• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The legendaries of Sinnoh

Sprintking

I think having so many legendaries has diminished their value. I remember first and second gen when all the legendaries could be assets to your team and were worthy of being called legendary. Now we get so many that are just ok when we come across them (heatran especially). The cover legends are fine, and the same goes for the trio. One event legend is fine, but we didn't need Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin. That puts the total at 7, which is much more manageable. Everything else is just overkill. Manaphy/Phione is just a novelty to promote ranger.

the spiritomb

<- SR'ing since 1900
The only cool ones are shaymin sky form, The lake poké's are small, 1st gen = Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno BIG 2nd = Entei/Raikou/Suicune BIG
3rd = Latios/Latias BIG

4th = Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf Size of a rattata

Arceus = Overrated/Far too much used by guys which use R4 and are Pointing out their G**ness by Getting 20 of them shiny

Darkrai = Good Legendary, opposite of Mewtwo

Manaphy/Phione =little, weak and why can Manaphy breed and give a pokemon with the strength of a Magikarp

Heatran = What in the love of god has this poké for purpose in the game ????

Regigigas = Why is the shiny so ugly and the normal one better ? :(

Dialga/Palkia = Nice sprite though shiny's are bit disappointing

tom-tom

Furret <3
Sinnoh's legendaries weren't that great, with the exception of Heatran. For some reason I like Heatran a lot.

marty

{VR}Trojan
Well it looks like darkrai still won my heart, I really like its creepyness.

luminum

My favorite legendary pokemon of all time have to be the Regi trio. They're just so much more interesting and creative than the 1st and 2nd gen trios, in my opinion. Three elements? Yawn. Trio of ancient, mysterious golems? Sign me up! The Lake trio is a close second; instead of being based on an obvious triad like 1st and 2nd gen, they are all the same type but are differentiated by stats and are based on the Imperial Regalia of Japan. Waaay more interesting than Fire, Lightning, Ice/Water.

TheSmexyMoogle

Shamin is pretty cool i guess, Darkrai, one I recently obtained is pretty cool. Lot's of combo moves! Other than that, I wish they had better legendaries. All of them are like.. loli or something. If Lucario was a legendary it would be LUCARIO > All the other legendaries.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
The only cool ones are shaymin sky form, The lake poké's are small, 1st gen = Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno BIG 2nd = Entei/Raikou/Suicune BIG
3rd = Latios/Latias BIG

Arceus = Overrated/Far too much used by guys which use R4 and are Pointing out their G**ness by Getting 20 of them shiny

...How is a pokemon that causes nightmares the opposite of a pokemon genetically engineered for destruction?

Manaphy/Phione =little, weak and why can Manaphy breed and give a pokemon with the strength of a Magikarp

Manaphy, weak?
What are you on?
Tail Glow = Sp. Attack doubles. His ability makes it so that, in rain, status conditions on him are instantly healed. In rain, his STAB water moves are made even stronger. Rest heals all your health and inflicts a status condition on you. Manaphy's ability, hydration, heals status conditions in the rain.

I wouldn't call something that can double it's special attack in a single move, and can heal all it's health without a drawback in the rain, and has it's STAB moves boosted by said rain weak. At all.

Based on the formation of a Dome volcano. One of the few earthly forces not represented by a legend yet.

What kind of complaint is that? If you don't like the shiny, just get it normal. And I rather like the shiny, thank you very much.

...There's a 1/8,192 chance of a pokemon being a shiny. Why are you so worried?

Comments in Bold.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
3rd = Latios/Latias BIG

...How is a pokemon that causes nightmares the opposite of a pokemon genetically engineered for destruction?

Manaphy, weak?
What are you on?
Tail Glow = Sp. Attack doubles. His ability makes it so that, in rain, status conditions on him are instantly healed. In rain, his STAB water moves are made even stronger. Rest heals all your health and inflicts a status condition on you. Manaphy's ability, hydration, heals status conditions in the rain.

I wouldn't call something that can double it's special attack in a single move, and can heal all it's health without a drawback in the rain, and has it's STAB moves boosted by said rain weak. At all.

Based on the formation of a Dome volcano. One of the few earthly forces not represented by a legend yet.

What kind of complaint is that? If you don't like the shiny, just get it normal. And I rather like the shiny, thank you very much.

...There's a 1/8,192 chance of a pokemon being a shiny. Why are you so worried?

Comments in Bold.

Nameless

番号000--
Rotom isn't legendary, its semi-legendary ish because there is only one in the game that doesn't make it legendary.

I believe that in planning for DP, Rotom was meant to be a legendary, and Shaymin was not.
For one crucial reason : Rotom has the legendary battle music and Shaymin does not.
I guess they forgot to switch the tracks before release or something.

Rotom is not legendary at all, not even semi. It's just rare.
Lapras and Eevee are only found once too yes? Breeding does not count, just encounters.

Lapras ; RBY
Eevee ; RBY/GSC/FRLG​

^ Just for reference. They are both most definitely not legendary at all. XD;
There are other "one" Pokemon but it would take a bit of looking to list them, and I believe I got the point across already.

As for the topic itself.. I love the Sinnoh legendaries. :3
I like where they went with them and how they created physical forms of time, space and anti-matter. As well as willpower, emotion and knowledge. To me, it makes them actual legendaries. They have something to be truly legendary for.

The only problem I have with the Sinnoh legendaries is that there is way too many.
My least favorite of them have to be Heatran and Phione. Phione is cute and all but besides being a child of Manaphy, how is it legendary as a being? It's not powerful, has a mediocre movepool and has no legend behind it. The latter goes to Heatran too. Heatran may be powerful but what is so special about him? He has no legend to fit his "legendary" status. He may as well be a pseudo-legendary for his power then. It's a guardian Pokemon, so what? If that makes a Pokemon legendary make Lucario legendary too. Sheesh. ]:

I think I've covered everything.. so yeah. XD​

Last edited:

cocoa_adele

I don't really care for shaymin or heatran but I did like Giratina, Arceus and also Darkrai. Dialga and Palkia were ok, but I guess I really didn't like them that much to begin with.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
Regigigas is my favorite of all the legends, but the best legend in sinnoh is giratina imo.

I find regice the best legend ever cuz it rocked my world, but regigigas is my favorite despite the slow start.

Favorite:Regigigas
Main:Regice

Volvagia

Palkia is my favorite in 4th gen. I love the fact that it controls space and it looks pretty awesome too. Giratina comes second and Dialga third.

As for the ones that I don't really like.... Regigigas is kind of a disappointment. Should have had some kind of awesome type and a better ability. Arceus is another disappointment for me, just don't like how it looks.

Last edited:

overheat

Fire Type Trainer
I think Arceus could look a little better, considering it is the god of pokemon. I mean I think Dialga or Palkia look more god-like than Arceus, but I loved Giratina too.

Benzu 13

Getting Better?
I agree with Gligari, the Legends of sinnoh were terrible. then again none of them come close to how bad the Regi's were in hoenn.

You, sir, just don't know how to use Regi's. The point of Regi's are to make WALLS. Of all the three, maybe Regice I find the least useful. That is, because, Registeel's typing gives him great immunity, plus uber defenses, plus Curse which can boost his attack to great magnitudes, Registeel's currently my favorite Pokemon. Regirock is just as good. In a Sandstorm, Regirock's base SpDef becomes 150, his Def is 200, and his HP is just as good as Registeel, plus with a greater attackpower than Registeel, a very worthwhile 100 base Attack. Not to mention that Registeel and Regirock don't lose health in a Sandstorm, this gives them an even greater advantage. The Regi's kick ***, dude.

Shedinja705

An outcast...
Personally, I think the worst pokemon legendaries are celebii and shaymin
1: celebii has almost 7 weaknesess including a 4x effective bug type
2: Shaymin is the same, too many weaknesess!
3: celebii isn't strong against most pokemon, now if you were a fisherman, it would be different.
4: same with shaymin also, if you liked bug pokemon, you could transform it into the sky version with a 1x resistance to bug types insted of a 2x with the regular form

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
I like Dialga and Mesprit, both of which I use in my party.