1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Light of Floccesy Ranch! (774)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Of course I'm kidding, stats simply don't carry over to the anime. And both big and small Pokes get "embarrassed" from time to time. I mean Oshawott and Snivy haven't gotten proper wins in a long time. The only little Pokes used in the Sinnoh league were from Ash's Sinnoh team(I don't count Quilava as little, mid isn't too shabby) and now the only old mon confirmed to return is Zard so they apparently aren't going to have Ash rely on past unevolved Pokes like ever except for Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the BF.

2. jrizza88

jrizza88 Meteorite

I have to agree with you. I expected Ash's pikachu to be stronger.

I still like the part when Pikachu got carried away and scared Axew, Dragonite, and Ampharos.

Snivy and Dragonite battling was great.

The sassy Mareep were cute.

Dragonite reminds me of an old grumpy man with the way it is always upset.

8/10

Snivy's last proper win was when she battled Mincino (or Chincinco??) Idk how you spell it, but she beat a pokemon that appeared to be pretty strong.

3. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Oh hey, they fixed the error with "within our nation". Nothing else of note. Ampharos was funny.

4. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

James still said "to unite "the" people" instead of all. But oh well, I can't nitpick when we got the original motto back.

A pretty regular episode, but I'm glad Team Rocket got the spotlight as the villains.

Dragonite coaching Ampharos to use ThunderPunch was pretty cool. He looked so rash as always.

The Mareep looked strange in this episode, and they also sound... souless in a way. It's been awhile since I saw a Mareep speak in the anime.

ASH how can you not know what a Mareep is? You've seen one already. I can forgive you for dexing it, but not knowing what it is? Really? That's no excuse for you. Even Cilan knew what it was. Dude. You're causing dead brain cells.

5. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

It was a good episode. It was nice of Dragonite to teach Thunderpunch to Ampharos.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Ampharos, stop pulling the Tsundere Mareep from its tail. It doesn't look very kid-friendly.

Funny to see Dragonite refusing to go look for the Mareep until Iris raised her voice. You're a big Barney to her, dude.

7. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

This was an ok episode. I found it oddly amusing how Dragonite tried to teach Ampharos Thunderpunch.

8. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

Dat camera angle...

Wow, no "Best wishes" to end the episode this time...

9. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

The facial expression of the Pokemon was awesome

10. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Lol, it would have been a funny gag to somehow fit it into every end to every dub episode episode. I could see the episode wrapping up and the narrator saying something like "as ash's journey contin-" gets cut off and cilan is like "waaaait! Beeeesssst wiiishes!"

11. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Fine episode. Slightly boring that nothing too special happened here, except for Dragonite teaching Ampharos how to use Thunder Punch.

12. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I liked this episode. I thought Ampharos was funny several times. It was nice of Dragonite to teach him Thunder Punch

13. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

I really liked Dragonite being a mentor this episode. It really showed that there is a soft centre within his hard exterior (with a little encouragement of course). It was sensible to use Ampharos and I liked it being used as its one of my favourite Pokémon and overall it was a good episode.

On to the next one!

14. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

Always great to see an ampharos, one of my favorites
    And loved how it had no confidence
    Dragonite was great too, nice to see him not as angry
    Loved pikachu and axew playing in mareep coat!

And we seen inside thew poke ball yet again

15. DMerle

DMerle Guess who's back

6.5/10, nothing special but it had a few cool scenes - Dragonite in the Pokéball, Snivy and Dragonite playing a part in the episode. Etc.

16. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You're welcome.

17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Why hasn't a parent complained about this yet?

Anyway, I like some "subtle" getting crap past the radar now and then.

18. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Why do we need pointless filler episodes like this in what's supposed to be Team Plasma & N's introductory into the anime series, this arc is already a limited number of episodes so shouldn't we be filling those episodes with stuff regrading TP & N instead boring stuff like this.

19. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Anime does this all the time. Isshin is fighting Aizen and at the last minute Kisuke arrives and boom we get a filler about the Bleach cast making a movie

20. SlimeStack

SlimeStack Well-Known Member

What I find annoying is that they're planning a filler arc right after this one. They could have just had one extra boring episode in the next arc and let this one flow better.

Though to be honest I don't mind fillers in between serious episodes, I just hate COTDs with boring problems who wait for Team Rocket to kidnap their Pokémon so they can revolve their problem in a half assed battle.