• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Light of Floccesy Ranch! (774)

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Wow...an Ampharos trying to learn Thunderpunch...what an episode...

Haunter ゴースト

Besides Ampharos being the focus, and seeing the inside of a Pokeball (which is the first time since the Indigo League right?) this episode was fairly boring.

I knew it was a filler but nothing was that entertaining to me.

Team Rocket's blast off was horrendous and weird, hopefully they have a break for a few episodes because if i see them blast off like that on a frequent occasion i'm gonna wish they were back to how they have been the rest of BW.

Well that's probably because of the new announcement(http://www.serebiiforums.com/announcement.php?f=238). Without it, there would probably be more pages.

That's true or maybe because nothing that unpredictable happened. I mean other than perhaps Amoongus joining Woobat in battle and Snivy getting screen time, it didn't feel like much happened this episode which seems to be the response. But I don't think people really expected this episode to gain more talk than say the Colress one.

RVD_fan

I feel like I have every reason to hate this episode but somehow I don't. It was stupidly predictable and didn't really do anything for any character, but I thought it was a pleasant self-contained story.

XXD17

Draco rex
It was pretty good for a filler...there were a few funny scenes with ampharos flipping out and dragonite being dragonite...and SNIVY! But alas only for a few seconds....and dang! Another proper blast-off?! it's like they're trying to tell us something...when will TR start doing stupid stuff like they used to? Those were always fun -_-...

Rohanator

I can't believe Pikachu is stronger than an ampharos. The writers aren't even trying anymore when they destroy evolved pokemon's creibility.

1. it's Ash's goddamn Pikachu, an experienced battler vs an sheep herding Ampharos. I'd imagine people would be HAPPY that they showed Ash's Pokemon to be stronger.

2. Pikachu used Thunderbolt while Amphy just used Thundershock so there's that.

I liked the episode, nothing too exciting but entertaining nonetheless. Made me appreciate Dragonite more. Also we had some interesting looking animation in the end half when they fought TR. Lots of nice shading but an inordinary style, perhaps a new animator in the hoods?

1. it's Ash's goddamn Pikachu, an experienced battler vs an sheep herding Ampharos. I'd imagine people would be HAPPY that they showed Ash's Pokemon to be stronger.

After that Snivy battle at the beginning, this was a godsend. XD.

LizardonX

Banned

2. Pikachu used Thunderbolt while Amphy just used Thundershock so there's that.

I liked the episode, nothing too exciting but entertaining nonetheless. Made me appreciate Dragonite more. Also we had some interesting looking animation in the end half when they fought TR. Lots of nice shading but an inordinary style, perhaps a new animator in the hoods?

Well I wasn't. It's another cheap attempt to pander to little kids by fleecing an evolved pokemon to make pikachu look good.

So what? In the anime they are functionally the same.

I do not consider Pikachu experienced when it's so called experience led it to lose to a Magikarp, panpour, and fresh off the lab snivy.

gliscor&yanmega

By the looks of the scan TRio got easily defeated after Ampharos learned ThunderPunch. Does that mean that things will go like this from now on?

That happened after Team Rocket dealt with the others, it was hardly an easy defeat overall.

Rohanator

Nope, just one that's really great in general. He animated Cameron's gym battle episode with Marlon and Iris's battle episode with Drayden.

Ah, I see. I did think Ash actually looked similar to the Kotetsu episode here, the end of the fight just looked different than usual for me.

Well I wasn't. It's another cheap attempt to pander to little kids by fleecing an evolved pokemon to make pikachu look good.

So what? In the anime they are functionally the same.

I do not consider Pikachu experienced when it's so called experience led it to lose to a Magikarp, panpour, and fresh off the lab snivy.

They should make a main characters Pokemon look better more often imo.

And of course they function the same, but Thundershock is a weaker version. Like Skyla told Cilan when he Thundershocked Swanna, at least learn ThunderBOLT before coming onto MY Flying types lololol.

Pikachu hits harder than Ampharos in the games anyway, fact (I dare you to nitpick at the need of a Light Ball, they're never going to change a Pokemon's base stats, if they would they would just boost Pikachu instead of giving it an item lol). Pikachu with a Light Ball actually has a higher Attack stat than Groudon. w00p

By the looks of the scan TRio got easily defeated after Ampharos learned ThunderPunch. Does that mean that things will go like this from now on?

Like g&y said, they fought the main characters first. Also, there have been instances where they were beaten by the "Pokemon of the day" before in BW. Like the Zorua, Audino and Cottonee episodes. The only thing that's different is that they no longer get funded for jet packs apparently. :p

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
They should make a main characters Pokemon look better more often imo.

And of course they function the same, but Thundershock is a weaker version. Like Skyla told Cilan when he Thundershocked Swanna, at least learn ThunderBOLT before coming onto MY Flying types lololol.

Pikachu hits harder than Ampharos in the games anyway, fact.

Not when it's an unevolved toy seller.

Explain why then Pikachu doesn't have thunder. Game accuracy ratings mean nothing in the anime.

LOL 90 vs 115 sp.attack. AND YES GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS ASH'S PIKACHU DOES NOT HAVE A LIGHT BALL.

Rohanator

Not when it's an unevolved toy seller.

Explain why then Pikachu doesn't have thunder. Game accuracy ratings mean nothing in the anime.

LOL 90 vs 115 sp.attack. AND YES GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS ASH'S PIKACHU DOES NOT HAVE A LIGHT BALL.

Daaayumn all this hate for the little people. D : Isn't Charizard also a toy seller? Hell, everyone's a toy seller. I bought a Boldore figure purely because the anime made me LOVE it. And he did it with minimum screen time. Expert toy seller, right there.

And where'd you get 90 sp.A? Raichu? What's that boy have to do with anything? Hello?
Pikachu clearly has a Light Ball fused into his body. :]]] It some times malfunctions causing frustrating losses, mainly after periods of slacking off at Pallet town before a new journey.

LizardonX

Banned
Daaayumn all this hate for the little people. D : Isn't Charizard also a toy seller? Hell, everyone's a toy seller. I bought a Boldore figure purely because the anime made me LOVE it. And he did it with minimum screen time. Expert toy seller, right there.

And where'd you get 90 sp.A? Raichu? What's that boy have to do with anything? Hello?
Pikachu clearly has a Light Ball fused into his body. :]]] It some times malfunctions causing frustrating losses, mainly after periods of slacking off at Pallet town before a new journey.

If BOldore got the kind of exposure the real toy sellers do then I wouldn't be like this.
K I made a typo.

Pikachu does not have any items anywhere. I suppose next thing you want to say is snivy has an eviolite fused in her body?

Its simply not right how its always the big Pokemon who get embarrassed. I mean dragonite being worn out after being hit by an air cutter?