• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Light Fantastic! (187)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Light Fantastic!

When entering a Desert like place, Ash & Co. learn that Remoraid used to live here and that water was common there...but it just stopped coming. Ash & Co. Decide to help and try and get water back to the area. Can they do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I saw this epsiode a while ago on my holiday. Remoriad is so cute! Cute! And those colours were cool but that Artist was wierd but his Venasaur was cool!

8/10 a decent filler!

B

Blaziken master

It was weird that the venusaur could use solarbeam when the sun wasn't out.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Even though this episode was a bit boring, it was pretty funny. I wish they would have explained why Mr. Gangogh was holding the hamburger in his mouth in the flashbacks, but that was the only real flaw. I liked Jessie and James dressing Meowth as a mummy, them pouring water on his face, and Misty trying to capture a remoraid. I also liked the flashback to the ancient civilization and the message it gave about what not to do with the environment.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
well, I just watched this ep in Japanese, and I can confirm that Misty's comment about the 251 crayons being the same as the number of Pokemon was dub-only.

While the number 251 certainly seemed like it was an inside joke, I guess Kasumi didn't make mention of it in the original because the writers were now aware that, with the advent of Gold and Silver, the number of Pokemon could (and did) increase (plus, Kakureon's debut wasn't extremely far off from the time this episode aired). Thus, there's no longer any point in the characters making mention to some set amount of Pokemon in existance, like they did with "150" back in the day, and any such mentions would only turn out to be a major continuity error in the future (plus, people knowing the number of Pokemon in existance is also screwed up because several legendaries are barely known).

Alright, not too bad either, but some parts were pretty funny

Battra

A nice filler episode, Remoraid a nice and that ice tower that they maid was pretty interesting.

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Didn't you know about Gan Gogh? The one who had a Venusaur? He had 251 colors in all, which Misty thought all the colors are given to each of the Pokemon in the Johto Pokedex? In fact in the Johto Pokedex, it contains 251 Pokemon too.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I really liked this episode. I thought the Remoraid were really cool when they made the ice tower and filled up the lake and rivers again. I really wish Misty would have caught one though. I also liked the reference Misty about that there are 251 pokemon. I also wonder why Mr. Gan Gogh always had a hamburger when he was painting the lights.

You can tell they named Gan Gogh after the famous artist Van Googh. Maybe the reason why he had a hamburger in his mouth was because he was in his lunch break during the light shows up. This was a good filler. 7/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great filler.

I loved Remoraid, they were amazing.

And the lights in the sky were so beautiful

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It wasn't Filler in my opinion, since Remoraid debuted. Another desert in the anime? I find it hard to believe that Johto is a warm region like Hoenn :S

I liked that the area near the Pokemon Center had ruins dedicated to the Remoraid that lived there. What I liked best of all was that there was a lake under the Pokemon Center. Kind of like an aquifer.

The painter who had waited so long to see the rainbow of colors made by the Remoraid and their ice finally got the chance to paint the scene. It was beautiful. 8/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... Seeing Remoraid for the 1st time was very cool. The lights in the sky were very cool. It was cool seing Remoraid make the Ice Tower and refill the lake and rivers. Gan Gogh was a very odd character.

50/100