• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The List of Best Animé Character Occupations

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The List of Best Animé Character Occupations

Title says it all. Discus animé characters who have awesome jobs or are awesome at the job they do.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Akio. Best job ever.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Coach Mountain, most. Brutal. Gym. Teacher. EVER!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Narue. being an Alien counts as a job (The World of Narue)
If that counts...being a sergeant of an army platoon, you get to live in a nice house and do whatever you want that doesn't annoy the people you're bunking with at the cost of doing the chores and being used for slapstick.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Vampire Hunter (Hellsing)

Soul Reaper (Bleach)

Magical Girl (Madoka Magika)

Shinigami (Black Butler)

Alchemist (Full Metal Alchemist)

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I'd say that being the God of Time and Space in The Future Diary is a pretty sweet gig for Deus ex Machina.

In Toaru Majutsu no Index/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Kuroko Shirai is a member of Judgment, which basically gives her the authority to use her teleportation powers to save people, sometimes by teleporting them to safety, and sometimes by being a teenage vigilante. Sounds pretty cool to me!

For people who are really good at their occupations, there's that Rental Shop guy in Nerima Daikon Brothers, who will lend you absolutely anything (except money) if you sing him a song.

There's also Hayate the Combat Butler, who somehow always manages to overcome terrible, terrible luck to do his duty to Nagi. A lesser butler would either be dead or driven to insanity by the sort of things he has to go through.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I don't even know where to begin...

Hey, I'd rather be a Madoka Magika girl than one of the generic "ooh look i'll purify this monster with some random cute object" magical girls. Summoning guns or blades is more my style. :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Akio. Best job ever.

Agreed.

But who comes to mind is Tenma from Monster. He is really, really awesome as a neurosurgeon and a doctor, despite giving up everything to go hunt down a mistake he made.