• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The LEGO Movie

Greekboy

Finally! The blocks have hit the big screen! (Not counting the really small cameo in Toy Story 3 >.>)

I don't really know much of the plot so far, but apparently it's about a person mistaken as the "Master Builder" and he has to stop some evil guy from ending the world (I think?)

Here's the trailer for whoever hasn't basked in its greatness yet (I can't tell if it's stopmotion or animation, I REALLY hope it'd be stopmotion but at the same time I kind of doubt it):
[video=youtube;lPnY2NjSjrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnY2NjSjrg[/video]

PS: Yes, the guy with the beard IS in fact Morgan Freeman. Will Ferrell is Batman, too, which is cool too. :D

SmartD

I watched that trailer. Not sure what to make of it yet, though.

Greekboy

Yeah, I guess you're right. We haven't really gotten enough to know what it's about... But I'm pretty sure a lot of kids - as well as older LEGO fans - will love the movie even if it has a lame plotline. I think it'll be fine, though.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
A stop motion? Wasn't expecting this. The trailer made me giggle, it's made me curious but not interested.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Movie had Batman?

Already is the best movie of the year.

I knew this would happen one day!
Like already stated, Im not sure what to make of this yet. The humour seems slightly childish but that is all you can expect from what will surely be a family movie. I like it so far, with minifigures past and present showcased in the trailer.
All in all, I cant wait to this is released!

Jerre

Gogoat!
I watched the Trailer and it looks really well made. I'm looking forward to it!

I used to play alot with Legos in the 90's.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't know what to think of this. In all honesty, while the subtle look of stop-motion is awesome and that there will be shout-outs all over the place, it just freaks me out that the characters are LEGO pieces. Call me crazy, but just watching an animated clip of LEGO people moving and talking makes me squirm uncomfortably (fan-made videos on YouTube don't count). I saw a little bit of the TV show and it made me cringe. I'm fine with it as a video game, but when it's a full half-hour or now an hour-and-a-half of talking LEGOs (with the bald characters always having that protrusion, mind you), it scares me. If I can't sit through the BIONICLE movies, then chances are I will not be able to sit through a LEGO movie. I don't care how well-written the characters are, or how deep the story is, or how funny the jokes are, all I will think of is "OH GOD THEY'RE MADE OF LEGOS D8".

So... I'm going to pass up on this one. I don't know when it's coming out in 2014, but as there are a few animated movies coming out next year that I really want to see, I'm more likely to see those than this one on opening weekend. But who knows, my opinion might change in the next several months.

telivisionhead

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!! WOOOO!!!
Yeah The Adventures of Clutch Powers was cool and some of the ninjago movie/eps were okay but THIS is what I've been waiting for, for like EVER!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT (yes I love lego SOOOO much)