• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Light Fantastic! (187)

7threst

What a nice episode. The light in the sky was beautiful, and the Gan Gogh pun on Vincent van Gogh was good as well. Remoraid are cute and cool Pokemon. 9/10 for a fantastic Jotho filler. Gan Gogh's Venusaur was nice as well.

Only us Dutch people can know that Gan Gogh was originated from the Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh instantly. I actually enjoyed the introduction to Remoraid and the whole mystery behind that light in the air.

Blessed

A nice episode, the light in the sky was very beautiful. Misty & Brock's face's were hilarious when they thought Nurse Joy called Ash cute. It was interesting learning about the history of the Remoraid.

NPT

Just a member
This was an Okay episode. I liked the scene where Nurse Joy called Ash Pikachu cute, The looks on Brock and Misty's faces were priceless. Brock...as usual, was trying to impress Nurse Joy in this episode. Team Rocket were annoying as always.
It was interesting how the light of the remoraid lake looks like the Aurora produced by Deoxys.

When I thought it was Ash that Nurse Joy was calling cute, I actually thought "Um, he's only ten, you know!"
But she was calling Pikachu cute. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was always a fan of Remoraid, so I appreciated the episode even if it was a standard Johto filler. I liked how the artist man had colors for every Pokemon around back in Gen 2, and Meowth's mummy disguise made me cackle. I was happy that Misty at least tried to catch a Remoraid even if she failed, and the aurora at the end was pretty.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Gan Gogh owned 251 crayons since that was the number of pokemon up too this point. The Remoraid themselves didn't do much although the aurora at Remoraid Lake was so pretty at least. :3

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This episode marks a rare reference to mammalian Pokemon, specifically Pikachu, having fur like their real-life counterparts. In looking at Ash's Pikachu, Nurse Joy says, "but its fur is so dry I can tell its very thirsty"

JudySpell

Banned
Remoraid being found in a desert seemed very peculiar but what I mainly liked about this episode was the aurora colors. 6/10

As much as I liked seeing a desert location as well as Remoraid's debut, this episode didn't offer much although I liked the ice aurora.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked Jessie and James dressing up Meowth as a mummy lol, them pouring water on his face, and Misty trying to capture a Remoraid. I also liked the flashback to the ancient civilization and the message it gave about what not to do with the environment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Satoshi's friends were almost dehydrated reminded me of Jouto's first Hiwada Town episode, and Rogh's ambition of painting the landscape's mysterious aurora was enthralling. Poor Nyasu had to put up with being bandaged up like a mummy, but the wild Teppouo ice monolith scene was a sight to behold.

Vipsoccermaster

Good filler. As some said, few scenes were indeed funny. And good joke about 251 crayons, but that was only good at that time it aired. Now, it doesn't even make sense.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And good joke about 251 crayons, but that was only good at that time it aired. Now, it doesn't even make sense.

I liked that Rogh had a different crayon color for each species of Pokemon that had been introduced up to this point, although it makes me wonder how he could've had a Mewtwo-inspired crayon when no one had any memories of Mewtwo's existence.

Daizy

I call you honey
As an art student, I loved how art inspiration was the focus of the episode. My onlygripe with this episode was that Remoraid didn't fit the narrative that well.

I didn't really get this episode since it was a filler that had one of the most strangest messages for kids to understand. I mean why would a kid care about watching an episode about art inspiration? Even the inclusion of Remoraid didn't make the episode any more special since that little fish is one of the most boring generation two Pokemon in existence. This episode should've been better.