• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Light of Floccesy Ranch! (774)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Foggy Floccesy Ranch! Ampharos' Light!

Arriving in Floccesy Ranch, Ash & Co. learn of a girl who is looking after a ranch using her Ampharos to herd them. However, the Mareep have stopped listening to the Ampharos and its owner thinks they can solve this by teaching it Thunderpunch, which Iris helps with using Dragonite. However, the Mareep soon start disappearing from the area, causing the girl's grandfather to demand to replace Ampharos. Soon, though, Team Rocket appear with the Mareep...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Episode starts with Axew and Pikachu and running around. Long time since I thought of Axew as cute.

They come across a Mareep and Axew pops out of its fur and then Ash and co. come across their Pokemon and the Mareep.

An Ampharos walks towards them. It tries rubbing the Mareep's tail, but the Mareep electrocutes him/her.

They meet Ellie and get taken to her grandfathers ranch. Brief appearance from him so far.

Another Mareep electrocutes Ampharos again, or the same one.

First failed ThunderPunch attempt, before Iris sends Dragonite out to show Amphi the ropes.

Dragonite ThunderPunches a boulder and then Dragonite does it again. Still no progress.

Pikachu and Axew help out, but Pikachu accidentally lets out some thunder and frightens Axew and I think Ampharos.

Team Rocket lure a Mareep away and Ellie notices that one is missing. Ampharos is worried.

They go to find it and Dragonite thinks that he can rest, but then Iris calls him to help out again.

Oh, so that early scan from Episode N with Team Rocket in that Mecha thing was from this episode? At least we know where that's from now.

Dare Da? Ampharos.

A fog starts to roll in and they go back to the ranch building where they look at a map, or was that a flashback?

The Granddad is back. Dragonite listen on their conversation and seems interested.

Ampharo's tail light helps them through the fog.

Axew almost gets hit by the beam that brings in Mareep. So that explains the light that was "coming out of" Mareep.

Team Rocket fly away in their ballon and come across Ampharos trying to get some electriciy from 3 Mareep.

Woobat AND Amoonguss come out.

Snivy comes out and Dragonite uses Ice Beam to help out.

Dragonite protects Ampharos.

Ampharos ThunderPunches Woobat and Amoonguss and sends Team Rocket blasting off.

The Mareep now respect Ampharos.

They leave the ranch and that's it. I enjoyed the episode.

Last edited:

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Ampharos is trying to learn Thunderpunch. But just can't get it right.

Oh so Woobat is still around? OK then.

Yay! Ampharos used Thunderpunch successfully.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I have to say that Dragonite's facial expressions are great in this episode. Like when Pikachu got carried away and Iris scolding him to go fly and search for Mareep.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Please tell they're not using the same motto animation, AGAIN?

Predictable ending, Ampharos uses Thunderpunch, Team Rocket blasts off still boring as as ever. ugh.

Woobat and Amoongus. That's a new duo. Awesome! :D

Did anyone happen to hear the name Sakaki or Seger mentioned by any chance?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Meh, Kairyu appearing and teaching it Thunder Punch and Tsutarja were the only good parts of this episode for me.

Oh and Denryuu perfecting T-Punch and expelling TRio within 30 seconds. Not sure what to say about that.

Last edited:

santijuste

Meh, Kairyu appearing and teaching it Thunder Punch and Tsutarja were the only good parts of this episode for me.

Oh and Denryuu perfecting T-Punch and expelling TRio within 30 seconds. Not sure what to say about that.

That was unfair TRio managed to take over Dragonite and tsutaja easily and then Ampharos learns thunder punch and BOOM

Janovy

Banned
It's ridiculous how predictable this episode was. And why is it that Meowth is the only one showing traces of old Meowth? Why are Jessie and James being so cold and serious even when they're blasting off and chasing Pikachu? Why couldn't the writers come up with a more original plot than rehash the old Roggenrolla plot where they captured Roggenrolla and used their power? It is also very ridiculous that Ampharos had trouble at the start with the Thunderpunch but for some reason ended up using it perfectly against the bad guys. Words of encouragement? And why in the world are JJM stuck with the same motto animation? For crying out loud, it's the third time they have used it. And it's not even that good.

Ugh. I swear, Dragonite being awesome and Snivy having an appearance are the best things, no wait, the only decent things of this episode.

Everything else just sucks.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
TR being used as plot-devices for COTD problems, just like the good ol' days of DP. Typical, predictable formula. How lovely. >_>

santijuste

It's ridiculous how predictable this episode was. And why is it that Meowth is the only one showing traces of old Meowth? Why are Jessie and James being so cold and serious even when they're blasting off and chasing Pikachu? Why couldn't the writers come up with a more original plot than rehash the old Roggenrolla plot where they captured Roggenrolla and used their power? It is also very ridiculous that Ampharos had trouble at the start with the Thunderpunch but for some reason ended up using it perfectly against the bad guys. Words of encouragement? And why in the world are JJM stuck with the same motto animation? For crying out loud, it's the third time they have used it. And it's not even that good.

Ugh. I swear, Dragonite being awesome and Snivy having an appearance are the best things, no wait, the only decent things of this episode.

Its the Fourth time they use this animation

Seriously Animators?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Watched the pictures. I actually like the look of this episode.

I love the fact that this episode featured Mareep (but not Flaaffy, what a shame!) and I found Ampharos quite funny (even if I still wonder why the Mareep didn't respect him. Have they something against woolless sheep?). Also, Dragonite's expressions were priceless (especially when Iris asks him to search the Mareep by flying) and Snivy was a nice surprise. That episode actually made me like Dragonite more. Until now I was quite indifferent toward him, but this episode made me start liking him.

A Pokémon teaching another one how to do a move… we really need more of those episodes, IMO.

The episode may have been a fusion between the Roggenrola episode and the Audino one, but I really didn't mind. I have nothing against repeated plots, as long as the episode is entertaining.

What I didn't like about this ep is that Woobat didn't show any new move! I mean, really? Why can't they just give something like… Confusion, for example? It isn't even hard to animate.

I can't judge fully until I watch the episode, but I really like this filler.

EDIT: did they show the inside of a Pokeball, at the end of the episode?

[IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/774/DP352.jpg[/IMG139]

That's… interesting.

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Well, this episode is pretty good, its fun seeing the Pokemon playful and all!

Wow, they showed more interactions between Pikachu and Axew with the Mareep than I expected! Awe, Floccesy Ranch is filled with Mareep. Now, its snack time~! :p
Lol, Ampharos looks pretty useless, Dragonite doesn't want to bother helping out but feels bad anyway, so tries to teach Ampharos ThunderPunch.

Haha, Team Rocket's stalking Ash and Pikachu with binoculars. Lol, its like they're after Pikachu more than ever now and apparently Meowth wants to be a Mareep. XD

Oh wow, cool! Ampharos's tail glows to see through the fog. Yay, Pikachu didn't get caught by Team Rocket this time! Yay, go Snivy! I like Dragonite a little more for saving Ampharos and the others. Ampharos learnt ThunderPunch after Dragonite got hurt trying to protect it. I'm not sure if they ever showed a Pokemon react/listen inside a Pokeball. :O

Hmm... I guess this episode turned out cooler than I thought! Mainly those interactions with Pikachu playing around.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm dying to know this, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but..

Did Ash remember Woobat at all? I was really curious if he would, thanks.

Why are Team Rocket so much more obssesed with catching Pikachu? Did there boss tell them to just to get them off his back?

At least Meowth still has his personality, it seems they forgot how to write Jessie and James.

They seem to be trying to include Axew in a lot of scenes to make up for it not ever being able to battleXD

Over all, meh episode it seems.

Janovy

Banned
Why wouldn't he remember? I saw the episode but no one showed any particular reaction to their Pokémon.

Why are Team Rocket so much more obssesed with catching Pikachu? Did there boss tell them to just to get them off his back?
Because writers are trying to go back to old TRio but are incapable of doing so.

At least Meowth still has his personality, it seems they forgot how to write Jessie and James.
True, Meowth was himself. Jessie and James were boring, which is odd, because by chasing Pikachu by regular basis, they should have gone back to their old selves.

Meh is an exaggeration, sadly.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, Ash tends to forget Pokemon he sees at times, I wasn't sure if he'd remember as its been a while since hes seen it, thats nice to know.
I think these writers need to rewatch the older episodes a few times to remember what Jessie and James were like.

Nightstar1994

Seriously? They just wasted an Episode for this. I'd rather have Naruto Shippuuden special than the obvious same thing that the writers (and animators too) are doing now.

This series is called Episode N for the hell's sake! They waste it for such a worthless fillers, and also ruined TR in Best Wishes. I can't believe people preferred the old TR more than the serious one. Now see what you got. Pathetic fillers.

It seems like they don't even want to bother anymore, only search for a Random Pokemon, make episode centered around it, TR interrupts, Blast off, and end. I understand that this happened in Johto (because Pokemon was new back then, nobody cared so much about it like that), but now?

So far Best Wishes has accomplished ruining EVERYTHING the anime had to offer so far. Ash's Memories, Soundtarck (They're keep using the same 4 or 5 pieces EVERY SINGLE EPISODE) Rivals, League and now Evil Teams. What's next? Mewtwo's personality will turn around by 180 degrees? They better not ruin the movie, or else it will be very bad.

This sounded like a rant, but it's the honest truth. Even kids will get bored from episodes like this someday (Seeing as ratings go down already, so they have to bring back old Pokemon and characters to keep them)

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Predictable ending, Ampharos uses Thunderpunch, Team Rocket blasts off still boring as as ever. ugh.

That was the plot of the episode? So why is is learning that so why wouldn't it be predictable?

NO But i have seen the strangest blast off ever

Really? There have been some pretty unique blasts off.

Saying it's predictable is redundant since as I said, that was the plot.

Only Meowth? Jessie and James saving Giovanni at the end of Operation Tempest was like the old them to me, saving their boss because they care about him and that they aren't just heartless drones.

Maybe they wanted the Mareep to help power up Pikachu if they were to ever capture him, since they still want Pikachu.

It used it when it needed it, like adrenalin. You know, because if it didn't end up using it, the Mareep could have been stolen since Dragonite and Snivy didn't manage to send Woobat and Amoonguss flying. Plus Dragonite and Ellie did most of the work, it's not like there was no training until the point where it perfected it.

I liked that animation, but yeah, if they used it 3 times in a row, then I guess they should change it next time, for the sake of the people that want that.

I enjoyed that episode, it was the first episode in a while, filler or not, that I enjoyed it for what it was. Plus I liked the use of Pokemon that got to battle and I enjoyed the humour.

TR being used as plot-devices for COTD problems, just like the good ol' days of DP. Typical, predictable formula. How lovely. >_>

Hasn't that already happened in BW? I feel like it has. And as I said to Janoy
Plus Dragonite and Ellie did most of the work, it's not like there was no training until the point where it perfected it.

I'm dying to know this, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but..

They seem to be trying to include Axew in a lot of scenes to make up for it not ever being able to battleXD

So do Jessie and James. Just because Team Rocket are more serious, it doesn't mean they lack a personality and that they haven't been written well. It's called a change of direction.

Axew can battle, sorry about that.

Because writers are trying to go back to old TRio but are incapable of doing so.

True, Meowth was himself. Jessie and James were boring, which is odd, because by chasing Pikachu by regular basis, they should have gone back to their old selves.

Meh is an exaggeration, sadly.

What the? I'm sick of people saying this. The only way that they're going back is by using the Meowth Balloon again and that they are more interested in Pikachu. They're just mixing in that old bit with their serious nature and they were still catching Pokemon all throughout Best Wishes.

So that's why I am confused as to why people claim that they're going back to their old ways, or are at least trying to.

I'm pretty sure they tried to capture Pikachu once or twice before in Best Wishes, so that's no reason for them to go back to their old ways completely.

Well, meh is only his opinion, just like you might have your own opinion. Whether you hate it or not.

Well, Ash tends to forget Pokemon he sees at times, I wasn't sure if he'd remember as its been a while since hes seen it, thats nice to know.
I think these writers need to rewatch the older episodes a few times to remember what Jessie and James were like.

Uh what? They don't have to do anything because if they were trying to take them back to how they used to act, they would've done. Please people, stop stating that as true.

Seriously? They just wasted an Episode for this. I'd rather have Naruto Shippuuden special than the obvious same thing that the writers (and animators too) are doing now.

This series is called Episode N for the hell's sake! They waste it for such a worthless fillers, and also ruined TR in Best Wishes. I can't believe people preferred the old TR more than the serious one. Now see what you got. Pathetic fillers.

It seems like they don't even want to bother anymore, only search for a Random Pokemon, make episode centered around it, TR interrupts, Blast off, and end. I understand that this happened in Johto (because Pokemon was new back then, nobody cared so much about it like that), but now?

So far Best Wishes has accomplished ruining EVERYTHING the anime had to offer so far. Ash's Memories, Soundtarck (They're keep using the same 4 or 5 pieces EVERY SINGLE EPISODE) Rivals, League and now Evil Teams. What's next? Mewtwo's personality will turn around by 180 degrees? They better not ruin the movie, or else it will be very bad.

This sounded like a rant, but it's the honest truth. Even kids will get bored from episodes like this someday (Seeing as ratings go down already, so they have to bring back old Pokemon and characters to keep them)

Wasted? Not to me.

Yes, it is Episode N, but it doesn't mean that he should be centred around the entire arc.

Worthless? I liked it.

Team Rocket ruined? Do me a favour, look up the word fact and see how it is different from what you're saying.

Any proof to them trying to recreate the old Team Rocket? No? Okay, moving on.

Now it's a pathetic filler? Seriously, look that word up.

Yeah, same episodes, even though this plot has hardly been used in Best Wishes? Since the only one remotely similar to me is the Maractus episode.

Pokemon was new back them and nobody cared as much? Unless you watched the japanese anime when Johto was on at the time, then you can't really say that.

Best Wishes ruined anything? Stop talking like you speak for everyone.

There was a song used in that episode that I don't remember being used in a while, at least not in the last few episodes. That song Emotion, that used to be used every 3 or so episodes. How about now?

Honest truth? More like a whiny little Pokemon "fan" ranting over things he hates about the anime and treating them like everyone else agrees.

Kid bored about these episodes is not something I see happening. Someone checked recently and the ratings seem fine, well at least they seem to be in a average place when it comes to other shows.

Sheesh, I'm getting so sick to death of people shooting their mouthes off. Sure, you can have an opinion, but making it look like you're talking on behalf of everyone just seems rude and obnoxious to me.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, I like the look of it.

The plot of the episode itself was fine with me.

Getting to see a little more of Dragonite outside of battling was nice, I found it interesting throughout the episode, probably because it seemed so awkward for it to be out and helping like it did. Seeing the inside of the Pokeball was a surprise(I assume that was the inside of the Pokeball, what else could it have been).

Getting to see Woobat again was nice too for me. Changing it up this time with having Amoongus and Woobat instead of Woobat and Yamask or Amoongus and Frillish, was also nice to me.

I enjoyed the look from Team Rocket here, looks like they were a mix of comedic and seriousness here, Meowth looks like he's being used more for the comedic aspect which is fine by me since I always get a little chuckle whenever he dresses up anyways(Even in the trench coats).

Snivy appearing was a surprise to me, didn't battle for very long though.

Ash and the gang didn't really stand out to me, which is fine by me, they are in every episode, having some episodes where the Pokemon or other characters(Team Rocket) get a little more spotlight is nice to me.

I imagine I'll enjoy this episode a lot once I watch it. Team Rocket and Dragonite have the most interest for me from this episode.