• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legendary Beasts (how to get em)

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Ive read on multiple wiki answers etc but it just seems impossible for me. Ive done the tricks etc for more than an hour by now but i still wont find it (suicune LG and Entei FR) Someone mentioned Tanoby Ruins etc, its all confusing! So, how/what is required to find them. Oh yeah, i havnt seen them obviously cause ill use my masterball...

Dangertrout

I've never really hunted them, I've always just ran into them randomly. Are you sure you met all the requirements to release them in the first place? If so, then the only thing I can suggest is walking through the various routes with repel on until you find them.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Are you sure you met all the requirements to release them in the first place?

Lol thats what i wanted to know :p
What are the requirements??

Beat the elite four
Obtain national dex
Complete the Ruby and Sapphire quest
Solve the puzzle in Tanoby Ruins

Ive done that because people told me but i still havent seen it

Dangertrout

heh, oops. Well having just read up on it again, I'm pretty sure the only requirement was to beat the elite four, so you must be unlucky. buy some super repel and walk through the grass in various zones with a level 40ish pokemon in front of your party (i'm pretty sure they dont appear in caves or on water)
with repel, you should see the legendary within a couple minutes if he's in the area.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
If you've done all the requirements then they probably are roaming around the place. I found entei randomly as it doesn't appear on the map as far as I know. It may appear after you see it and if you catch it immediately (like I did) then it won't appear anymore (as in the box or party). But do try to wander around the grassy areas or look online for the places where it will turn up and go to those places. I think that flying to places makes it move so you would have to walk to each location.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I usually search for the legendaries in the grass right above Vermillion City (just because it's my favourite spot to look for them). I just put a Pokemon that's level 50 or somewhere in the 40s in the front spot of my party, use a Repel, then search in the grass. If I don't find Raikou/Suicune/Entei, I go back to Vermillion, then go back up to the route above the city and try again (because the beasts change route every time you go to a new location I believe).

Just keep looking.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
If you've hit the requirements, then whoever is your starter depends on what Pokémon you'll run into.

Bulbasaur - Entei
Charmander - Suicune
Squirtle - Raikou

They'll appear at random. I ran into Entei the first time on water by luck. Once you find the Legendary, either go ahead and have them appear at random over the course of the game, or go back and forth between a route and city. It's tedious, but it works.

I catched Suicune on route 6 after using 11 Max Repels. You just have to be patient, u'll find him after a while.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Anyone have any suggestions for chasing the Legendaries? I've encountered Entei but every time I look its location up in the Pokédex it's somewhere else by the time I get to where it was...

JoeyGhost

The Soul Collector
OR you could go buy Pokemon Colosseum and Ruby or Sapphire, so you can get Shadow Suicune, Entei, and Raikou with the masterball glitch in that game then transfer them to Leafgreen or Firered. Problem solved! :D

Guilty

I remember the first time I randomly came across Enteii I was so shocked, it was such a downer when he got away too easily, never to be encountered again.

Seth pkmn

You can catch the legendary dogs with out an event?
Lean something new everyday.

Serebii!

It is very difficult to hunt them using the Pokedex, it's much easier to randomly find it use the Masterball or use a Pokemon that can stop it from fleeing

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Just use plenty of max repels and walk around, and hope that you see a legendary beast.

M4zz

Banned
Alright, since no one's directly answered the main question, or has only briefly explained how, I'll step up and do so.

Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are found roaming the mainland of Kanto upon beating the Elite four and obtaining the national dex. They do not walk on water. Not even Suicune. They will not be found in the Safari Zone either. This limits you to roughly 15 places the beasts can be found at any given time. The best way to do so, as mentioned a few times, is to take a Pokemon roughly level 45 in level, and abuse Max Repel until it is found. Do not spend very long on a route. If the beast is supposed to be on that route, it will be found within the first three battles. Flying deters the beast, Suicune and Entei in your case, so limit your transportation to walking and biking. Flying farther away from the spot of the beats may "trick" it into moving towards you. Your Master Ball is the only guarantee when it comes to capturing it. If you cannot use the Master Ball for whatever reason, here are some tips on how to catch it:

- Sleep is your ally here. It won't prevent running, but it does make capture easier, and will linger after the beast flees
- Chipping away at the beast will allow you to steadily lower its health and bring it to the desired capture range
- The ability Arena Trap, carried by Diglet, Dugtrio, and Trapinch, will definitely assist the capture of the beast
- Each beast knows the move Roar, and if they use it, due to a glitch in every copy of FireRed and LeafGreen, known as the Roaming Roar Glitch, the beast will never be seen again. This means that the move Taunt will come in handy, preventing it from permanently fleeing

Finding Entei and Suicune, in your case, and to anyone searching for them, is stricly based upon luck. The "tricks" you've searched for on "sources" like WikiAnswers are fake, and do not actually work. That's just the luck of that one individual that caused events to transpire the way they did. Good luck and happy hunting.

Last edited:

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
It's all about luck here. Use repels and put a level 40-50 Pokemon in the lead and search in the route and hope for the best. You'll know it's them if the music is slightly different from the normal encounter music (it has a higher tone). Use your masterball on them when you see them or if not, good luck. Just track them down with your Pokedex after encountering them. Warning, if you picked Bulbasaur or Squirtle, Entei or Raikou appear respectively and they know roar and if they use it against you, say goodbye to them because they'll be gone. If you picked Charmander however, you don't have to worry about that since Suicune doesn't know roar.

Kall El

..Silence..
I believe it's kinda random.. Of course you need to beat the E4, obtain National dex and just in case complete the Sevii island Missions..
From there on it's just a matter of time, if you're luck then very soon if not then like me you probably haven't found it yet.
Although I haven't had too many attempts I shall try and get my Raikou soon :]