components seemed to be in this town either. Grumbling to herself, Izfit drifted into the one building that she didn’t mind being in around a festival, the pub. While she didn’t drink herself (alcohol had a rather harsh effect on her), she might get some entertainment out of teasing the drunk people.

There was a fair number of people here, men and women. She found a group that was getting intoxicated, but not quite drunk. One of the young men asked her, “Hey, what’re you doing around here?”

“Being here, of course,” she retorted. “What’s going on?”

“Full Moon festival,” one of the other young men answered. “Been a good year; now we just have to hope that they don’t raise taxes and we don’t get any bad storms.”

“Amen to that,” one of the young women said.

“Your fields do look quite nice this year,” Izfit noted. “I only came here looking for something, but if I hadn’t had a reason, I wouldn’t have come through here.”

“Well that’s good news,” one of them said.

A woman nodded. “Right, cause you seem not that bad, for a Poe. If you wouldn’t come through here, the darker spirits probably wouldn’t.”

One of the young men put his glass down with a thump. “Hey, did you hear about the new rumors about the King of Galdora’s death? They say that he was killed by a foreign assassin with only one eye.”

“That’s ridiculous,” one of the women said.

“No it ain’t. Listen to this.” And he started in on some ridiculous story about a one-eyed assassin.

Izfit went ahead and listened to the ridiculous story. That might get them to talk about other more interesting things that may or may not be true.

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Ridge

Another thing for the nomination of being unlucky: Murders or lookalikes of them, that play tricks on him. Before he could do anything, the Skull-kids already fled. They hopefully hadn’t stole anything…

Ridge looked through his items, but nothing was away. Or it had to be an arrow, since there were too many to count. But those Skull-kids may do something in the future again. But what could Ridge do against them? If he told to anyone about it, he would only hear to live with it. Almost everyone knew that Skull-kids did like pranks. So it wasn’t a good option to tell somebody that he was tricked by them…

But what could he do else? Buying a book about them? Ridge really thought of this option, but it was likely that the book didn’t held anything how Ridge could prevent pranks. And even if it did, the Skull-kids could use another prank that what was in the book… Also no option.

And what if he tricked them back? Ridge quickly went through this one. He would easily get accused of being “mean” against them. Why him, and not them?

The last option. Spying on them. If he knew what they did, he could prepare and avoid the prank. Ridge did choose for this one, but to spy, he had to find them first. Ridge went into the direction where the Skull-kids went, being sure that if he found them, they wouldn’t find him. That would make the situation likely worse. So Ridge tried to find them, without being found himself... Hopefully.

(OOC: Have no fear, Esper is back with a vengeance......)

Esper
Veresis

Esper slipped out of his wallet, into the happiness of the small farming town's festival. Many a farmer was smiling as they watched musicians play bluegrass music. They danced wildly in strange uniformity. The whole area seemed crowded and filled with life, much to Esper's distaste. Esper smirked as he thought of how much misfortune he could cause to the poor farmers. Esper reached into his wallet, removing a small sickle he had found on his way into town. He slowly floated around to a couple of stalls, hoping to find something willing to trade for.

After passing by a few uninteresting stalls, Esper stopped as he saw something glistening in the corner of his eye. Esper turned slightly as he saw a strange robed figure with a few sculptures and other nick-knacks on the table in front of him. A bottle of alcohol sat next to him on the ground. Esper slowly floated towards his table, noticing a couple of gems on the table.

"Excuse me sir, but can I help you?" The robed man looked up, staring at Esper with his white eyes. He looked very old, almost decrepit. His skin was pale and leathery, looking rough to the touch. His long nose sported a single wart on the brim of it. His fingers were just as long and spindly. Esper cleared his throat as he began his bargaining process.

"Yes my good man, it appears you can..." Esper paused as he stared at the amulet on the man's neck. "Where did you acquire such a brilliant stone?"

"Oh ho! A treasure hunter are we! I was lucky enough to find this stone in my youth." The old man lifted up the crimson stone, and appeared to eye it with increasing nostalgia. The crimson stone glow auburn under the festival lights. It radiated with a strange presences, almost magical presence.

"You could call me that..." Esper spoke lightly as he eyed the stone wearily. Esper reached into his wallet, and grabbed a strange mask out of his wallet. It had a spooky smile on his face, and a single eye with a stone in the middle. Esper noticed the other mask that appeared identical to the one he held behind the mask.

"What is it you have there?" The man asked, probably hearing it rustle in the slight breeze. He held out his hand, and Esper passed it to him. The old man touched the mask and smiled.

"I think you will find everything is in order..." Esper smirked as the old man unhitched the chain that held the auburn stone. Esper grabbed the stone and coveted it calmly.

"Thank you sir..." The man smiled as Esper turned away, looking for a secluded spot away from the festival...

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

She wasn’t learning anything interesting from the pub, other than the usual farmland news. Somebody’s cows had gotten loose, this crop needed rain, there was some monster bothering people… same old, same old. She just hoped none of the others in her group heard about the last part. It was a perennial problem, usually with pretty poor rewards, that some local farm boy would probably handle in coming days. Over the years, Izfit had heard that kind of story over and over and over again. Not always from this place too.

And they were getting to the point where they wouldn’t provide any more useful or remotely reliable information. One of the young men put down his empty mug, so Izfit carefully picked it up and peered into it. “What’re you doing?” he asked.

“Reading your future,” Izfit lied. “It’s like reading tea leaves, but with the remains of beer. I don’t charge nothing for it.”

“Really? Great.”

“Yeah, that old hag charges an arm and a leg for fortune telling,” the other young man said. “And then she gives weird fortunes that could mean anything, or give you the strangest instructions to follow to treasure.”

“But she’s always right,” one of the young women said. “If you can follow those directions, I mean.”

“Fortune telling is an art,” Izfit told them. “Now here… I see that you’ll spend many nights here.”

The other three laughed. “We know that without fortune telling,” the other woman said, playfully punching the man in question.

“Hmm,” Izfit said, looking into the mug as if deciphering carefully. “And then one morning, you’ll wake up to discover that you’re old, bald, flabby, with a gut to rival that of a woman bearing a child. And… ooo, that’s not good.”

“What’s not good?” he asked, on the edge of believing.

“You’ll also have a certain disease,” she answered in false seriousness. “It is…” she then set the mug down and whispered it in his ear.

His face went red. “Th-th-that?”

“And the only cure for that,” she went on dramatically, “is amputation.”

His face then went pale. “I am never drinking beer again,” he said in a quiet shaky voice, then got up and ran out of the pub.

“Wait!” The woman who had been with him got up and went after him.

“Oh dear, look at the time,” Izfit said. “I’d better get going so I can find what I’m looking for.” She left the pub then, before its owner could get mad at her for scaring off customers. After a moment, she decided to go see what Orpheus was up to.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Orpheus - Veresis, the sidequest farming town ~

Although he would have rather stuck with the group (he had been traveling with them for over a week now and still didn't know too much about most of them) the current circumstances simply wouldn't allow it. Orders were orders after all. Orpheus waited until the designated time before leaving the Inn he had chosen, the Blue Cucco Tavern, and heading out to a small house nestled in a back alley, making sure that he not followed by anyone, even his team members. Orders were to keep this meeting top secret, so that's what had to be done.

The old door swung in with a faint creak as Orpheus entered the small dwelling. He closed the door behind him and waited for what he knew was coming next.

"Were you followed?" a voice said from somewhere to his left.

"No, of course not." Orpheus said.

"Good." the voice said. A series of candles lit around the room filling the room with a dim, but appreciated light.

Three figures stood in the room. The first, the one on Orpheus' left, was a young, thin Sheikah warrior. He wore the traditional blue and white robes. The second figure was leaning against the far wall, staring across the room with empty eyes. His violet robes were thick and flowing, obscuring most of his features. Only his stance gave away his gender. The third, an aging Sheikah in red and white robes and sporting a gray beard, was seated at a small round table, one of the few pieces of furniture in the room. It was towards this figure that Orpheus walked.

"Sir." Orpheus said as he took his seat in the only other chair at the table.

"Orpheus, I know that you have many things to worry about right now, but I'm afraid that you're the only one I can entrust with this information." the red robed Sheikah said.

Orpheus nodded. Whatever this was, it would have to be a matter of grave importance to warrant a meeting outside of one of the clan halls.

The old master motioned for the violet robed Sheikah to come over to the table. After a moment, the Sheikah finally stood straight and headed over to the table, his eyes now filled with concern rather than that empty gaze. Rather than taking a seat, he simply stood next to the table.

"My name is Serro. I'm a seer from the Moon Clan." the violet robed Sheikah said. Orpheus nodded, the Moon Clan was his clan. They had probably called on him for aid to avoid seeking help from another clan.

"My sister Sari is a seer as well, but she was born with a certain talent for the art. She is one of the most adept seers we've had in many centuries." Serro said. "However, she has gone missing, and... and we fear that she may have been kidnapped."

Orpheus did his best to remain expressionless, but something about what Serro had said was nagging at him, he just couldn't remember why.

"Do you know something about this Orpheus?" the old master said from across the table. How the old man had seen through his mask, both physical and emotional, he had no idea.

Orpheus shook his head slightly. "It seems that I'm... Wait a moment." Orpheus said. The memory was coming back to him. It was when he had seen Maull back in the Deku Kingdom. His hostage was wearing violet robes, just like Serro here. Orpheus explained this to the others.

"Hmm, so Maull was the one who abducted her? That does not bode well." the master said. Serro was staring at the ground quietly, having sat down during Orpheus' story. "I know you have much to worry about, but I must ask you to keep an eye out for any trace of Sari."

Serro's gaze was blank once more. After a few moments, the life returned to his eyes. "I'm afraid that I'm not as good at this as my sister." he said. "All I can see is the same few images. A giant statue, a golden shield, and a tall tower. I'm sorry I can't be of more help that that. Believe me, I want to help find my sister." he said.

"I don't doubt your abilities." Orpheus said. "I'll keep those images in mind." Orpheus said. "We're currently on our way to the Gerudo Kingdom, and those three things certainly sound like they could be related to the fortress."

"Then make haste Orpheus, for time is of the essence." the master said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Orpheus had returned to town after the meeting. It was starting to get late, and the festival was finally winding down. Orpheus had spent the remainder of the night at the Blue Cucco, but now that the night was winding down he thought it would be a good time to head out into town to find the others.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Izfit

Thankfully, things were quieting down. People were still a little too joyous for her tastes, but it should be over if she were patient. Izfit located Orpheus coming out of the Blue Cucco Tavern, apparently looking for them. “I prefer this place in the winter,” she told him. “The fields are quite lovely then, devoid of crops and coated in snow and ice. It’s stark and silent then.”

“Have you seen the others?” he asked.

“Not really. Esper probably left town to get out of this, and Zoe was off on the cliffs that way. I was at the other pub, chatting with the locals.”

“Anything interesting?”

“There’s a rumor that the king was killed by a one-eyed assassin. But that’s it. They weren’t entirely reliable sources.”

(OoC: I hope that little conversation was all right.)

jahz

Banned
Reuskio began to read from the new book.. "Camouflage!" Reuskio pointed a long bony finger at Shantaro; a curious green dust sparkled from his hand. It encircled the tree, Shantaro was in, wrapping it up like a Christmas present. The tree branches bent and twisted, tightly wrapping their long rough tendrils around him; lifting him into the leafy branches in the centre of the tree. He was nearly unnoticeable now. The leaves and branches twisting around him were too dense for anyone to see through. Reuskio called up to him. "You might have to stay up there a while! Just hold on!" So there he sat, completely oblivious to all that was going on around him, he couldn’t bear it wriggling around he managed to draw a knife from his pocket; stretching with his fingertips he cut a small peep-hole, through which he could see the events unfolding below. It wasn’t good; the Gerudo kept walking towards him, coming closer each second. He lowered his breathing as two of them came to lean casually against the tree; Shantaro strained his ears, picking out any words he could grasp. “That Aeroflos tricked us...”the broader of the two murmured” ‘What on earth was an Aeroflos?’ Shantaro wondered: realising he had lost his focus he turned back to the Gerudo beneath him. “Where is he now?” the other said. “I heard....” a cry of oohs and ahhhs from the town square muffled his sentence, “cave..” again the oohs and ahhhs drowned them out, “...-st of the Gerudo Fortress.”
“Let’s go” the taller one said abruptly, “find the others.” The other robed figure jogged away obediently.
After a nerve racking half-hour stuck in the confined tree, Shantaro was relieved to watch them leave; their white cloaks fading into the distance. The tree released Shantaro from its grasp, allowing him to drop neatly to the ground. As the Kokiri slunk back out of the shadows he thanked him, graciously praising his magical skills. “How about I buy you a drink?” Shantaro said, smiling gratefully.” I’ve heard there’s a great tavern not five-hundred yards from hear, The Blue Cuckoo I believe, I still have twenty rupees left; should buy us a beer each. “he said smiling as they made their way
towards the tavern.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ooc: hope thats Ok copygoo, i think you said it was fine because we had to make way there, if not vm me and ill chnage it.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: Ack. I apologise guys, but I have had zero computer time this weekend. As a result this update is a little late, but I'm hoping that you guys are still wanting to continue...

Curse you Real Life, why must you ruin my fun...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Orpheus - Timeskip ~

The remainder of the night continued rather uneventfully. With things finally a little quieter around town, Orpheus managed to round up the scattered members of their as of yet unnamed group and spent the night at the Blue Cucco.

The following morning, the group hit the road again, this time a few hours before sunrise. Luckily, Orpheus had managed to acquire a wagon, and so the trip to Norn would be much more comfortable than their previous travels across the Great Plains. Along the way, they passed few travelers. It seemed that people were traveling less lately. Rumors of the recent unrest must be spreading faster than the Royal Knights wanted. But that was the power of rumors after all, they often defied expectations.

And with a rather lazy trip out of the way, the group finally managed to reach Norn.

~ Orpheus - Norn, the trading town ~

For a trading town, Norn was awfully spacious. You could easily fit Veresis' entire marketplace into the central plaza of this town's market. And the central plaza was merely decorative. You could easily get lost in this massive place.

"Alright guys," Orpheus said to the group. "We'll be here for only an hour." Just enough time to change out our horses and grab a few supplies."

He looked out over the marketplace again. Something seemed out of place, but he couldn't quite place it. "Don't go too far, I'll be waiting here at the wagon." he said as he continued to scan the crowd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I know its a little short, but Norn is merely a pit stop.

@killersquirtle: Now is the time for your plan, otherwise we'll keep going on to the Gerudo Kingdom.