• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legendary Awakening [SU Thread ]

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I know but I love them all (I'd choose Sigilyph but that's technically fully evolved). Abra felt too obvious and-WAIT HOW DID I FORGET WOOBAT? .__.

Okay I'll reserve Psychic with Meloetta/Woobat if that's alright. I could try to get something up tomorrow but if not, would me trying Saturday be alright with you as well?

Tapu Lele will get another chance one day along with Trubbish and Sandygast.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I know but I love them all (I'd choose Sigilyph but that's technically fully evolved). Abra felt too obvious and-WAIT HOW DID I FORGET WOOBAT? .__.

Okay I'll reserve Psychic with Meloetta/Woobat if that's alright. I could try to get something up tomorrow but if not, would me trying Saturday be alright with you as well?

Tapu Lele will get another chance one day along with Trubbish and Sandygast.

Saturday is fine and all works well. Meloetta out of ALL psychic legends tho? Intervesting...

Vern

Why not both?
WIP, will be finished soon. Probably. I hope the personality does cover all the spots. Will refine stuff later.
EDIT: Done.

Name: Sylvana Fenchurch (Nickname Fern, which is what she introduces herself as)
Hometown: Sootopolis City

Type: Flying
Legendary: Rayquaza
Powers:

Bounce - Fern can suddenly decrease her body weight, allowing her to jump great heights and perform all sorts of acrobatics.
Twister - Fern can call upon the winds to create a miniature spiral of wind. Disorientates and damages the opponent.
Air Slash - Fern can manifest a single, cutting ‘blade’ of air. Can vary in intensity.
Dragon Dance - Fern can draw upon a strange power through a strange series of movements and incantations (there doesn’t seem to be a fixed one), which enhances her speed, reaction time, and strength greatly.

Appearance:
iEqyFtK.png

Fern appears to be a good deal younger than she actually is. She is on the thinner side, which, coupled with her relatively small size and pale skin, often makes people think of her as being fragile and in need of protection, something she doesn't really appreciate. She isn't exactly very short, but her childlike face, lack of development in the bust area, and the fact that she does tend to reach only up to other people's shoulders often makes her seem a lot younger than she actually is, something she doesn't quite appreciate. Her hair is brown and quite long, usually ranging from waist-length to ankle-length depending on when she last cut it. It's also quite messy, and although its length forces her to comb it every now and then, it's usually easy to tell she didn't do a very good job of doing so. Occasionally, she ties one side of her hair (depending on her mood and which hand is more readily available) into a rather messy braid, just for some variety. Her eyes are a bright leaf green and people tend to describe her eyes as having a sort of clear, clean feel ('like a mountain spring', as she would put it).

As for clothing, Fern likes to dress for function over fashion, although to her those are often one and the same. All of her clothing is quite light and thin, and usually built to allow her maximum freedom of movement (her coat is an exception). She tends to wear black shirts and pants, made of the synthetic material usually made for sports/quick-dry t-shirts. They tend to also have white or grey stripes or other geometric designs on them. Some of her clothes have been very obvious stitched back together after being damaged, but she doesn't really care. They're also loose enough to be quite comfortable and allowing for ease of movement while not getting in the way. She tends to wear trainers or running shoes, and occasionally goes barefoot. Her two signature items of clothing - ones she almost always has on - are her green, leaf-shaped ribbon, and her dark, navy blue overcoat. The ribbon has received a good bit of wear-and-tear, and looks a bit frayed, but she still likes how it looks (and it's the only thing she pays attention to when looking at her appearance). Her overcoat is quite large, and reaches all the way down to her ankles. Its sleeves are also quite voluminous, kind of like a robe, which allows her to hide things in them (usually just a pen, a notebook, and a few trinkets). She also has several belts (looped seemingly randomly around her) and many pockets, where she stores all sorts of things. During the winter, she occasionally wears a very long and wide scarf of a similar colour.

Personality: Generally, most people who interact with Fern leave with a favourable impression of her. She is the calm, quiet type, but always unfailingly friendly, earnest, and polite despite her tendency to not speak much. She prefers to stay generally unobtrusive and out of the way, doing what she does without being noticed, being the type who’d step out of somebody’s path or hold the door open for someone in a way that is so completely natural that nobody thinks twice about it. She’s great at blending into crowd despite her odd getup, and is generally quite inconspicuous, due to her very calm and ‘I’ll-just-stand-to-the-side-and-watch’ attitude. She’s rather withdrawn and certainly not expressive, the most significant signs of emotion she offers being a small, happy smile or a slight grimace. People seem to think of her as simply being in a state of tranquil contentment, and she tries her best gives them no reason to think otherwise. Over the years, she has started to feel like she can no longer have fun and feel emotion, and feels a sort of emptiness within her. She’s also extremely very intelligent.

She doesn’t feel much, and some events which would cause a normal human being to leap up in joy would only elicit a sort of satisfied smile from her. As a result of this, She sees herself as being an empty vessel, lacking in that sort of emotional spark that made human beings human. She gets flustered easily and dislikes being paid attention to, preferring to stay on the sidelines. A free spirit at heart, she likes it when she is in full control of herself, unbound by connections to anybody else. She isn’t a great actor, and can’t hide her emotions well, but since the signs she shows are rather subtle, many people do not pick up on them. She gets nervous easily and has little self-confidence, although fright/nervousness is one of the few things she has grown adept at hiding, because she knows that those two things are the signs people associate with weakness and vulnerability, making her a target in the eyes of those who wish to take advantage of others. She doesn’t know why she stopped being a normal, sensitive little girl like she was as a kid, but she associates it with her separation with her childhood friend and the events that predated it.

As she grew up, Fern began to feel bored, disillusioned. She began to lose interest in the world around her, becoming sort of cynical and jaded. She finds the ‘real world’ she has grown up in a boring place, driven by the same set of superficial and meaningless rules wherever she goes. She wishes to find something interesting and meaningful, but wherever she looks, she just sees the same old people, driven same old shallow needs and wants, and while she does not like to admit it, she has sort of given up on finding anything interesting. In her heart, she believes that the world must be a nice place, but she feels that she has become unable to see the niceness, and as a result, had withdrawn from it. She has very few connections, and is pretty much a complete loner despite her otherwise relatively likeable personality. She doesn’t try to get close to people, and while she wouldn’t exactly mind, they don’t try to get close to her either, due to her general inconspicuousness. She has low self-esteem, seeing herself as being weak-willed and empty, useless, as she is unable to feel the things other people feel, have fun in the same way other people have fun. As such, she often finds herself feeling that she has no purpose, and that her life is meaningless. Like her parents, she began to fall in love with travelling, or just generally being on the move, even if it’s just a walk around town, as it gives her a sense of purpose. She doesn’t like to sit still for long periods, and will often end up pacing around her room if she’s got nothing to do. She doesn’t exactly consider herself unhappy - in fact, she doesn’t really mind her lifestyle - but the sense that there is something missing still nags at her.

So, tired with reality, she began to take refuge in her imagination, spending most of her time daydreaming, writing, drawing, things that allow her to spend time in her own worlds, filled of wonder and intrigue and the emotions she thinks herself as incapable of feeling. She loves to write and draw, and is well versed in literature and art. She often appears absent-minded and generally un-alert, and people often find themselves having to call to her many times before she answers. Her imagination is rather vivid and fanciful, and if you were to somehow look into it, reflects a childlike side that she hasn’t quite lost. Immersed amongst darker themes like depression and insanity are things like princes and princesses, lovers holding hands in the park, and happily-ever-afters, intertwining both sides of her personality into a amazing universe full of all the things she loves - the weary, cynical, emotionless ‘dark’ side, and the childlike, sensitive, girly ‘light’ side. The ‘light’ side of her, however, seems to be confined to her imagination, and try as she might, she finds herself unable to manifest it in the real world.

History: Fern’s parents were career travellers, always on the move, making money off selling goods, doing research, and writing along the way - making a decent living out of it too. So, it was hardly unusual that they moved around a LOT. However, when Fern was born in Sootopolis City, they chose to stay put for a while, in order to give her childhood some stability, and allow her time to grow up a bit before they started dragging her along with them on their travels. Even then, they often had to leave home and go wander around in the areas around Sootopolis, if only to satisfy their own wanderlust.

She went to kindergarten there. Having been a meek and generally nice little girl, nobody really found any fault in her, and she was well liked by her peers, although she didn’t have any really close friends. She had already begun to be interested in fantasy, and folklore (sci-fi would come later), and spent a lot of her time in the library, devouring books. It was there that she had met her first friend, a young boy with blood red hair, who had shared similar interests. They spent most of their time together, and became very close. Looking back, Fern often speculates that she used to have a sort of stereotypical young-girl crush on him. He was quite energetic and generally boisterous, which complimented her own personality rather well. However, something happened to shatter that sort of happiness she had built for herself - the boy’s parents were killed in a shipwreck during a violent storm (they were out sightseeing at the time), and he himself only survived by a stroke of luck. He grew cold, distant, and cynical, and was taken away from Sootopolis City by his uncle. Fern, who was nine or so at the time, left Sootopolis City along with her parents soon after.

It was at this point that Fern thinks she began to grow from the naive little girl she used to be to who she was now, when the first signs of cynicism began to grow in her mind. Her family travelled a lot, her parents glad to resume their old lifestyle now that Fern was old enough - and, seemingly, mature enough - to travel with them. They moved around Hoenn and eventually into other regions as well, never staying in the same place for long, never setting down any roots. Fern had found herself seized by a strange sort of unhappiness and general moodiness ever since her friend’s sudden change and departure, and in an attempt to cheer her up, her parents gifted her with a Pokemon - a young Fletchling, who they had picked up while strolling through one of Kalos’s forests. He had been injured, and Fern’s mother, who knew first aid for both humans and animals, had patch him up. Having something to care for did seem to improve her mental state, and Fern found herself becoming less fed up and more content, although that strange melancholy never left her entirely.

Since her schooling had never exactly gone well due to their constant moving around, Fern’s parents, who were loath to see a mind as bright, imaginative, and generally intelligent as hers go to waste, began to homeschool her. She ended up doing most of her studying by herself, but she was all right with it - it gave her something to do, and it wasn’t like she didn’t derive any pleasure from it. Now that she was older, her parents were more willing to leave her alone, and she spent a lot of her time in solitude. She began to get more and more interested in the worlds of her own imagination, bringing them to life through writing and drawing, which became a passion of sorts for her, although she never really showed them to anyone. Her room was always messy and full of books, drawings, pieces of scrap paper and notebooks, as well as her laptop and other devices seemingly randomly thrown all over the place, no matter where she was staying. She started to withdraw into her own world more and more, becoming more and more interested in fantasy, science fiction and the supernatural, as well as folklore in general.

It was when she was in Castelia City that she first began having the dreams, dreams of a strange, serpent-like presence in the clouds, and two otherworldly voices calling out to her, calling her ‘Rayquaza’. She didn’t think much of it at first, since she had these types of fantasy/supernatural/prophecy-like dreams often (a byproduct of her perhaps too vivid imagination), but the voices were persistent, and eventually she began to wonder if there was something strange going on. She knew the legends well, and knew who and what Rayquaza was, and the prospect of being in some way connected to such a mythic and powerful creature excited her. She began to think of stories, about a girl with the powers of an ancient dragon (one of the fantasies she had shared with her long-lost friend), and as she was sketching some images of scenery and dragons, her Fletchling spoke to her, calling himself a ‘Messenger of the Legends’, and that she was to go to the ‘Hall of Legends’ when she turned eighteen. Fern knew vaguely what the ‘Hall of Legends’ was, but didn’t know its location, and was about to see if she had a book on it filed away somewhere when the scrap paper, food wrappers, and other things littered around her room began to fly into the air, as if they were being blown around by a powerful wind.

~
tumblr_inline_nisna3YYv41sjcorx.gif

Partner

Name: Alysrazor (Usually shortened to ‘Razor’)
Species: Fletchling

Appearance: He rather messy feathers (resulting in a rougher outline), and several distinctive black streaks on the orange part of his face body

Personality: Razor is hot blooded and full of energy, always eager to express himself and make things happen. He’s kind of the opposite of Fern in that regard. While she’s withdrawn and calm, he is outgoing and always moving. He can be very aggressive, and is always fill of confidence, never being afraid to go into battle, even without his trainer’s orders. Fern often finds herself having to hold him back from dangerous fights.

Misc: Nothing, really.

Last edited:

Tangeh

@Tangeh: yeah that's cool, I can pop down an extended reserve if there's something you have your heart set on.

I did want to sit on it for a bit, but I think I can base a Rock character off another character and have it done quicker. Can I reserve rock with regirock and rockruff? also, any excuse to play with rockruff I will take

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
And the cute widdle Fairy boy is done! :3

If possible, I'd like to reserve Ice with Kyurem and Sneasel.

He is a cute widdle fairy, the powers section made me laugh a lot. Lorenzo is accepted.

And certainly! If you'd like another character I will note you down for ice.

I did want to sit on it for a bit, but I think I can base a Rock character off another character and have it done quicker. Can I reserve rock with regirock and rockruff? also, any excuse to play with rockruff I will take

rock is noted for you! I await your sign up :3

---

seven types are left! Any that are untaken in a weeks time will get super quick NPCs made by me. I may take a second character myself buuuuut I'm not sure what type yet. tossed up between fire, grass, and ghost.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Hydrangea: *sighs* Okay.

Then here are some WIPs BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE TAKES A TYPE I WANTED TO GET. Note. I may end up using completely characters when I'm done.
Done!

Name: Gwendoline Gunther
Hometown: Mistralton City, Unova
Type: Fighting
Legendary: Cobalion
Powers: Gwen has currently four abilities. The first one she found out was that she's able to form a sword made of blue light in her hands (aka Sacred Sword). The second is that she's able to form a ball of energy if she focuses (aka Focus Blast). Unfortunately, because she needs a lot of concentrate, she can't shoot in the heat of a battle, needing time to build it up. Next she can create glass like barriers (aka Reflect), usually in the form of a retangle plane. She can make it appear in defense of herself or someone nearby, but right now she can only do one at a time. The barrier stays around the person or thing she casted it on usually for a minute. Lastly, she can deliver a strike that will hurt but never knock out the opponent (aka False Swipe). Out of all powers she's discovered, she has become quite skilled in the one with the sword.

Appearance:
IjJppqe.png

(Forgot the headband, couldn't find a light blue version of that shirt, the necklace is the closest I could get, just replace the thing hanging with the Gunther family crest stitched in brown and well there were no muscled versions so imagine her arms have obvious muscles. Other than that, and maybe just the style of the hair, the image is mostly accurate)

Though she's not very tall, only standing at five foot four, Gwen is visibly muscled, her strength clearly shown in her arms and a few scars here and there. She maintains her strong and feminine physique everyday with sparring and exercise. She has serene green eyes, light skin and straight hair that's blonde, reaching only the back of her neck. She has a few bangs, some of them annoyingly reaching in between her eye. She usually wears a headband, a blue one usually, because of this annoyance. A warrior through and through, it shows in her clothes which emphasizes more on movement, comfort and practicality than fashion. She typically just wears a light blue shirt with thick khaki pants and black boots. In more cloder climates, she adds in an equally thick blue hooded jacket. The only accessory she has is the brown string necklace with the family's crest on it, a sword over a shield with the face of a wolf, she wears pretty much all the time. It's a necklace that every family member of the Gunthers wear.

Personality: Most people would consider Gwen to be quite the bookworm, always having her nose in a book. It is true, she has a love of books, often reading stories of things that happened long ago, and things that might have. But those people are probably those she decked and they're too embarassed to admit that they got beaten up by a girl who obviously looks like she could easily do so. After all, would you threaten someone who's ripped? But Gwen isn't exactly any kind of bully. She is, at heart, very much like what we associate with knight, a warrior with courtesy, kindness, compassion, loyalty and strength. In fact, she secretly has a liking to be called a knight, having been reading many stories on them. She diligently upholds this creed everyday.

When people meet her normally, she's about as polite as you can be. She shakes your hand, bows her head and treats pretty much everyone with an honest respect, no matter what you are. Though that respect will quickly disappear if you show any signs of malevolence, like any true knight. She often refers to others with honorifics, until they become her friends. But she's accomodating, and if you request for her to stop it, she will, unless of course you want her to keep referring to you that way, in which she's just as happy to do.

She is an inherently gentle and kind person. She almost comes off as motherly with her soft spoken voice and careful and equally soft handling, along with her patient. She can wait through the worst of threats, tantrums and lulls in excitement, which helps with her diligence. She's very much compassionate, always willing to help however she can, whenever she can. She's also fine with just listening to other's problems, staying silent and answering only when spoken to directly.

But don't confuse her kind behavior as meekness, as a knight, she is a warrior. If she is threatened, or anyone innocent near her, she will fight back. As a warrior, she dedicates herself to getting stronger and refining her skills, day by day, without stop. Though he's no brute, when combined with her compassion and how she often considers others' lives more important, she can get surprisingly reckless and stubborn. But, in part genetics and in part reading, she is as strong as she is intelligent. She knows quite a lot on various subjects, but her expertise are on myths and legends, much like her parents, and stories.

As a friend, she is all of this and more. She will always stay by her side and is fiercely protective. Although she rarely gets mad, her temper is like the frigid cold. It's still, it's calm but you know it's very, very dangerous. Thankfully, this doesn't happen often as she is quite the idealist, wanting to think the best of people and give them a chance. She is quite in touch with her emotions and herself and thus can usually tell when someone's being honest or not. With her maturity, she handles any crushes she have quite well but she knows that they're just that. If she does end up truly loving someone, and not just some infatuation, she is surprisingly affection but is still pretty much the same old Gwen.

History: Born in Mistralton to two professors who specialize in myth and legends, Gwen has lived in this city for most of her life. Her life was pretty much normal and mundane compared to others, no tragedies, no loss, just two loving parents and an entire library for herself. She was rather close to her parents, always up with them learning of stories of the past, of heroes and knights and gods. She went through school with not much trouble, with the only reason she was called into the principal's office was because of clarification on what happened with the bullies she outwit.

By the time she reached high school, she was quite well knowned amongst her peers. One thing that wasn't normal though was her training. She trained herself to fight every single day, which was relatively easy seeing as her grandfather happened to be a martial artist (their family is called Gunther for a reason). He was the one who had gifted her a young Sawk on her tenth birthday to train with, who she named Bedi, short for the name of her favorite knight from legend. Only three events that are of note for us happened in her life, one in her middle school days, the other when she was fourteen and the last not too long ago.

The first was one day when she was training with Bedi. When it was his turn to strike, a boy came up and used himself as a shield. Unfortunately he hurt himself because of that. He was going to get up and fight, along with his Sableye, but Gwen quickly, and calmly, explained the situation. He was clearly embarrassed but she didn't mind. As she patched him up, they talked as if they were the oldest of friends. Of course, the boy eventually had to leave but before introducing himself as Ivan and asking if they dould keep in touch. Knowing the sincerity of the request, she accepted. They ket in touch and Ivan visted her and her family whenver he was in the region

The second also involved Ivan. One day, he hadn't called her in a while and she got worried for him. So when he arrived on her doorstep a week after the communications stopped, she hugged him in relief and she and her family were fine with accepting him into their household. The last one started with a dream. There were voice speaking but the details were fuzzy. But there was one thing she remembered, they had called her "Cobalion". She woke up with a shock. She was confused about it. Did it mean anything? Was she really the leader of the Swords of Justice? Just as she was about to dismiss it to Ivan's prank, Bedi stated speaking to her and explaining things. And then Ivan turned out to be in the same situation, except he was called "Hoopa". She wanted to tell her parents about this but Ivan suggested they find out more and wait for their eighteenth birthday for that. So now they just practice their powers along with their Pokémon as they wait for their birthday.

And of course Ivan makes a joke about her acting a lot like a knight.

~

Partner
Name:
Bedi
Species: Sawk
Appearance: Bedi wears a little red collar that says "Loyal Knight", like his mate, Vera.
Personality: Incredibly loyal, to the point of fault, and calm, Bedi isn't very talkative though he doesn't mind it. If someone does talk to him, he's more than willing to chat. He's also polite and gentlemanly, despite being a Fighting type constantly striving to get better in his art. He cares a lot about his partner, Gwen, her best friend, Ivan, and his mate, Vera. It takes a lot to get him angry, but when he is, his temper is like a chilling wind. It won't make a sound but you know it's dangerous.
Misc: Only Ivan is allowed to call her Gwenny. Otherwise, she prefers to be called by her full name or Gwen, though she wouldn't mind too much if she's called Ivan's new nickname, Cobalt Knight, but she feels it might come off as somewhat egotistical.

Name: Ivan Vincent
Hometown: Pokémon Village, Kalos; currently lives in Mistralton City, Unova
Type: Ghost
Legendary: Hoopa
Powers: He is able to form orbs of ghostly energy that he can fire as far as he can throw, which is the usual distance most people can throw (aka Shadow Ball). He can also easily switch two items, though currently it's only items one can hold in their hands (aka Trick). He has become rather proficient in his last two abilities, levitation (I think I don't need to explain) and portal making (aka Hyperspace Hole). Though he can't levitate too high, only up to ten feet, and can't really go faster than a normal person can run. The portals he makes look like rings with a purple energy in them. These portals can't go too far and he can only make up to four at once. He also can only currently make them as wide as a hoola hoop.

Appearance: Tall and slender, standing at six foot eleven already, though he doesn't look like it, he's lean and completely muscled. He has brown skin, with his hands having thick callous from playing guitar, and is smooth. His eyes are a calm green and his straight hair is dark brown. As someone who doesn't care too much of what others think of his looks, he wears whatever he likes, though it might be to get weird looks from them on purpose. His most common set is a pink shirt with a purple vest and black slacks and dress shoes. He often wears a white fedora and almost always wears a pink scarf and blue scarf, owned by his mother and father respectively. He also almost always wears two yellow ring bracelets, both on his left wrist, a gift from his first and best friend, Gwenny. He often brings his light brown guitar with him, which has a blue and pink strap in honor of his parents.

Personality: A guy who's often seen with a smile on his face, Ivan is as cheerful as they come. Seething energy, he rarely gets bored. He finds something interesting in everything. That is thanks to his observant nature. He can pick up things quite well and it's hard to hide stuff from him. And he has honed this ability into his jokes and pranks. Yes, indeed, the man's a trickster. Nothing else in the world makes his smile bigger than a joke or a prank. But despite being an expert in elaborate pranks, and his love of jokes, he's not quite as good as he wants to be in doing it. Most of his jokes are either puns, the quality of which varies, or sarcasm, which usually gets him into unintended trouble.

Despite this, he's pretty approachable, more than willing to interact, though strangers do have a higher chance of being teased on, but thankfully nothing purposefully mean. He's almost like a child. He ofen asks many questions in a row, rarely giving a chance for the other to speak. He sometimes asks questions most wouldn't ask, not realizing they might be offensive or too personal. Or his questions might be outright ridiculous. He also doesn't seem to have any personal boundaries. If ypu get close to him, he won't mind, and he often gets too close to others. Sometimes, he gets upset like a kid, complaining, but never making a tantrum, thankfully. And like a kid, he usually only wants to do things that are fun. But for a friend, he will do his best, even if he doesn't like it.

But underneath all that joking, underneath all the puns, the pranks and the sarcasm, is, in truth, all what he's been doing to cope with all he's been through, from the death of his mother to the downward spiral of his father. He's careful on who he lets into his heart. His jokes are not only his joy in life, in fact, the only thing that he can do to be happy, they're also his defenses. He knows very well that only those who care will look past the masks and see him for who he is, a man with a fragile heart that, once a piece is taken, can't be given back. He will be your friend for the rest of his life, even if you don't think the same (and happens to be bi). He also knows if anything happened to those he cared about, he would go mad, both versions, unless someone reminds him to calm down.

History: Born to a loving couple in the small Pokémon Village in Kalos, Ivan's life started out just fine. He waa cared for by his mother and father, he learned how to walk, and he discovered his love for jokes rather early on, always trying to do knock knock jokes not long after he was three. But even at this time, Ivan didn't interact with many his age, his parents always moving around the world, bringing him with them. It was their work, they were the heads of a company that made technology for ghe good of Kalos. That was what the company was for...at first.

It all started heading downhill when he was six. His mother had died from some disease they could not cure. He was saddened, his father was devastated. At first, not much seemed to change after his mother's funeral. His father still tucked him to bed and spent time with him, sending him off to school and such. But with his joking tendencies, he had become more observant. He had noticed how broken his father's eyes looked. Slowly but surely, his father started becoming less his father. He started seeing things that weren't there, he got mad over the silliest things, he wasn't around that often, but that wasn't the worst of it. The worst was that he never smiled or chuckled at any of his jokes anymore. To combat this, he lifted his spirits with his jokes and he soothed it by learning how to play guitar.

But nobody knew, not that he wanted them to. He knew very well, even at the young age of eight, that his father would be stuck in some sterile and lifeless house for the crazy and he didn't want that. But he didn't keep completely shut. Among the students, he always made jokes about being trapped and how he wondered what people did to crazy people. Nobody, not even those he thought were his friends, guessed that he needed help. The father and son still traveled around the world, like when he was young, his father still spiraling downwards. It was during these travels that he met his two, and so far only, true friends. The first was during a visit in Hoenn when they wer examining the caves in Dewford. While he was with him, he noticed one of the crystals there and went to pick it up. Unfortunately, it turns out it was the eye of a Sableye and she got a bit mad. After apologies and explanations, the little ghost started following him. Eventually, he decided to keep her and name her Vera. He's happy he did.

The second was when they visited Mistralton City, Unova. He was alone in the city, his father busy as usual. Bored, he went to the nearby route since he had Vera. That was when he saw a Sawk and a girl fighting each other. Thinking she was in danger, he jumped in the way...and got himself hurt. To his embarrassment, it turns out they were just sparring. But she didn't seem to mind. In fact, they ended up talking for hours, as if they were the oldest of friends. Eventually, he had to leave but before he did, he realized they hadn't introduced each other. She said her name was Gwendoline, usually called Gwen. Ivan shyly asked if they could keep in touch through video calls and such. Surprisingly, she agreed.

Since then, whenever they went to Unova, he would always visit her. Whenever he wasn't in Unova, he would talk to her as often as he could. But even with this new friend to keep him busy, he didn't fail to notice his father almost disappearing. He saw him once in a while but it was so rare it was almost like he wasn't there at all. Then it happened, his father snapped. He had been preparing all his resources of his company to drill somewhere near Geosenge, illegally, apparently trying to find the legendary Yveltal. He was found out.

His father was put in jail on the day of his fourteenth birthday. To say the least, he was upset. Now the hands of the company his father used to own became what is now Lysander Labs, having been too young to inherit it. With nowhere to turn to, he used what he had inherited, mainly money, to get to Unova and asked his only human friend if he could stay with her family. She said yes and has been living with the Gunthers ever since. And apparently Vera was in love with Gwenny's Sawk.

For a while, everything was actually normal. He felt like a normal kid, going to school, making friends, that sort of stuff many people take for granted. He felt a lot better after talking with Gwenny about it, his family and such. And then the dream came. The dreams were all fuzzy, he could barely remember the details, but one thing stood out, someone calling him "Hoopa". He knew about that Pokémon, thanks to Gwenny's parents, who were professors on myths and legends. He had no idea why would he dream that. And then Vera started talking, actually talking, saying that she's the messenger of the gods or so,ething and that they should head to this hall of...something (give him a break, he was half awake when she told him). One problem though, she doesn't know where it is.

And just when you couldn't get more coincidental, his best friend happens to also be in the same situation, except whoever was talking in her dream called her Cobalion. At first, he thought he was going mad, like his father, but then he started to float unintentionally. That sealed the deal, they really had superpowers. Gwenny wanted to tell her parents, and really, he couldn't blame her, but he suggested that they practice and wait for their birthday, which wasn't too far. So now they just train with their Pokémon and wait for the day to come.

~

Partner
Name:
Vera
Species: Sableye
Appearance: Vera wears a little blue collar that says "Loyal Knight", like her mate, Bedi.
Personality: Loyal to a fault, she is incredibly calm and yet mischeivous all the same. She is close to Ivan, his best friend Gwen, and her Pokémon, Bedi. She also has a big appetite, like Ivan's best friend. If given gems, she'll gobble them up in an instant. She has a surprisingly bad temper if anyone manages to actually anger her, which means she's serious as it takes a lot to upset her, or hurting those she cares about.
Misc: Her favorite gem is zircon, particularly grey ones.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Name: Kyle Uriah Remington (See what I did there?)

Hometown: Lacunosa town, Unova

Type: Ice
Legendary: Kyurem
Powers:

Ice Punch: Kyle's hand glows with an icy aura, and he delivers a punch that may freeze what he hit.

Hail: Kyle can summon a small hail storm that can hurt others

Slush Rush: While it is snowing or hailing, Kyle can move faster

Outrage: Kyle's most powerful ability. He gains super strength, and goes on a rampage attacking everything in his path. Afterwards, he becomes dazed and confused from fatigue, and has to rest for a while.

JX8qvUy.png

Appearance: Kyle is tall and lean, standing at exactly six feet. He has a boyish face, though he still possesses a firm jaw. He has a small nose, and large, expressive almond shaped eyes, which are an icy blue color. He keeps his platinum blonde hair spiky using a generous amount of hair gel. He has very pale skin due to the lack of sunlight he gets, as heat always bothered him. He is an athletic boy, and is in good shape. He has a toned physique, that he got from years of training and being active. He is quite proud of this, and likes to show it off. Apart from on top of his head and eyebrows, he has no hair on his upper body or face.

For reasons he does not understand, Kyle is not bothered by the cold at all. As a result, he doesn't dress appropriately for the cold. His taste in clothing is also pretty simple, and he isn't one for dressing fancy. His usual outfits consists of an tight ice blue tank top, and a pair of worn out faded gray jeans which are held up by a belt. On his feet, he wears a pair of gray studded combat boots.

Personality: Kyle is a quiet young man who doesn't show emotion very often. In fact, it's rare to see him smile. Mainly because there isn't much to smile about these days. That doesn't mean he spends his time brooding about everything bad. He believes that if you have problems, you should at least try to do something about it, and not sit there feeling sorry for yourself. He doesn't talk very much, not because he's shy or anything, he just doesn't have much to say. It's hard to get more than a few words out of him at a time. When someone does try to talk to him, he tries to get straight to the point, and end the conversation as efficiently as possible. This often leads to saying things bluntly. He is patient and stoic, but he can get very angry easily when pushed too far. These days, he has a tendency to push people away because of his experiences with bullying, and he feels like people are inevitably going to leave you. He wasn't always this way though. He is quite friendly deep down, and he can be one of your closest friends if you have the patience to deal with him.

He doesn't have many friends, however he is popular with girls (and gay guys) because of his good looks. People are always trying to get him to smile, much to his annoyance. It irritates him greatly when people try to give him unwanted advice. It's annoys him when people expect him to change just because they told him to. He is interested in his athletic pursuits of all kinds. He particularly enjoys snowboarding. He is proud of strength, and likes to show it off. He does a lot of physical activity to maintain it. However this does not mean he is a dumb jock. He is actually fairly intelligent, and gets good grades in his classes. It is not something he likes bragging about though. He also enjoys reading books in his spare time, when he's not snowboarding, or keeping to himself. He enjoys reading about adventures as much as he enjoys having them himself. Kyle is always up for a challenge, and likes to explore new places. He likes the feel of winning, and can be a sore loser if he felt the other person's victory was undeserved.

Kyle has a strong sense of justice and "fairness". He is quick to defend those who have been unjustly wronged. He is also quick to voice his disapproval at things he deems unfair. He dislikes bullies as well as cheaters. He also enjoys a good fight, whether that be a Pokemon battle, or an actual fistfight. He tries to avoid being reckless. Always calculating and planning what he's going to do next. However, trying and succeeding are two different things. His temper has been known to get the better of him. His goal is to go traveling around the world, catch more Pokemon, challenge the Gyms, and become a Champion like he read about in books. Unfortunately, he feels like at this point, that goal is pretty much impossible.

History: Kyle was born and raised in Lacunosa town Unova. For as long as he lived there, everyone was afraid of the alleged monster that ate people caught outside after dark. His parents were among those who actually believed the legend. When he was young, he used to be a cheerful child. He liked to laugh and play with other kids. He was a small scrawny child when he was younger, and got picked on by bullies a lot who thought he was an easy target. It bothered him, but Kyle didn't really do much about it. He had a small circle of friends that he could always count on, so why should he let those bullies get to him?

For some reason, he was never bothered by the cold, and never understood why he had to wear a jacket outside all the time. While playing in the outskirts of town one day, a blizzard came in. Kyle's parents were worried sick when they couldn't find their son. Several hours later, he came back with a Sneasel he named Frosty following him. Kyle was completely unaffected by the cold, and acted like nothing was wrong. After that, his parents got more strict with letting him play around outside of the town, warning him it was dangerous to leave the walls of the town with that monster lurking.

After that, Kyle spent more time at home. He developed an interest in reading from an early age. He grew up reading a lot of books. His parents had all kinds of books about what life was like beyond the walls of Lacunosa. It was through these books that he learned about Pokemon training, and he trained Frosty, as well as himself, to become stronger. Seeing young people travelling around the world, challenging gym leaders, and becoming Champion was a desire that was instiled in his head from all the books he read about the subject. However, because nearly everyone was scared of getting eaten, and even the police enforcing the curfew, trying to do that was next to impossible. It wasn't helped by his small circle of friends started to gradually move away for various reasons, leaving young Kyle all alone in Lacunosa Town.

As he grew up, he started to become more withdrawn. He rarely spoke to other kids, and started to prefer doing things by himself. As such, he had very few friends other than his Sneasel. The bullying had stopped sure, but he didn't bother trying to make any new friends because he knew eventually they would just up and leave him. Thus, he learned to depend on himself, and Frosty. He felt sad that he would essentially be stuck in Lacunousa Town forever. He wanted to go out and see the world, and become a proper Pokemon trainer like the ones he read about. He still trained his Sneasel in battle, took up a hobby in Snowboarding, as well as threw himself into his schoolwork. However, he still felt down about the way his life was going. He wanted to hope that maybe things would get better, but he was beginning to doubt that.

Then, two weeks before his birthday, he had a strange dream. They called him by an unfamiliar name, Kyurem. That name was familiar to him, but he couldn't figure out why. The voice talked about some sort of prophecy, and to come to the Hall of Legends on his eighteenth birthday. He woke up before he could get any more information. He would have forgotten all about this, were it not for the fact that Frosty confirmed it's validity. Although, he didn't know what the Hall of Legends was either, despite supposedly being a Messenger of the Legends. Ridiculous as all this sounded, Kyle sensed an an opportunity. He began to plot his escape from the town he was trapped in. Man eating monster be damned. It helped that he seemed to develop powers, like being able to summon a small hailstorm.

Little does he know, he is the man eating monster!

Other: Likes the cold, but heat makes him grumpy and irritable.

Partner

215.gif

Name: Frosty
Species: Sneasel

Personality: Much to the surprise of many, Frosty is actually a friendly Pokemon. He is a playful and fun loving, who often tries to get Kyle to be less icy. He is very loyal to his trainer, and is one of the few that has seen Kyle smile. He is also a competitive Pokemon who likes to win, and is as vicious in battle as his species is known for being.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
@TheCharredDragon: You're reserved buuuuut, Cobalion is from Unova. Just as a small FYI, it's one of the swordsmen trio or some other junk from Unova. And Hoopa... Hoopa is kinda up to interpretation.

Uhhh I'm considering snatching up Steel or Water but I probably won't until a little later today if one of them remains unclaimed.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It is midnight atm and i finished my SU.
It is midnight atm so let me know if i messed something u.
It is midnight atm and i'm really tired.. lol, G'night.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Ice guy is done! Told ya it wouldn't take me long.

Annnnnd he's accepted! no puns allowed in my RPG :<

It is midnight atm and i finished my SU.
It is midnight atm so let me know if i messed something u.
It is midnight atm and i'm really tired.. lol, G'night.

You're good! My only tiny nitpick is the fact you're using Zapdos but he's from Unova but as Zapdos doesn't exactly have a super set location I'll accept it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Just to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about the sign up XD If I can get this up in a reasonable amount of time, I may want to have a second character for water (to add another female to the mix, lots of guys right now lol), but I'll finish this first and if there's anything available, we'll see.

Name: Isaac Thorton
Hometown: Couriway Town

Type: Ground
Legendary: Zygarde
Powers: Land's Wrath: Isaac can sense the life energy of Pokemon, people, and plant life around him and is able to use that energy to move the earth around him to attack, defend, etc. like earthbending, but definitely not as fluent.

Sand Veil: In dust storms, sandstorms, and just bad visibility caused by debris, Isaac can become much more difficult to grab/hit and has no problem running through sand.

Strength: As a combination from working on a farm and his powers, Isaac has greatly increased strength and can lift things far heavier than himself. Starting off from the RP, a car is currently all he can bare.

Dragon Pulse: By gathering and absorbing the ambient energy around him, Isaac can release a pulse of energy in a concentrated form.

Appearance: Isaac stands at an even 6 feet and weighs around 180 pounds. His body type is solid in that he is physically fit, but he is not stocky or overly buff. His skin is a light olive from his heritage as well as being outside most of the time. He has tousled, dark brown hair that he keeps cut enough to where it won’t get in his eyes, but if it was functional, Isaac would probably grow it out some more. Isaac has verdant green eyes, a trait from his grandparents, and has a firm jaw that keeps well shaven.

Isaac has never been into fashion, opting for comfort or functionality over what ‘the latest trends’ are. When working outside in the heat, Isaac sports an old T-shirt, pants, and a good pair of work boots. In the cold, he wears a hoodie or a sweatshirt. For casual attire, like delivering or just walking around town, Isaac likes to wear mid sleeve shirts with earthy tones with his current favorite being a deep chocolate brown with a black button set slightly to the right at the top. When it gets cool enough, Isaac sports a forest green coat with the hem reaching below his waist. He also has a grey backpack that he wears for deliveries, but has become so accustomed to it that he’ll keep it slung around a single shoulder when he isn’t busy.

Personality: Isaac is a quiet sort of person, but not because he’s shy or introverted, rather because he is observing what is happening around him and just likes to think. He’s more than happy to interact with others and listen to their problems, which is probably a contributing factor to this trait, and has become well known among his peers as the person who can lend an ear. If asked for advice, he’s going to be straight up with them, but understands that what people need to hear isn’t necessarily what they want to hear and appropriates accordingly. For instance, for someone who is more soft spoken, Isaac will have a softer approach for how to give that person advice, while for a no nonsense kind of guy, Isaac will just tell them how it is.

Since Isaac is outside a lot, he often runs into the kids that frequent Couriway and he’s become well acquainted with them. Isaac never had any younger siblings, so he enjoys playing with and teaching the local kids. As such, he has a good temperament and is quite patient. That doesn’t mean it can’t wear thin with some people, but it is almost unheard of to see Isaac blow a gasket. With him being around kids all the time, sometimes he can act a bit childish, to which he embarrasses himself and goes back listening rather than speaking.

If there’s one thing Isaac isn’t good at, it’s awkward situations. He’s not a fan of conflict even when it comes to little things like what’s for dinner and can unintentionally frustrate others by being too passive when it comes to himself. He also dislikes fighting for frivolous reasons or, worse so, no reasons at all and believes that people should try to come to a solution together instead of pursuing violent options. That being said, it does not mean he’s a bad battler. On the contrary, when given a good reason to fight for (his friends, family, or a just cause) he’s much more agreeable to a battle.

History:Life has always been pretty constant for Isaac. Being born to two berry farmers just outside Couriway Town, things don’t change too terribly much. People come and go on the train and they also come for the sight of the waterfalls that add to the water that surround and run through town. The town’s motto: “A town connecting differences” was a pretty nice summation of what Couriway was about-bridging rural with urban as well people with Pokemon. As such, Isaac has grown up with Pokemon in the picture.

When Isaac was born, he already had a sister (Victoria) seven years older than him, as well as a brother (Xavier) five years older than him. Being the youngest in a family of farmers, his older siblings would tend to take advantage of him every now and then with their work. Tricking him into counting all of the berries or have him chanting out in the orchard with his pants tied to a stick to ward off ‘berry stealing spirits’ were just a few of the shenanigans he was subjected to, but they were all family, so it was just something that Isaac came to expect.

Growing up, Isaac always loved books that his father would check out from the local library for him. From story books of myths long passed to berry cook books, there was quite the variety. When he came across a book about desert Pokemon, he always got a laugh out of the Pokemon Phanpy. Something about the blue little elephant just got a rise out of him. He convinced himself that he needed one, so at age 7, he tried to trek out to the only desert place that he knew. The desert by Lumiose City. However, Isaac hadn’t even left the town when he was reined in and lectured by his family and he soon fell back into the routine of delivering berries in the city, albeit, a bit glum.

When Isaac was 10, Victoria suddenly up and left to pursue her dream of a designer in Lumiose. She and her parents had been arguing about it for a while since her parents wanted her to stay and be apart of the family business, but she ended up running away without their blessing and left Isaac and Xavier without a good bye. Xavier left later that year, as well, to be a Rhyhorn racer. While the entire family has made amends with one another since then and Isaac’s siblings frequently visit, the impact of that year still stirs feelings of loneliness in Isaac every now and then. It was also that year that he received his Pokemon…Trapinch. Not the Phanpy he expected, but Isaac grew to love the Trapinch, and he also became quite useful for pruning berry trees and bushes. He later named the Trapinch, Yache, a berry that was Trapinch’s favorite.

All was par for the course until a few weeks before Isaac’s 18th birthday and things started to get strange. During his times of quiet he could ‘feel’ the world around him, more so than usual. He could feel the life energy of the Pokemon, people, and plant life around him. He even moved the ground around him. These weird occurrences culminated to one night in which Isaac had a dream that involved voices he didn’t recognize all calling the name of Zygarde and a summons to come to the Hall of Origin. Isaac woke up to have Yache start saying something similar. Coming to terms with all these changes was going to be difficult to say the least.

Other: Something to note, didn’t know where to fit it in- Isaac is not a very good swimmer. He can swim, but not for long since he sinks like a stone (pun intended)
~

Partner

Name: Yache
Species: Trapinch

Appearance: Just a regular ol’ Trapinch

Personality: A very quirky creature, Yache likes to munch on things. Not necessarily to eat them, but he just to get his jaw some action. He follows Isaac around like a puppy and enjoys climbing onto Isaac’s head. He wants the best for his trainer and prides himself on being- “Isaac’s best bud”

Misc: LOVES Yache berries

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I caved, I'm taking grass.

Name: Olivia "Olive" Manami (Princess Olivia Manami)
Hometown: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh

Type: Grass
Legendary: Shaymin
Powers:
  • Vine Whip: Olive summons vines from her hands to attack her foes
  • Synthesis: Olive channels energy from the sun to heal herself, light effects how severe of wounds she can heal.
  • Chorophyll: When the sun is shiny brightly, Olivia can run faster.
  • Natural Cure: Olive seems to heal from wounds faster than normal people.
Appearance:
UyoZTak.png

Olivia is somewhat small for her age, standing around 5'3" and weighing around 130 pounds. Her figure, if one could call it that also doesn't help with her usually being confused for younger than she is, especially because she really has no definite hips and only really has small B cup breasts. Her face is cutesy, making her appear young, especially with her face being marked with little freckles on her cheeks and above her nose. Her eyes are a bright green, large and full of wonder; it's been said that almost every Manami has been born with green eyes. Her hair is long and straight, golden brown in colour; some may even describe it as honey coloured. It's a similar colour to her mother's but the slightly darker nature of it comes from her father having brown hair. She wears a leaf clip on her right side to accessorise her hair and also throws some leaf earrings into her ears.

For clothing, Olivia likes to dress somewhat cutesy. She wears a green polka dot dress that extends to just past her knees with a light brown jacket over top of it in order to warm herself up. She wears light brown leggings so her bare legs don't show and black dress shoes. For accessories she wears a green scarf and carries a brown satchel that she often sits her Bounsweet, Sylvie inside.

Personality: Olive could be described as a calm person, she's level-headed and always has a clear mind when going into difficult situations. Thanks to her clam nature, she finds it fairly easy to calm other people during bad situations; and would probably be best equipped to be a teacher or something else that involves helping people younger than she is with their problems. She understands her own emotions well, and is equipped to handle them; maintaining her calmness and her collectiveness in order to be at tune with her own emotions and try to better understand others around her. However, she has some trouble rationalising with other people, as she finds herself to be a little too sensitive and could cry even while other people are just telling her about their own problems. However, she tries to be the best person she can, listening to other people's problems and attempting to help them through it, even if she finds what they're telling her to be extremely sad or depressing. She stays true to what she believes in, even if it may affect her poorly within the coming situations. Actually, she's a pacifist which doesn't exactly bode well with this whole "war with Necrozma" thing. It would take a lot to get her to break this belief, as well as any of her other beliefs as they have been ingrained deeply within her by her family and by her own moral stand points.

Olive is friendly, finding it easy to talk with people that she knows through her parents or have been in her life for an extended period of time; however due to her sheltered upbringing she has a lot of trouble talking to new people and often shys away from them due to being scared what they'll think of her. Especially because her father always told her "never to trust or talk to strangers". She's not used to being around a lot of people, especially due to her royal upbringing and only being allowed to see her family and her families "servants" for lack of a better word. (She always called them friends who helped her get ready and treated them kindly, unlike her mother Irene "Iron Fist" Manami.). If one didn't know better due to the way she acts and presents herself, one might assume Olive is a lot younger than she actually is. The age she is most often mistaken for is around fourteen, rather than a girl who is just about to reach adulthood.

History: Olivia wasn't exactly welcome into her family when she was born. The Royal Manami family of the Sinnoh region had been around for countless generations at this point and the next child born would inheritate the family estate and be in charge once their parents passed away. This was a great responsibility because along with it came the privilege to make large decisions for the Sinnoh region and it's relationship with the other regions. Olivia's father, King William Manami was ready for the birth of his son; as he had made it clear to his wife is what he had wanted. William and his wife Irene had even picked out the name Vincent for their future son and were anticipating his arrival, especially considering the doctors had told them their son was being born on the fabled anniversary of the Necrozma legend. However, there was much confusion in the delivery room when Queen Manami gave birth to a healthy baby girl. The king was rather angry, he felt like the doctors had been lying to him but they all claimed the ultrasounds showed a boy. With gruffness and distain, King William accepted the fact that he had a daughter; but wanted nothing to do in naming her. As such, Queen Irene picked out the name "Olivia" as she had always liked the way it sounded. She knew her husband was upset because a girl would be taking over the kingdom, but he was also upset because they were much older than the average new parents and the little girl would most likely be their only child.

Olivia grew up on her families estate within Floaroma Town in the Sinnoh region. Here, she was trained in order to be the next royal beneficiary; and was taught the morals that her family had held onto for generations. The Manami family was famous for being a pacifist ruling class, they hated violence and looked with distain upon Pokemon trainers for pitting their Pokemon against one another; as such, none of the family owned Pokemon, but let Combee and other bug types flock to their garden to be observed. Olivia herself was usually tended to by her family's servants, but she often called them friends or even aunts and uncles. They would take her out to various locations in Sinnoh to view the regions and understand the geography and taught her various things in a school located in Canalave City. Her parents didn't raise her themselves as they were both busy, her mother was known as "Iron Fist" as she was the tougher of the two rulers and often yelled at those below her and held a very commanding and authoritive tone. Olivia was kind of frightened of her mother, preferring to avoid her line of sight if at all possible. And Olivia's father, although being the more peaceful of the two didn't exactly seem to like Olivia, even in her own eyes. Her father seemed to avoid her, and never referred to her by name; she even overheard him talking about how things would've been so much better if they had had a boy.

Olivia didn't have much contact with the world outside the estate, and when she did it was always with one of her handlers present. She was told to avoid people, not speak unless spoken to and usually keep her eyes on the ground. So, she did as she was told; never really learning to talk to people her own age or anything similar to that. She was shy, and somewhat withdrawn when new faces came to the estate; but if her parents approved of the person she put on her best face, not wanting to disappoint them. On one of her outings, one of Olivia's handlers stepped away and told her to stay put; so she did, always one to obey the rules, however while standing still a small Bounsweet came bounding towards her; running from a Growlithe. Olivia gasped at the poor Pokemon, picking it up and quickly putting it in the small Satchel she always carried. She knew she wasn't suppose to keep Pokemon so she told herself only for tonight, she would let it go in the morning. But upon returning home and letting it out of her bag she felt a strong attachment to the little Pokemon. As such, being the most commanding she had even been in her life asked the small Bounsweet to act like a stuffed animal when she wasn't present in her room so her parents would never catch on. And, surprisingly, as her parents never paid much attention to her, it worked very well.

Now, as her eighteenth birthday approaches; she's noticed something kind of odd. She seemed to get faster in the sunlight and her small scrapes and bruises seemed to heal a lot faster than they used to. She also had this weird dream where two different voices summoned her to someplace called the "Hall of Legends" and called her Shaymin. Shaymin? Wasn't that the flower Pokemon that was able to transform with a special flower from her home village? Why on earth would they be calling her that? And why had her little Bounsweet suddenly started speaking in HUMAN speech to her? This was all too weird, but she felt drawn somewhere far away...

~

Partner

bounsweet.gif

Name: Sylvie (Honorary Knight Sylvie)
Species: Bounsweet

Appearance: Completely normal, however she has a small pink bow tied around her stem.

Personality:
Similar to her master, Sylvie has an innocent and childlike nature. She's shy, often hiding behind her master; especially because she's usually forced to hide from her master's parents. She's a little giddy at times, often giggling when she's spoken to by other Pokemon. She has a sweet voice, soothing to hear.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I want to get my post in. I am allowed to update this gradually throughout today and tomorrow, right (Maybe Sunday too?)? .__. I also have a question relating to powers (I did read some other's SU's but I want to be sure).

qHeUDpg.png

Name: Leslie White
Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova

Type: Psychic
Legendary: Meloetta
Powers:
• Round: Singing a small piece from a song Leslie sings, a couple of small music notes strikes the opponent.
• Confusion: Focusing her mind, Leslie lifts up a small object or Pokemon and throws it at the ground to cause damage. Ineffective against moderate or larger objects or Pokemon.
• Serene Grace: Singing a somewhat small melody, light will shine upon Olivia for a short while and will slightly raise the damage to opponents for her allies.
• Role Play: Copying another person's movements, Leslie can use a move at random learned from the person she used the move on. Leslie can not control the randomness however.

Appearance: Leslie is a 5'9 inch tall girl with an affinity for blue clothing. Her hair is a basic dark brown coloring cut short due to her hair once being much longer. She has green eyes and her skin is bright and clean for the most part due to her taste for perfection, in this case being to keep herself clean at all costs. Leslie's clothing style is relatively simple as she does not like to where anything that she deems "complex". With that said, Leslie wears a somewhat-dark blue shirt that is cuffed and wears a pair of jeans in contrast to her personal preference for clothing style. To go with this, she wears white socks and a black pair of sneakers to complete her look. Leslie's shoes are her most cared form of clothing due to an OCD she developed as a child and thus she keeps her black sneakers shining everyday.

The reason Leslie likes blue clothes and the color blue in general is because she likes blue colored Pokemon the most as well as loving how calm the color feels to her. Her friends will say that green is the color that symbolizes calmness but Leslie personally believes that it is the color of everything that she deems gross despite her eyes being green too. Still, Leslie is gradually trying to see green in a different light because a couple of her friends like green and Leslie wants to have their respect despite their differences. Because of this, Leslie tries to wear a green shirt every Saturday in order to gradually get used to the green coloring but like her other clothes, she keeps green clothing to either a polo or shirts similar to the one she usually wears. Of course she does not say "gross" to anyone wearing green since she keeps it to herself but it can take a couple of minutes for Leslie to get settled with those that wear said color.

Personality: With an outgoing and approachable attitude, Leslie is a welcoming person to everyone that meets her. She is a highly intelligent person that has obtained high grades in the school she attends to and because of this, some come to her for help in schoolwork. Leslie is also a great singer and is happy whenever someone or a group of people like her friends or family ask her to sing. She even joined a club involving and dancing to express her personality too. Woolu, Leslie's Woobat, also helps spice up Leslie's performance by often using Psychic moves to have Leslie sing while levitating at the same time. As shown here, Leslie does not seem like the person to get mad easily...well a couple of things can actually set her off from her usual sweet personality.

Despite this, when it comes to her polishing her shoes or her caring about her shoes in general, Leslie can be a bit snappy whenever it comes to taking care of what footwear she has on. Whenever Leslie gets the opportunity to do so, she will go to the bathroom or somewhere with cleaning supplies and clean her shoes to make sure they're clean and polished. Sometimes, Leslie will even bring her own cleaning supplies as ensured backup in case there isn't anywhere with the ability to clean her shoes. This snappy side of Leslie also carries over to school as well. When Leslie is busy with schoolwork, she does not like to be bothered as she believes that every minute counts when it comes to studying for tests, doing homework, and other schoolwork-related matters. This had lead her into trouble with her parents too before as she will snap at them for even just knocking on her door in her room! Leslie also gets scared easily whenever she looks at something that disgusts her and immediately tries to leave right on the spot as Leslie also cares about being a clean person. She hardly owns anything colored green for this reason as it reminds Leslie of various things such as garbage and the like. Overall, Leslie is an approachable person that loves to be around with others and put on a good show here and there but her fear of disgusting things, her striving for perfect grades on schoolwork, and her OCD involving her shoes can hinder her cheery side easily due to wanting to be 100% clean and smart.

History: Leslie's life was full of inspiration when she was a young toddler. Her mother became a model in Nimbasa's Catwalk shows where she was one of the signature models to promote clothing in the city during her childhood while her father was one of the managers of the Pokemon Musical domes. Because of her parent's jobs, Leslie decided to pursue a singing career in hopes of being like her parents one day and she had the voice to carry her towards that goal as she grew older. She began by spending lots of time on her homework and making sure she was clean everyday. One day, when Leslie was nine years old and walking in Route 4, she accidentally stepped on a Trubbish's arm and got her shoes dirty. Leslie immediately ran back to her home, took a bath, and asked her father to polish her shoes. This lead to Leslie making sure she would not step on anything green or disgusting while trying to find the best opportunity to clean her shoes.

At age thirteen, during one night, Leslie was walking home from a performance she gave to her friends when all of a sudden, some wings were flapping. It was a Woobat flock and it came over Leslie's head. However one of the Woobat fell down from the sky and onto Leslie's shoes and scared her. She quickly polished her shoes before picking up the Woobat and it noticed that its left wing was injured. Fortunately, Leslie had a spare bandage and put it on Woobat's left wing to where it was able to fly again. The Woobat then proceeded to land on top of Leslie's head as a way of affection. Leslie was surprised as to how clean this Woobat felt and decided to take it home to where she nicknamed the Woobat Woolu.

When Leslie became fourteen years old, she started taking school more serious then ever and she even joined a club all about fine arts (singing and dancing in particular) in which she made some new friends along the way. After the regular hours of school were over, the club would meet together and Woolu would join with her welcoming and loving presence each time they meet. Leslie joined this club to try and become the best singer in school in addition to her striving for perfect grades. Leslie's voice somehow gave others the courage and strength to do better at school every time she performed. Woolu would often use her psychic powers to lift Leslie as she performed in front of her club. Finally, when it came to seeing the dancers of the club, she tried to reenact their moves and tried her best to be like them despite her preference of singing. Whenever she got a dance move down, she used it in her performances to spice things up. However, some strange things happened later...

One day in the club, Leslie began to sing in front of her club members and after singing a certain melody, sparkles began to appear. Her club members were curious as to what was happening but when Leslie continued to sing, those sparkles became music notes. These music notes then flew against the wall without any damage whatsoever. No one knew how it happened but Woolu smiled at what Leslie had done. Leslie returned back to her house later, curious as to what just happened, and began to do her homework. As Leslie was finishing up an Algebra II assignment, she looked at her paper very carefully. Focusing on the things she wrote, Leslie felt like her head was hurt and when she screamed in pain, her assignment and pencil floated in the air but dropped afterwards. Leslie tried to figure out how this had just happened after the small incident in the club that she was in.

After a singing performance was presented by Leslie's club in her high school a couple of weeks before her eighteenth birthday, Leslie went back home and began to sleep on her bed. During the hours of the early morning, something strange started to happen: Voices from somewhere started to speak all over Leslie. She could not recognize where it was coming from but they were calling Leslie by the name Meloetta. Leslie was confused by why they were calling her such a name until Woolu came to her window requesting to be let in.

Leslie opened the window door for Woolu only for Woolu to say "Crazy things are happening, huh?". At first Leslie could not believe that Woolu spoke in human language until Woolu landed on her bed saying how comfortable it was. Leslie calmed down after a few minutes and could not believe that she was able to easily speak with the Pokemon she bonded with. Woolu quickly proceeded to tell her something very important: "So you're going to be eighteen in a couple of weeks, right? That's awesome! You know what else is awesome? I am here to tell you to go to the Hall of Legends on your birthday. You see I am a Messenger of the Legends and I need you to come over there. Understood? Great! I hope you look forward to it!". After all this had happened, she thought for a moment about what was going to happen then. Leslie was unfamiliar of the whereabouts of the so-called "Hall of Legends" but between Woolu speaking human language and what happened at the club and the homework she worked on that floated in the air, Leslie felt like this was really important and thus told Woolu that she would look forward to what was going to happen on her eighteenth birthday. Leslie's only hope is that the Hall of Legends was clean enough for her to not have to polish her own shoes every hour or so.

~

Partner

woobat.gif

Name: Woolu
Species: Woobat

Appearance: [ Anything from the norm? If not, this can be left blank ]

Personality: Lovey-dovey but can get a bit ahead of herself at times.

Misc: [ Anything Else? ]

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
All right, now I'm done XD I'm going to wait a little longer to see if anyone takes Water and if not, then I'd be happy to take it if I given the go ahead.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
@Vern / Cometstarlight: Both of you are accepted :3c

I want to get my post in. I am allowed to update this gradually throughout today and tomorrow, right (Maybe Sunday too?)? .__. I also have a question relating to powers (I did read some other's SU's but I want to be sure).

Powers: Wait powers? You mean like actual super powers seen by those movies or powers in terms of what skills she can accomplish?

The best sign up to answer your question is probably Olive's; she has a mix of both. Pokemon abilities/moves are the easiest way.

---

EDIT: For everyone still working on their SUs, I would like to maybe have this started by next Thursday so if you could be done by then that would be excellent.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Name: Alena "Ally" Volkova (she hates it when someone uses the more traditional nickname "Alenka")

Hometown: Snowpoint City (Let's just assume that Snowpoint City is the default "Russian" setting in the Pokemon world for now, hehe)

Type: Dragon

Legendary: Dialga

Powers:

Dragon Claw: Alena channels draconic energy into her hands, lengthening and toughening her nails into dragon's claws and imbuing them with a dragon's power; she then slashes at her foe.

Pressure: Alena exudes a particularly intimidating, dangerous air that seems to scare the hell out of some people, and can even make the particularly susceptible go along with her (usually dangerous) ideas. Especially effective when she wants a drinking game.

Shadow Claw: Alena conjures up shadowy energy in her hands and uses it to strike at her opponents. Much better at catching foes off-guard than her usual Dragon Claw.

Iron Tail: Alena creates a diamond-hard energy tail from behind her, and strikes her foe hard with it.

Appearance:
zKwraS0.png
EvwAnzW.png
(pretend the skulls are dragon skulls, complete with horns)

Alena, though rough around the edges, has a striking beauty that makes people look twice. She's very tall, standing at 6'1" in height, and has very fair skin, and a leanly muscular frame with long, lithe legs and very large breasts that she doesn't mind showing off. Her hair is long, thick and cut unevenly, though most of it hangs down to her hips, and her bangs usually cover her right eye. It's usually left down, or done simply in a messy ponytail or a loose side braid. While her natural hair color is platinum blonde, she started dying it silver-white fairly recently, after she had trouble dying her hair black and someone suggested that silver-white was a good color for her. Her eyes are a haunting violet color, framed with long lashes that are often coated with black mascara. Her face is angular, and her nose is strong, aquiline and rather prominent. She has a navel piercing, and her ears also have multiple piercings; her left ear has two upper helix, two earlobe and one tragus, while her right one has one rook, two forward helix and one transverse lobe. All of them are decorated with different sorts of dark-themed hardware. She has a big tattoo on her upper back, which takes the form of a scene featuring a howling wolf and a flying dragon, as well as on her upper right arm, taking the form of an upwards-pointing triangle glyph with a horizontal line cutting across. Her nails are painted black.

Alena has a distinctive subversive taste in clothes, preferring the color black in just about everything she wears. Details like studs, skulls (especially horned dragon skulls), spikes, chains, safety pins and edgy elements are her thing, and she loves leather and torn/ripped fabrics, while also enjoying some things like black lace and from time to time. Her usual outfit consists of a long-sleeved black top that reaches her hips in length, torn at the sleeves, at the cleavage (of course) and at the torso (showing off her stomach), with some of the holes held together by safety pins, a distressed, angry dark silver dragon skull with horns emblazoning the front and silver spikes decorating the shoulders. Under this, she wears black short shorts with ripped bottoms and studded pockets. Her shoes are black, lace-up knee-high combat boots with metal buckles adorning them. She wears these boots with thigh-high sheer black stockings with rips. On her hands are black leather fingerless gloves, and on her head is a black newsboy hat with a dark silver skull print. She also wears a thick, heavy, gunmetal chain around her neck. When it gets colder, she tends to wear a black leather biker jacket with spikes and chains over her outfit.

Personality: Alena, despite her background, does not act in the typical way a girl of such lineage would act...in fact, she spits on the faces of propriety and etiquette and challenges anyone who tries to impose on her. Brash, crude, foul-mouthed and headstrong with a dark sense of humor, propriety and decorum are the last things on her mind, preferring to present herself as she is instead of putting on an act to please someone. An independent rebel with a particularly tough, stubborn mind, she values thinking for herself a lot, preferring not to be bogged down by the weight of expectations, behavioral norms, or "what ought to be". One could consider her impulsive because of this, and she is indeed. She's far from feminine, rather, she's very much a tomboy, with a rough manner of speech, a tendency to use profanity, and dangerous interests - extreme battling, drinking at seedy pubs, betting, skateboarding, mechanical work, pool, fighting, heavy metal music (among other dark genres) and cigarette smoking, among other things. Being so casual and sharp-tongued, she also comes off as blunt and classless, as she says what's on her mind and doesn't bother mincing her words. Far from demure, she can be very flirty when she wants to be (and towards almost anyone at that)…though she is also very skillful at shutting people out if she doesn't like them (and if she doesn't like them, she doesn't like them, goddamnit). She isn't shy about her wild tendencies, and is an instigator who always makes the first move in everything she does. However, she has more than a few problems with actual romance, due to her experiences with some men. Being so pessimistic about long-term relationships, and is no stranger to being taken advantage of in her youth (twice in fact), she wants to prevent herself from disappointment and heartbreak as much as possible and thus, tends to push away anyone whom she thinks might try to get serious with her, knowing that they most likely have something to gain from her somewhere down the line, and she would much rather be alone or cheat than to be the victim in the end. She doesn't want to be used or be anyone's pawn, and can come across as someone who doesn't like commitment because of this. She really does want someone to love her for the person she is, but thinks that someone like that is difficult to come across, and owing to her previous failures of judgment, she thinks she now knows better and learned to ignore and push away any feelings she feels might become too intimate.

Alena is also rather foul-tempered; while she's a joy (if rather rough and crude) to be around when she's in a good mood, when she's in one of her darker moods, she's a lot scarier, as she would actually turn to violence with little provocation, especially when she loses a game/bet (she's an arrogant winner and a sore loser), or when her pride is threatened - yes, one thing she retains from her aristocratic upbringing is that telltale pride of hers, especially when it comes to feats of daring and winning, be it in Pokemon battles or other things. This pride might make her have issues with authority, turn to less-than-civilized means and pick fights (usually of the physical sort...she values toughness over diplomacy) in order to prove her point, but the same pride also makes her one who never gives up on whatever she sets her mind into - she's pigheaded and tough that way, yet because of this, is unforgiving, vengeful and also holds grudges for long periods of time. She's also one who jumps into things (especially danger) before thinking…fear is something she doesn't want to hold her back, and she's always up for any risk or dangerous game. Of course, this lands her into trouble more often than not, and while most think that she might be more trouble than she's worth, she actually prefers to take care her own issues and problems by herself, not wanting anyone to take responsibility for her - she's a tough woman after all, not a helpless little girl.

Many may get the impression that Alena is standoffish at first, but she's actually friendlier than most think (she does prefer to be alone than be with overbearing people though), unless someone breaks her trust or tries to judge her superficially without knowing her. Then, yes, of course she would shut out said person and make life hell for them...she's the unforgiving sort and is one to hold grudges after all. She might be beautiful, but she's also very strong, having taken cage-fighting lessons for some time…if she threatens to break your bones, chances are, she'd actually do it (and by herself, not with a Pokemon) and make you really regret pissing her off. If she likes you, though? She'd be the best friend you'll ever have…she'll stand by your side, look out for you, and go through fires and storms for you. She also won't hesitate to show a more caring and compassionate side, as long as she likes you…though she isn't the most gentle when going about it. She's very brave, and sometimes, her fearlessness even skirts the line into being foolish. She prefers taking the risk and being foolish, however, than to sit around and discuss yet doing nothing. For her, nothing is accomplished unless people take action and move. She isn't stupid, however, and is street-smart from spending her free time in less-than-safe establishments. Aside from being skilled with her hands, she is also an objective, analytic thinker, who knows how to keep any kinds of feelings from influencing her decisions whenever it comes to more logical matters, though she's so bullheaded that she finds it difficult to accept points of views that she thinks are too influenced by gut feelings and are "heart-based". Though she is determined and brave, she is also pragmatic and cynical rather than idealistic and positive, not being one who has high morals in terms of the way she prefers to go about things, or one to immediately believe whatever she hears, especially if it seems too good to be true. She's rather good with languages, having encountered quite a number of them at pubs, and is good at thinking on her feet, even in high-stress situations…she can stay clear-headed enough to act, when others would be less likely to. On the other hand, she's not one who creates elaborate plans ahead of time, which means she often chooses to improvise her way through things, using her practical intelligence.

History: Born to Snowpoint City's wealthiest and most prominent family, Alena's birth and early years were surrounded by intrigue, tabloids and rumors, all because she just happened to go missing. Valentin Igorevich Volkov, her father and the heir to the family fortune, was the scholarly type...but also a known romantic who enjoyed beautiful women, one of his affairs involving the icy Khioniya Lebedeva. He fell for her hard and loved her, yet she quickly grew bored of him as her initial passion waned and her pregnancy advanced. She refused to have anything to do with "Volkov scum" and ran off with the infant Alena to a faraway region shortly after giving birth to her, and for five years, she succeeded in hiding the girl. Now, she knew she should've loved her daughter, but she just couldn't bring herself to, not when Alena's fair hair and haunting eyes looked too much like Valentin's. It didn't help matters that the girl was a rambunctious, stubborn toddler who refused to sit still, didn't enjoy staying indoors and generally was the furthest thing from the "pretty doll" that her mother wanted her to be. Yet, the other part of Khioniya did not want Valentin to have Alena. Thus she treated the girl with an odd mix of contempt, disdain and overprotectiveness, insisting that Alena always stay indoors for "her own safety", discouraged her from playing and exploring (going so far as to punish Alena), and never failing to point out how "strange" her looks were. She was going to do whatever it took, and she was confident that with time, the world was going to forget about the missing "Princess of Snowpoint", and that her daughter was going to become more pliable. Little did she know that nothing escaped a Volkov, especially a very determined one.

News on the missing child spread throughout Sinnoh, as well as in other regions, mostly due to Valentin's own efforts (which surprised many - most thought that he probably wouldn't have cared). Igor, the family patriarch, at first didn't understand his oldest son's actions. Why did he care so much about a bastard daughter from the wretched woman when he could just find someone better, marry her and you know, have a legitimate heir? Valentin was adamant in his love and determination, however, which impressed Igor enough to relent and tell his son to do all he could to find the girl, so that she could be properly legitimized and raised as one of them. What Valentin thought was supposed to be a simple search was a lot harder than he expected however (thanks to Khioniya's ties and contacts making things difficult for him), and it took him five years to find her and bring her back. When he did, however, Khioniya cursed him and killed herself.

Alena thus, grew up in wealth and luxury. Valentin doted on her and encouraged her to be herself, a far cry from Khioniya's coldness and distance. Her personality and antics gave Igor a lot of headaches, however, as he believed that she be raised to become a proper, refined lady, worthy of the Shiny Swablu he had already handpicked for her (you see, the Volkov family trained draconic Pokemon since their line began, and women of the family traditionally trained particular species)...but Alena was anything but. She was difficult from the get-go, preferring rough-and-tumble play, fighting and getting herself dirty over learning decorum, as compared to her female cousins (and even her male cousins), who were a lot more dignified and refined. Not to mention, she showed a lot more interest towards her father's Sceptile and her grandfather's Salamence over her female relatives' Altaria, Dragonite and Flygon, among other elegant species. She did humour her female relatives from time to time, however, though they did seem to be particularly entertained by fixing Alena's hair into various, elaborate, girly hairstyles and dying it in various colors, most notoriously shades of purple, as well as silvery-white…much to her suffering (she drew the line at hairdos...she did not like playing tea and preferred decapitating dolls over having them "play nice"). She did get her way at times though, and usually took pleasure in showing her relatives up in the rougher games she played and usually won (though some of her more spiteful male cousins always lied that they went easy, if only to save their faces). This often made Igor scold her and lecturing her, wondering whether she was ever going to grow up to become a proper Volkov lady (never, of course). Her father did admire her strong will and guts, however, knowing that she wasn't one who was going to be easy to take advantage of. He took her side, and often reminded Igor that better one who is strong and stubborn, like a diamond, rather than one who is easily manipulated.

Naturally, this rough behavior extended to when she was in school. This made her unpopular among most of the girls, but surprisingly well-liked among the boys and a few girls, who found her refreshing. It was also in school where she displayed a talent for battling, something that she prided herself in; becoming quite a known arrogant winner and sore loser from an early age, picking fistfights after losing the rare practice battle (she never enjoyed facing Fairy-types) and never hesitating to bully anyone she thought needed some "toughening up". This usually landed her in trouble with the teachers, and Valentin eventually decided to transfer her to a prestigious battle academy in Castelia City that he claimed was "a better fit for her talents". Before that, however, she needed to have her own Pokemon first, and Igor decided that it was high time that he introduced the eleven-year-old girl to the sweet little golden Swablu that he had been saving.

Turns out, Alena was not amused at her grandfather's decision. Who was he to dictate the Pokemon she should train and, by extension, the way she battled? Not about to make some old fuddy-duddy take over her life, she confided with one of her school friends, who decided to help her by taking her on a bike trip to Eterna City. Alena, who wasn't exactly the most attentive student (she isn't much of an academic), wondered what exactly he had to show her. He merely smiled and brought her to Wayward Cave under the Cycling Road. She then understood when she saw that the cave was populated by Gible, a Pokemon that she enjoyed using in her trial battles at the academy. Almost immediately, a tiny yet scrappy runt stood out to her; he was facing off against a much larger Gible yet showed no signs of letting up. Impressed, she caught the runt and decided that he was to be her partner, her grandfather's plans for her be damned. She had a sweeter, prettier relative who was probably dying to have the golden Swablu anyway.

Prestigious though the new battle academy was, it did nothing to change the girl's nature. Save for her pride, Alena never gained the manners and bearing expected of her...partly because of her own unwillingness and partly because of the circle of friends she fell in with. You see, Igor failed to check which academy Valentin chose...he wasn't getting any younger after all. Valentin was more understanding of his daughter, and chose not to send her to the well-known, expensive all-girls battle academy in Kalos, knowing that it was not the place to send a teenage girl (he has a younger sister who graduated from there, and let's just say she turned out incredibly judgmental, snooty and while competent, was prone to taking pauses in battle for the oddest reasons). Alena was one of the least-behaved students at her new school, and she quickly gained a bad reputation...but she was surprisingly not an outcast. She gained a small circle of male friends whom she usually joined in training her Pokemon, pulling off dares and going to dangerous establishments in the evenings for some fun. It was also there where she discovered her affinity for dark off-mainstream subcultures that deviated from the norm, and quite by accident, really. The teenager just fiddled with the radio in one of her friends' car, and stumbled upon a station that happened to play heavy metal music. She fell in love immediately. As time passed, she fell deeper within the edgy subcultures that deviated from the trend-crazed norm and the freedom having real friends brought. For the first time, she saw the world and experienced it. Be it real pub culture, real music, placing bets and learning the ins and outs of vehicles thanks to her friends, Alena started knowing things she wouldn't have known had she not been allowed to leave home, and she loved the excitement, the daring and how different things were when the weekends and school holidays came. She also improved tremendously as a battler, becoming known for her relentless, offensive battle style and her ability to think quickly on her feet. Gavriil - her Gible - was also similarly tough despite his size, his ragged fin speaking of his prowess. She actually became one of the top battlers, and was a good student all-around, though with a notorious reputation for being an arrogant winner and a bully towards those with more healing-oriented styles (she has a "no guts, no glory" approach to battle), as well as those who regularly lose (she believes in being blunt to make them "toughen up"), yet she wasn't bothered so much by it. After all, she was a Volkov and she kept her grades within a good range, and those were reason enough as to why she wasn't expelled. It was also in the battle academy, when she was sixteen, where she got into an actual relationship with one of her instructors, a handsome Ice-type specialist in his mid-twenties named Nicholas Frost. She initiated by flirting with him, and managed to intrigue him enough. She stayed in the relationship until she was on the brink of graduation a year later, and wouldn't have broken up had she not found out that he had a wife and had been using her for her family name. Angered, heartbroken and determined never to let anyone take advantage of her ever again, she immediately broke things off and broke his jaw, her grade be damned.

She graduated anyway, got her Trainer's License and, wanting a taste of real adventure, she then rewarded herself by extending her stay in Unova for a nice vacation, doing whatever she wanted, which often happened to be in the most questionable parts of many cities. The day before she was supposed to leave, however, which happened to be two weeks before her eighteenth birthday, she had a strange dream involving two voices she couldn't place her finger on. The voices called her Dialga, whom she knew was the Deity of Time. She didn't know why the hell they would be calling her that. As far as she knew, she was a girl, a girl with features that looked nothing like the aforementioned deity. Not only did they call her Dialga, but they also kept going on about what sounded like some sort of prophecy; and requesting her presence in a location she, with all her knowledge from back alleys and seedy establishments, wasn't familiar with. What the hell was a "Hall of Legends" anyway? Perhaps it was just one of those dreams brought about a particular type of liquor. When she woke from the dream, she felt strange, but then she looked down at herself and saw her human body. Heh, so much for prophecy, she thought. She wasn't about to fall for a dream. A different voice in her room shut her up, however - that of Gavriil. Her eyes widened and she tried to remember if she had taken any odd drugs the night before...but no, the Gible was actually speaking. Gavriil told the silver-haired girl that he was a Messenger of the Legends and that upon turning eighteen her presence was required in the "Hall of Legends". Now, Alena was excited about the possibility of a real adventure to a place that nobody probably heard of, but on the other hand, how much of what she was hearing was actually real? Wanting to make sure that she was perfectly sane, she waited for evening to come before speaking with Gavriil once more, asking him what exactly was the Hall of Legends and where it was. Gavriil replied once more, stating that he didn't know, but that the answer would reveal itself when the time came.

Now, Alena waits impatiently for her eighteenth birthday, wanting to know more about her dream and why she was linked to Dialga, of all the legends. Ever since having the dream, she's since noticed that people now found her a lot scarier and more intimidating than normal, to the point that she could pressure people into accepting outrageous dares...and she's pretty sure that it has absolutely nothing to do with her looks.

Partner

gible.gif

Name: Gavriil

Species: Gible

Appearance: His fin is a lot more ragged and tattered than most male Gible, due to his tendency to pick fights. He's also tiny, only being a bit over 1'00" when normal Gible are 2'04". His fin also bears a line of silver stud piercings.

Personality: Gavriil is tough and brave despite his small size, never letting it become something to worry about in battle...in fact, he actually seeks fights actively. Incredibly stubborn as well, he would prefer to go down fighting rather than give in. He overcompensates in many other aspects, be it in eating or using moves (the bigger and more violent, the better for him). In fact, one can easily say that he has some sort of Napoleon complex, from the way he acts.

Last edited:

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Here's my finished work. Tell me if anything needs fixes

Name: Adrien Delano
Hometown: Geosenge Town

Type: Dark
Legendary: Yvetal
Powers: Dark Pulse: Adrien sends out a small wave of Dark energy, it is small and weak, unless he is able to focus on it

Thief: Adrien performs a small hit against an opponent, while simultaneous grabbing an item the other person has on them, even if he cannot reach it, or doesn't know where it is. He does have to know they have it.

Sucker Punch: Adrien allows himself to become a shadow, bypassing an opponents attack to strike first

Air Slash: Adrien creates a compressed blade of wind to attack an opponent

Appearance: Adrien is a rather small kid, standing only at 5'5. He's quite skinny, and tends to blend into a crowd. He has a smooth, childlike face, which makes people think he's a few years younger than he actually is, which frustrates him. Adrien has dark brown eyes, so dark they are almost black, and his eyes show a sense of isolation and mystery. His hair is dark and fairly short, though it tends to spike out messily whenever he doesn't take care of it, which is often. Adrien's complexion is rather pale, due to his preference for staying indoors or going out at night, and normally his skin tone is a bit healthier.

Adrien tends to wear very similar outfits day to day. He prefers dark, solid color t-shirts, generally black or gray, and black running shorts. He prefers these because they don't interfere with his movement, which helps in his photography hobby. He also prefers black sneakers, as well as a dark purple windbreaker he's had for a few years. Adrien has a small pair of black fingerless gloves he uses when climbing or searching for a good photo spot. He keeps a fairly advanced camera on a camera strap wrapped around his neck. The camera strap has a few containers tapped to it, which keep storage cards, spare equipment, and a few small replacement parts. Adrien also has a pair of headphones, he wears them generally on his ear, but will put them around his neck if he has to pay attention. It is connected to a music player, which holds a surprising variety of music. From Rock, to Pop, To Soundtracks, to Electronic

Adrien tends to hold himself in a disarming manner, making himself seem small and unthreatening. He slouches in his seat, tends to hold himself, and generally appears timid or shy, though he prefers to just be alone

Personality: At first glance, Adrien seems like the kind of kid who doesn't really care about much. He doesn't really have too many friends, only really a few, and he isn't super close to any of them. Adrien prefers to keep up a cold face in public, occasionally slinging a snarky retort if people try to force him to interact with them. He can appear abrasive, or even an ***, but really he just doesn't like opening up. People who can put up with Adrien tend to be fairly rare, but Adrien cares deeply about them, because they bother to see past the persona he puts up. Still, even to his friends Adrien can appear mysterious. He talks little when not provoked, and needs to be prodded to really open up. He tends to make person decisions on a whim, and not explain his reasoning, which can make others question his sudden changes of heart.

Adrien loves his camera, and loves to take pictures of basically anything, though more quiet areas are his favorite. He especially prefers night time and low light pictures, though he isn't adverse to more colorful photos. Adrien can be mysterious when he pulls out the camera, as he never really explains why he is snapping photos, and doesn't really bother to explain it when pressed. Adrien has actually sent in a few photos to small magazines over the years, using a fake name. Some of these pictures have actually been used, and seeing his work in magazines makes him happy, not that most could tell.

Adrien tends to live for the future, and sees his photography as the goal. He wants to find a job working as a photographer for a major company, traveling the land and searching for new sites to take photos of. He likes to take photos of memories, but prefers looking forward to new photos more so than that.

In a team role, Adrien would take the spot as the number 2. He lacks the charisma to be a confident leader, and he's not the greatest at coming up with plans, but he's good at poking holes, finding logical contradictions, and basically providing a devil's advocate. Adrien is detail focused, and may miss the big picture on occasion. He isn't afraid to say what needs to be said, even if the person doesn't want to hear it. However, you'd have to work hard to get past his loner shell. He prefers to work by himself, which came from his photography work, as too many people can easily ruin his concentration or mess up his shots.

History: Adrien was born as the only son of a working couple in Geosenge Town in the Kalos Region. Both of his parents had to work long hours, his mother, Laura, was a researcher at Kalos' Tower of Mastery in Shalour City, while his father, Gabriel, was a geologist in Cyllage City. Both his parents were busy, but split time the best they could. Even though they tried their best, Adrien still had to spend time either alone or with a babysitter. His parents were worried he spent too much time alone, and decided they would get him a Pokemon to keep him company if one of them had to work late. Adrien's parents took him to a Pokemon Breeder in Shalour City, where Adrien felt an instant need to have a Deino. One of the Deino's called out to him, and he had to have that one. His parents allowed it, and he named him Ken

Still, Adrien wasn't supposed to leave the house when he was alone, and Adrien grew to prefer solitude. He would listen to music, do schoolwork, with just himself and Ken. It was during this time that Adrien discovered an old camera, and started to take pictures of household objects and outside the window at interesting angles and under cool lighting. He especially liked taking pictures of during the night, because the darkness made things feel more interesting. His parents would eventually discover his new hobby, and began encouraging it, buying him a new camera and encouraging him to enter his photos in competitions.

As Adrien began to grow older, he began getting more freedom. He would travel between Cyllage City and Shalour City to find interesting shots. However, he never really interacted with any of the fellow children around, as Geosenge was a small town, and most of the children already formed friend groups by the time Adrien was allowed to roam free, and Adrien's off putting personality, general mysteriousness, and loner nature made him a bit of an outcast. If not for Ken, Adrien would have spent his days alone, listening to his music and taking photos. Adrien was able to make a few friends, though they were not exactly the closest of friends. Adrien still preferred to go his own way and do his own thing, but he was happy with what he had. In addition, his parents were finally ready to let him travel Kalos to obtain more photos and expand his portfolio

However, about two weeks before he was set to turn 18, Adrien had a dream. He felt lost in a dark haze, and heard two voices talking in low tones. While they were hard to understand, Adrien knew they kept calling him by a name he'd never heard before, Yveltal. He also heard the voices asking him to find a specific place on his eighteenth birthday. He was massively confused, and woke up feeling changed somehow. His confusion only increased when he realized that Ken, his Deino, had somehow began speaking to him, and he could understand it. Ken told him he was actually a Messenger of the Legends, and that when he turned 18, his presence would be requested at the Hall of Legends. However, Ken didn't actually know where it was, and only told him he'd learn when he needed to know.

So know, Adrien waits to see what this ominous message would mean for him and Ken, and what exactly Yveltal meant. For now, he explores the strange powers that he is now capable of using.
~

Partner

Name: Ken
Species: Deino

Appearance: Regular Deino

Personality: Ken is what Adrien is not. He's cheerful, perky, and enjoys the sun and time with friends. He forces Adrien to try and get out more, and is probably the only reason Adrien has friends at all. He's dedicated to Adrien, because he knows that as a child of Darkness, Adrien needs as much help and support as possible, and he wants to give it to him. He has a fondness for sweets, and hates bitter foods