• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The legendary birds!

What's your favorite legendary bird pokémon on this article?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Zapdos. It can shut the other birds down, and also its a power house on Tail Wind team. Also I think Zapdos is the only real bird that could play competitively. In terms of looks still Zapdos. After Zapdos I would go Articuno then Moltres.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Articuno is my favorite by far it's just such a well designed pokemon...shame it's pretty much unusable.

On a side note I don't like Moltres in design or function...it either needs more feathers or more fire
(it's body reminds me of a plucked chicken).

Not bashing it just saying I don't like it and stating my reasons why :)

Ruas

Saw Articuno first (through those binoculars) & was amazed by it. But, Zapdos gets my vote for having cooler design & being usable.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I liked Zapdos the most because it had Drill Peck to cover the resistance grass has to electric moves. It also was faster than the other two and had access to Thunder Wave via TM. It was definitely one of the better Pokemon back then.

penguin100

Avid Pokemon Master
Ha the first time I found a bird was moltres in victory road when I was 5. I only had regular pokeballs, and 5 of them at that, then I used my level 79 charizard( being 5 I only used my favorite) to attack. I kept using flamethrower because it didn't look fiery to me. after that didn't work I just spammed it with the 5 pokeballs and none of them caught it because they all missed! I was so confused. I literally put my face up to the screen of my Gameboy Color and told Moltres" OKay, don't fly away please im gonna get more pokeballs". Much to my dismay, it flew away after I ran from it and I was so mad I didn't play for a week.

SheerMint

Moltres Worshipper
Moltres all the way for me. It's my all time favourite pokemon and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's so majestic looking. Have you seen how awesome it looks while using Fly in XD Gale of Darkness (can't remember if it looks like that in Colosseum as well)? Seriously people need to give this lovely flaming bird more credit.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I don't have a favourite one but if I had to choose the one that is the least appealing to me I'd have to say Moltres.

Otori

Articuno is beautiful! but I like Zapdos very much.

ItWasABadDream

✴️❎♊️
Articuno is definitely the most useful of the 3 in the 1st gen games. Sure Zapdos can be used against the first (ice) trainer of the Elite Four, but it will get crushed because it's also weak to ice types. Too difficult to keep Zapdos alive in that battle unless maybe it's a super high level. On the other hand, I've beaten Lance with an Articuno still at level 50. It's just so damn useful when battling Lance, even if some of his dragons know Thunder. Articuno can still kill them in one hit so it's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.