• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lonely Deino (717)

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Im just gonna start by saying i really dislike your tone, you did this in the other thread, almost as if your trying to make a flame war or something.

Heh. Tone.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Better then most of the other fillers. I did like Bobby a lot

loved this episode aswell is it me or doesnt deino voice actor sound like the one who played loudred in advanced generation haha XD

Lisa Ortiz did the voice for Deino who is the voice of Oshawott

Battra

Not a bad episode it's nice seeing Iris get some focus especially since she's supposed to be a dragon master in training. Only problem I got is those Deino were breaking rocks with their heads, I would think headbutting a human with that much force in the rib cage would kill them.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
The pokemon characters have shown multiple time that they are superhuman. Pikachu can tear through steel like with his Volt Tackle. Ash can tank that thing with his chest.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked that Iris was trying to bond with the shy Deino at the Day Care Center, and I thought her story about the Druddigon at the Village of Dragons was interesting. Still, there were certain parts of the episode that I didn't like. The first being the other Deino at the Day Care; they were simply props. I also didn't like Iris's attitude when that guy came for his Foongus; I know she thought he was Deino's trainer, but she shouldn't have lost her temper; it made her seem childish, and I'm finally starting to understand why some people call her a hypocrite. The last thing that really irked me was Pikachu. I'm sick of the Pikachu-wakes-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-notices-that-someone-is-missing thing. I mean what the hell, does Pikachu suffer from insomnia? It's like he can't sleep. :mad:

Janovy

Banned
I know she thought he was Deino's trainer, but she shouldn't have lost her temper; it made her seem childish, and I'm finally starting to understand why some people call her a hypocrite.
Well yes, that's a character flaw. There's another example of that in one of the recent episodes where Iris called Ash a kid for not knowing something and when Ash asked whether she knows it, she just said "nope." So yeah, it's clear that she's almost as childish as Ash is.

Well yes, that's a character flaw. There's another example of that in one of the recent episodes where Iris called Ash a kid for not knowing something and when Ash asked whether she knows it, she just said "nope." So yeah, it's clear that she's almost as childish as Ash is.

And which episode is this? Theres no point in mentioning it unless you know which episode it came from.

Janovy

Banned

DMerle

Guess who's back
Even Cilan got out-camped in this episode, i thought the whole thing was a bit of a joke I mean who would leave there precious pokemon with Elton John anyway.

I also didn't like Iris's attitude when that guy came for his Foongus; I know she thought he was Deino's trainer, but she shouldn't have lost her temper; it made her seem childish, and I'm finally starting to understand why some people call her a hypocrite.

Even though I found that kind of funny, I do agree with this. It was dumb for her to assume he was Deino's trainer in the first place.

The funny thing is, if Deino wasn't a dragon type pokemon, she probably wouldn't have given a crap.

pokeaussie37

Pointless filler.

JK!!

I enjoyed that Iris had some interaction with a Dragon type Pokemon, good for her development. Bobby the Day-Care bloke was a laugh too.

I also had a laugh at Foongus' trainer. He was a nut. Felt sorry for that poor Deino and his/her trainer that got lost in Chargestone Cave, which was nice to see for the first time.

Agreed that Iris made herself out to be 'a little kid', and also that if it wasn't a Dragon type she probably wouldn't have cared as much. She would have, just not as much.

Even though I found that kind of funny, I do agree with this. It was dumb for her to assume he was Deino's trainer in the first place.

The funny thing is, if Deino wasn't a dragon type pokemon, she probably wouldn't have given a crap.

Are you kidding me? That guy walked right up to Iris, bent down on one knee, and opened his arms in front of Deino saying he came for his pokemon. What was she supposed to think?

The funny thing is, if any other character besides iris had done the same thing and gotten angry, you would've said it was an honest mistake, but since it was Iris (and you being a Iris hater), you decide call her out on it. What a hypocrite.

The only reason iris got angry was because the trainer didn't call or anything and Deino was going into further depression. When the real trainer returned and explained why he was late, Iris then understood the situation.

It baffles me how some of you can't understand the simple things that are being shown on your screen.

Insinuating that Iris doesn't care about any pokemon unless it's a dragon type, which isn't true.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
That episode hasn't even been dubbed yet. How would you know what they said unless you speak Japanese?
Along with that 00poke_maniac said, the episode has been subbed by the people who speak Japanese.

gliscor&yanmega

I liked Bobby's dub voice, I wasn't sure but I thought it sounded familiar, found out his voice actor voiced another character on another show.

Deino sounded nice too.

I enjoyed the dub version overall.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!

Well no one told her to stay there with the Deino especially if it's at the damn daycare. It's not like it was left in the wild or something cold and hungry.
As far as the other types are concerned you might be right. But this is one of those episodes where the writers want to focus on her emotion.