• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

- The Lighthouse [One Shot] -

LuciRuki

Born This Way
LuciRuki presents: The Lighthouse

Hi, it's me. After a long absence I am back with a smaller one shot piece. It is titled The Lighthouse, and hopefully I can get some feedback. I am an amateur writer so please take that into consideration. Thank you.

Rated PG-13

***If you can Rate it, You can Review it***

~O~o~O~o~O~

It has been over two years since the accident. I still remember it perfectly. It was more or less like a vivid dream, wandering in the back of my mind, waiting to be called upon, taunting and jeering whenever I try to think of something else. That is why I come to this lighthouse every day at exactly 6pm, about fifteen minutes before the exact time of the accident. I believe it has something to do with the waves, like it cleanses my soul every time it comes crashing on to the rocky cliff, leaving nothing and taking nothing. The lighthouse, in all its mighty is my little spot to be by myself, near the shore of the sea to think about me and my little boy. The sunset over the horizon is the time where I know my soul is the purest. It's like at that time when the sun goes down, nothing in this world exists and I am the only person living in this world. No one can bother me or insult me. It is my place for me, where a mother can relieve the pain that she has endured when she loses her only son.

When I was very young, I was told that I could never have children. Once again, I proved science wrong. I remember it well. I was sitting in the doctors office holding my mother's hand. The office was dull. It had white walls, with only posters of the human body to relieve the dullness. It had a doctor's bed, two chairs and a window. That day would have been the longest day of my life. I kept looking outside the window blankly. I saw a man running to his car get in, and pull out of the lot as quickly as he could. I'm sure what he would have had to face is nothing in comparison to what I was about to endure. You see, I had speculation that I might have been pregnant. Parties and drugs do not mix well, especially when you wake up to find your underwear lying on the floor next to you, with you having no memory of the last eight hours. I knew I should have listened to my mother when she said not to go to that party. She was the kind of lady that could sense trouble. I told her not to worry, and I wasn't going to drink any alcohol. I didn't. As lame as it sounds to say that I was drinking coca cola in a teenage party, my cup was drugged when I obviously wasn't watching it. My mother was up the whole night, wondering where I was not knowing that the whole time she was worrying, I was violently getting thrashed and raped unconsciously and not on my own free will.

Nine months later, I was in another dull white room. Except this time I was in incruciating pain, throwing up over my bed and crying as the lower half of my body felt like it was getting ripped apart. My mother was there again. She was holding bright blue balloons, that read "Welcome Henry!" She was dancing around, clearly excited for an arrival of her grandchild! Henry was going to be my baby's name, but it got changed to Adrian after my mother went to sleep for for her last time. She died of a heart attack that night. She never got to be that grandmother figure she always wanted to be for so many years, and for the first time in my life I had no one to go to for comfort. My dad ran out on me and my mother when I was seven, and I hadn't made any friends in this town. I graduated high school with only my mother to come and watch. She was my best friend. My mother's name was Adrianna.

Every day when I come to the lighthouse to visit purity I always ask myself, "Why am I still living?" And to tell you the truth, I don't have an answer. I work at a dollar store, making minimum pay. I rent an apartment on top of an Indian Cuisine restaurant. I wake up, go to work, visit the sea, come home then eat dinner from microwavable dishes. That is what my day consists of. Nobody calls me, visits me or talks to me. I truly am like an old lady living in a twenty-one year old body. My apartment has one television, and a sofa that folds out to a bed. I live in a bachelor pad. The tiny kitchen has one fridge that's empty and a stove that works whenever I don't feel like eating something home-made. To be honest, the only reason why I still live is because of that lighthouse.

It was about three and a half years ago when my mother and I were walking along the boardwalk for the first time. We both spotted the giant red and white lighthouse almost instantly. We quickened our pace to visit the beautiful monument. I almost stumbled a few times trying to keep up with my mother. When we were close enough to be able to physically touch it, I remember I probably had one of the best conversations of my whole life with my mother. We were standing together side by side, both leaning back against the cool pillar-esque object. It was refreshing with the summer sun's rays soaking us. That's when she asked me a question.

"You know how proud I am of you?" My mother looked over, with one eye squinting. The sun was shining against her face.

"Why?" It was a bit random, I might add. "Do I make you proud. And if I do, what did I do?"

My mother smiled and looked back at the sea. "You make me proud because you are who you are. I wouldn't change the way you are for any price in the world. You make me proud because you are a good kid, and I love you, and because chicks rule!" I laughed at the fact that she was acting like an eight year old kid.

"And boys drool, am I right or am I right?" I looked at my mother to see her laughing this time.

"No, boys drool only when they see anything that resembles boobs. Gosh, I would have thought you would know that. You are eighteen!" My mother leaned up and looked at me again. There was worry in her eyes. I could tell.

"I feel like something bad is going to happen to you, honnie. I'm scared. Did you get yourself in any trouble?" I looked back puzzled at her. I had no idea what she was talking about.

"No. I really don't think so," I replied worried.

I didn't know at the moment, but that feeling my mother had was the car crash. That trouble she was feeling was the stupid man who decided that five beers is enough to be behind the wheel, and still keep control of the car. He was drunk and he drove. He killed my son, and I can never let that down.

The night of the accident is so sharp in my memory, that I can describe it as sharp and fine as the tip of a needle. It was getting dark, about quarter after six in the evening and I was coming home one day from the babysitter's house. Adrian was in the backseat of the car playing, so innocent and gentle. I was crossing an intersection just about thirty seconds away from my apartment. I had a green light, and the man ran his red. The impact of the van damaged my car so bad, that the car was caved in on the side that Adrian was sitting. I was unconscious yet again, just like the party. I lost something both times I was not awake. First, my virginity and then my son. Except the first time led me to a beautiful baby boy. A beautiful baby boy that is now not here in my arms. He is not in his mother's arms. How wrong is that? He will never be visited by the tooth fairy, graduate, or have a family of his own. His prescious life taken away from him, and me. It sounds unbelievably selfish, but everyday I wish that the man who killed my son would suffer.

It would actually have been Adrian's third birthday today. I visited his tiny grave, with a tiny tombstone that was donated. I visit his grave on weekends. There are always fresh flowers beside him, and I buy a new toy for him every week. The reason why I visit the lighthouse more often is because the gravesite is just a gravesite. At the lighthouse, my little Adrian is part of the waves. I can feel him and my mother both by my side. They both are lost in the waves of the sea, with both of them crashing on the rocky cliffs. Both had their lives taken away from them too early. The lighthouse is a place for me to be by myself and think about them.

~O~o~O~o~O~

Thank you. Any reviews are welcome.

-LuciRuki-

Last edited: