• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Lonely Snover (589)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
@jolteonjak- Especially since this shows as the title for DP116.

But when the episode started, WOW. The High Touch Opening was finally used! :D And what a great job! And what an opening for the episode title.

Er, looks like HD isn't working on my TV (guess since it ain't HD). Maybe my TV in the living room will work. Oh well, hopefully this gives YouTube in HD a use.

Episode way, it's going pretty much okay. Snover's pretty cool, but I don't like to see Pokemon feel lonely. But Im glad Snover now has friends, even though they're pretty much little kids. :p Also, Grotle using Rock Climb was quite awesome.

But hey, great episode! The opeing stood out the most for me this morning.

Geodude

I rather liked that trick that Grotle learned where it uses some claw move to gain traction so it can run extremely fast. What move is that, Metal Claw?

A bit of a belated answer now that the dub has aired, but even listening to the Japanese episode should have made it obvious that the move is Rock Climb, since it has the same name in Japanese. And not only that, it's been mentioned at least a dozen times already in this thread, so a little bit of reading would have made sense.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
When I saw the original Japanese title, I thought it going to be a Snover lost in the snow trying to find its family. I'm really curious on what its snowballs taste like as I'm guessing they're like snow cones but taste better. Grotle learning rock climb was kind of a letdown since HM moves can't be learned from gaining experience, with the exception of Rayquaza though. I forgot to mention about the new intro, which is good, and perhaps everyone's happy that they added the Darkrai vs. Regigigas scene.

Last edited:

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Aha! They edited the opening to include High Touch scenes now, and the episode looked great in HD. (and I wasn't going to rewatch it...)
I'm slightly more entertained by this episode now that's its in English. And it's cool that Grotle learned a new attack.

Grotle learning rock climb was kind of a letdown since HM moves can't be learned from gaining experience

Games =/= Anime... -_-

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
i liked the new credits they were cool.

The episode was awe some too, my fav was the whole grotle hero/action scene. that was awesome!

klubkj

this ep. wasn't great but it was good. i liked how it focused on grotle this time, just like last week it focused on staravia/staraptor. next ep. will focus on piplup.

JohnLee

@jolteonjak- Especially since this shows as the title for DP116.

But when the episode started, WOW. The High Touch Opening was finally used! :D And what a great job! And what an opening for the episode title.

Er, looks like HD isn't working on my TV (guess since it ain't HD). Maybe my TV in the living room will work. Oh well, hopefully this gives YouTube in HD a use.

Episode way, it's going pretty much okay. Snover's pretty cool, but I don't like to see Pokemon feel lonely. But Im glad Snover now has friends, even though they're pretty much little kids. :p Also, Grotle using Rock Climb was quite awesome.

But hey, great episode! The opeing stood out the most for me this morning.

I absolutely loved this episode! The opening was amazing! Almost identical to Japan's minus a couple of scenes. Did anyone know they were going to do new opening?

Snover was amazing! I loved it's character! Too bad it it never joined anyone's team....it seemed to get along well with everyone. Oh well. Rock climb was superb! It was nice to grotle get some of it's speed back! :)

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
You're kidding?! They did the Japanese opening today?! In the middle of the season? That's a definite first! I forgot that this episode was going to be in HD but didn't know that the opening from Japan was going to appear. I thought they were saving the opening scenes for next season. I missed it this morning but I have CN west on my Dish Network so I'll catch it at Noon.

Torpoleon

The new opening is awesome! Well, it is the Japanese opening. It also has scenes for DP129. It didn't air in widesreen, right? I do like the episode though.

mangod/pikachu

Volcano Trainer
I actually thought Ash was going to get Snover. O_O
Instead he went off with some kids. That's not a bad thing, but I'd rather see Ash get a new Pokémon.

JD

This episode was okay except for snovers voice eww Im shocked ash didnt catch snover and oak it and then swap it out for gyms and league battles but I guess its okay he didint

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Nope, there wasn't any HD on my TV. But when I looked up the TV radio aspects, CN kept it 4:3 like it's always been. As the HD episodes are a 16:9 ratio.

But yeah, the opening was an incredible suprise. That woke my eyes up this morning. xD

And also, anyone notice the font for "To Be Continued" was changed as well. :( It was okay, but personally, we've had the original since the first episode.

Torpoleon

Nope, there wasn't any HD on my TV. But when I looked up the TV radio aspects, CN kept it 4:3 like it's always been. As the HD episodes are a 16:9 ratio.

But yeah, the opening was an incredible suprise. That woke my eyes up this morning. xD

And also, anyone notice the font for "To Be Continued" was changed as well. :( It was okay, but personally, we've had the original since the first episode.
The font for To Be Continued was also changed the Japanese one. The opening was quite a surprise to me, as well. I wish that CN did not keep it at 4:3 although I don't think 16:9 will work on my TV. It might though. I know it will work for my friend because with SSBB, he has the ratio at 16:9. The episode was still great though!

csisps_26

Roark <3
It's cool that they changed the opening sequence. Good to see scenes from High Touch! (they cut out the part with Gary & Paul) ahemm... and DP129 as well. VERY much better than the previous sequence.

On to the episode...

Overall, very good. With Snover being a prankster and all that, plus Grotle learning Rock Climb. Snover sounded kind of funny, even though it wasn't what I expected it to be.

Last edited:

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
it's this week ,i just watched it ,and i was lie huh! they changed it to a fastforward version of the japanese version!,probaly due to complaints

Nidoprince

I thought Ash would definatly end up with Snover. I liked the episode, and the knew opening credits. The scene where Grotle was rescuing Snover was so awesome.

Linkdarkside

i loved the new intro and the music match better too.
Grotle learning Rock Climb was bad ***.

it's this week ,i just watched it ,and i was lie huh! they changed it to a fastforward version of the japanese version!,probaly due to complaints
no they change it because the old one included alot of old scenes.

@Ren and Pika- Yes, this is the first time the dub has took a tenure change, however a similar episode (Once in a Mawhile) had a change in the opening, only two or three of them were cut out before the release of DP was out.

As for the opening, I thought it was well down and how it turned out to be cramped into once opening. Seriously, it's like Pokemon International just took the whole part of High Touch in snippets and high speed. Snover's dub voice wasn't half bad as I expected.

As for the CN channel having HD, yes they do have an HD channel, but it's only available via satellite viewers. I am sure they will move eventually, or once the season gets a boxset itself next year, the episodes will be in HD format.