• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lonely Deino (717)

Alloutℯ

Banned
Hmmm well sure she had gotten Emolga a short while back, but since Iris was a Dragon Master in-training, she still deserved a new dragon type from my point of view. Deino just seemed perfect for her, but the writing staff apparently didn't care. ^^;

Not to mention that if Deino had been caught by Iris here, she might have fully evolved it later, and she wouldn't have even needed to get Dragonite.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that we kept being teased regarding Iris keeping the Monozu here makes me wonder if she was originally going to capture it before the 2011 earthquake affected Best Wishes.

Deino attacking Iris when she was so sure that she could handle the situation was hilarious. I was glad that neither Ash or Iris caught the Deino. I thought that Bobbie was fun character. He was energetic and did enjoy his work, despite being unable to take care of the three Deino on his own. I felt bad for the Deino that was too shy to eat the food they gave it.

Scorbunnie

Episodes like this where we are made to care for a Pokemon and believe it will get caught by a major character only for nothing to happen are annoying. Iris isn't my favorite character at all but even I thought she got trolled when it came to not keeping the Deino.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Episodes like this where we are made to care for a Pokemon and believe it will get caught by a major character only for nothing to happen are annoying. Iris isn't my favorite character at all but even I thought she got trolled when it came to not keeping the Deino.
She deals with its line one way or another.

A Hydreigon ended up being the indirect reason for her to get her (sucky) Dragonite.

Then later on it turns out she has a friend at her hometown who owns TWO Zweilous, and then one of them ends up evolving and she has to be the one to calm it down as a Hydreigon.

Things just got silly when Ash had to deal with one from the most unlikely source at the league.

The line was the point of drama while for whatever reason (Dewott was the point of comedy for appearing just as much through Burgundy, that firefighter guy during N's arc, and that island full of Oshawott during filler trip). It was overused, it was silly.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
First time watching this episode.

WE WERE ROBBED.

It was so great watching the BW group play nannies and help the Daycare worker out, him forcing them to still feed The Pokemon when they were about to leave was funny. Iris telling Ash he could leave and go to Driftveil since his badge is important to him without her but then he insists he stays.

Iris telling Deino about the Village of Dragons and how talking on and on allows you to bond and break the ice even with the the most closed people. Not giving up to understand Deino's feelings and staying consistent even when people dismissed it helped her develop her powers. Obviously Deino's trainer would come back but this was still a nice episode, Deino returning to their Pokeball and smiling towards her was awesome