• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Legendary Starfy discussion

Kabuto

little punks!
NoA's finally bringing the cute little guy overseas. We can discuss the game here, and use spoiler tags if you've played the Japanese version.

The game is slated for June 8th

legend-of-starfy-taiketsu-20090226091452499_640w.jpg

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Wait..
You mean that they're making a Stafy game in America?
That's pretty dang awesome. I always thought that the Stafy franchise looked neat.

Kabuto

little punks!
Well they're localizing one, assuming that's what you meant. The fifth in the series.

Also, I should mention another game everyone must buy: Klonoa. I shouldve merged the two games into one thread, since they're both great platformers.

Thriller

Its almost time
When is this slated to come out?

I'm kinda looking forward to this, I love platformers like this. I hope it has some neat music, especially since it is supposed to take place under the sea.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I've played through all the previous games now, and I've enjoyed what was on offer. The series started off a little shaky, the first game being fairly underwhelming imo despite some genuinely charming characters, but over time it saw significant mprovement. I throroughly enjoyed the sequels, so I have little reason to doubt the quality of this title. I'm also looking forward to, y'know, actually being able to understand the bulk of the dialogue, since the game can be quiite text heavy at times.

So yeah. I'm quite looking forward to this one. If they never go back and translate the initial games, it'd be a shame. A lot of stuff went down in the trilogy, establishing all the characters, locales and an ongoing story that culminated in a surprising conclusion.

Last edited:

Zetta Awesome

I'm actually really looking forward to playing this, I've heard many good things about this series. Can anyone confirm this? I heard that this series is very similar to Kirby(I love Kirby games).

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
I might get this if it ever comes here. But what I REALLY would like is that they also bring the previous games too.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I've barely even heard about this series before this announcement was made. I'm still looking forward to this, though.

NPC

sleep researcher
I expect good things from Starfy. Can't say the same of the Door to Phantomille remake, though.

Cobalt_Latios

I read the preview article about this game, and so far the concept seems fairly entertaining.

However, I read that there is a playable female character who's name is Starly. Am I the only one who immediately made the connection and proceeded to lol?

*C_L*

Kabuto

little punks!
I expect good things from Starfy. Can't say the same of the Door to Phantomille remake, though.

Why not? Klonoa is a good game, even if it is a little easy and short, that comes in exchange with only a 30 dollar price tag (and it comes with a free taco at Wahoo's >_>....not joking)

NPC

sleep researcher
Cobalt_Latios said:
However, I read that there is a playable female character who's name is Starly. Am I the only one who immediately made the connection and proceeded to lol?

I'm pretty sure the character you're referring to is called Stapy in Japan. I guess they could have changed it to Starly in the NA release.

Kabuto said:
Why not? Klonoa is a good game, even if it is a little easy and short, that comes in exchange with only a 30 dollar price tag (and it comes with a free taco at Wahoo's >_>....not joking)

I played the original Door to Phantomille and it was meh. It's an alright platformer, but a remake with updated graphics isn't anything to make me excited.