• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legendary Awakening [Discussion Thread]

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
Sign me up for that! That or an absurd horde of Ultra Beasts XD

Don't get too hopeful for that horde of Ultra Beasts, or you just might get it.

I'll be posting by Wednesday and then doing a further progression by the end of next week. (Or just posting the progression and my posts together, haven't decided.)

Tangeh

RPing being mind controlled is not fun. :p

If you aren't controlled by another player (as in, not an NPC) its really not difficult. You just need to throw their personality out the window and give them new motivations. As in, kill all of my friends.

Tangeh

I find it difficult describing a characters thoughts in this state.

Their thoughts are: "destroy everything else!" x3 practice makes perfect, although idk when you get a chance to practice this or even know you are bad at it in the first place tbh lol

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Their thoughts are: "destroy everything else!" x3 practice makes perfect, although idk when you get a chance to practice this or even know you are bad at it in the first place tbh lol

There was one RP where a character of mine got MCed. Thank goodness I had a second character to play as because I had no idea what to do with the other one. xD

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
There was one RP where a character of mine got MCed. Thank goodness I had a second character to play as because I had no idea what to do with the other one. xD

One way I've found that works for me is to write the character either in a haze of confusion with blurs of the real world around him/her while the mind controlled part is just going ham. Maybe some internal struggle (futile or not), but hey, that's just how I'd do it. I've been told that writing action scenes are my strength, but writing witty dialogue is what I struggle with. So trying to come up with decent dialogue is something I'm trying to work on in this RP. XD

Don't get too hopeful for that horde of Ultra Beasts, or you just might get it.

I'm sure I'll regret this in the future...or at least Isaac will XD

lilcipher

bi & ready 2 di
What the Hek was that? :p Somebody has to make this pun in the RP.

It should be queen of the golems in this case. :p

Nah, if anything she'll go by Mother of Golems. Gotta get that good ol familial bond in there somehow.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Now that Tangeh's post is up, I can proceed to create my post where Leslie freaks about her new hair color!

Since Leslie can fly now and will freak out, could she bump into a couple of you trying to get the green coloring off while floating around in all directions? Obviously she couldn't hurt any of you all because most of the Pokemon are large or sturdy enough to not get damaged but just something I thought I'dd add into Leslie's state of freaking out. :p

lilcipher

bi & ready 2 di
Now that Tangeh's post is up, I can proceed to create my post where Leslie freaks about her new hair color!

Since Leslie can fly now and will freak out, could she bump into a couple of you trying to get the green coloring off while floating around in all directions? Obviously she couldn't hurt any of you all because most of the Pokemon are large or sturdy enough to not get damaged but just something I thought I'dd add into Leslie's state of freaking out. :p

Do it, bump into Hek, the two can be panic attack buddies.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

It's fine with me. Isaac's not the most enthralled about being a Pokémon, but he'll get over it...probably.

Vern

Why not both?

You can bump into me as well if you want... we're both green now :p

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
So...I was supposed to post, but most of my post wasn't autosaved, so I'm going to have to type it up again. T_T I'll get it up sometime tomorrow though, once I get my med school stuff out of the way. >.<

Edit: Done. Yes, Ally really is that sort! Dragon-like in that she's hella moody and stuff. And yes, all those suggestive references were intentional! This is the trope on the "overcompensating" thing...Ally is extremely well-endowed, of course. :p Ironically, Gavriil too overcompensates himself...but in a different, non-suggestive way that's more in line with Napoleon Complex than that trope. XD

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I got bored, so I decided to make some chibi versions of the characters. Limited items and palette suck balls, but I chose the closest things I could find and tried to Photoshop whatever I could...which was just Alex's hair. You can't exactly overlap two scarves, or two shirts...so they don't look accurate. I tried my best though. XD

PrbLN6l.png
pIhz8Aw.png
qnkfQyY.png
t1HJb5O.png
Ky4lSqx.png
ddRsOEG.png
ZWkYbDU.png
Z80dYZU.png
KyhrtoR.png
gCqiSaP.png
dj03hbT.png
rP8KVyH.png
lAyNHfe.png
QaBGssQ.png
W466imo.png
8qwBMZy.png

These are actually supposed to be used for a fun MBTI chart project in this Discussion Thread, since there are 16 characters and 16 types...and I've seen some Pokemon MBTI charts myself...such as this one...but I cannot for the life of me decide on some of the others' types. I have Lorenzo as ENFP, Kyle as INTJ, Gwen as ENFJ, Olivia as ISFJ, Rene as INTP...and then everyone else is just one huge mess because I wanted one of each type and there were too many possible ESFPs (Alex, Iris, Ivan...maybe even Henry or Ally). XD

Anyway, now you could see them in all their shrunken, chubby glory...is it more difficult to decide who's probably friendly and nice...and who's someone you wouldn't want to bump into in the middle of the night? :p

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Woo! Activity!

There should be 18 people, but two of those spots aren't filled. :p

Why is Henry holding a strawberry with a happy face on it? :p Why is who I believe to be Leslie holding a sundae?

You're probably gonna be on your own with the MBTI chart. :p

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Henry's is supposed to be a chocolate strawberry because he loves chocolate. It's edible, hehe. Leslie is holding a green sundae, which is why she's making a pissy face! :p

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
That's really cool, Jean! XD That must've taken some time

Tangeh

Omg, that is amazing. I love it. They're all so cute! :'D (Sorry I didn't give a reference picture for Henry - he didn't turn out like I imagined in the avatar creator because his main feature is his bulkiness, so I didn't show it >_> but he's based very heavily off Herry from Class of the Titans so he basically looks like that lmao)

Per the Myers Briggs scale, I'm apparently incredibly bored so I went through the 16personalities test answering as if I was Henry and got ESFJ, which is what I expected. Although obviously his character isn't a real person and isn't fleshed out enough yet to get completely accurate results, but I think that would be most accurate to him.

Vern

Why not both?
Haha that's awesome! Did you use a sort of avatar creator thing?

As for the MBTI charts, I think I might actually go and do them as Fern just to see how it turns out.

EDIT: I got INFP for her. Not super-accurate IMO, but I can't be bothered to go and do another one...

Last edited: