• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legendarian Chronicles: the rewritten version

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
I started reading this forever ago and I'm finally through! You are such a great writer! I can't wait for more!
9.8/10 for a few small spelling and grammatical errors.
;151;

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Hiatus over

Alright…enough is enough.

Even though I never formally announced it or anything, the truth is, I actually put LC on hiatus in my mind and hardly thought about it at all these past few months. I know that doing things like that only lowers the already minute chances of me ever finishing this fic, but I just wanted to enjoy college without the stupid mess that is LC hanging over my shoulder constantly.

(Admittedly, however, I did write pretty much the entirety of chapter 24 and several scenes in 23 and 22.)

So, what jarred me out of my writing slump? Well, really…just thinking about it again was all it took. Chareon and I got to talking about our fics over the spring break and that was really all it took to get me ideas. In any case, I finally figured out what I’m really doing as far as 21 goes, and have written 2 more pages of it this past week, but also came up with a plot twist in chapter 26, as well as went back and edited a bunch of old chapters.

So, although it hardly makes up for the hiatus, I have new scenes from chapters 1, 7, and 11 as well as a preview of 21.

Chapter 1
The scene where Jade met Stalker was a veritable mess. His personality was way off, given that I hadn’t come up with the direction I wanted him to go in, and that random scene where she encountered him in Viridian was just…well, random. I actually fixed this up ages ago, but never posted it:

“Hey, watch it!” someone yelled.

I looked upward to see that there was someone walking on the sidewalk right in front of me. I reached frantically for the handlebars and clutched the brakes. He stepped aside as I slowly rode past him. I backed up and turned to see him clearly. He was a lot taller than I was, though probably not much older than fifteen. His hair was short, slightly wavy, and a light brown color while his eyes were an icy dark blue. He was dressed in a black shirt with a gray jacket and dull blue cargo pants.

“Sorry,” I said, slightly embarrassed that I had almost ridden into someone.

“It’s fine,” he said.

After a few seconds of awkward silence I asked, “Hey, are you a Pokémon Trainer?”

“Well, I’d have to be if I wanted to carry these around,” he said, pointing to the small red and white spheres in the black holders on his pants. It was illegal to carry Poké balls if you weren’t a licensed trainer. “Are you a trainer?” he asked. “You look old enough to be.”

“Um, no, not yet,” I admitted.

“Oh…alright then…” he said walking off.

“Awful, isn’t it…” a voice behind me said.

“Huh?” I said, turning. “You again?” It was the same guy I had almost run into earlier on my bike. I glanced up at him, for I was kneeling, and therefore he seemed even taller than before.

“Yeah,” he said, turning to gaze upon at the ravaged landscape. “I was flying on one of my Pokémon and no one could possibly miss this from the air. Do you know what happened here?”

“No,” I said, a bit confused.

“Oh, well, I do…amazing how cruel humans can be.”

“What?” I asked suddenly, picking up the Charmander and standing to my feet. “Who did this, do you know—?”

“Instead of telling you, how about I show you…” he said, walking further in the direction I had been going.

I walked quickly to catch up. “How recently did this happen?”
Yeah. Basically, I hated that part. All I did to fix it though was shuffle around the conversation and make Stalker more like himself. Also, later in the conversation, when Giovanni comes up, I added a bit of extra content to make Team Rocket's position more formidable.
“I wouldn’t stay here much longer if I were you.”

Startled by the sudden voice, I glanced over my shoulder to see someone standing behind me. Upon turning to see him more clearly, I noticed that he was a lot taller than I was, though probably not much older than fifteen. His hair was short, slightly wavy, and light brown colored while his eyes were an icy dark blue. He was dressed in a black shirt with a gray jacket and dull blue cargo pants.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“You shouldn’t be here,” he repeated. “They wouldn’t want any witnesses, and—” He paused mid-sentence and suddenly asked, “Are you a Pokémon Trainer? You look old enough to be one.”

“Um, no…not yet,” I admitted. After a few seconds of awkward silence I asked, “Are you?”

“Well, I’d have to be if I wanted to carry these around,” he said, pointing to the small red and white spheres in the black holders on his pants. It was illegal to carry Poké Balls if you weren’t a licensed trainer.

Now gazing at the ravaged landscape, he muttered, “Amazing how much damage humans can cause… The fire’s spread too far, though…how are they gonna keep it unnoticed?” I wasn’t entirely sure whether he was talking to me or just commenting to himself.

“Who did this, do you know—?” I asked, picking up the Charmander and standing to my feet.

“There’s no point trying to explain it,” he interrupted, walking further in the direction I had originally been going. “Just follow me.”

I jogged quickly to catch up. “How recently did this happen?”

“So recently that it’s still happening,” was the only response. We reached the edge of a peak that overlooked an open valley between the forested hills. It was there that I saw what he was talking about.

“Giovanni?” I asked. That was a surprise to me.

“Yeah, he’s the founder and leader of it all. You’ve probably heard of—”

“Of course I’ve heard of him,” I interrupted. “How could I not know about the leader of the Viridian Pokémon Gym? You’re saying he’s the leader?”

He nodded.

“Well...shouldn’t more people know about that, then? I mean, if the leader of some huge organization is right under everyone’s nose, then—”

Laughing slightly, he replied, “You underestimate the team’s influence. Turning him in wouldn’t do anything. If anything, it would only mean certain death for whoever it was reported to.”
See? Not much different, but ten times better, imo.

One last minor thing: that bit where Jade is running away from Tyson wasn't too realistic. It was described too logically and really just didn't make it seem like she was actually afraid. It said she was, but it didn't show it.

Talk about anonymity. Still, it made sense, just in case Team Rocket got a hold of one of the cards. I turned back to the battle that was still continuing. It was obvious what the outcome would be, and yet I still wanted to help Entei in some way despite the fact that there was nothing that I could do. I sighed and continued to watch.

It was then that they noticed me. I was standing only about two hundred feet from the Rockets and Entei. The driver of the first jeep said something to the second, which turned abruptly and began speeding up the hill toward me.

“Ohh…crap,” I muttered to myself. In a flash, I jumped to my feet and took off running back toward Viridian, but was no match for the speed of the Rocket’s vehicle. I sprinted though the woods, my heart pounding and my lungs aching, but the sudden burst of fear kept me running onward. If I could just reach my bike, I could make it to town before they caught me and then lose them on the side streets, but it was too far away.
Actually, come to think of it, the new scene still doesn't quite capture the feel that the more recent "Crap, I'm Dead" scenes do, like in chapter 17 and 19, but oh well.
Talk about anonymity. Still, it made sense, just in case Team Rocket got a hold of one of the cards. But was he really just giving them out to random trainers? Why was he doing this?

I turned back to the battle that was still continuing. It was obvious what the outcome would be, and yet I still wanted to help Entei in some way despite the fact that there was nothing that I could do. I sighed and continued to watch.

It was then that they noticed me. I was standing only about a hundred yards from the Rockets and Entei. The driver of the first jeep said something to the second, which turned abruptly and began speeding up the hill toward me.

My eyes widened. “Crap…don’t tell me they…” They were coming for me…I had to run, but for some reason it was like my legs were frozen. It wasn’t until they were halfway up the hill that I finally got myself turn around and was able to take off running towards Viridian.

I sprinted though the woods, my heart pounding and my lungs aching, but the sudden burst of fear kept me running onward. I glanced over my shoulder—too slow, they were gaining on me. I had to reach my bike—nothing was more important than that. If I managed to, then I could make it to town before they caught me and then lose them on the side streets. Was it too far away?

I wasn’t going to make it in time. No, I had to, I had to!

Chapter 7
In the past, I've often taken inspiration for scenes from their equivalent in earlier revisions. For some reason, however, in writing chapter 7 for Revision 6, I completely ignored a scene that had been present in Revision 4. Granted, the scene itself sucked, but I realized how redoing it could be useful to the current revision.

Originally, after taking the Dark Crystal, Jade talked with Mr. Fuji about some things. That was the whole reason he was even in the chapter to begin with.
I stayed at the Pokèmon Center and sat in the lobby while my Pokèmon were recovering. I heard the front door open and turned to see Mr. Fuji.

“Huh? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I wanted to thank you. Whatever you did, it calmed the ghosts. They have stopped tormenting people who pass by the tower,” he said.

“All I did was find this,” I said, pulling out the Dark Crystal.

“Ah, but did you think about that maybe the ghosts were restless from the Dark energy that it possesses?”

“You’ve seen this before, then?”

“I have, but have never been able to touch it. The darkness inside it prevented me from getting within a foot from it.”

<Some spoiler-ish stuff>

"Now, after seeing you take off from the Pokè Mart and leave Lavender so quickly, I asked the storekeeper why. He said you had been wanting one of these,” Mr. Fuji said, holding out a long flute with a Pokè ball shape on the end of it. “To show my thanks for you calming the Pokèmon and stopping Team Rocket, you may have it.”

“But I didn’t really stop Team Rocket, it was the—” I started.

“You being there is what stirred the crystal to unleash its power…now, I hope this will aid you on your quest.”

“Thanks, but you keep it, I don’t really need it,” I said.

“Well, I must find some way to repay you—ah, here.” He handed me a small spherical device. It’s color was an odd orange shade and it had several yellowish buttons on one side.

“Uh…what is it?”

“A hidden machine. The second one developed. It helps Pokèmon fly while carrying humans on their back.”

I took the HM. “Wow, thanks. And if any of the other crystals are in danger of Team Rocket, I’ll be sure to stop them until one of the chosen three gets it.”

Mr. Fuji smiled and walked towards the door. “I wish you good luck on your journey.”
Yeah, uh...originally she also needed a PokeFlute or something...or at least, she did in Revision 2, and I sort of tried to glaze over it in Revision 4, seeing as by that time, The Rebellion actually did exist.
“Stupid thing…just looking at it makes me wonder more about what it is,” I muttered to myself, staring at it. I climbed back through the narrow entryway leading back to the entrance lobby and was just about to head back over to where I had been sleeping, when I suddenly felt like I was being watched. I spun around only to see Mr. Fuji standing by the main counter.

“Mr. Fuji? You’re okay?” I blurted out, but then remembered that I was still holding the Dark Crystal. “Right…about this…I didn’t mean to take it, you can have it back if you want,” I said stupidly.

Rather than scold me like I thought he would, he only looked amused. “It’s not mine. I had already accepted that it had been taken by that shady group, but I’m glad to see that isn’t the case. Keep it if you wish.”

I stared dumbfounded. “What?”

“The crystal was what caused the Ghost Pokémon of the tower to destroy much of the town. I may know now that its earlier disturbance was caused by that group who broke into the tower, but what good will it do to keep it here?” he explained.

“But—” I started, unsure of how to respond. “If that’s the case, then what difference does it make if I have it or if they’d gotten it?”

He smiled. “The crystal fought so hard to keep itself from being taken before. Obviously it doesn’t mind if you take it, now does it? In any case, the Ghost Pokémon seem calmer now, so all is well.”

I felt a wave of guilt come over me. Mr. Fuji clearly didn’t know that Firestorm had pretty much fried the crystal, which was the only reason Team Rocket had gone. Not only that, but it was probably also the only reason I had been able to touch the pedestal in the first place.

“Had you not been able to touch the crystal either?” I asked.

“I was not,” he replied simply. “I have read the words inscribed in the chamber many times, however.”

“So you must have some idea of what that legend meant, right?”

Shaking his head, he answered, “Sadly, no. However, I do know that it has been there since long before I came to be the tower’s caretaker. And even longer before that, the crystal supposedly resided on Midnight Island.”

“Midnight Island?” I repeated in surprise. Was he serious?

“Yes, although there is no remaining sign of the crystal’s presence anywhere on the island. It is still an intriguing place, nonetheless.”

To be honest, I really couldn’t think of anything “intriguing” about Midnight Island other than the fact that it was The Rebellion’s headquarters. Only just then did it occur to me that we had actually gotten lucky that the crystal had caused the ghosts to rampage. If not for the large amount of people spending the night in the tower with the rebels, it would have looked very suspicious to Team Rocket.

I glanced at the crystal again, remembering the words of the legend. “So there are two other crystals out there, right?”

Mr. Fuji nodded. “I would assume so, based on what the legend said, although I don’t know where they are.”

I didn’t mind, seeing as it didn’t matter to me whether or not I found out the locations of the other two. What concerned me was if Team Rocket knew where they were. But then again…did it really matter? What difference did it make if the Rockets got them, anyway?

“Now then…” Mr. Fuji said, walking towards the tower’s exit. “If you’ll excuse me, there are a number of things that I must attend to. I wish you good luck on your travels.”

I waved absentmindedly as he left, my mind still stuck on what I had read in the chamber. Was it really the sort of thing that I should take seriously? Obviously the crystal was more than just an ordinary rock, but was everything else about it true? It had said something about a revolution…

I didn’t want to think about that matter anymore, though…not tonight.

Chapter 11
Last of the old chapter edits: Chapter 11, with the most random, choppy transition ever.
“C’mon Swift, join us,” I suggested while being bombarded by the other two. He raised the long, red feather over one eye in a motion not unlike the cocking of an eyebrow and turned back to the window in deep thought.

“Oh come on, what is so interesting about the window that is keeping you from having fun?” I teased, knowing full well that the hawk was thinking and was probably quite oblivious as to what he actually looking at outside the window.

“*Just the large rock structure in the forest,*” he replied in a nonchalant tone without turning. “*I was wondering why it’s there.*”

I turned to him in surprise, wondering what on earth he was talking about. Sensing my sudden change in demeanor upon hearing that led Firestorm and Chibi to continue the pillow fight without me. I got up of the floor and walked over.

“*I assumed you knew about it,*” he said, shrugging his wings and beginning to preen his feathers.

Glancing out the window, I noticed a tiny group of buildings alongside a large stone to the far left, but most of it was blocked by the circular curve of Midnight Stadium.

“I can’t see any more, what else is there?” I asked.

“*Things may look closer to me, but I can only see the same amount of it over the tree line as you.*”

I shot a look back at Firestorm and Chibi, the former looking unimpressed and the latter concentrating very hard.

“*Just sounds like a big boulder to me. It’s the forest, who’s to say there’s not gonna be a ridge of rock or something?*” Firestorm asked.

“*It’s deliberately placed. I don’t know, I was only wondering,*” Swift mumbled.

I quickly looked from all three Pokémon to one another and then out at the “thing” that had caused so much controversy.

“Look, if anyone wants, we can go down there now and figure this out,” I said, but Firestorm obviously objected and Swift didn’t seem to want to know any more. I found, however, that the more I looked at it, the more the stone looked like it had been placed there. It was far too smooth, and I could almost swear I saw another slab beneath it, propping it up. I had to admit, I was curious about what it was.
I added some content and tweaked some things here and there—not much else to say.
“C’mon Swift, join us,” I suggested while being bombarded by the other two. He raised the long, red feather over one eye in a motion not unlike the cocking of an eyebrow and turned back to the window in deep thought. After several moments, he took off flying out the window.

“*What’s his problem?*” Firestorm asked, standing up while still grasping the end of a pillow.

“I dunno, he’s always been shy like that. I never even really talked much with him before I started training,” I replied, now feeling a bit guilty.

“*Did you capture him like a regular trainer?*” Firestorm asked.

“Like a regular trainer?” I said incredulously, laughing. “What, you don’t think the way I met you and Chibi was regular? In any case…no, my parents found him injured in our backyard, so we took care of him.”

“*You haven’t talked much about your life before you met us,*” Chibi observed in a low tone of voice.

“Yeah?” I said. “There wasn’t much to it, really. That, and…I suppose I’ve been avoiding even thinking about it. You guys might know that I didn’t actually run away from home, but I can’t say the same about my parents…”

“*So tell them, if you’re so worried,*” Chibi said, smirking.

“Right, so I’m supposed to tell them I got kidnapped and roped into joining a secret group facing off again a criminal organization, while training illegally in the meantime. Why didn’t I ever think of that?” I threw my arms in the air. “I have been e-mailing home a bit, but I don’t think that’s helped too much.”

A fluttering of wings told me that Swift had returned and was now perched at the window.

“Where were you?” I asked.

He paused. “*The structure in the forest. I was wondering why it’s there.*”

I turned to him in surprise, wondering what on earth he was talking about. Sensing my sudden change in demeanor upon hearing that led Firestorm and Chibi to continue the pillow fight without me. I got up off the floor and walked over.

“*I assumed you knew about it,*” he said, shrugging his wings and beginning to preen his feathers.

Glancing out the window, I noticed a tiny group of buildings alongside a large stone to the far left, but most of it was blocked by the circular curve of Midnight Stadium.

“I can’t see any more, what else is there?” I asked.

“*I may have stronger vision, but I can only see the same amount of it over the tree line as you.*”

I shot a look back at Firestorm and Chibi, the former looking unimpressed and the latter concentrating very hard.

“*Just sounds like a big boulder to me. It’s the forest, who’s to say there’s not gonna be a ridge of rock or something?*” Firestorm asked.

“*It’s deliberately placed. I don’t know, I was only wondering,*” Swift mumbled.

I quickly looked from all three Pokémon to one another and then out at the “thing” that had caused so much controversy

“Look, if anyone wants, we can go down there now and figure this out,” I said, but Firestorm obviously objected and Swift didn’t seem to want to know any more. I found, however, that the more I looked at it, the more the stone looked like it had been placed there. It was far too smooth, and I could almost swear I saw another slab beneath it, propping it up. What made me more curious, however, was that I remembered Mr. Fuji telling me that the Dark Crystal had once been kept on Midnight Island. He’d said something about it not being the only thing intriguing about this place. Could this have been what he was talking about?

Aaaaaand lastly, as I said, here's a clipping from chapter 21. I finally settled on splitting the chapter into two parts. The first part takes place right after Jade becomes licensed as a trainer, but the second switches to present day, which is a year later. This excerpt is off of the first page.
“*So regular trainers travel around after becoming official, right?*” Aros said.

“*Of course they do,*” Firestorm answered before I got a chance to.

Chibi smirked slightly. “*Don’t tell me that’s what you plan on doing, Jade.*”

I frowned. “Hey, I don’t know, okay? I never actually intended on going on a Pokémon journey, but I’ve always been dying to be a real trainer. I don’t know why, it was just…always something I wanted to do.” I pushed several of the buttons along the edge, going through the device’s various features. Trainer profile, Pokédex information, limited internet capabilities, full bios of every Pokémon owned…

“That’s one thing I’m not sure how I’m gonna go about…scanning you guys’ information into the thing. It keeps track of what level you were caught at and how long ago. That means it’ll probably read that I caught you way before I actually became a trainer…that might cause problems someday…”

“*But wait…if you’re official, don’t you have to get a starter Pokémon? At the place I was kept at, they said every trainer had to get one,*” Firestorm said, puzzled.

“Yeah, I knew they’d make me get one. At least this way, it’ll go down on my profile that I started with a Charmander. Hopefully everyone’ll assume that it’s you.” None of them really understood what I meant until I held up a Poké Ball.

“*Wait, so you had them give you a Charmander? That’s stupid—how are you supposed to train a team member so much weaker than the rest of us?*” Stygian said incredulously.

Ignoring her blunt tone, I answered, “No, you don’t get it. It’d look strange if my ‘starter’ were at such a low level compared with the rest of my team. This way, everyone’ll think I started with Firestorm, especially since he actually was from one of those League facilities.”

“*But…the other Charmander? What about it?*” Firestorm asked.

I grinned. “Don’t worry—I know just the home for it.” I’d had it planned out for a while now…and had in mind the one person dying to have a Charmander above all else. “They usually register your starter on your license and set it up as being owned by you, but I told them I already knew how to do it and that I’d do it myself. This way, I can have Firestorm go down as the first Pokémon registered in my name. It all works out!”

None of them seemed to entirely understand the way Pokémon ownership was regulated, so the point of my plan was somewhat lost.

“*Wouldn’t it have been better to get another teammate, though?*” Aros asked. “*Aren’t regular trainers supposed to keep six or something?*”

“That’s only in tournaments. It’s not like I’m gonna go into this professionally or anything.”
Lol, Jade seems to have this thing all planned out. Too bad it doesn't quite work out the way she thought. :p

With that said, I'ma go now, and I sincerely hope I can post Chapter 21 soon, and therefore get that much closer to the meat of the story.

(Now to go update the content of every posted chapter with all the new scenes and various proofreadings, along with double spacing and forum tagging everything. Fun. *_*

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Cool, but why are you torturing us with info that doesn't make total sence because it's from the middle of a chapter not yet posted? You've succeded in making me more interested but it's tourture!
;151;

EDIT: Rank up! Wootz!
;151;

Chareon

-blinkblink-
So, what jarred me out of my writing slump? Well, really…just thinking about it again was all it took. Chareon and I got to talking about our fics over the spring break and that was really all it took to get me ideas.

Hehe. -bares fangs in a smile-
I win!

Hmm, I like these. Dunno what Mewmie the shiny Mew means in a not yet posted chapter, I've read all this before, methinks. Maybe I'm just psychic?

“They usually register your starter on your license and set it up as being owned by you, but I told them I already knew how to do it and that I’d do it myself. This way, I can have Firestorm go down as the first Pokémon registered in my name. It all works out!”

Teehee. I love how proud of herself she is. xP

I grinned. “Don’t worry—I know just the home for it.” I’d had it planned out for a while now…and had in mind the one person dying to have a Charmander above all else.

-frowns-
Wait what? Who?
-befuddled-
Dang. Guess I'd better go back and re-read. o_O

Anyways. I like these revisions, and I love what you added to the Swift noticing the dealio in the forest thingy, it flowed really well, etc..

And... that's it for now, keep on truckin!

WAIT. Actually, you should give me your email so I can see if POF will send to you as an attachment even though I can't access it. >.<
PM me?

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
I mean she only posted part of the chapter. It's torturing me!
;151;

porygon181

Master of the Riddle
I'm really excited to see the Legendarian Chronicles coming back to life. Haha, considering this story is the one reason I even joined Serebii, I feel some connection to this story. So I'm really glad it's back in action... or will be soon, at least.

ultimate_pokemaster

I'm glad the series is back. I'm sorry to say, I actually lost hope of another chapter. But now, ofcourse, I'm glad I randomly browse the forums. Don't remember that much of the past chapters, but now, it's time to refresh my memory!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Hmm, I like these. Dunno what Mewmie the shiny Mew means in a not yet posted chapter, I've read all this before, methinks. Maybe I'm just psychic?
Kehe, that's because I had already shown you that piece of chapter 21.
-frowns-
Wait what? Who?
-befuddled-
Dang. Guess I'd better go back and re-read. o_O
Lol, I already told you it was Rudy. In any case, that'll get directly mentioned later.
I mean she only posted part of the chapter. It's torturing me!
;151;
=/ I didn't mean for that--which i why I didn't post a particularly suspenseful part.
I'm glad the series is back. I'm sorry to say, I actually lost hope of another chapter. But now, ofcourse, I'm glad I randomly browse the forums. Don't remember that much of the past chapters, but now, it's time to refresh my memory!
Well, fortunately, Chapter 21 starts off first just explaining Jade's situation with training and at home, and then skipping to a year later, so remembering what happened in past chapters won't be too big of an issue.

Come to think of it, maybe I should post an outline of sorts to keep track of things like that. I really should have done that during the block of suspenseful chapters 16-19.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
It's not you're fault, I'm too curious for my own good. I'm not exactly the most patient Mew either. :p
;151;

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Ive read your whole fic over the last couple of days and I have to say that i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a real talent and I cant wait for the next chapter!!!! :)

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Too many notes to fit into the pre-chapter post without everyone likely just skipping over it. (Yes, I'm double posting, THE HORRRROOOR.)

*Cough.*

That said, I suppose I should announce a few minor changes: I fixed up a lot of errors with the battles, such as an instance where Faint Attack missed (lolwut?), and the fact that the Pichu vs. Raichu battle in chapter 17 was made of fail. I also changed most instances of Hyper Beam being used into Giga Impact, since most of the Pokémon that used it were more physically-oriented, and added mention of the recharge time. Other battles have been tweaked here and there and more 4th gen edits have been made. I added scenes in chapters 3 and 11, plus tons of new lines in various places,

Oh, and for another thing, Chapters 1 through 3 have finally been stripped of their aura of crappy-14-year-old-Chibi-writing. Seriously, they were that bad. >< Also…did I completely not know how to write first-person back then or something? Chapter 1 was the worst—Jade was like a robot, relaying events to the reader one after another with no emotion, and Firestorm was totally out of character. Ah well…

Additionally, I have finally gone through and outlined the plot to Parts 3 and 4. Although it may not seem like it, I just sort of randomly make up LC’s plot as I go along, contriving twists when I need to in order to fill in plot holes. But I finally got rid of the totally pointless Part 5 and started fleshing out the backbone of Parts 3 and 4. (Btw, Arceus isn’t important anymore—this time Giratina is in the spotlight.)

I still don’t know how LC ends, but I think figuring that out when I get there will be half the fun. ;) Doing all this increases my chances of actually getting to that point in the fic someday, and I think it will make Part 2 a lot more interesting. (For the record, these changes are not the reason the chapter took so long...it wasn't like these took up time that could have been spent on Chapter 21.)

So, all of that aside, welcome back to LC. =]

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Well this certainly feels odd. I haven’t done this in a while, have I? It bears repeating that college and two jobs can eat up a person’s life, but hey…we all already knew that. But just bear in mind that I will never, ever discontinue this fic. I may not ever finish it, but I will always keep at it.

Can’t remember anything whatsoever from the past chapters? Doesn’t matter. I had the hiatus on a non-cliffhanger for a reason. So long as you remember who the majority of the characters are, and that this fic is about Jade who joined a TR Rebellion, got experiments, tried to keep Legendaries from being caught, and got involved in a crazy three-sided mess with double agents and ex-Rockets…seriously, that’s all you need to remember.

And read the post I made right before this one. Now. Or else.

~ Chapter 21: Moving On ~

Slowly I ran my fingers over the cool plastic, staring downward at what I was holding, half unable to believe it and half unsure of how to react. For so long, it had always seemed as if I would spend the rest of my life training illegally, but now…it was over. I felt kind of silly almost, like I was making far too big of a deal about it. How many countless numbers of kids obtained their training licenses every day?

Still, just holding onto it felt special. Finally a sign that Pokémon Training for me was not always going to for the sake of going against Team Rocket. It really was all in the past now.

I couldn’t help but let a sudden wave of euphoria rush over me as I pulled out my Poké balls to release all my Pokémon. The five of them appeared in a flash, a bit unsure of what to expect, since the last time they had been released was at the Resistance’s headquarters.

“*What now?*” Aros asked, glancing around.

“Check it out,” I said, holding out my newly obtained training license. “I know you guys might not really care, but…well, to me it’s a big deal.”

“*So regular trainers travel around after becoming official, right?*” Aros said.

“*Of course they do,*” Firestorm answered before I got a chance to.

Chibi smirked slightly. “*Don’t tell me that’s what you plan on doing, Jade.*”

I frowned. “Hey, I don’t know, okay? I never actually intended on going on a Pokémon journey for the sake of it, but I’ve always been dying to be a real trainer. I don’t know why, it was just…always something I wanted to do.” I pushed several of the buttons along the edge, going through the device’s various features. Trainer profile, Pokédex information, limited internet capabilities, full bios of every Pokémon owned…

“That’s one thing I’m not sure how I’m gonna go about…scanning you guys’ information into the thing. It keeps track of what level you were caught at and how long ago. That means it’ll probably read that I caught you way before I actually became a trainer…that might cause problems someday…”

“*But wait…if you’re official, don’t you have to get a starter Pokémon? At the place I was kept at, they said every trainer had to get one,*” Firestorm said, puzzled.

“Yeah, I knew they’d make me get one. At least this way, it’ll go down on my profile that I started with a Charmander. Hopefully everyone’ll assume that it’s you.” None of them really understood what I meant until I held up a Poké Ball.

“*Wait, so you had them give you a Charmander? That’s stupid—how are you supposed to train a team member so much weaker than the rest of us?*” Stygian said incredulously.

Ignoring her blunt tone, I answered, “No, you don’t get it. It’d look strange if my ‘starter’ were at such a low level compared with the rest of my team. This way, everyone’ll think I started with Firestorm, especially since he actually was from one of those League facilities.”

I grinned. “Don’t worry—I know just the home for it.” I’d had it planned out for a while now…and had in mind the one person dying to have a Charmander above all else. “They usually register your starter on your license and set it up as being owned by you, but I told them I already knew how to do it and that I’d do it myself. This way, I can have Firestorm go down as the first Pokémon registered in my name. It all works out!”

None of them seemed to entirely understand the way Pokémon ownership was regulated, so the point of my plan was somewhat lost.

“*Wouldn’t it have been better to get another teammate, though?*” Aros asked. “*Aren’t regular trainers supposed to keep six or something?*”

“That’s only in tournaments. It’s not like I’m gonna go into this professionally or anything.”

Stygian raised an eyebrow. “*Then what’s the point of getting those badge-things?*”

“*At least this way we’ll get to battle consistently. That’s what our whole lives have been about, so I doubt I’m the only one who’d have a hard time not doing it anymore,*” Chibi said.

“Hey, I never said I was totally sure on competing in gyms…I just was considering it,” I explained. “Besides, right now I want to focus on something more important, like going home and figuring out a method of explaining away the past five months.” It wasn’t like I had totally dropped off the face of the earth as far as my parents were concerned—over the last three months of my time with The Rebellion, I had sent fairly regular e-mails with falsely cheery news about traveling around with my Pokémon and my friends. But now there was no denying that I had to go back.

With a sigh, I announced, “No sense delaying it any further—might as well head back to Viridian.” I recalled Chibi and Stygian before turning to Aros, Swift, and Firestorm. “First things first, though: on the way back, you’re learning to fly, Firestorm.”

“*Huh?*” he said. “*Learning?*”

“Yeah, learning,” I said with a laugh. “What, you think just having wings is all it takes? You don’t exactly have experience on your side, so I figured Aros and Swift could help since they’ve been flying all their lives.”

Firestorm was still staring at me with this blank expression on his face.

I smiled. “Alright, come on—I’ll ride on Aros next to you, and Swift can help you through it, since the way Aros flies is totally different.” I climbed onto the emerald dragon’s back, and he immediately vibrated his wings and lifted from the ground. We drifted over to hover alongside Firestorm and Swift.

The Pidgeot spread an immense pair of feathered wings and flapped at the air a few times. After a few seconds of paused silence, Firestorm gained a look of realization and glanced backward at his own wings, which he had let hang limply at his sides ever since his evolution. After staring confusedly at them for a while, he strained a bit, and the massive leathery wings splayed outward all of a sudden, causing him to jump backward in surprise. Tilting his head with a look of wonder on his face, he slowly flexed the wing muscles, folding and closing them repeatedly.

I had to admit that I was trying not to laugh for his sake. But really…if I had found myself with an extra pair of limbs, I’d probably be confused on how to work them too.

Finally he began to flap his wings repeatedly as if expecting that he would just rise into the air and looking disappointed when that didn’t work.

“Alright, enough…just follow Swift and do what he does, although it’ll probably be harder for you since you’re so much heavier. Lean forward and push off from the ground while flapping. Maybe get a bit of a running start—you should feel the air under your wings. And really…you’re a Charizard, you’ll get the feel for it instinctually. Let’s try it,” I said.

He spanned his wings out horizontally to the ground, and once Swift saw that he was ready, the two pushed off—the latter already beating his wings quickly and the former struggling to keep up. Firestorm kicked against the ground, flapping wildly, with little result.

“*Angle your wings more…lean into it, and let the wind catch your wings,”* Swift said.

Firestorm glanced up at him, gritting his teeth and making one last effort to kick off before lifting off the ground for a few seconds. He widened his eyes, caught off guard by that, before beating his wings even more powerfully than before.

Swift swooped downward alongside him. “*Don’t flap as deeply…and pull back your hind legs.*”

The orange dragon glanced at him, leveling out his wings more and giving shorter, more frequent thrusts. He dropped to the ground once more, but this time when he pushed off, he was solidly airborne. Firestorm looked elated, but his expression quickly faded when he apparently tried to gain more height, but was unable to.

I laughed slightly with a small smile. “Give him a boost, would you, Swift?” And with that, the Pidgeot promptly whipped up a gust of wind, catching Firestorm and letting him rid upwards to soar alongside Aros and me.

“*Whoa!*” he cried out, both surprised and exhilarated from the sudden ascent.

“It should be easier now,” I said. “We’ve got a long flight ahead of us—think you can handle it?”

It was a bit pointless to ask, because I knew what the answer would be. Firestorm, as always, nodded resolutely.

The morning stretched on into late afternoon as the three Pokémon flew onward, spanning the distance back to Kanto. A couple times Firestorm found himself dipping too low and unsure of when to flap his wings and when simply soaring would be enough. He also couldn’t speed-fly yet, so we made our way there slowly, but it didn’t make any difference to me. As we neared our destination however, I could feel the suspense lingering in the back of my mind start to grow. It had been five months since I had left home on that day so long ago. How much had things changed while I was gone? How much had…I changed? It seemed like a bit of a silly thought—there was no way that all the Rocket experiences had changed me outwardly. And…I still felt like the same person. But at the same time, I wasn’t even sure on that.

The Tohjo Mountains loomed over the northern horizon as we closed in out southwestern Kanto. The four of us descended slowly upon reaching Viridian City, and I scanned the ground intently until I found the right major street, and from there, my neighborhood. Firestorm figured out how to slow his momentum well enough, and in the end, we touched down in front of my house.

Without saying anything, I pulled out two Poké Balls to release Chibi and Stygian. I couldn’t explain why, even to myself, but for some reason, I wanted all of them to be there with me.

I had been so immaturely opposed to returning home before…and for no real reason, too. As I slowly stepped forward towards the front door…it felt awkward coming back, but deep down it felt right.

I rang the doorbell.

The seconds after that dragged on unnervingly, and an almost tangible air of anxiety hung over me, digging into my mind. Come on…just answer the door already… I could hardly stand it anymore.

There was the sound of a click as the doorknob turned. The door opened slowly at first, then swung open all the way.

My dad stood in the doorway, a look of stunned surprise on his face. It seemed to take several seconds for it to sink in that this was really happening—I was really here. He stared first at me, and then at my Pokémon, still trying to say something, but failing. Slowly, he called for my mom, and the two of us waited in silence until she arrived as well, her reaction not unlike his.

“I…”—I swallowed hard, my voice faltering—“I know it was wrong for me to be gone this whole time. And…please believe me when I say I didn’t mean for it to happen like that. I never meant to leave in the first place. And it wasn’t possible for me to come back until now.”

Their expressions were mixed. Dad looked somewhat like he was trying to find the words to scold me, but was too awestruck to do anything about it. Mom was on the verge of tears. “I don’t understand…” she kept saying. “Why…?”

I clenched my teeth. “I lied about the past few months. I wasn’t off traveling with my friends. I—I wouldn’t run away for something as stupid as that. I got dragged into accidentally joining a group using Pokémon to fight against criminals. I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone about it.” It was a rather dumb way of explaining The Rebellion, but really…it was all I could say. “But that’s over with now, and I’m back.”

I used that opportunity to shift the focus to the five Pokémon standing alongside me. “These are Firestorm, Chibi, Aros, and Stygian…and Swift is a Pidgeot now.” I started to choke over the words. “We’ve fought together the past few months, and they’ll be a part of the family now that I’m home.”

Home…the word felt strange. Almost…foreign…for so long I’d only felt like I belonged with The Rebellion. And yet…in the back of my mind, the fact that I’d always wanted out of the Team Rocket mess… I’d never made the connection before, but had I actually wanted to go home?

I clenched my fists, trying to will myself further to look unmoved by the situation. I felt my resolve crumbling—I was only vaguely aware that I had stumbled across the doorway and collapsed into my parents’ arms.

Home.

That was then.

The events that transpired after the fall of The Rebellion, the strike on the Viridian base, and my leaving the Resistance…even my receiving the license and returning home—it all felt so distant…almost like a dream. In spite of this, it was those five months of my life that would always stand out the most in my mind, shoving other memories to the side even though there were so many parts of it that I’d rather have forgotten.

Over a year had passed. I had it stuck in my mind that the events of that year paled in comparison to the previous five months, but strangely that was what I liked about it. Everything finally working out the way I intended it to for once. I wasn’t sure whether or not I was unwilling to admit it, but in the end, everything had actually gone well, despite my earlier fears. I probably spent at least the next two months indoors, but that was to be expected. Sure, my parents hadn’t understood my attempts to explain away why I hadn’t come home for five months, (and I doubted they ever would), but the inescapable fact that I had gotten a license and trained five Pokémon ended up being the key.

Moving to Johto wasn’t anything I needed to concern myself with anymore. Of course…I had been unreasonably opposed to it all along, but with the means to fly to Viridian in a half hour, hardly anything changed for me. I hardly saw Ajia or Starr, but I suppose that was to be expected.

The biggest thing of all, however, was my continuation of Pokémon Training. Just months earlier, I never would have believed that I would go into it competitively, but somehow after being initially forced into training, I felt a need to keep at it. Given that I had five team members already, even my parents agreed that it was best, especially considering that I wouldn’t have to temporarily quit school or anything. In any case, journeying was what they had been opposed to the whole time—not the training itself.

Waves of nostalgia filled my head as I rode on Aros across the dusky late afternoon sky, open ocean filling nearly my entire field of vision. The salty air whipped at my face, and I held a tighter grip around the neck of the emerald dragon while he flew on, barely needing to flap his wings. Almost subconsciously, I reached into my pocket and pulled out the thing that I had only earned a mere half hour ago…

“Never thought I’d get this far…” I muttered, feeling the slightest trace of a grin. I held the flame-shaped Volcano Badge up to the sun, watching it glimmer in the light.

“*Seventh one, right?*” Aros asked.

I nodded unconsciously, though he couldn’t have seen it, as I was riding on his back. “And since I nabbed the eighth from the Viridian storage way back when, that makes all of them.” Even just thinking back to that small event always sent memories from the surrounding events flooding into my mind. I had tried to block out the rest of it, but…

A loud tune suddenly blared from my pocket. I grabbed my PokéGear and glanced at who was calling, unable to keep from chuckling at the sight of the name. “Damn, I knew I shouldn’t have told Rudy what time I’d be having my last gym battle. Hey Aros, slow up for a bit, kay?”

The dragon’s flight became considerably slower, and when we were at a calm soar, I answered the call.

“Hey Jade! Did you finish your battle yet?”

“For all you know, I could have still been in the battle—what would you have said to that?” I replied, unable to keep from laughing. “In any case, count me in the seventh badge club…eighth if you count the Earth Badge.”

Rudy snorted. “Cheater.”

“You explain to me how the crap I’d be able to fight Giovanni. I mean it—I’m open to suggestions,” I said. “You may have lost twice, but I’d be shot the second I set foot in the gym.”

“And you couldn’t have stolen a badge for me way back when? Seriously, each time I lose, I can’t do another challenge for a month.”

“Right…cause I really would have had the foresight to grab badges for everyone I know. You’ll get it eventually—it took me three tries to get the Volcano Badge, in any case,” I said.

“I don’t have ‘eventually.’ The friggin’ tournament starts in July!” he exclaimed.

“So you’re entering the Indigo Tournament after all?” I asked.

“Are you kidding? There’s no other point to taking the gym challenge. Come on—you can’t honestly not want to enter.” The tone in his voice was unmistakable.

“I dunno…” I said. “I guess…just because pretty much everyone is. I never exactly planned for this Pokémon training thing to go so far.”

“Yeah, yeah… Hey, I’ll see ya whenever you get to Viridian, okay?”

“Okay.” With that, I hung up and replaced my PokéGear in my pocket. I gripped Aros’s neck tighter and announced, “Okay, full speed now.”

The Flygon angled back his wings and put on a sudden burst of speed, and now the distant shores of Johto could be seen on the horizon. Aros rode the current and started gaining more altitude once we near to flying over land. The terrain below quickly changed from coastal to mountainous as we neared our destination, and sure enough, the now admittedly familiar sight of New Bark Town greeted me in the distance. Once Aros had cleared the peaks surrounding the valley, he soared downward and eventually touched down on the dirt path in front of my house. I pulled out his Poké Ball and recalled him in a beam of red before heading inside.

“I’m home,” I said after I had unlocked the door, but there was no answer. It only figures that no one would be home when I had returned from my last gym training endeavor. Oh well…I doubted that I’d have to wait long to announce the news to my parents.

Once I had jogged up the stairs to my room, I dropped my backpack on the floor and set my Poké Balls on the desk, immediately reaching towards where I had been keeping the badges I had earned previously. With the Volcano Badge alongside them, the set was complete…

Since I had Pokémon to fly on, all I really had needed to do was take a week off here and there during the year to train at the gyms. The gym system was already set up in a way that allowed trainers to at least get some education while on a normal journey, so in my situation, it wasn’t much of a setback at all. It made the process of earning badges a very slow one, but it was offset by the fact that I didn’t have to spend time traveling across all of Kanto. In fact, it wasn’t uncommon for trainers to do a manner of part-time training once they had a bit of experience under their belt.

As a bit of an afterthought, I pulled out my trainer’s license and held up the new badge to the scanner, letting it make a record of my attaining it. Right afterwards, the device beeped, and the screen showed a notice to inform me that since I was in possession of eight official badges from a specific region, that I could be qualified to enter a championship tournament, and should check with League authorities.

I chuckled slightly…it wasn’t as if I didn’t already know all of that.

Absentmindedly searching for something to do, I felt my PokéGear in my pocket. Right, it would probably be best if I called Ajia. We hadn’t talked in awhile, and I wanted to tell her the news. I quickly entered her number and waited for her to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Ajia,” I said.

“Hey, Jade, how’ve things been going?” she replied.

“Got my eighth badge,” I said, my voice a bit more expressionless than it should have been. Deep down, however, I couldn’t help but let a glimmer of pride show through.

“That’s awesome,” Ajia said. “Even the Earth Badge?”

“Got that one way back when I was on The Rebellion,” I explained. “As of right now, my friend Rudy’s been bugging me to enter the League tournament this year.”

“Are you going to?”

I laughed slightly. “I don’t know…I mean, I’ve been considering it, but I feel like it would drag me even further into competitive battling, and I never even intended to go this far.”

“Even if you didn’t intend to, why not do it?”

Shrugging to myself, I replied, “Either way it doesn’t matter…I only used training as a distraction, and because I figured it’d be best for my Pokémon.” Having mentioned that, I was further reminded of what I had been using ordinary training as means to avoid… Unable to contain my curiosity, I asked, “So how’ve things been going with…the Resistance and everything?”

Ajia paused. “Actually, it’s been…well, not much has come up. There hasn’t been that much activity in either the Resistance or Team Rocket.”

I hated to admit it, but I actually had been checking the news to see if there were any “unexplained” occurrences or incidents that, to the general public, wouldn’t be readily identified as being Team Rocket-related. I figured that the lack of any was just a sign that the Rockets had managed to keep their operations secret. But a lack of activity altogether?

“What, do you mean that they’ve been lying low this past year?” I said incredulously.

“That’s just it,” Ajia said. “Ever since that strike on their Viridian base last year…nothing. No more Legendaries have been captured, no major missions have happened. The only things the Resistance has managed to get information on is that the Rockets have been keeping much closer track of ordinary members…both for the sake of loyalty and fear. The Executives still meet up every so often.”

“So…they’re planning something?” I asked, not liking how things sounded and letting my “I don’t care” mentality drop for a few seconds.

“I don’t know if it’s a sure thing that they’re planning something or not, but either way the end of this summer is gonna be big… I wouldn’t worry about it too much for now, though…if I find out anything for sure, I’ll let you know.”

“M’kay,” I said. “In any case, I guess I’ll look more into the tournament thing.”

“You should enter—it would be fun,” Ajia said happily. “In fact, I’ve even been considering entering it this year.”

I laughed incredulously. “What? That means we’d have to go against each other eventually—I doubt I’d do very well,” I added, even though there would probably be plenty of other experienced trainers I’d likely lose to as well. Still, it wasn’t as if that’d be any reason not to enter.

“Hey don’t worry about that,” Ajia said. “Besides, I’m gonna see if I can drag Starr along—she’s been complaining about not having the Team Rocket training to do. Talk to you later, okay?”

“Bye,” I said with a smile, hanging up.

In a way, it was hard to believe that it had really been a year. It sure didn’t feel like it, in any case. Mixed emotions filled my head as I replaced the PokéGear on my desk and reached toward where I had put my Poké balls. I released all five of my Pokémon one at a time, giving Aros, Swift, and Firestorm a chance to close their wings, otherwise there was no way everyone would fit in the room.

“*I’m guessing we ended up winning?*” Firestorm asked with a hint of strain in his voice, his arms and wings rather limp. He was still noticeably tired from having been knocked out in the gym match, even though I had taken him, Aros, and Chibi to be healed after the battle.

“Sure did,” I said, holding up the badge. “And I guess it’s a good thing that Aros pulled through at the end, cause I don’t think we all could have taken losing on our second rematch.” I laughed slightly with a hint of embarrassment. Aros looked complacent from the mention.

“*So what now?*” Chibi asked.

I turned toward him. “What do you mean?”

“*That was the last one to earn, right? What comes next? You always told us that this whole gym battling thing wasn’t just some time-wasting adventure.*”

“That’s cause it’s not,” I countered. “We’ve all grown stronger together, and it’s been a lot of fun.” I paused before continuing, “But if you really wanna know, we might be entering the Kanto League Championships this year.”

Firestorm looked stunned. “*Are you serious? I’d always heard that was for the most elite trainers—are you sure we’d be able to?*”

“We got all eight badges,” I pointed out, “so either way we’re eligible. But you’re right about it being a serious competitive event…that’s why I’m still unsure.”

Stygian shrugged. “*What difference does it make? Battling is battling, who cares if it’s ‘serious’ or not?*”

“*Even if it is serious we can handle it,*” Aros said resolutely.

“Hey, I’m not against this because I’m afraid of losing or anything,” I countered, although the more I thought about it…was there even any reason not to enter? I really couldn’t figure out why I was so reluctant, and somehow knew all along what I’d end up doing…

“Well…” I said finally. “Considering that Ajia and Rudy also wanted me to enter, I guess it’s unanimous.” I forced a grin. All five of them, even Swift, looked glad about the decision—Firestorm in particular.

“*This is great—I’d never imagined we’d get to battle in one of the highest-ranked tournaments there is…it’s almost like an honor,*” the Charizard said, his voice brimming with excitement.

“*It’ll be a chance for you to prove yourself,*” Aros said to me. “*To sort of…show how far you’ve come since we all first started battling together.*”

“Me?” I said, laughing. “Hey, it’s not just me who’s needed to improve.” It didn’t really make much sense to say that to him since for the longest time he had been one of the most useful members of the team, but I didn’t really care.

Aros snorted. “*Yeah, whatever.*” The edge of a smirk crossed his face.

I laughed again. “Alright, in any case, that’s all I wanted to say for now. It’s prob’ly best if I don’t keep you out too long in here,” I said, referring to the fact that I wasn’t allowed to keep Aros, Firestorm, or Swift out of their Poké Balls while indoors, due to size limitations. “I’ll let you guys out later tonight, okay?” With that, I recalled the three of them.

Stygian made her way over to the side of my bed and promptly lay down, burying her face in her mane. Like always, she didn’t make contact with or acknowledge the rest of us unless she had to. Chibi hopped up onto the chair next to me.

As an afterthought, I turned on my computer and proceeded to look up information on the upcoming tournament, figuring it would be best to get some information on it beforehand.

“*So you said you talked to Ajia earlier, right?*” Chibi asked.

I glanced at him, nonplussed. How had he known that I had—no…almost immediately I remembered mentioning that Ajia was in favor of my entering the tournament. “Yeah, what about it?”

He paused, contemplating what to say. “*Did she say anything about Team Rocket?*”

So that’s what this was about. With a sigh, I responded, “Not this again. I keep forgetting how many times you’ve asked about this. Honestly, why does it concern you so much?”

“*That doesn’t answer the question,*” he pointed out flatly.

I guess he saw through that…in any case, it didn’t matter if he knew. “Alright, I asked her and she said there hasn’t been any activity in Team Rocket for a long time.”

“*So you brought it up first then? *” He snorted. “*You were curious too.*”

I bristled. “Yeah…I guess so…anyway, it doesn’t really matter.”

Chibi’s expression hardened. “*If there really hasn’t been any activity in Team Rocket, then I wouldn’t say so. They’ve got to be lying low for now, is all…did she say if they have anything planned?*” Why did he always have to guess right on the first try?

“Yeah…that might be the case, but I don’t think it’s something we should worry about,” I said, trying to reassure both him and myself at the same time.

“*It’ll be something to worry about if they launch a major attack,*” he countered.

“Except that the Resistance will be ready,” I shot back. “It’s not our job to get involved with things like that anymore.”

The electric rodent folded his arms. “*Whatever…it’s your call, I guess.*”

I watched him jump off the chair and make his way over to my bookcase. He pulled one of the smaller ones off the bottom shelf, no doubt intending to practice his limited reading knowledge.

I smiled faintly. In any case, now wasn’t a time to be thinking about Team Rocket matters. I turned back to my computer, bringing up a list of information. In order to be eligible for the Indigo League, you had to have earned all eight official Kanto Badges before July 1, and likewise had to register with the League by that date. The Tournament itself began on July 7, and would likely run through August, depending on how many entrants there were.

Two months from now… I’d make sure we were ready by then.

~End Chapter 21~
This chapter was fail. I’ll be the first to admit it. Hopefully, however, it accomplished its purpose: summarized the transition with minimal confusion, and set the stage well enough for the League Arc, leaving enough room for the plot to loom in the background. I’ve had chapters full of nothing but transition, but the one thing I will never do is write a filler chapter.

The plot really starts in 23, and the second arc of the story kicks off in chapter 27. Part 2 is a lot slower than Part 1 was. (By comparison, Part 1’s plot started in Chapter 1, and the second arc started with Chapter 4) However, the mixed side of this is that I have already outlined and summarized every chapter up to 26, and have already written most of 22 and 23, and nearly all of 24.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Last edited:

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
And my favorite fic is back with a vengeance!

Not the most exciting chapter, but like you said, it had to be done for the transition. I'm actually really glad you skipped the gym battles because I really don't see this fic as your "run of the mill" OT. But I must ask, why did it take so long to write this? It wasn't extremely long and had little to do with LC's main plot. But oh well, I'm just happy this fic is back on track.

Long live LC!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Not the most exciting chapter, but like you said, it had to be done for the transition. I'm actually really glad you skipped the gym battles because I really don't see this fic as your "run of the mill" OT. But I must ask, why did it take so long to write this? It wasn't extremely long and had little to do with LC's main plot. But oh well, I'm just happy this fic is back on track.
Well, to answer the question, one, I stopped writing altogether at college, and two, the very fact that it did have little to do with the main plot. Crazy plotty chapters like 11, 13, 17, 19 have all taken the least amount of time. =P

That, and the retarded returning-home scene. I really ought to have just skipped that scene with an A/N and added it into the chapter at a later time, like I've done in the past with hard parts.

Chapter 22 is the "this is fun!" chapter, filled with all sorts of scenes that I've been dying to write for years, but couldn't have included into the fic anywhere else. xP

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
“Alright, come on—I’ll rid on Aros next to you, and Swift can help you through it, since the way Aros flies is totally different.”

ride

How much had things while I was gone?

I think you’re missing a “changed” in there.

They’ve got to be lying low for now, is all…did she say if they have anything planned?*”

Why is there an asterisk?

I have no complaints with this chapter. As far as action goes it’s pretty much null and I feel a little cheated about the gym battles being offscreen though that probably would’ve disrupted the flow. But all-in-all I enjoyed the chapter. It was really peaceful which I think is a big change from the previous chapters.

Anyways, I look forward to the next chapter (hopefully by Christmas).

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I have no complaints with this chapter. As far as action goes it’s pretty much null and I feel a little cheated about the gym battles being offscreen though that probably would’ve disrupted the flow. But all-in-all I enjoyed the chapter. It was really peaceful which I think is a big change from the previous chapters.

Anyways, I look forward to the next chapter (hopefully by Christmas).
Ah, m'kay *fixes errors* And...the asterisk was in Chibi's dialogue, so it was supposed to be there.

And for the fact that all the gym battles were offscreen--you're right that it would have disrupted the flow big time. But, it wouldn't have been worth too much in character development either, since Jade was six months into her training already, and we had already gotten to seen her grow and get her bearings in Pokemon Battles--that's the main reason I cut all of them. However to make up for that, the League arc is indeed jam-packed with battles, and each one will hopefully be unique and interesting.

And I won't make any promises on waits, but considering that I've already dove headfirst into Chapter 22, I'm pretty optimistic. (By contrast, I knew right when I started 21 that it was going to take forever.)

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
The Tohjo Mountains loomed over the northern horizon as we closed in out southwestern Kanto. The four of us descended slowly upon reaching Viridian City, and I scanned the ground intently until I found the right major street, and from there, my neighborhood. Firestorm figured out how to slow his momentum well enough, and in the end, we touched down in front of my house.

I think it's supposed to be Johto Mountains, but if the name's like that in the second generation games, don't flame me. I never got GSC. :(

I liked the chapter and it was very well done, but I can't help feeling suspicious. This isn't the kind of story that would go on in a normal journey. Something's gonna happen, somethin big. And I know you can't deny it. What that thing is, I don't quite know for sure yet, but I will. Mark my words, I WILL FIND OUT! :p I will.
;151;

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I think it's supposed to be Johto Mountains, but if the name's like that in the second generation games, don't flame me. I never got GSC. :(
Well see, those mountains are right on the Kanto/Johto border, and in GSC, there was a cave you had to go through to cross the border called Tohjo Falls, so I've always kind of liked extending the name to the whole mountain chain since it doesn't really have a name in canon (besides Mt. Silver in particular, but that's farther north.
I liked the chapter and it was very well done, but I can't help feeling suspicious. This isn't the kind of story that would go on in a normal journey. Something's gonna happen, somethin big. And I know you can't deny it. What that thing is, I don't quite know for sure yet, but I will. Mark my words, I WILL FIND OUT! :p I will.
Heh, well the journey is over with, and I'm using the League arc...sort of as the catalyst for everything else to happen. And if yeh wanna figure it out, you have until Chapter 23. :D

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
I enjoyed reading about Firestorm's flying lesson, especially with regards to this part:

The Pidgeot spread an immense pair of feathered wings and flapped at the air a few times. After a few seconds of paused silence, Firestorm gained a look of realization and glanced backward at his own wings, which he had let hang limply at his sides ever since his evolution. After staring confusedly at them for a while, he strained a bit, and the massive leathery wings splayed outward all of a sudden, causing him to jump backward in surprise. Tilting his head with a look of wonder on his face, he slowly flexed the wing muscles, folding and closing them repeatedly.

Firestorm was both funny and cute there, I thought. ^^

Something I'll likely always find interesting, and also cool in a way, is just how surreal a return to a place so otherwise mundane as home following experiences like those that Jade had prior to her return home can seem whenever I read about such a thing. o.o

And there was another part that definitely caught my interest:

“What, do you mean that they’ve been lying low this past year?” I said incredulously.

“That’s just it,” Ajia said. “Ever since that strike on their Viridian base last year…nothing. No more Legendaries have been captured, no major missions have happened. The only things the Resistance has managed to get information on is that the Rockets have been keeping much closer track of ordinary members…both for the sake of loyalty and fear. The Executives still meet up every so often.”

“So…they’re planning something?” I asked, not liking how things sounded and letting my “I don’t care” mentality drop for a few seconds.

“I don’t know if it’s a sure thing that they’re planning something or not, but either way the end of this summer is gonna be big… I wouldn’t worry about it too much for now, though…if I find out anything for sure, I’ll let you know.”

Now I can't help but wonder if the Rockets might indeed be planning something... o.o

And I'm interested to see what all might happen with regards to the tournament, too. o.o

So yeah, I enjoyed reading this, and I look forward as usual to more. ^^

Shadow Silver

I am awsuhm
Can I use some of your pokemon in my story? It's bellow on my sig. If you read this please visit!