• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lonely Deino (717)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And? this was an episode for Iris the point of it being there is to let us know he is being trained...I actually wanted to see Iris pokemons here and we got two of Dent and two of Satoshi instead.
e
btw care to explain why you are so happy Deino didnt get caught?

I like seeing less type repeats on a main characters team. (You know who you are, Misty.)

Ash is already a lost cause, so I couldn't care less about him.

dman_dustin

I'm asking myself " was any of this necessary? "

No, but I guess it was to show that Iris would do anything for a DRAGON TYPE.

Yeah let's see her sit on her rear end, day in and day out for a Garbodor, or an ice type.

You have a point, this episode even though from what I can see was pretty nice, really was a colossal waste of time. But it just gave a bad vibe. Ash and Cilan apparently were ready to head on forward, but Iris stayed back, merely because it's a dragon type and she wanted to connect.

I know she wouldn't do this if it was a different type Pokemon. And if it was a capture episode, then it might've been worth it, but for whatever dumb reason, Iris didn't get Deino.

And NO Lollipiece, I don't give a crap if Deino shares a typing with Axew. Besides Misty is a BAD example, all she had was water typed Pokemon outside of two pure normal types (one gained the flying type through evolution).

Iris clearly has more variety than Misty does. Emolga and Excadrill speak for themselves.

Besides you can't be a dragon master with only one dragon type Pokemon. Just like you can't be a water Pokemon master with only one water (though I do blame the writers for giving Misty only water type Pokemon, one random type Pokemon (not normal) wouldn't have been too much to ask for).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And NO Lollipiece, I don't give a crap if Deino shares a typing with Axew. Besides Misty is a BAD example, all she had was water typed Pokemon outside of two pure normal types (one gained the flying type through evolution).

Iris clearly has more variety than Misty does. Emolga and Excadrill speak for themselves.

Besides you can't be a dragon master with only one dragon type Pokemon. Just like you can't be a water Pokemon master with only one water (though I do blame the writers for giving Misty only water type Pokemon, one random type Pokemon (not normal) wouldn't have been too much to ask for).

I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say.

Whatever, I never said it was a good reason.

I'm just glad that it wasn't caught.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'm disappointed Iris did not catch the Deino, but oh well. Maybe next time. At least we did get some Swadloon and Stunfisk.

What do you mean next time? They're surely not going to spend an episode where Iris tried to bond with a Deino and does in the end, but then she gets another one. If so, that is what is completely pointless, over this episode.

So, apparently Dwebble appeared as well, I think I said that I wouldn't mind seeing it in this episode or the next, so I'm glad it showed up as well.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What do you mean next time? They're surely not going to spend an episode where Iris tried to bond with a Deino and does in the end, but then she gets another one. If so, that is what is completely pointless, over this episode.

we've already got cybercubed no 2 and An00bis acting like it was a waste of time already --;

i bet you that when more people wake up and see this episode for what it was worth they'll change thier tune about things and still believe Iris can get Deino later.

Edit: what do you know, someone over at Bulbagarden already proved me right, by bringing up the gible incident.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Stop saying that.

But he's right; those three are completely irrelevant. *Spills that tea*

But yeah, it looks like Iris really didn't capture Deino even though many people thought she would for some reason; I'll never understand why so many people were dead-set on it happening, but I guess there's no point in wondering about that now. I didn't want Iris to capture Deino anyway since she should be focusing on training her Axew, and I'm really glad that this episode is finally behind us so that we can move on with our lives.

RandomOne

Randomization
JUST GIVE IRIS A F*CKING POKEMON ALREADY!
Deino is so good for her, eww :\

At least Swadloon battled...

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Huzzah!! People will complain 8D Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I can't wait :p

Anyways lets talk about what we learned from this episode.

We learned:

SWADLOON IS ALIVE!

Some great Iris backhistory!

Dento gets freaked out when other people sparkle!!

and...

Dento cannot do manual labor!

For this being an Iris episode we certainly learned a lot about Dento. :pP

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
But he's right; those three are completely irrelevant. *Spills that tea*

But yeah, it looks like Iris really didn't capture Deino even though many people thought she would for some reason; I'll never understand why so many people were dead-set on it happening, but I guess there's no point in wondering about that now. I didn't want Iris to capture Deino anyway since she should be focusing on training her Axew, and I'm really glad that this episode is finally behind us so that we can move on with our lives.

You guys tend to confuse stuff, there are people that wanted her to capture, I didn't see many people like "OMG she will capture it 100%".

You didn't Oo I remember you saying that you wanted her to capture it.

Oh and I say it again whoever said this episode is "useless" is just being dumb sorry, I don't have any other word to classify it, I'm not even trying to offend anyone...(infract if you will mods, even though I'm saying I'm not trying to offend anyone).

Lol poke maniac, Elice with her random stuff and you with your Dento stuff always crack me up :D.

P.S: Stop whining about her not capturing, she didn't move on, she still has more then half of the region to get it or a Druidigon or both even if she doesn't we got to know more stuff about her dream, its about understanding and dealing with dragons not just having them and training them, she kinda did what her elder did with the rampaging Druidigon, Deino was obviously not rampaging but he was shy and wasn't able to interact with others.

Last edited:

Victory

Banned
I'm glad Swadloon got screentime. This really foreshadows that he may be used in the gym, which could perhaps mean he may evolve. Soon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm glad Swadloon got screentime. This really foreshadows that he may be used in the gym, which could perhaps mean he may evolve. Soon.

Yeah like I said Satoshi has been training Scraggy and as of today Swadloon too apparently so they migth be used in the next gym, kinda like he said he was going to train his Don Battle team to be used in the gym and he used them(even though he wasn't going to use Snivy apparently).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, I'm going to sum up some of the stuff that happened in this episode, and were good, and some that were bad:

The good:
- Swadloon appears after a massive 18 episode gap.
- Ash in a training match against Dento
- Dento using Stunfisk (him using Stunfisk here and in the Kami episodes is to make up for it's loss in the Don Battle)
- Axew Dragon Raging a Deino
- Swadloon using Stringshot against a Deino
- Stunfisk getting stepped on again, actually a good gag if you ask me..
- Iris and Ash at least trying to capture the first two Deino.
- Flashback outlining that a Dragon Master can calm any Dragon pokemon.
- All Unova Dragon lines appearing in a single episode.
- Past series reference -> Jump reappearing: Compare Unova Jump to Hoenn Jump. Colorswapped from orange to red, and edited his blackface mouth off.
- Chargestone Cave appearing

The Bad:
- Whole lot of mèh..
- Iris eventually not getting it.
- Forum users complaining that all trainers look the same, when one is clearly female (or a male wearing a skirt) and the other two male, one with blue/black hair, and another with brown..

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Only seen the pictures so far.

So Stunfisk, Swadloon, and Dwebble got to appear, cool. Too bad Stunfisk and Swadloon's battle wasn't finished. Poor Stunfisk for getting stepped on too...it was starting to cry, aren't they suppose to wait for people to step on them, Deino must have a strong stomp.

Pikachu looked like it had vampire teeth at one point...Ash looked scared haha.

The daycare guy seems pretty buffed up, those muscles of his, not sure why he showed them off but still. He looks like he takes some classes from Cilan, considering he's spinning around and acting all Cilany...which means he's awesome :D.

Team Rocket is back and getting ready for their next plan, can't wait.

Iris doesn't get Deino in the end, was hoping she would, oh well.

It seems like an enjoyable episode to me.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
- Forum users complaining that all trainers look the same, when one is clearly female (or a male wearing a skirt) and the other two male, one with blue/black hair, and another with brown..

I wasn't complaining, I said they all look the same even the GIRL.

That is animators slacking unless they are family like I said, they can make them all bland and not look alike lol, did you seriously take my post serious though? oh and I didnt check if someone else said what I said but if someone meant that seriously...