• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lonely Deino (717)

JD

Hmm.. I've been pronouncing Deino's name like "Dee-No" this entire time and its turns out that it's pronounced "Dye-no" meh whatever not the first time something like that has happened.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Well this episode was a waist of time. I guess ishould have listened about that fause capture speculation. Well, the episode was nice but I feel that there is something more I wanted to see.

Aegon

Hmm.. I've been pronouncing Deino's name like "Dee-No" this entire time and its turns out that it's pronounced "Dye-no" meh whatever not the first time something like that has happened.
Well, it does come from eins (German for "one"); the "ei" is pronounced like "eye".

I love Iris. Don't cry babe, I know you wanted that Deino and I wanted you to get it too, but hopefully great things come your way in the future.

Very emotional episode, I got teary eyed at the end because I wanted Iris to catch it so bad:( :( :(

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Dammit! Deino on Iris's team is much better than Emonga, that's for sure. I don't get the reason why it had to be a daycare Pokemon and not a wild one. She could try to capture it but it would have been no guarantee.

SmartD

It's a good episode. Iris helps a Deino with its loneliness at Daycare center. Meanwhile Team Rocket are about to do another evil plot.

Azureth

That face Ash made. 0_0

It's been a long time since someone tried to catch another trainer's pokemon. Should have seen it coming since Ash would never think to just catch a pokemon that good, then succeed.

Wasn't the daycare much earlier in the game?

Isn't this guy a little old to be referring to himself in the third person?

Yay. Team Rocket is back! And searching for legendary pokemon to boot!

Hey. Pokemon don't gain EVs in the Daycare.

Lol. Fake out with the wrong trainer.

Ooh. Getting lost in Chargestone cave is not fun.

Maybe this Team Rocket scheme will actually go somewhere.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I don't particularly like Iris, but one thing I will say is that her episodes are some of the best ones of BW, but this one wasn't too great in my opinion. It was a boring episode imo, and very lackluster. I guess with the last 2 she and her pokemon got some development out of it, but they didn't in this one, it was pretty fillerish, and quite boring.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I kinda liked this episode. Deino was a cool pokemon, even the lonely one. The ending of the episode got my psyched for the next couple episodes.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I don't particularly like Iris, but one thing I will say is that her episodes are some of the best ones of BW, but this one wasn't too great in my opinion. It was a boring episode imo, and very lackluster. I guess with the last 2 she and her pokemon got some development out of it, but they didn't in this one, it was pretty fillerish, and quite boring.

Really?? this episode was quite amazing, and it really showed everyone that there is more to iris, then being immature.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
An episode that focused on Iris and what a lovely episode it was. It just goes to show how much Iris has learned from listening to other people, it really is a great string to her bow, so to speak. How she waited for the Deino to come out from behind the bush was heartwarming and when she finally succeeded she was so happy. It was just a shame Deino's trainer was late but I suppose he had a good reason.

Just a side note. How Ash reacted to the Deino eating the gang's food reminded me alot of May and her fiery love for food.

Nice Episode, however the plot thickens with Team Rocket again, what are they up to with the Kami Trio.

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
loved this episode aswell is it me or doesnt deino voice actor sound like the one who played loudred in advanced generation haha XD

Haunter ゴースト

Take this from somebody who isn't a huge fan of Dawn or Iris.

This episode tried to develop on Iris's emotional side, but ended up just becoming a very useless episode besides showing to the audience that she does indeed care about dragons and has the potential to obtain more than just Axew.

I imagine if i was younger this episode may have possibly been quite upsetting, but even so it was terribly done.
We practically watch Iris try to bond with a Deino failing up until the end. As soon as she gets it to come out of a bush which it's been doing for the past 3 days, it is picked up by it's trainer. No real emotional goodbye, no "i'll see you around", no nothing.

Not only this but the writers even acknowledged a chance for her to get to say goodbye as Ash and Cilan mentioned that she never said bye, but instead she simply said it was happy, and thus the episode ended.

It definetly tried to be an emotional episode but didn't really do the job right in my opinion, one thing this episode was good for was developing her role as wanting to become a dragon master.

I won't judge who had more emotional episodes out of Dawn and Iris until the end of BW.

Janovy

Banned
I won't judge who had more emotional episodes out of Dawn and Iris until the end of BW.
This episode wasn't really about emotions but rather about character growth and establishing the fact how much Iris has yet to learn about dragon types. Character growth because Iris needed to learn to let go. By trying to help Deino she grew attached to it despite knowing that it had a trainer and she only found herself heartbroken when she realized that Deino had to go. Nevertheless, such episodes that show off Iris as non-snarky, mature young girl (who still has a lot to learn) are really precious and much better than a great number of Cilan episodes. Furthermore, this episode extended her background and history even more with flashbacks.

This is why I always say that Iris gets quality episodes and Cilan gets the quantity of the episodes.

There's always some sort of depth and development involved with Iris-centric episodes while Cilan merely gets his sparkles, tasting time and random quirks/hobbies that satisfy fanboys/fangirls.

I imagine if i was younger this episode may have possibly been quite upsetting, but even so it was terribly done.
We practically watch Iris try to bond with a Deino failing up until the end. As soon as she gets it to come out of a bush which it's been doing for the past 3 days, it is picked up by it's trainer. No real emotional goodbye, no "i'll see you around", no nothing.

Not only this but the writers even acknowledged a chance for her to get to say goodbye as Ash and Cilan mentioned that she never said bye, but instead she simply said it was happy, and thus the episode ended.

It definetly tried to be an emotional episode but didn't really do the job right in my opinion, one thing this episode was good for was developing her role as wanting to become a dragon master.

Did you even watch the episode? Deino came out of the bush days before the trainer returned, after that it was getting close to iris. And I highly disagree about it being unemotional. The moment Deino was recalled back into its pokeball, you could see the story on Iris's face. She had grown attached to it and didn't want it to leave her.

Cilan said "didn't you want to say goodbye iris?", meaning she could've asked the trainer for a moment with Deino, but realized that seeing Deino's happiness was all she needed. This made it even more emotional, but you clearly missed that.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Don't all the characters normally have a Pokemon bonding episode like this? I know Ash has bonded with alot, May had one, Max, Brock with Sharpedo, Misty and the whole other bread and baskets. So this episode wasn't a surprise to me since the spoilers of no capture was relevant. However, the fact that out of the three Deinos, all of them belonged to someone. Talk about a troll luck episode.

Haunter ゴースト

Did you even watch the episode? Deino came out of the bush days before the trainer returned, after that it was getting close to iris. And I highly disagree about it being unemotional. The moment Deino was recalled back into its pokeball, you could see the story on Iris's face. She had grown attached to it and didn't want it to leave her.

Im just gonna start by saying i really dislike your tone, you did this in the other thread, almost as if your trying to make a flame war or something.

Anyway, yes i did watch the episode. It came out the second night to eat. The third following day it came out but only to Iris. The next day it remained out until the afternoon when the trainer finally returned. Basically, you saying it came out 'days' before the trainer returned isn't true, it only came out of the bush properly for one day and a half. Two days if you count the evening where it started eating.

And about the second half, that's your opinion, i didn't find it emotional enough, and i don't think it would be overly emotional for a child either. She may have bonded and become attatched with it, but it's clear that once Deino's trainer returned she was pleased for it when it was with it's trainer again, she showed a split 2 seconds of emotion (don't believe me? look at the images or watch the episode again) in her eyes, but immediately after smiled and waved goodbye, she was happy that Deino was happy.
It wasn't very emotional for me, since i don't think she bonded with it enough.

Cilan said "didn't you want to say goodbye iris?",

Yes, i've stated this.

meaning she could've asked the trainer for a moment with Deino, but realized that seeing Deino's happiness was all she needed. This made it even more emotional, but you clearly missed that.

Your right she could have, but to me my first immediate thoughts were 'what is she doing? is she too shy to ask the trainer?', and then the trainer left. I never thought about the emotional side of it since personally i don't think it was done properly, i didn't feel she bonded enough with it, and each day rushed by way too fast. That's the disadvantage of the show being 20 minutes.